• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Trainer Life: Pokemon RP

(Please keep in mind this RP takes place in Alola) *Otaku walks outside of his house in Hauoli City, Lurantis by his side, it is night time, and there is a slight breeze, he's wearing a light jacket, he looks around, the streets bare, but houses lit up everywhere, he walks around heading out of Hauoli City when he runs into ________ (Your trainers name)*

A pleasant breeze blew through Daniel's hair as he soared above Hau'oli City, arms around the chest of his Honchkrow. His home region, Unova, was nice enough, but compared to the peaceful quiet of the towns, and the idyllic seaside views which Alola boasted, Unova seemed like a shabby block of concrete in comparison. Soaring through the city, with the salty sea breeze around him was absolutely divine.

But, it was getting late, and it was about time for Daniel to feed his pokemon and himself, and get some sleep.

"Honchkrow, land us by the pokemon centre," he ordered.

"Krow," Honchkrow cried. The big bird was getting hungry, and he longed for some of Alola's regional pokemon treats; pokebeans. So, down he swooped, accidently bumping into a wandering pokemon trainer.

As he was thrown from the big bird, landing with his legs splayed on the ground, he apologetically said to the stranger, "I'm sorry that my Honchkrow bumped into you. Honchkrow, tell him that you're sorry too!"

The large ship finally reached Melemele island. "Here we are, Alola's so called entrance!" The girl quickly got off the ship, and cocked her head around. Then, a small Vulpix popped out of her bag. "Pix!" it squealed. She picked up the Pokémon and smiled. "I heard Vulpix look different here!" The small Pokémon glanced up at her trainer. The girl's brown hair complimented her hazel eyes, that seemed to sparkle in the night. The Vulpix walked nearby her, and soon, Winter, the girl, began to run. "Hurry up, Latte!" she called out to her Vulpix.
"This must be Iki Town..." she suddenly said. Latte looked upwards, and seemed to nod. "We'll be staying with my grandmother, so, be good with her Sandshrew, okay?" The fox like Pokémon seemed to sigh, probably figuring out that the Alolan Sandshrew would be an ice type. The Vulpix had a sense for adventure, and had always craved a battle. Being in Alola, would she finally get that? Her trainer was already walking off, so she ran up to her quickly. When they got into the house, Winter was already in a room, getting ready for bed. Latte laid down beside her, even though not very tired.

The large ship finally reached Melemele island. "Here we are, Alola's so called entrance!" The girl quickly got off the ship, and cocked her head around. Then, a small Vulpix popped out of her bag. "Pix!" it squealed. She picked up the Pokémon and smiled. "I heard Vulpix look different here!" The small Pokémon glanced up at her trainer. The girl's brown hair complimented her hazel eyes, that seemed to sparkle in the night. The Vulpix walked nearby her, and soon, Winter, the girl, began to run. "Hurry up, Latte!" she called out to her Vulpix.
"This must be Iki Town..." she suddenly said. Latte looked upwards, and seemed to nod. "We'll be staying with my grandmother, so, be good with her Sandshrew, okay?" The fox like Pokémon seemed to sigh, probably figuring out that the Alolan Sandshrew would be an ice type. The Vulpix had a sense for adventure, and had always craved a battle. Being in Alola, would she finally get that? Her trainer was already walking off, so she ran up to her quickly. When they got into the house, Winter was already in a room, getting ready for bed. Latte laid down beside her, even though not very tired.
As they entered the house, a teenager with Cyan hair and sharp green eyes spared her a slight glance as he leaned against a house, staying in the shadows. Then his eyes shifted to the Vulpix. With an intruiged look in his eyes, he gave a smug grin and pulled the hood of his sleeveless hoodie up, the pattern on the hood resembling a skull. "Well..." he chuckled, "This might turn out to be interesting after all." With that said, he tossed a Pokeball into the air, a Zubat coming out. "Keep track of the girl and her Vulpix." he ordered. "Boss'll be wantin' to hear about my next big catch. We'll meet back in Po Town." And after giving the Zubat a much-appreciated pat on the head, the small bat Pokemon flies off toward the window, staying out of sight.

