• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The World School of the Elite (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

The World School was a decent sized Island, with Plains in the Northeast, Jungle in the northwest, Sand in the Southeast, and Caves and other Rocky areas in the South west. In the center of the Island lies a Mountain, at the base of the Mountain, a large school building sat, inside the school Building, a young, black haired man had been preparing for an event, with the Help of a Metagross, a Blaziken, a Pawmo and an Espartha. The Pokémon in Question were running around the school to prepare for the event.

"Mr. Argentston, is everything ready."

"Yes, Headmaster." The young man responded, "Chuck, Asimov, Charge and Limu are in their places."

"Good, Mr. Argentston, are your siblings around?"

"Lana is in the water, training with her Dragalge, James is preparing for the Adoption Event hosted by our Mom, and Emma is on the Mountain, not sure what she's doing."

@GLITCHSKULL @Draco Nightshade (Have Your Characters arrive at the Island and find either Chuck the Blaziken, Asimov the Metagross, Charge the Pawmo or Limu the Espartha)

The Top of School Mountain, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

A young, silver haired Female had been going up the mountainside after her Hatterene had received some sort of Psychic message. As she approached the Mountain top, a hand was on a Fast Ball, ready to release the Pokémon contained inside. A CLANG was made by something coming out of a cave at the top of the mountain. As The girl looked on, something silver walked out, or rather a Pokémon. A large silver Pokémon with four legs and a Gold X on its face, it's claws on its feet were gold as well, it's red eyes staring down the girl.

"The King of Machinations," The girl whispered, "This is not going to be Easy, The Keeper, Show the world your abilities!"

A purple bodied, Golden winged, very large moth like Pokémon appeared in front of the girl. The King of Machinations gave a Roar that was heard throughout the Island.

The Shiny Metagross then went for an Attack that was wide reaching, as a Black wild swing went around it.

"Hurricane!"

The Keeper whipped up a ton of wind to meet the wild swing. As the two attacks met, they countered each other.

"Quiver Dance!"

The Volcarona suddenly spun around with Green spinning around, as red sparkles appeared around him.

The King of Machinations threw a blade of Psychic Energy at The Keeper.

"Use Psychic to dispel."

The Sun Pokémon's eyes glowed Blue, as the Blade fell apart, literally. The Metagross was quite surprised at what happened. They then started to flip out, smashing the ground in front of it. The Volcarona was not sure what hit him.

"Fiery Dance."

Volcarona spun around, releasing fire to hit The Metagross. As The King of Machinations got hit, it then slammed its arm into the Opposing Volcarona. The Keeper was not amused, but it hurt. The Steel and Psychic Type then went to Slam its arm into The Bug and Fire Type, however when the attack landed, it hit with stars.

"Bug Buzz!"

The Metagross suddenly Roared out in pain due to the sound based attack. Emma's Hatterene popped out of her Pokéball. As Emma looked around her bag, she found a Heavy Ball. The Metagross spoke Telepathically

"I'm impressed with how you trained your Pokémon, I'll look to you for advice about my own abilities."

The King of Machinations tapped the Heavy Ball as it opened up, sucking the Steel And Psychic Type in. Emma looked at her hand, the ball shaking a few times before an audible 'click' and 'ping' was heard.

"I'll use your power in a situation of last resort, King of Machinations."

Emma then shrunk the pokeball, and put it on her belt. As she returned The Keeper and her Hatterene, she started working her way down the mountain. As Emma went down the mountain, she realized it was Orientation Day for the new Students. She then hurried down the mountain. When she went down the mountain, she immediately rushed to a Pokémon Center. When she got there, she saw Nurse Joy standing there, ready to heal.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Center Dorm branch on School Island, how can I help you?"

"Can you heal these two Pokémon, the one in the Heavy Ball is a Doozy."

She handed over a Fast Ball and Heavy Ball as Nurse Joy put them on the table. She then looked shocked when the Heavy Ball was revealed to have a Shiny Metagross in it.

"I'm going to let the Headmaster know that someone actually managed to catch The King of Machinations."

Emma was surprised that Nurse Joy knew about the Metagross she just caught. As such, she was nervous.

The Docks, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

As a young girl, maybe fourteen, unboarded from the boat, a young man was preparing signs about an Adoption event. One of the young girl's Pokéball's opened, revealing a yellow Lucario. The Lucario looked around from The girl's side. The young man turned his head to see the girl and her Lucario. He blushed immensely at the sight of the girl.

"C-cute!" The young man thought.

"Adorable!" The Girl thought.

The girl looked back at the guy, who then looked back at his stuff he was preparing. She had the slightest tinge to her face. As she walked with her Lucario, an announcement was made.

"Welcome to The World School of the Elite, and we have an important announcement to make, The Territorial King of Machinations has been caught by a Sophomore. Be careful at the top of the mountain, there are very powerful Pokémon most likely vying for that cave as a new home, so please stay off the top of the mountain."

