• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

pokmon-i-guess-prof-oak-thinks-little-of-gary1.png

SAY BLUE AGAIN.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thinking back to last year, I was really unhappy with my co-workers and all the drama going on in this building. Now things are great, and it's my co-worker who gave me all the grief last year who seems to be in a bad way. I'm trying to feel sorry for her but can't bring myself to give enough of a damn.

Life experiences certainly do change you. I'm an understanding and typically empathetic person, but I have acquaintances who aren't always the nicest people. Sometimes when they're having a bad day I can't help but throw a big fat "karma!" in their face, because after all the bullying and unnecessary crap they've put others through - they derserve it.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Thinking back to last year, I was really unhappy with my co-workers and all the drama going on in this building. Now things are great, and it's my co-worker who gave me all the grief last year who seems to be in a bad way. I'm trying to feel sorry for her but can't bring myself to give enough of a damn.

Life experiences certainly do change you. I'm an understanding and typically empathetic person, but I have acquaintances who aren't always the nicest people. Sometimes when they're having a bad day I can't help but throw a big fat "karma!" in their face, because after all the bullying and unnecessary crap they've put others through - they derserve it.

I think through foolishness more then anything, I often find myself feeling sorry for people who've put me or others through a lot. I dunno why, I just do, maybe 'cause they're getting a taste (one way or the other), of what they've done to others and my hope is normally that they'll change. They never do, but hey, wrong not to hope sometimes I guess.

Life experiences will always change us, for better or worse. :p

Anyways, enjoyed my day of watching anime and now happily playing guitar... Tuner needs to learn to be good and not tell me my guitars in tune when it isn't though >:o

Heck yeah, just recieved my 3rd letter from universities across the UK and they are hosting their second resedential event and this time its at the coast and not on my birthday :D It was so fun last time and my best friend is on this university program aswell (apparantly its for gifted and talented people though I don't see what I'm talented in)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
07 Ghost has made me cry twice today already... So sad.

Also woke up at a stupid early time so it's hitting me hard now, glad it was my day off college xD

Apparently, a company called Norwegian has bought exactly 222 Boeing airplanes. That's a large investment to make in these times. |:

EDIT; AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

23qgpd.jpg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Soul said:
Apparently, a company called Norwegian has bought exactly 222 Boeing airplanes. That's a large investment to make in these times. |:

Exactly 222, eh? Sounds like a conspiracy. :o
And Jesp, I love these puppy images you keep linking to. ♥

As for my thoughts right now... Feeling crappy this afternoon. I was considering leaving work early today but it would've ended up being a bigger hassle than it was worth. Might take tomorrow off if I'm not feeling better.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
As for my thoughts right now... Feeling crappy this afternoon. I was considering leaving work early today but it would've ended up being a bigger hassle than it was worth. Might take tomorrow off if I'm not feeling better.

Get better Katichu. :(

Having salad and sandwiches for dinner again. Third time in the last six days and I'm slightly tired of it now. Normally it's only once or twice a week at the very most, three times is ugh... >>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hahahaha... Just started episode 13 of Steins;Gate. Shit just got real.

I started off completely unimpressed by this series. Now it's just so good. So glad I gave it a second chance. Haven't been disappointed since.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Despite having 12 hours of sleep I still want to nap at some point today.

Been really enjoying watching 07 Ghost on Crnchyroll, almost finished the series now though sadly.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Well, I had expressed my desire to go to one for awhile, and even if I've got a show to do later that day, my planned costume is not very well thought out, and I don't even know how I'm supposed to pay my way in, I'm finally going to a damn convention! And from the sound of it, a fairly well known one (Not sure if Ohayocon rings any bells to anyone). Probably gonna be an interesting first experience...for better or worse.

Had the house to myself last night, I felt really lonely at first then I realised all my parents rules can go out the window while they are gone so I just stayed up all night dancing, drinking and eating pizza :D It would have been better if friends were there but oh well :) Didn't end up going to bed until 5am and I woke up at 2:30pm good job its the weekend

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ugh. I've spent the last hour and a half or so looking for my PSP charge cable. Naturally I've managed to find a bunch stuff that I've been looking for, including a few video games I thought were lost to the void, but not the actual item I originally wanted. I can has PSP and all of my PSP games, but no charger. I hate my life.

