• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
If there is one thing I very much dislike, it is when my laptop decides it wants to restart itself to update without my permission. If I just have the internet open, or better yet nothing open, that isn't so bad. The part I hate is it only seems to do this when I have RoTN open and it decides to ignore the fact that I saved previously meaning two pages are deleted when I turn it back on! >=O

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Reposting this chatlog here to let you all know JUST HOW DAMN HAPPY I AM

[20:47] <Shiny> oh my gosh something amazing just happened to me
[20:47] <Cloveria> What?
[20:47] <Shiny> so I was playing Texas Holdem with my friends and I had the 8 and Jack of hearts
[20:47] <Shiny> the cards come down and I thought I was going to have nothing
(note not from logs: they were, in order, 9 of hearts, Ace of diamonds, Queen of hearts, 6 of clubs)
[20:47] <Shiny> until THE LAST CARD IS THE TEN OF HEARTS
[20:47] <Shiny> AND I WAS LIKE FUCK YEAH
[20:48] <Shiny> STRAIGHT FLUSH
[20:48] <Shiny> ALL IN
[20:48] <Shiny> everyone thought I was bluffing
[20:48] <Shiny> hahahahaha NOPE SUCKERS
[20:48] <Shiny> NATURAL STRAIGHT FLUSH
[20:48] <Shiny> IN YOUR FACES
[20:48] <Shiny> ...
[20:48] <P_M> Bitchin!
[20:48] <Shiny> I'm sorry but I've ALWAYS wanted to see a natural straight flush in Texas Holdem before
[20:48] <Cloveria> Sweet
[20:48] <P_M> So how much did you win?
[20:48] <Shiny> ... 4 coins |D
[20:48] <Shiny> my all in was my last coin
[20:48] <P_M> XD
[20:49] <Shiny> BUT I'M JUST SO HAPPY THAT I HAD A FREAKING STRAIGHT FLUSH

And that is my story of playing poker today.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My Field Guide to Kanto by Kari Fry finally came in the post :') So glad I bought it, it's so beautifully done!

20140722_114939.jpg 20140722_115039.jpg

The extra money for the hardcover was totally worth it, I'd love it if one day there was a book for each Region, they'd make for a lovely collection xD

Psycho Monkey

I attempted to clean my room today. Key word their being attempted. My bed now has random stuff thrown on it and there is a crater in the middle of my floor barely big enough to sleep in. I know because I tried napping in it!Basically, if you took a before and after picture, the before was neater. I could have made a demotivational and make the caption "Cleaning: You're doing it wrong!" :'D

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
oliver_by_steelmineral-d7shbww.jpg

This is my kitty, Oliver. He is 15 years of age and has been my best friend since I was 8. Recently, he had an abscess due to a tooth but we couldn't tell because it was the root that was infected. The side of his face that he's lying on was all swollen up to the point that his eye was unable to open and was bleeding. When we took him to the vet, they said it was probably a tumor - my heart snapped into two. We lost our Raven to a chest tumor the week before so I just broke down into tears then and there. [This is Raven~]

I can't tell you how relieved I was when told that it was just an abscess! He had an operation on it, got some antibiotics and is almost completely healed now. I've been looking forward to removing the cone - he really detests the thing since it keeps him from doing his daily cat duties. [I almost typed 'cuties' instead of duties. Heehee~]

But yeah, this has been on my mind a LOT lately. I'm so extremely glad - I would be completely lost without him! We're also getting a new cat for my sister due to Ravens passing. Her name is Rosemary [I call her Rosie] and she's due to come here later this week!!

rosemary_by_steelmineral-d7shd78.jpg

This is her! Isn't she just beautiful? She may look similar to Raven but her personality is completely different. She's very hyper, affectionate and playful. AND SO TINY! Rosie is literally the most perfect cat I've ever seen. She's clingy but not in an annoying kinda way? She's this little fluffy ball of MASS CUTE that demands you to melt over her cuteness. Anyway, I should stop rambling now but yeah...

TL;DR: Cats! ♥
P.S// R.I.P, Raven - I miss you everyday... Also! Olivers actual eye is fine~ ♥
They thought he was blind in that one at some point due to it being cloudy but I think it was just the way the infection or lighting was at the time we were discussing his condition. n_n

Last edited:
I just found out this weekend that I'm unable to keep my job due to budget constraints, & I'm no going to have to move back home in two weeks. Right now I'm just torn since going home & staying where I'm at both have it's advantages and disadvantages, but at the same time I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, & it's making me frustrated & crazy:@@.@;_;>=O>=O

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I usually highly dislike Free, but this week's episode hit a spot a little too close to home and I ended up crying throughout the episode because it was just that relatable. Hell, I'm still kind of in pieces thinking about it. I didn't like how they handled the issue because it seemed too optimistic and unrealistic to me, but eh, I know that's the kind of anime Free is.