By the docks, two others were waiting for the teenager. "Yo, little bro Dex! What's good?" one of them called out upon spotting him. The boy just smiled in response as the other one passed him his cherished skull medallion. He caught it by the chain and put it around his neck, tucking the skull into his hoodie.

"Tell the boss I've spotted us a good profit."

Last edited:
"Hau'oli City, huh?" Matt thought aloud as he looked around the town. Suddenly, a kid about his age landed on his head, a Honchkrow hovering above them. "Nah, it's fine," Matt said, rubbing his head. "You just gave me a shock, that's all. Hey, I'm new here. Just flew in from Hoenn. The name's Matt. What about you?"

"Daniel," the boy answered, "I arrived on Melemele island yesterday."

"Krow, honchkrow," the big bird pokemon continued, hopping back to his master's side, "Krow, krow."

Daniel assessed his lower legs. Fortunately, he hadn't taken any damage in the collision.

Honchkrow offered himself to Daniel, presenting his tail so that the boy could get back onto his back, but he refused, and instead, beamed the bird back into his pokeball. Honchkrow had to be tired after carrying him for half an hour straight. So, he opened his bag, assembled his wheelchair, and carefully lowered himself into it, belting up when he was done.

"A wheelchair? What happened?" Matt was genuinely concerned. His dad had used a wheelchair for a lot of his life, and Matt knew the struggle of doing everyday things.

Daniel so hated having to explain his condition to total strangers, but some of the time, it was unavoidable. Due to the nature of his disability, some assumed that Daniel didn't really need his wheelchair, or even that he was faking his condition to get attention. Technically, he could walk, but he just couldn't do it without hurting himself. Badly.

"Ehlers-Danlos syndrome happened," he spat, "I have really fragile joints, and I can't walk without dislocating something, hence the need for this thing," and he gestured to his wheelchair, "I have chronic pain, I've gotta take loads of medication... But I don't want a pity party, alright?"

"Whoa, okay, calm down," Matt backed up, hands raised in defense. "It's just, that, my dad got paralyzed in a biking accident when I was 5, and he's been in a wheelchair ever since." Matt closed his eyes and looked away, trying to stop the flow of tears. His dad was so brave, so strong! He never got discouraged by anything. Matt swallowed his guilt and turned back to face Daniel. "Alright. If you insist, I'll leave you alone. It was nice knowing you." With that, Matt fixed his shirt and walked away.

"Oh yeah?" Daniel snorted, wheeling after him, "My dad walked out on me and my mum when I was five. Said he wanted a normal kid. And I wasn't even in this thing at the time! He was just ashamed of me," he continued.

He remained in the shadows, as he always does, invisible to the world around him, yet so casual about it, leaning against the wall with arms folded. While he didn't mind carrying out his boss's orders, he wished he could at least get a break now and then. He had already confirmed a variant of Vulpix that wasn't native to Alola, but that apparently wasn't enough. With a sigh, he continued listening in to the conversation between the two, determining whether or not they were worth targeting for any valuable Pokemon. In the end, he decided, why not? And what better way than to see for himself? As they approached the wall he was behind, he stepped out from behind it, confronting them.

He was of average height and build, with a bandana over his mouth and a hood over his head. Combined, they seemed to form a skull around his face. He appeared to be in his teens. After looking them over for a moment, he spoke in a tone almost as sharp as his green eyes.

"So...you two seem pretty new to this place yourselves." he chuckled. "I hope you brought some good Pokémon with ya, too, because my boss needs all the Poke he can get." As he said this, he reached into his hoodie pocket and took out a Pokeball.

