• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

#BelieveInThePeeko!
b3efdb96a80ca197a7f216afd096cada9a3df3e4_hq.jpg

Regarding the previously mentioned web comic, I just looked up the Homestuck Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes, and I found some things that I never noticed was scary since I turn off all audio except from videos and the AnimeMusic app. I apparently handle visual Nightmare Fuel like a pro, since I thought Trickster mode was hilarious and other "scary" moments I either respond emotionlessly or regard it as awesome. (Though that Squiddle at the top of the page unnerved me a bit.)

That being said, I don't handle audio Nightmare Fuel very well, particularly loud ones. Probably why I'm so skittish about jump scares. Thanks to that handy little "vibrate" switch that blocks most noises from my iPhone, I haven't encountered anything like that yet. But I'm going to play happy Vocaloid songs when reading Homestuck, and if the sound somehow gets past the vibrate function, I'm going to nope out of there and just read summaries.

Really stressed out at the moment due to an art assessment that I have to hand in tomorrow. Honestly we had all year to do this, so it's my fault that I left it up to the very last minute. I wish I could stop procrastinating, but I swear it's getting worse and worse.
Anyway it'll be a huge relief once the thing is done.

Now for the good news. I know some people get sick of me talking about my plushies, but this is something very exciting. I got a hold of one of my grails. The Black Kyurem PokeDoll.
The reason I'm so excited about this one (apart from the grail part) is how rare it is, and when you do find one it's insanely expensive. Like, $100 (On Ebay. I know you can find them for cheaper on collecting communities like PKMNCollectors, but they still very, very pricey) expensive, and that's for one that isn't in perfect condition. So obviously I thought I'd never get my hands on one…..
Wrong!
I ended up finding one on Ebay for $55 and brought it without hesitation. Now that might still sound expensive, but trust me that's a very fair price for one of these guys. It is also in very good condition, except that it's hangtag is detached, but I honestly don't care about that at all as I'm not one of those collectors that have to everything in mint condition with all tags attached.
Even better, it's coming from Australia, so it'll be here in no time (hopefully).
So excited!

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Playing against my friends in Pokemon showdown,
I've learned two things
One: I am team rocket leader LOL
Inside Joke
Two: We can't play against each other while watching Studio Ghibli movies and drinking Coke and Rum
it's a dangerous combo, very much so.
*Nods head*

Life has been so nice to me today! Not only did I get a scholarship to go to Singapore to go stalk some psychologists for a week, but we also got approved for the apartment I wanted so I actually have somewhere to live next year! It has a freaking spa bath. Screw the bedroom I'm living in the bath all year.

... Actually life is being too nice to me. Now I'm suspicious that's somethings going to go wrong... I'm onto you life, I know this works -_-

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Just when i thought things were finally going well, you go and do -that-? Nope can't take this, can't take this at all, it's been 24 hours and I'm still a shaking mess ugh x.x Only things keeping me functional are literally games right now, but I can't exactly play them all day, can I?

EDIT: And now you come and do and say that shit, great. Thanks. Really know how to make me feel better, huh?

Edit 2: and now the other one comes in and yells at me fuck this

Last edited:

obey_jaidon

Formerly MLEevee
I hate my home now. Every time i go, there's always a problem. Either my parents fighting with each other, or with my brother. But, its mostly me and my mom. Every day there's an argument. Sometimes i just dont even wanna go home. Everytime i try to prove my point, they always have to be right. And my dad automatically agrees with her, not even bothering to hear my side. Before, i used to just think it was always me. But now i know, im defending myself no matter what. They're always throwing me under the damn bus. IM TIRED OF THIS CRAP!!!!! i hate my home. sometimes, i just wanna be alone, and im changing my thoughts and personality now that im growing up. But she doesnt see that. she expects me to be the same forever, and always thinks somethings wrong. before, i was more extroverted and rarely caused any drama, cause i let them throw me under the bus all the time. now, im more introverted and quiet, and becoming more short tempered. i dont know if this is my teen years kicking in, but please, if you've gone threw this, please PLEASE let me know what to do. And trust me, ive tried harder to stop this 'attitude', but it doesnt seem to work.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW~~~~

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Dear Nintendo

Fuck you for distributing Hoopa through McDonalds in North America. The only cesspool near my house isn't doing the event, in fact they didn't even know what "Hooper" was when I asked despite giving out Pokemon toys in their (un)happy meals. The next time you decide to distribute an event through the worst fast food place in existence, don't. Especially since you're indirectly encouraging younglings who play the games to eat that shit while they're there. WiFi, GameStop, or code. I'll accept Toys R Us too since they actually sell the games and don't encourage childhood obesity.