The girl was surprised, she had heard of a Territorial Pokémon by that title on the boat here, and to find out it had been caught. As she walked towards the building, she saw plenty of Pokémon, from the young man's Mienshao putting on a dancing show, to other random student's Pokémon. Eventually she saw a Random Espartha approach her. The Espartha had a name tag that read 'Limu'. The Espartha pointed its wing towards the building.

"An Espartha?" The girl whispered, "Wait, that name tag said Limu, am I supposed to follow you?"

The Espartha nodded and started running towards the school. The girl followed the Espartha.

Meanwhile, a Blaziken with a name tag that said 'Chuck' was walking around the dock looking for new Students. Similarly, a regular Metagross with a name tag that said 'Asimov' was doing the same thing alongside a Pawmo with a name tag that read 'Charge'.

The Docks

"Finally!" Sarah Stone had just arrived at the docks of the World School, her Kangaskhan, Cleo, agreeing with her. It was a long way from Kanto after all. "How's the egg doing Cleo?"
Reaching into her pouch, Cleo gently grabbed the mystery egg from within before lifting it out. "Still not ready, huh?"
Cleo sighed as she placed the egg back in to her pouch, slowly shaking her head left and right to confirm. Sarah sighed. "Well, it's not something that can be rushed. Don't worry girl, knowing Uncle Steven, he wouldn't give us a dud." Sarah placed a comforting hand on the Normal type's arm. "Come on, let's go see where we're headed."
With a nod, the duo continued on the path, looking around at the unusual scenery. As they did, a Blaziken walked over to them, gesturing for them to follow. Looking closer, Sarah noticed the name tag that read 'Chuck'. "Are you here to guide us?"
With an affirmative nod, the Fire/Fighting type turned and led Sarah and Cleo to the school.

Felix Winchester, World School Docks

He had finally arrived. While his brother was still in Uva Academy in Paldea, Felix, the smarter one of the two, was arriving at one of the most prestigious schools in the world. He was excited.

A Pokemon, a Metagross nonetheless, greeted them.

"Wow, a Metagross! Will you be guiding us today?"

The Metagross made a noise, as if it were agreeing. It had a name tag: Asimov.

"Let's go then!"

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward Camphier, World School Docks

As Edward arrived at the docks, he took his beret off and felt the breeze of the Oceanside, who knew that a famous Video star would be at one of the most prestigious schools in the world. He put his beret back on and looked around before noticing a. Small Pokémon whom he had never seen before.

As he looked at it, he noticed a name tag with the name “charge”. “Hmm. Are you to guide me to where I am to go little one?” Edward asked as the Pawmo nodded and Edward smiled, bringing out a luxury ball and opening it, having his partner Pokémon, Lancelot the Gallade, appear. “

Well then my friend, shall we be off?” Edward spoke to Lancelot, and Lancelot nodded back as the two followed the Pawmo to the school.

World School Entrance

Felix had followed Asimov to the school entrance, where a student waited. One he had remembered from his acceptance letter. Could it really be...

"Jason Argentson?"

The World School of the Elite School Building, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

As people and Pokémon were walking around, Jason Argentston, the Tour Guide for the new Students, had been waiting, a Shiny Aegislash floating nearby. He saw his Pokémon start returning to his location, from Asimov first, followed by Limu.

"I'm him, be ready, when I get the rest of the new Students to this location, we'll start the tour."

The girl with Limu and her Lucario looked at the young man a bit apprehensively. Roland kept his eye on the young man, not too sure about the Aegislash. As Limu and stood next to Jason, Roland looked around the area.

"Limu, Asimov, go out and round up more of them, make sure we've got everyone."

The two Pokémon headed out to find more students as Jason prepared for a Full introduction.

"I am Jason Argentston, The School's current Strongest Battler, I am a senior here, and have a brother and sister here in the senior class, and one sister in the Sophomore class. There have been rumors about a Territorial Pokémon being caught, please keep them to a down Low, and whoever is this Sophomore who caught the Territorial King of Machinations, they are not to be messed with. The King of Machinations is a Pokémon that even I don't want to mess with."

As such, a Silver haired girl wandered up, holding a Heavy Ball. As such, she had put the ball on a chain around her neck, making sure this Pokéball doesn't open unless necessary. She looked to see new Students.

"I am Emma Argentston, Sophomore, I was in the area after some morning training." The girl responded.

@GLITCHSKULL @LittleLion @MarcelGalliard790 @Draco Nightshade (all should be arriving to the front of the school).

The Western Sea Front, World School Island, off the coast of Alola.