Skull cap, bandanna, slightly saggy trousers... Yup, it was a Team Skull grunt. No mistake about it. Daniel had been told when he got to Alola that he had to be watch out for Team Skull, whom he assumed were Alola's very own villainous team. Like Kanto had Team Rocket. Like Hoenn had Team Magma and Team Aqua. And like Unova, his home region, had Team Plasma.

That grunt must have seen his shiny honchkrow. How could anyone miss him when they saw him? Honchkrow stuck out like a sore thumb with his sparkling purple feathers.

Or maybe they just thought that Daniel was an easy target. Willowy little kid in a wheelchair, for all Daniel knew, that grunt probably thought that he could just break his wheelchair, swipe his pokemon, and then he'd be powerless. Well, he wasn't going down without a fight.

"Do you want to dance with my machoke, or do you want to clear off?" Daniel threatened, getting the muscleman pokemon out.

Dex grinned under his bandana as he juggled his Pokéball in his hand. "Dance? That'd be pretty hard to do if ya can't even walk!" he laughed. "But I suppose I should stand my ground. After all, I don't want you getting a leg up on the competition!" He tossed his pokeball into the air and a Crobat came out, swooping behind him and stopping at his side. "And besides, I've been looking for a better opponent. It's pretty boring battling your fellow grunts, over and over." With that, he grinned and gave a second of thought. "Crobat, Acrobatics!" he yelled. His crobat followed the command, darting into the air and consecutively striking at machoke at top speed.

Team Skull, Matt thought. Nasty bunch. Kind of like Team Aqua and Team Magma back in Hoenn. "Alright, then," he said, taking out a Pokeball. "Let's do this. Swampert, use Stone Edge!" Swampert flew out and hurled pointed stones at the Crobat.

William made his way off a docked boat walking down onto the dock. He took a deep breath the wind blowing freely through his long brown hair, after a while he stopped admiring the scenery he turned back to the boat and waved goodbye to it as it departed. "Well we are finally here" He said to himself as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pokeball which he then threw into the air as a Gengar came out of it looking very annoyed. " Now now i know you hate being kept in your ball but you know the ship has a strict no Pokemon outside their ball policy" He said trying to cheer up the Pokemon in front of him. "Come on we are in Alola now its quite a nice change from Unova, anyway we have wasted enough time lets move on" William then turns and begins to walk to Hau'oli City.

"And you guys call US underhanded. Then again, I did ask for a challenge." Dex mused. "Alright, Roserade, come out!" As he called for the second of three Pokémon on his current team, he tossed up his second Pokémon. A roserade popped out and landed in front of him. "Provide cover for Crobat! Magical Leaf!" Roserade opened the flowers at the ends of it's arms and formed several oddly-glowing leaves that pelted Swampert.

(Roserade and Crobat are actually part of my UU team in Pokémon SHowdown, So I decided to give that team to Dex, though tweaked a bit at first to tone down the power. As the RP progesses, I plan to have my full UU team as Dex's, or at least as close as possible.)

Matt gritted his teeth. Ok, these grunts were nothing like Team Aqua and Magma, so he was gonna have to try a lot harder. "Pidgeot! Aerial Ace on that Roserade!" He let out Pidgeot, and Pidgeot instantly struck Roserade with astounding speed. "Alright, Reuniclus, you too," Matt said, sending out Reuniclus, and had him use Psychic on the Crobat.

Dex grinned. "Alright, then! Time for Pokémon number three! Growlithe! Come on out!" A growlithe popped out of the third Pokeball, ready to obey it's trainer. "Roserade, Sleep Powder! Crobat, get outta there!" Crobat darts away from Machoke and retreats behind his trainer as Roserade takes center stage, waving her arms about and scattering her sleep-inducing powder across the battlefield.

"Making fun of a kid in a wheelchair? Well, aren't you the lowest of the low," Daniel said with an acerbic grin, "Not that it matters. Machoke, use drain punch!"

The pokemon's fingers began to glow white as he charged towards the Roserade, aiming straight for her stomach.

