• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Gen V released two Legendary trios (though technically one is a quartet). Gen VI has no Legendary trios. Why not save the Swords of Justice for Gen VI? They are based off of The Three Musketeers after all and Kalos is based on France where the Musketeers originated from. Considering Kalos makes zero effort at all to hide the fact that is is all kinds of French would have made the symbolism that much more poignant.

Unfortunately, I already know the answer: Kalos didn't exist when the Swords of Justice were created. Hindsight is a powerful thing and I'm sure the people at Game Freak were facepalming if/when they realized how appropriate it would have been.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Gen VI has no legendary trios. For all we know Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion could be an upcoming trio for Kalos. :p

Psycho Monkey

Somehow Stel's comment made everything sensible. Unova had three trios if we count Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. Those three are based on the concepts of Yin, Yang, and Wuji which are Chinese in origin. Tepig's line is also Chinese in origin being based on Zhu Wuneng from Journey to the West. The Swords of Justice and Snivy line are French in origin. Thunderus, Tornadus, and Landorus are based on Fuujin, Raijin, and Inari. Japanese origin. The Oshawott line are samurais. Japanese origin. Game Freak you cheeky dick waffles.

Also, Chibi. WHAT!? :o Did I miss something somewhere, HUH!?

Trying to find a tutorial on rollover images so I can make one for my signature, but none of the tutorials I've seen show how to properly upload the image after it's made on Photoshop, Fireworks, or Dreamweaver!!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Mum decided to do some Christmas shopping while we were out, so we headed down to our local Toys R US. They've already started stocking some X & Y stuff, so I picked up a couple of packs of figures (featuring Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie and most importantly a little Eevee ♥). Looks like they've been stocking XY plushies as well, but all they had left was one rather lonely looking Fennekin, who of course had to come home too. :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently thinking how it'd been far too long since I properly posted on the forums (and there's still so much left that I'd like to reply to). This is what happens!

Linkachu's spamming again!.png

I believe the image is appropriately named. xp

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Where is my mind this morning, I do not know. Been up for nearly three hours by now and my energy levels still can't seem to stabilize enough for me to be able to actually do something productive.

Ah well, can't be helped.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Trying to get all of this HTML stuff to stick is harder than I thought... On the bright side, I'm picking up CSS just fine. Also; I forgot how much I enjoyed playing my 'Avatar: The Legend of Aang' games. I wonder if they'll ever make one for 'The Legend of Korra'...

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Gen VI has no legendary trios. For all we know Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion could be an upcoming trio for Kalos. :p
I aggree that Hoopa and Volcanion could be legendaries, but Diancie an evolution of Carbink.. It has the same typing as Carbink, while the other two have unique. Also you can see the similarities with Diancie and Carbink. Thats what I am thinking about.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Got The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds this morning! Cost me a fiver less than expected and friends are still telling me it's a brilliant handheld Zelda, so hopefully it lives up to all this hype. :D

currently wonder trading like 3 boxes full of breeded pokemon ^.^ hoping that something cool will come besides those fletchlings and bunnel rabbits -.-

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I was rereading a bunch of my old posts in this thread and I came across this and just

So the other day, I was thinking about what life at home would be like once I moved out. I ended up crying so hard that when my parents found me in my room the had to gently persuade me into bed and tucked me in.... I guess it was sweet but kinda embarrassing. Like, I'm supposed to be grown up now, but I still need them to do stuff like that for me.

I just never want them to be lonely or sad, but when my mom told me that she's had the happiest 18 years of her life with me around it just kind of struck me how much they've meant to me and I've meant to them. Oh my gosh, I can't even finish typing this without crying. I'm going to miss my parents a lot, even if they've been strict on me we're a really loving family and we seem to have a really healthy relationship with each other, and I know that won't change at all when I leave for college but just the fact we won't see each other on a daily basis anymore is really upsetting.

I was actually crying while rereading this... Doesn't help at ALL that I haven't been home for almost two months now, and even though I'm going home tomorrow I'm still sad and upset and homesick and my best friends are going to the aquarium without me today and just

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I HAVE STAR PAPER. YESSSSSS

I have to figure out a way to play more Final Fantasy. Currently, I only own and have played 4 games with it in the title( Final Fantasy I [SNES], Final Fantasy III [DS], Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance [GBA], and Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light [DS]). :o

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I finally decided on what I'm going to do with myself today!
Read my entire collection of manga. Mhmm. <333

...And play some Pokémon Crystal.
I'm a very productive person. :'D

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Sun is shinin' in the sky. There ain't a cloud in sight!
It's stopped rainin'. Everybody's in a play and don't you know,
it's a beautiful new day. Runnin' down the avenue, see how the sun shines brightly!
In the city on the streets where once was pity, Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.

Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why, you had to hide away for so long!
Where did we go wrong?

Hey there, Mr. Blue! We're so pleased to be with you.
Look around, see what you do. Everybody smiles at you!

...Damn song is stuck in my head.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Going for Chinese and then bowling with the work buddies (aka the Tesco family) for a much needed break from working. Time to show off my very-much-lacking bowling prowess ^^;

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Being sick so often sucks. It really, really does. Went little more than two weeks after recovering from tonsillitis only to catch a stupid cold. The least you could have done world is let me get to the end of the year without suffering anything else! D:<

In other news playing more Zelda. Glad it's turning out somewhat challenging, it's proving to be a lot of fun. ^^

Psycho Monkey

I hate my winter coat. For four years I had no need for it because I was going to college in the south where all I needed to get by in the winter was a hoody. Now that I'm graduated and back home for winter I had to dig it out. Inside one of the pockets was a bag of chocolatechip cookies that expired in 2011. I opened the bag and smelled the cookies. They smelled terrible so it was with great sadness that I had to throw them away. I blame the coat for hiding them from me for four years! D:<

There were other things in the pockets past their prime but nothing as distressing as losing cookies.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
So, according to the trophy I just got, I've been with all you crazy folks for three years now. Had no idea I'd have such close friendships with so many of you back in 2010, let alone get in a relationship with a certain football-Eevee-Kyubey-thing ^^...and I definitely didn't expect the..."reputation" I would receive (robot maid Magikarp indeed XD) I'm glad to have stumbled upon this website full of pizza-loving, tea-drinking, armblade-slashing, kick-obsessed, fabulous psychos. Hope to stick around for many more years to come.

When I went into a book called "Rot & Ruin," I was a little disappointed at first. It had some good ideas, sure, but the main character was annoying, bratty, and tactless. However, as the story progressed, he found out the truth of things in this version of the zombie apocalypse as he matured. Still has some action, but it has many cool ideas, and is surprisingly much more humane about the zombies themselves. I give this book 4.5 out of 5, and I will continue to read this series happily. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, I work in a computer lab and one part of my job is giving new students their usernames and passwords. One of my assistant admins just dropped in to hand me the latest student sheet, and I read the username: lmao109244

lmao

I'm dying.