A long, braided black haired girl had been sitting on top of a Salamence. With a sea Dragon like Pokémon facing parallel to a Frillish, a pink Frillish. The Frillish was utterly confused at what the Dragalge was doing. The Dragalge was raising the water level and riding the water as the Frillish looked on. The Frillish then concentrated, trying to cause the water level to rise. The water level sank rather than rose. It then started swirling around the area that Frillish was concentrating on.

"That was Whirlpool!" The girl was surprised, as she suddenly screamed in pain. Seaweed and the Salamence were both on high alert. The Frillish looked at the girl and saw her ankle a bit swollen.

"Fril! Frillish!"

The girl then looked down to see her ankle.

"Thank you Frillish, we'll have to relocate to finish your tutoring." The girl pulled out five different kinds of Pokéballs.

A Luxury Ball, a Lure Ball, a Net Ball, an Ultra ball, and a Fast Ball were all pulled out. Frillish approached the Fast Ball and bumped her head on the button, and it critical caught.

"Seaweed, return!"

As She put Frillish's and Seaweed's Pokéballs back on her belt, Salamence headed towards the Dorm Building.

The Docks

Finch stretched and yawned, having taken a nap on the way to the school. He looked around and his eyes widened at seeing Limu the Espartha approach him. Having lived in Hoenn most of his life, he was amazed and curious. He read the nametag.

"Limu? Well, nice to meet you. Guess I'm supposed to follow you?"

The Espartha nodded and started running off towards the building.

Finch adjusted his worn brown satchel and opened it. Cinna the Torchic, who had also been sleeping, woke up with an annoyed chirp. Finch picked him up out of the bag and carried him as he followed Limu towards the front of the looming building.

The World School of the Elite School Building

Having followed the Blaziken to the entrance, Sarah Stone noticed the other students, as well as their senior greeting them. Still, she couldn't help but feel like she and Cleo were being watched as they walked over. Once they joined the group, Chuck nodded to his trainer and went back to the docks to round up any stragglers.
"This is an interesting lineup." Cleo nodded in agreement as they observed everyone that had arrived so far. "What do you think Cleo, will you and the boys get along with everyone else?"
The Kangaskhan held her chin in thought before giving an affirmative Kang! And nodding to her trainer. She couldn't wait to see Tora's and Diablo's reactions when they were eventually let out.

MarcelGalliard790

As he arrived to the school, Edward was stunned as he looked at it. He heard the speech of Jason Argentson. That was the individual whom sent the acceptance letter. “That’s him Lancelot. That’s Jason.” Edward spoke as he heard them talk about a King of Machinations they needed to be cautious about.

Edward then noted some of the other people. One of whom had a Kanghaskhan. “Wow. Makes me wonder how Zadra and the others would react to the others here.” Edward spoke under his breath as he looked around. He wanted to try and strike up a conversation, but decided against it since he got distracted by the Pawmo leaving to go get more stragglers.

School Entrance

Finch arrived just in time to hear most of Jason's introduction and warning as well as Emma's. The Espartha went back to guide more people. Finch glanced at the other trainers nearby, smiling a bit when he saw Lancelot and looking a little confused when he saw Cleo. He spoke to the warm little Torchic in his arms.

"Never seen that Pokemon before... But Dorian's gonna be happy to meet another Gallade. Azira... not so much."

Finch chuckled a little while Cinna chirped in agreement.

The World School of the Elite, School Building, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

As Emma looked at the group, she saw various Pokémon including a Torchic, a Gallade, a Kangaskahn, and a Shiny Lucario. Emma would let one of her Pokémon out, but none of them would appreciate a large crowd, or were too aggressive.

"Hold on, you look familiar." Emma called out to Edward, "I'd have to ask my sister to confirm."

Multiple of Emma's Pokéballs shook as Emma looked through the crowd. All of a sudden, a Roar sounded over the area. The Heavy Ball on Emma's neck started shaking as the Roar got louder. As Emma looked up, a Salamence flew over, landing nearby, roaring worriedly. Emma then looked at the Pokéball around her neck.

"Oh shi-!"

The Heavy Ball opened, revealing a Very Pissed off looking Shiny Metagross. Emma returned the Metagross, and whispered to the ball.

"Not now, that Pokémon was actually friendly."

A girl with Long, braided black hair got off, got down and then immediately tried to walk, not getting far before she had to hold in her pain. All of sudden, two Pokéballs opened, revealing a oddly bright Blaziken, and a black Greninja. The two supported her as she walked, she grabbed Salamence's Pokéball, and returned him as well.

"Fūma, Hanzo, thanks." The girl responded, "I'm looking over the new Students as Student Council President. It seems we've got a few-!"

The girl had a shocked Face when she looked over Edward. Emma was giggling Loudly as Jason guffawed. Fūma and Hanzo both were surprised at the Gallade and his trainer.

"I thought we told you that PR Video star Edward Camphier had been Enrolled at the school. You may not have remembered."

The girl was still quite surprised at Edward.