On a similar note, talked about WWII in history class today and that also felt a little too personal, especially when talking about Japan's invasion of China (my grandparents were directly involved in that someway or another) or the bombing of Pearl Harbor (which is close to where I was born). I had to force myself to stay in class and not walk out several times in the lecture.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So I have a thing with Candy Floss/Cotton Candy. As a child I was never allowed to have it, due to mum saying it was so bad for my teeth etc, and I literally didn't have any until I was in my teens. Thus, to this day if I see any to buy I just have to buy it. It's like the ultimate taboo (I'm so sad, ha!) From an American style store I just found some Rainbow Cotton Candy. Mind = blown :')

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Due to it being super grim outside (which sucks because in half and hour I'll have to brave the outdoors for work) it's actually cold in my bedroom for the first time in months and I'm sat all cosy and wrapped up in a blanket. A blanket ♥

I realise that the British Summer barely lasts and I should be enjoying these times of warmth but oh my goodness a blanket. I love me the cold nights, I do.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
*sigh*
So i found this really funny gif on I can has Cheezburger.
hFE10A0DE

I wanted to use it as my avi, but it's stuck in one place. Can someone help?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I wanted to use it as my avi, but it's stuck in one place. Can someone help?
Basically, the only way to keep it animated (for now) is to upload it in a format that's 192px wide or less, because if the server ever resizes it itself, it'll make it lose animation. So you'll need to somehow resize that image yourself to 192px, then upload it. Then the large version will stay animated. xp

I've been hiding in my blanket because of all these storms. Then I wore it like a poncho because it's so soft (I was also in my pyjamas and holding a teddy bear).

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I swear to god.
I cannot stop listening to this song for some reason.
Someone please help me before...
"I got my mind made up and I can't let go..."
God, not again.

if gamefreak messes up the whole game (or and as) when i get it im going to be highly depressed for my whole life and im going to regret that i got a horrible hoenn remake and hope they regret it also

Psycho Monkey

I went to Otakon this weekend so for those of you who care to know this is what happened

Thursday:
All Thursday usually entails is us picking up our badges for the con. We might have to wait in line for an hour or so but that’s not too bad. Thing was, the first preseason Ravens game just happened to be Thursday night meaning traffic was going to be all kinds of hell. Knowing this, we opted to wait until 8:00 to pick up our badges. In fact, we even took the light rail to completely bypass all traffic. No big deal right? Well this year the con staff had a system failure so for 3 hours that day (they opened at 2pm) no one got processed so the line zigzagged and looped around the Convention Center four times! In other words, out of the 35,000 attendees to the con, 20,000 were outside waiting at the same time! The worst part was that by 10:30 at night they had to cut off the line because Convention Center policy demanded that no one be left inside after midnight (despite the fact that Friday and Saturday go to 2am!) And so my group returned home in defeat after two hours since we were only 50% through the line when it was cut off.

Friday:
After the farce that was the day before, we woke up at 6am and moved our asses to be at the Convention Center early so that we’d be close to the front of the line which still looped around once. Knowing that they screwed up though, the staff opened the doors early to get a head start in processing people so we ended up getting inside the same time we would have on a normal day.

Our first order of business was an Anime called Witchcraft Works which is about two rival groups of witches trying to kidnap a guy because they want him for his body, specifically the white stuff inside it. As you can imagine, when they tell him this he completely gets the wrong idea and thinks they want to rape him. Hilarity ensues. It was only the first 3 episodes so I can’t say much more than that.

Next, I watched Journey to the West, a movie based on my favorite book. Thanks to watching Witchcraft Works though, I ended up missing the first half hour. The storyline was completely different than the book, but since I knew the lore I was able to predict how certain events would turn out as well as who certain characters were before they were ever named. Naturally when his Majesty Sun Wukong the Monkey King appeared I got out of my seat and kneeled before my Master. The best part was he was as powerful and evil as ever! >:D

After lunch, I got my Haruhi DVDs signed by Haruhi herself, Wendee Lee! It amused me because I always thought she’d be the last member of the cast I’d get to sign my DVDs. Only two more to go!

When walking to dinner later that day I local city boy came up to me and the following conversation took place:

Boy: I bet you be Dracula.
Me: I am not.
Boy: Who you be den?
Me(in my Lelouch voice): I am Zero.
Boy: Who dat be?
Me(turning up the ham): The Man Who Works Miracles!
Boy: 0_0 Ok. *walks away*

If I wasn’t carrying bags and my mask, I would have put my hand over my left eye for more trolling entertainment! XD