From Psycho Monkey, a Pokemon fan since Red/Blue.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Sharpshoter, it looks like you need time alone. Any time you get, you need to relax. Try sitting in a still position and think about all the good things in life. Maybe avoid your parents a little bit and staying quiet will work. I don't really know but all I know is that you need to calm. I'm about the same age as you, and i'm changing as well. But iv'e learned it's good to tell the truth and be honest with your parents.

If you were joking bout this...I sound like a doctor. So embarrassing.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Well. Something random.

I LIKE WRITINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, anyone who enjoys anything and everything that has to do with YA fiction should read The Young Elites and its sequel, The Rose Society, immediately. It's so delightfully dark, with a mentally unstable, twisted, lonely teenage girl as the protagonist. There's powers, there's romance, there's blood, there's great character development, it's just everything I wanted and more. I do not know how I will be able to wait another year for the final book in this trilogy. This is easily one of my favorite book trilogies ever. So yeah, go read these books! (These are by a lady named Marie Lu, by the way.)

17984141.jpg
23846013.jpg

The Young Elites Synopsis:
Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

Psycho Monkey

Not really a thought, more like something I was going to post in OOC, but seeing as how I was the last one to OOC anything in the last six weeks, here is as good a place as any me thinks.

Mom: Could you blow Santa?
Me: Did you intentionally say it that way or are you just that stupid!? 0_0

The context of that statement is that we have a Christmas tree ornament of Santa holding a candle. Blowing on the candle either lights the tree or turns off the lights. She wanted me to turn off the lights but picked the absolute worst way to phrase it.

Well...... I just was thinking........ about...............2016...............My Body is NOT Ready.............for all the Pokemon HYPE. I mean really Pokemon GO, Pokken (must..have..NOW!), Possible a ACTUAL POKEMON GAME!, AND THE ANIME! SO MUCH HYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPE!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I don't work in retail anymore. I get time off over Christmas! I'm not back in work until Tuesday! Life is goooooooooooooooooooood :')

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I wish I could've given my friends better gifts; they all gave me stuff like $20+ gift cards and posters and stuff and I could only give them like... candy. I feel really bad and guilty x-x

On the bright side, my bestie gave me the coloring book I've wanted for a while so I'm gonna spend most of the time until New Year's working on that. I also have an envelope full of salt... I guess someone was salty I made him lose a card game the other day.

Tonight, my cousin brought her friend into my teencave wondering if they could use my PlayStation 4 to watch Netflix.

I asked them why they didn't want to watch it upstairs, since they never, ever come down here. My cousin's friend told me that my other cousin called her out on a minor, easily ignorable mistake sorts that she made, (keep in mind, my other cousin is a 15, almost 16-year old teenager that definitely knows better than to shittalk someone who's fresh into Middleschool) and he called her various names and tossed her various insults before storming off in a huff.

My cousin's friend was in tears over this, and my other cousin wouldn't suck it up and apologize to her, saying "It wasn't that much of a big deal that I said that. She'll get over it."

Is it morally right to want to slug him over this, even if it means I'll most likely be evicted from this household? :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So apparently I have a crush on my best friend. My aroace best friend who is repulsed by even such things happening to her (though she's an absolute sucker for romance stories and even enjoys seeing cute couples on campus).

I'm so conflicted by this revelation and it's keeping me up all night, as I can honestly say it's my first time having a crush on a girl, nevermind the girl who's been my closest friend for almost 10 years now. I don't want to tell her because I don't want to make our friendship awkward (which it definitely will be, especially if word gets out to the rest of our friend group), but at the same time a part of me wants her to know? Ughhhh crushes are terrible things.

Thing is like, we've often talked about getting a mansion for the group of us and though nobody else is really actually taking this seriously, bestie and I usually talk about life after college and she has brought up that she'd be willing to live in an apartment with me as roomies if she ever gets a job that can support her enough that she can live out of her house. I dunno, everything in my brain is a mess at the moment and it's 3:35am and I can't think straight anymore. Bluh.

Psycho Monkey

Only one more week remains. Yeesssssss... I can barely contain the excitement, the hype within me is unreal. I've not been this excited in a long time. Just one more week! >:D *rolls around on the floor squeeing like the lunatic he is*