"She watches your videos a lot, Edward." Jason responded, "Student Council President Lana Argentston is currently here because my family is hosting an adoption event, since my mom bred some too many Pokémon. James will let you know what Pokémon are available when we get back to the Docks on the tour."

@MarcelGalliard790 @LittleLion @Draco Nightshade @GLITCHSKULL

World School Building

Hearing about the adoption event (even though he had Lycanroc), Felix approached the Argentsons.

"What's this about an Adoption Event?" he asked, expecting a response

MarcelGalliard790

Edward was surprised about how one of the people behind the adoption event had seen some of his videos. He was honored that people all the way out here had seen his videos. “Thank you. Please, it isn’t much to write home about.” Edward spoke quietly but humbly. He was very soft spoken as he looked at Jason and Lana. “Yes. I am a star.” Edward smiled and looked at them. But he knew he let out the fact of his stardom for everyone to know.

School Entrance, World School of the Elite, World School Island, Alola.

As Edward explained his stardom, albeit rather humbly. Jason had one thing to say.

"I'm surprised you haven't been flooded by Paparazzi, due to your viral status, since we get flooded outside of school. Do any of you have any connections to The Hoenn Region? If so, you might know about our family."

Emma had been watching the group, and was a bit blushy as Lana looked to Emma with a smirk on her face. Jason then heard Felix's Question.

"The tour will start at the Docks, we can talk to James about the Adoption Event, he's the one running the event. The rundown is that there are Pokémon that need homes, in our case, about one-third of the Pokémon that our mom produces are Torchic, meaning our mom has probably bred enough Torchics to go around the school. Most of the Torchics our Mom breeds go to the Hoenn League to help Professor Birch. Our Mom has bred enough Torchics to somehow acquire seventeen Shinies of them, fourteen went out to aspiring trainers and Shiny researchers, two that have their hidden Ability were given to either fighting or fire type gym leaders, and the last, is Fūma, Lana's Blaziken. Our Mom has bred a total of forty-one Shiny Pokémon by complete luck across around twenty-two Evolutionary lines. Last time I saw the list, only one Pokémon on it was Shiny, but she was taken off due to being difficult to handle for most trainers, oddly enough, that Pokémon was a Delibird with the Temperament of a Gengar. James will explain more about the Pokémon. We should get moving."

Lana nodded to Jason's Words as her, Hanzo and Fūma headed off in the other direction. Genevieve had been listening to what Jason and Lana had to say. PR Video star Edward Camphier!? Is here in the School!? As a Kalosian, she'd recognized Edward from the last year or so due to his sudden stardom. As such, she kept an eye on this group with the Help of Roland. Maybe she might find a new team member at the Adoption Event, or that cute boy she saw earlier with the Dancing Mienshao.

@Draco Nightshade @MarcelGalliard790 @LittleLion @GLITCHSKULL

(If you can answer Jason's question then started moving towards the Docks and James).

School Entrance, World School of the Elite, World School Island, Alola.

Sarah Stone shrugged before answering in a matter-of-fact tone. "I'm actually from Kanto, but my dad's family is in Hoenn. Steven Stone just so happens to be my uncle."
Cleo was just about to remove the egg from her pouch again when Sarah stopped her. "No need to show them, okay?" She then turned back to Jason. "Are there any other Pokemon besides Torchics in this event?"

@Cmeriwether

Finch nodded at the question. "Lived in Hoenn most of my life. Professor Birch has mentioned you guys before, I think. My father is also a Pokemon Breeder, he usually helps out with Treeko, but he occasionally has Torchics, which is how I got this little guy." Cinna chirped happily and watched as the shiny Blaziken walked off.

"You're uncle is Steven Stone?" Finch said in a bit of admiration as he heard Sarah.

Sighing, Sarah turned to Finch. "Yeah, he's my uncle. But seeing as he and Grandpa are often quite busy in Hoenn, I don't get to see them very often. Cleo and I still don't know what's going to hatch from the egg he gave us."

MarcelGalliard790

Edward laughed a little bit at the comment about being swarmed by paparazzi. “Oh no I most certainly have been swarmed. Just not while down here. Yet. I hope I don’t at the very least.” Edward spoke a bit hesitant realizing that is was a real possibility he could get swarmed in Alola. But he laughed it off as he heard the others speak about having connections to the Hoenn Region.

“I’ve always dreamed about going there. It seems like a lovely region.” Edward spoke as he looked at the others before then looking at Emma and waving a slight bit at her in a friendly way.
(@Cmeriwether @Draco Nightshade @LittleLion )

"Getting a fossil from him isn't that surprising, but an egg certainly is odd." Finch, similar to a lot of Hoenn residents, knew what Steven Stone was like and an egg was unusual.

He turned his attention to Edward, smiling a bit. "It really is. If you ever visit, you should compete in a Pokemon contest, but I don't think you'd want more paparazzi on your tail."