The only other eventful thing to happen was the panel about the beautiful but deadly creature called the Yandere. For those who don’t know, yandere means “crazy love” and is when you have a girlfriend (or boyfriend because males can be yandere too) who loves you so much you become the reason they live and if you do something foolish like reject their love, people die. Depending on the yandere either the people around you die because they are competition for your time and attention or you die because you would dare reject their love. There was even a flow chart on how to live if you piss off your yandere. If you don’t do what the flow chart says, you end up with a Nice Boat. I fell into uncontrolable laughter at this point. XD One interesting thing I learned was that since yandere is a state of mind, it doesn’t have to just be directed at a person. It can be directed to an object like a PRECIOUS ring. So yeah, Gollum is yandere for the One Ring. When Q&A time came, I decided to test my luck with this:

Me: How would one maintain an active social life and a happy yandere?
Yandere Host: Take her with you!
Me: What about a guy’s night out?
YH: You would rather spend time with them than ME!? After everything you learned tonight?
Me(As submissive as possible): I-it was just a question… I’m sorry…
YH: You better be!

She was just teasing of course so I decided to play along and enjoy the show. It was an awesome panel and the sequel is supposed to come out next year.

Saturday:
We started the day with two mistakes. The first was deciding that there wasn’t anything we wanted to do until 10am so that made it ok to sleep in and leave my house at 9am. The second mistake was not checking the traffic report before leaving. The Charles Street Race was Saturday morning which made traffic not moving! I’m losing what little sanity I have because the Code Geass photoshoot is at 10 and I’m nowhere near the Con at 9:45! As soon as we got out of traffic and were able to park, I ran to the Con! Luckily I made it with five minutes to spare so I was able to go to the bathroom and straiten myself up to be the sexy Zero that I am and catch my breath.

After the shoot we watched the Anime Brynhildr followed by JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Both were pretty good. Next we watched the AMV contest which had so many great and funny videos in it.

There were things we wanted to do after the AMVs, but we got wind that the line for Voice Actors After Dark was forming so we went straight there even if that meant sitting around for 3hours because that is the single best panel of the Con. Most of the voice actor at the Con gather into one room and answer questions and tell stories for an 18+ crowd. What made this year better than the rest was the VAs had Cards Against Humanity and were creating scenarios with them. For those of you not in the know, Cards Against Humanity is similar to Apples to Apples, but full of memes and adult situations not suitable for the younger crowds. There was also an interpreter for deaf people there so the VAs decided it would be fun to get him to do signs for some of the cards like skull fucking, legless horse, and other hilarious shenanigans that made me wonder how these signs were ever conceived or if the deaf people would even know what he was saying!

Sunday:
We only watched two things on this day before deciding there was nothing left worth doing. The first thing we watched was Smuggler, a movie about two rival mafia factions going at it and the freelance smugglers who ended up working for both of them. The last thing we watched was Mekaku City Actors which is an Anime I’ve heard good things about from @Kyubeon but never got the chance to watch until now. It’s weird as hell and bounces around a lot but it didn’t disappoint.

So this is my last week of quarter and luckily enough I dont have any finals for summer quarter... But my Anthropology class is kinda killing my head. I was not expecting it to be so introspective in its papers and I really REALLY dislike looking at myself as something to write about because I'm so insecure about everything. Everyone I know is like "You're a beautiful person!" "You are really talented" and things of the like but I dont see myself as that. What I see is a scared 18 year old girl who has not idea how to live on her own and is completely terrified of the day she has to find out. Sometimes I think about 'things' really depressing things, and hell I cant even think about how I feel about myself without breaking down and crying for hours. Both of my parents tell me that I'm in a really good place in life, but I cant see it. I just want life to pause for a bit and let me be a kid again. Just for a little bit.

My parents are so sexist and racist and rely so much on stereotypes to judge people before they even get to know them. Ugh.
I know the feeling. Growing up in the south in Mississippi, most adults are like this. Like, if a man doesn't hunt or like football he's suddenly gay (as if that's bad for some reason?), and if I told my parents that I was friends with or liked a particular person that was anything other than African American or Caucasian, they assume they're foreign and shouldn't be in America. Cuz, you know, whites were totally here first and didn't take the land from anyone else in particular (ow that hurt me to type that out). Not to mention the rampant homophobia and transphobia.

Also I have writer's block right now and it's killing me.

Family has dragged me out to see Lucy not looking forward to seeing it. I just wanted to nap.

EDIT: I felt ill so I have to sit in the car while they watch it which means nap time

Last edited:

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Apparently at night GTS trades actually go smoothly.
I've gotten 10 good trades in the past 2 days,I'm trying not to break the streak.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Looks like I ruined my streak. Will anyone take a Cresselia for a manaphy? (I feel like a beggar on the streets of GTS)
Summer homework can kill a person, nevertheless drive them barking mad. Unless the book is interesting. Luckily the book took a sharp turn (it was only 3 pages full of awesomeness) and now I'm all into the book.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Ugh. I hate when you upload something to fanfic.net on time( just for your readers), and then you look at it a couple hours later for reviews, and your reviewers tell you it's all in freaking formatting code.
This is the second time it's happened this month! This is terrible.