On the plus side, I've managed to organise my room even more and it just keeps looking better. If I were to make myself a 2012 resolution, it would likely be to get my bedroom to the point when I'm completely satisfied with it. That means getting rid of these boxes that have sat around for ages, buying lots of bookshelves, and reorganizing my Pokemon collection/dvds/blu-rays/video games/books/graphic novels. It's amazing how much stuff I've accumulated in such a short time since moving here.

Been paying attention to the Charming Mafia boards. I wish I had signed up for it because I think I have an idea of who is what role. But I'm not allowed to say D: I think I'll be signing up for the 5th round if it happens :p

I've decided to keep an irregular diary. Just writing summaries of interesting stuff of the past few days. And the stress just flowed away |D

In other news

WHEN I WAS
943170473d1242401936t-when-i-i-wheniwas.jpeg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Demelza said:
Afternoon off, quite happy with it. I also picked up second volume of Death Note so I am happy. ♥

I rediscovered yesterday that I own the first volume of that series, but I've only read about 10 pages of it... XD

My Monday is feeling like a typical Monday really. There was some passive aggression going around the staffroom earlier that's making me frown, but eh. It's nothing new, it just gets my goat. Sometimes, I gotta say, if this particular co-worker wasn't such a likeable person (when she's not being a butt-head) I'd likely have hauled off and smacked her upside the head ages ago (figuratively speaking) for this passive aggressive crap.

Buuut since this is just a typical day at the workplace, I'm pretty content. It's 5 minutes to lunch and I'm debating whether I'll spend my break in the staffroom or stick around my computer lab instead. Maybe a bit of both.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Katie get reading it. >:D

Had to make an awfully hard choice today but it's for the better. Gonna sulk off and watch K-ON! while I get over it. xP

Monday has had its ups and downs today. First the bad things woke up at 5am so I've been shattered all day, gave myself food poisoning due to my fail cooking and me not noticing the eggs in the fridge are out of date, still went to college and listened to some religious woman complain about homosexuality so I got into a heated debate due to me being bisexual and the battery on my laptop died so my laptop is ruining on pure socket electricity now and replacement is about £130 (damn you Dell and your overpriced products).

However on the good side the game my mum ordered online for me yesterday has arrived, there might be a trip to either Disneyland Florida, New York or Los Angeles next year with college, finally moved onto a fun task at college and finally going to a party this friday :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
On the up side, I'm all better and I went to school. :D

On the down side... it's been so stressful for just today I just had a catharsis on the car ride home. So much to make up and so many tests to do that I wasn't even close to being prepared for. :<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, how we've waited...

The college is closing down at noon today due to bad weather. I might be an instructor now verses a student, but dang do I still love my snow days. :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Microsoft gave me 600 free XBL points for renewing my Gold subcription. Not bad; I wasn't expecting anything special in return.

I'm annoyed that I didn't sign up for this XBL Rewards program before I renewed my 12 month subscription tho. I've no idea how I didn't hear about the rewards program until today. I guess I only have myself to blame for ignoring XBL news. :x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Waitwhat? I just renewed my subscription today... have I missed some sort of rewards scheme? ;_______;

*shakes fist*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd check out the website to be sure. According to their Terms and Conditions page on the US website, it's available in the United Kingdom too:

1. The Program is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand, who are 18 years and older at the time of enrollment. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Microsoft Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and each of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
That is so cool Katie! XD

In other news, I randomly took a palm tree I found home with me yesterday. It's now sitting in the corner of my room. I named it Herbert :x

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Psycho Monkey said:
That is so cool Katie! XD

In other news, I randomly took a palm tree I found home with me yesterday. It's now sitting in the corner of my room. I named it Herbert :x

A palm tree, why? xD

Day off today and so grateful, was up until late last night.

Dem you have so many days off .-. I only have Wednesday off.

Anyway I'm the only one who has finished my work at college so now I get to create designs to be printed onto a T-shirt :D

Also the blog that I have to update for college (to show managerial skills :p) seems to be attracting a more global audience. Got viewers from Russia (they view my page more than my own country), the US, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Brazil. I'm slightly worried at how they are stumbling across my blog and I'm worried they might post spam in the future which would lower my grade ._. But overall I'm a bit shocked more than anything