World School Building

"Torchics, huh? Could help round out the team..."

Felix had another burning question. One which had interested him for a while.

"What is this rumour about a blue Sceptile?"

"Yeah, my family and I like to joke that Uncle Steven has a head full of rocks." Sarah chuckled a bit before continuing. "Have you seen Grandpa Devon's office in the Devon Corps building? He has an entire collection of stones and the like that were collected by Uncle Steven."
Just as she finished talking, Tora burst out of his PokeBall, the Primal Persian having grown tired of waiting to come out. "Tora! I thought I told you to wait till I gave you permission!"
The large saber toothed feline snorted at Sarah's protest, just happy to be outside. He then noticed the other people and some of their Pokemon. "No, Tora. Not right now." Sarah began petting the Rock/Fighting type in an attempt to calm him. "Sorry, Tora doesn't like to stay in his PokeBall."
Meanwhile, Cleo facepalmed at Tora's audacity. If anything, he was lucky that Sarah was his trainer and not someone that was less than agreeable.

School Entrance, World School of The Elite, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola.

"James will be able to answer any questions about the Pokémon up for Adoption when we get to the Docks. Outside of the Torchics and the Delibird that was removed, I don't know much about the event. You said your Uncle was Steven Stone, interesting, our Dad replaced Pyramid King Brandon in the Hoenn Battle Frontier when he retired. For us, Hoenn is our home. Let's get going."

As Jason called out to everyone to head towards the Docks, Felix piped up with an odd Question.

"I've been investigating these Shiny Pokémon around here, I've heard rumors of a Sceptile like that alongside a brightly colored Tropius, and a grey Ninetales. Students have actually seen the Ninetales, but the others may be fruitless. Out the Eight Shinies reported on the island, only one was caught so far, I managed to catch that one. I've managed to get estimated locations on each of the ones that have been rumored to be seen."

Emma pulled out a notebook with her rumored spots in it. She looked through it and found where the Sceptile that Felix heard about.

"From my last update of these notes, the Sceptile in Question was seen in the jungle in the Northeast."

Emma saw Edward give a friendly wave. She waved back as she closed her notebook. Jason then made a call.

"Everyone, last call for the tour! We're moving now!"

Jason then motioned for Everyone to follow. Genevieve called Roland back over to follow, as she thought about what Pokémon could possibly be at the Adoption Event.

(@Draco Nightshade @MarcelGalliard790 @LittleLion @GLITCHSKULL We're starting the tour!)

Sarah sighed at the large feline that refused to go back into his PokeBall and relented. "Oh, fine! But you better behave yourself." Feeling better now, Tora nodded as he followed Sarah and Cleo along with the rest of the newcomers to where James was currently at. "This is going to be one interesting year."

MarcelGalliard790

Edward nodded and looked to Lancelot. “Come on Buddy. We’ve got a tour to go and see.” Edward smiled and Lancelot nodded. Edward walked with them, but moved and joined Emma by her side. “Hey.” Edward smiled and did a small wave to Emma as he walked with her. “So, what’s your name?” Edward decided to start small with some discussion between the two of them.

(Short post but a post regardless @Cmeriwether )

Finch walked alongside the rest of the group, Cinna demanding to be let down to walk as well, and Finch obliged. The Torchic was clearly curious about Cleo and Tora, as well as Lancelot, but mostly the Pokemon he's never seen before.

"A brightly colored Tropius? Well, I do need a grass type on the team... Another Shiny would be cool." Finch was mostly talking to himself, before he smiled at Felix. "Torchics are great Pokemon. Though, I may be biased..."

Sarah turned towards Finch. "Hey, everyone's got favorites. The worst you can do is show favoritism to any single member of your team."
Both Cleo and Tora nodded in agreement at their trainer's words before she continued. "I'm Sarah Stone by the way. I don't think I caught your name."
@LittleLion

IThe Docks, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola

As Emma walked down towards the Docks where James was setting up the adoption event, Edward approached her, giving her a smile and small wave. Emma blushed a bit, as she looked at him.

"Emma Argentston, my dad's a Frontier Brain back in Hoenn, my mom breeds Torchics for starting trainers for Professor Birch. You must be Edward Camphier."

Emma's thoughts were as follows.

"He's so cute!!"

Emma got a text from James about the Adoption Event. She would forward that to Jason so that he would be able to announce the event details when they arrived at the Docks. As Emma looked over to see him and his Gallade, she was blushing a bit as she looked him over. Jason had been looking at the two, with a bit of a smirk. As Genevieve had been looking around the Docks, she saw the boy from earlier with the Dancing Mienshao. The Mienshao had stopped and was standing next to the boy.

"Alright, James, Take it away!" Jason called out.

"A-alright, I-I am J-James Argentston, W-welcome to the A-adoption event, t-there are the F-following Pokémon for Adoption."

The boy pulled out a list, and looked it over.

"Seven Torchics with Speed Boost, All seven know Counter as well. Two Smeargles, two Axew, Two Jangmo-o, a Larvitar, a Larvesta, a Paldean Wooper, Two Sprigatitos with Protean, and one Absol. If any were to consider the Absol, you may be in for a bit of a Shock."

As James opened the door, a Normal Lucario had been standing there, making sure everything was Ready. There were Pokémon running around, Torchics playing in one area of the field, a couple of Sprigatitos in another, a Larvesta, a Larvitar, a Paldean Wooper, an Axew running towards the group, a Jangmo-o in the corner, an Axew and Jangmo-o together, playing. However there was something huge in the back, sitting, watching. James looked down at the Axew that approached the group and The Enforcer watched how this Axew would act.

@MarcelGalliard790 @LittleLion @Draco Nightshade @GLITCHSKULL @The Heart of Frostfire. (Have Your Character arrive at the Docks and encounter the group.)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
User: Adolphian Volkov. Location: Academy Docks, Alolan Coast. Vital signs: Optimal.

While Adolphian had only recently arrived at the academy and barely had a chance to get his bearings, his holotech started beeping. Checking the notification, it seemed as though he had received a message from a person he hadn't met regarding some kind of adoption event. While he wasn't the kind of person to attend social gatherings, he felt as though getting another Pokemon on the team could not only increase his effectiveness, but give a lucky Pokemon a nice home. He wasn't far from the docks, and donning his visor and setting opacity to 50%, he headed off.

By the time he arrived, James was just listing off the Pokemon. He stayed a distance away from the group, reading information regarding Pokemon on the holographic interface in front of him. "I'll take de Absol... A dark type help add balance to team." He spoke simply, his voice having a clear Russian accent, with a slight hint of German. Fortunately, his English was clear, even if a bit broken. It was clear English wasn't his native language.

A flash came from within his black labcoat and his Ninetales appeared out of her own volition, nuzzling against her trainer's leg. Perhaps she sensed he was nervous, which was expected! He was new to this school, and the environment was extremely different to what he was used to. Her attempts to calmed him seemed to work, at least, as he moved a bit closer to the group and closed his interface, looking intently at Pokemon, a few he'd never seen before. His eyes, though partially obscured by the translucent black eyewear covering his eyes, seemed to glimmer an purplish colour.

"True. I'm Finch Cedar. That's Cinna," Finch gestured to the Torchic, "and I guess you'll meet the rest of my team soon when we get to the Adoption event, if I end up with a new Pokemon. They always want to meet new members of the team immediately." Finch explained and picked up a protesting Cinna before he could run off to join the other Torchics. "No, you look exactly like them all and I won't be able to find you."

Finch situated the reluctant Torchic in his bag when a large Luxray escaped its pokeball, standing protectively around him. Finch sighed and looked mildly annoyed and amused. "And this is Azira."

Seeing as Finch introduced some of his Pokemon, Sarah decided to introduce hers as well. "Well, my Kangaskhan is Cleo and this right here is Tora. His evolution was a bit of a fluke." As they walked she continued. "I also have a rather unique Charizard, but I'll let him out later. And of course there's the egg Cleo's carrying in her pouch."
@LittleLion
Once they arrived back at the docks where the event was taking place, Sarah looked over the various Pokemon doing their own thing before spying the lone Jangmo-o off in the corner. "I think I just found our newest member."
@Cmeriwether

Last edited:
Finch observed the other pokemon before he spotted the Larvitar. "A Tyranitar would be cool to have on the team one day... Whaddya say, Azira?"

The Luxray's tail twitched and she huffed in some approximation of disinterest and annoyance. Azira was still protectively by his side, but never stopped being aloof. Finch rolled his eyes in response. "Alright, alright. I'll ask Dorian and the others later then."

That comment only made Azira more annoyed, earning Finch a few small shocks of static electricity when he reached out to pet her. He did nothing but sigh, amused and relatively unaffected, used to this by now.

Nathaniel "Newt" Hotch
interactions: Adolphian Volkov

Newt slides into the back of the tour like a student slipping their late homework into teacher's office--that is to say with a heroic effort in stealth and normalcy because he's not really late if he doesn't acknowledge it. Given that Staravia is quiet and sleepily nestled onto his shoulder and that everyone in the small group has both a considerable advantage in fame and height, he's hopeful of success!

Of course, with the Pokémon being introduced and put up for adoption, Newt's pretty sure he's not going to get called out either way.

Wow, he thinks, I'm pretty sure all of their teams are worth more than my inheritance.

Like, multiple rare, fully evolved Pokémon and shinies? Either their parents are pulling out the black cards or the students here spend less time in school than he does. Which, you know what, given that they're trainers, that would make sense.

More sense than randomly giving out all these nice Pokémon. Which, he knows the people around here have a lot of money, but still. Handing out starters and dragon-types and all those famous 'mons? That's got to take a lot. There's even an Absol, and obviously, obviously, it's the first to be claimed, by the guy in full black no less.

"You're not worried about its temper?" Newt asks, a little curious.

Is this guy talented enough to make it work, or does he just think he's that talented? Newt would put his money on it being fifty-fifty, given what school he's going to. It's in the name after all, World School of the Elite.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As a stranger questioned him, the scientist turned towards him, his visor briefly gleaming. He tilted his head quizzically, as if trying to work out just what he said. His Ninetales slowly approached Newt, growling at him. That was, until Adolphian held a hand out. Her hostilities ceased and she slunk back to his side, still warily eyeing the stranger.

"Not worry about her, she not good with stranger. I not fear Pokemon, work with them whole life. Kitsi here been with me since she was mere kit. I have confidence in ability to handle pokemon. Was job back in Nanocorp, after all." He spoke softly, the glimmer in his eyes fading a bit. "I not have experience as trainer, but am good with Pokemon. Believe all Pokemon deserve a companion to give them loving home." He gave a gentle smile, before his visage faded back to near emotionless.

He held out his hand in a polite gesture, making sure to use his left, non-gloved hand. "Adolphian Volkov, Administrator of Nanocorp Industries. Who you?" He questioned. He may have been seen as the shy, silent type, but looks could be deceiving. And if his Ninetales was so protective over him, he couldn't be that bad, right? While his eyes were partially hidden behind the translucent black eyewear covering them, it was clear his gaze was cold and analytical, but with a hint of intrigue. "I not expect anyone would pay me much mind. Everyone else here, seasoned trainer, most likely. I still new to this."

MarcelGalliard790

Edward smiled as he looked at Emma. “Yep, I’m Edward Camphier. Son of Alexa and James Camphier. And an up and coming PR Video star.” Edward introduced himself with a soft smile. Before hearing about the adoption event he had one thought going through his brain. ‘Emma is so cute.’

Then once the adoption event began, he noticed how a Jangmo-o and an Absol were already taken, he looked around and caught the eyes of one small Pokémon. A larvesta. He went down and picked up the small Pokémon. “Hello there little one, you’ll be joining my ranks. I’m going to name you….how about, Atlas.” Edward smiled and the larvesta actually liked the name of Atlas.
(@Cmeriwether )

Nathaniel "Newt" Hotch

The Ninetails growls, and Newt barely has time to give the future its due apprehension before his Staravia stiffens, feathers puffed as it attempts to assert dominance over the much larger Pokémon with sharp screeches. The other holds out a hand, and his Pokémon retreats, leaving the bird to stare back at the Ninetails with only the occasional warning chirp. Newt lets it, knowing that the posturing will stop once it's assured of its safety.

In the meantime, he takes the other student's hand and shakes it. It turns out that the guy's a leftie! Which, that's okay, even if Newt isn't.

"Nice to meet you, Adolphian," he says. "You can call me Newt. And, yeah, you do seem very good with Pokémon."

And he actually does. Newt's not just complimenting the guy because he's somehow managing a company in his school years, even if that's absolutely something he would do. Adolphian's declaration about caring for Pokémon outside of training reminds him of that one guy--N?--who showed up on worldwide news for loving Pokémon, only with less naivety and significantly less evil teams wanting to take over the world.

Then Adolphian mentions that he's a newbie trainer, and Newt freezes, just a little. Please, he knows he's behind here, but isn't the universe laying it a bit thick? This guy's way too humble! He's working for a mega corporation, has a fully-evolved Pokémon, and what Newt bets are several more hidden inside of that coat. Meanwhile, all Newt has to show for eighteen years is a second-evolution 'mon and some lackluster grades.

But it's okay, he thaws quickly, even if it's because he's sobbing on the inside. With his brain rebooting, Newt, inspired by his previous comparison, remarks, "It's kinda surprising that you'd want to be a trainer."

He only realizes that it may have been comprehended as an insult when the other looks at him, eyes cold and face blank of its previous pleasantness.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Docks, World School Island, Off the Coast of Alola

"Hey there little fella." Sarah slowly approached the lone Jangmo-o in the corner, her own Pokemon staying back to give them space. Meanwhile, the Jangmo-o attempted to Headbutt Sarah's outstretched hand which was promptly retracted with a laugh. "You got some fight in you don't ya? You little rebel."
Trying again, Sarah once more reached out to the Dragon type, this time making contact with with her head. While tense at first, the Jangmo-o decided it liked its head being rubbed and pushed her cranium into Sarah's hand for more. "You see? I won't hurt ya." Coming closer to the Jangmo-o, Sarah managed to pick up and carry her back to Cleo and Tora. "I think I'll call you, Jewel."

Last edited:
Finch approached the Larvitar carefully, extending a hand out to the Pokemon who seemed quite ready to attack. Azira had stayed behind a little, acting aloof as always, sitting down and licking a paw. But she was watching carefully. Finch simply smiled and reached into his pocket, pulling out a small rough gray stone, offering it to the green Pokemon. The Larvitar was wary, but he eventually took the stone and ate it, a lot friendlier now.

"Well, Scoresby isn't going to be happy that I gave you his iron ore snack, but I'm glad you warmed up to me. Think I'll call you..." Finch patted the small pokemon on the head and brightened. "Lock. Short for Sherlock. We have a bit of a theme in our team. You'll meet them soon enough, little guy."

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolphian Volkov. Location: Academy Docks. Currently communicating with @ClashingDreams' Newt.

As the Fletchinder decided to retaliate against her, the Ninetales simply smirked. Well, smirked as good as a canine could, anyways, she at least gave a sort of smug look. Looking at the bird, she began to speak in Pokespeak. "You're rather determined, I'll give you that. I'm much larger than you, and you're willing to defend your trainer even still. You have potential, young one." While the trainers couldn't understand her, now that she was calm, she was as beautiful as the Ninetales spoken of legend, and seemed to carry an aura of regality. Her trainer must have taken care of her well.

Adolphian, meanwhile, seemed to have a firm grip, even if his left hand wasn't his dominant as Newt thought it was. "I may good with Pokemon, but is no reason to deny skills with training. I was doctor, and so pokemon skills are needed in line of work. I'm no good with battles, though." His emotionless visage wavered again as he smiled, patting the Ninetales next to her. "I know what thinking. How can I, higher up in big company, not be strong trainer? My pokemon are in care because I rescued them. With exception of Kitsi, they were found injured, and I brought them with me. They nursed back to health, and the three with were those who stuck around."

As he spoke about his Pokemon and his story with them, his emotionless visage almost completely vanished, replaced with a kind, caring sort of attitude. "I understand why you claim it surprising. Not worry, I not offended. In fact, Nanocorp was also surprised when wanted to pursue a more active career with Pokemon. My father, who got me into company in first place, helped get my application accepted, otherwise I not be here." He smiled again, his eyes sparkling. "I actually got inspired by my mother, Katyusha Volkov. Perhaps you heard of her? She once very known Ranger back in day. May ask why you became trainer?" Who thought that such an otherwise cold, almost robotic trainer would be so talkative? His personality did a complete 360. It was then his Gothitelle decided to show herself, floating around Newt.

"You... Strike me as odd... You don't seem anything like the others here..." She spoke simply, her voice ringing through Newt's head. Typical of a psychic type to have telepathy, and her voice was a bit shy. However, she was curious enough to investigate the stranger, it wasn't every day her trainer met someone new.

Nathaniel "Newt" Hotch

Newt's Staravia flutters down to his side, leaving him to confusedly hold his arm out for the bird to perch on before it turns to face the Ninetails, their eyes level. "Guess they're getting along now," he says, amused.

"Don't call me that," his Starvia says, feisty in the face of the other's poise. "I'm fourteen and older than you, I just don't see the need to evolve." Though Newt can't understand his Starvia, he corroborates its tale with his own, with a few extra details that send the bird into a fit.

"I guess we got our Pokémon similarly then," he says, ignoring the beak tugging at his sleeves. "I'm pretty sure mine fell out of its nest with its sibling when they were still hatchlings because we found them in the ground. My family adopted them, and they've been living with us ever since."

Staravia lets out a furious warble, and Newt laughs. Relax, his parents have done worse like insulting his work ethic in front of his baby cousins. He was trying really hard to look good in front of them too! Besides, he realizes now that Adolphian is chill.

Even if the other is mentioning his mom, dad, and what Newt's pretty sure is a blatant case of admissions favoritism, but he ignores the latter, nods at the former, and says, "I think my sister was inspired by her training philosophy."

Then, the other asks what he was inspired by, and Newt flounders. "I guess, for me, I liked the Championships?" he sputters. And, wow, that's really basic, but he doesn't know what else to say! He's not really into being a trainer; he's just, going with the flow. Amid the deluge of thoughts in his head, another chimes in, calling me odd.

Well, yeah, Newt thinks, I'm a scholarship student. I mean, not really, cause I guess my sister's got money now, and that's why I got in, but still: born poor, raised poor, think poor!

Then, he realizes that the voice wasn't his own and pauses--oh no, someone heard that; has the Gothitelle been listening to my thoughts this entire time; good bye, social life, it was nice knowing you--before projecting very, very hard at the Pokémon. Please don't tell your trainer any of that.

In light of preventing Adolphian from learning about his rambles, Newt gestures at the Pokémon waiting for adoption. "Why don't you go meet your new 'mon," he says. "You know, give it a name, see how it fits with your team."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.