As Machoke dashed toward Roserade, she continued to scatter her sleep powder (see my previous reply), trapping Machoke and any other pokemon between the trainers in a cloud of sleep-inducing Pollen. "Excellent work, Roserade!" Dex praised. "Crobat, acrobatics on machoke! Growlithe, use Bite on Reuniclus! Roserade, hit swampert with magical leaf! GO!" The three pokemon obeyed their trainer without missing a beat, each launching their attacks at their targets.

"Machoke, return," Daniel ordered, beaming the pokemon back. Getting too close to the particles of that powder was not an option, at present. Not that he needed his other pokemon to get too close anyway. Long ranged attacks were a specialty of Daniel's...

He sent out his Serperior, Lopunny, Honchkrow, and Mightyena, to silence to the grunt and his pokemon. He'd be begging for mercy after the next attack...

"Serperior, energy ball. Lopunny, focus blast, Honchkrow, use dark pulse, and Mightyena, you use hyper beam!" he ordered, reversing away from the battlefield.

Serperior's pulsing green blast combined with the blue sphere of energy that Lopunny shot forth, hurtling towards Growlithe and Crobat. The rings from Honchkrow's dark pulse only just skimmed Mightyena's bright orange hyper beam, the two blasts cut a hole through the sleep powder, heading straight for Roserade.

"Aw crud," Dex said, as each attack landed. Immediately, Growlithe fainted and got knocked back from the blast. Crobat managed to avoid some of the damage, and even carried Roserade to safety. It became clear that this was going to be a fight he might not win in his current condition. But he got what he wanted anyways: information. With a smile, he returned each Pokémon to their respective Pokeballs. Then, after pausing to catch his breath, he let out a laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHA! That was the best battle I've had in ages!" Quite possibly undermining the two's expectations, he seemed to actually enjoy the loss. "I really gotta hand it to ya, you two really know your stuff. But don't think that just because you've earned my respect means we're buddies. Just you wait. When you go up against me at my strongest, I will stomp you into the dust like the insects you are."

With those last words, he took off, leaping the fence and making his way onto a nearby rooftop before vanishing into the darkness of the night.

"Weird guy," Matt muttered when the Team Skull member disappeared. "This whole thing is just wrong." He looked over at Daniel. "I think it's safe to travel together. I'm not saying that because I think you won't be able to take care of yourself; you've shown me you have a ton of strength already. But working together, we stand a better chance against Team Skull, as I'm sure that wasn't the last we've seen of him."

It was raining in Po town, as always, when Dex got back, still smiling giddily at the intensity of the battle he had just experienced. It had been too long since he had felt that rush, that sense of tension he used to always feel in the past. "Yo, Dex!" a grunt called out. "You're back earlier than we thought, little bro!"

"Well, I ran into some...interesting business." Dex said. "I need to talk to the Boss about my latest findings. It's crucial he hears about it.

"Boss Guzma's out for a bit, rookie." a familiar voice said, approaching Dex and the grunt.

"I'll tell ya about it later, Ben." Dex said, and the grunt went off. The cyan-haired boy gave the speaker a smug grin. "So Boss's off on an errand? Perhaps I should report to you, then, Plumeria." The "big sister" of Team Skull shrugged.

"Let's hear it." she said nonchalantly.

"Ho, boy, where do I begin?" Dex laughed. "I guess I'll start where my last report left off..."

Daniel returned all of his pokemon except for Lopunny, who hurried behind her master and took the handlebars of his wheelchair.

"That's not a bad idea," he agreed, as Lopunny pushed him away from the dirty ground, "I'm more than capable of handling myself in battle, but only when I'm well. If Team Skull attacked me whilst I was having a flare-up, then I don't know if I'd be in good enough shape to fight back."

"Alright," Matt said. He looked around. "Where do you think we should go? I'm kinda new to this place. Unless, of course, you want to find out what Team Skull is planning."

Daniel reached into hs bag, pulling out his phone as he checked tge time. Crap, is it really half-eight already?

"Looking for Team Skull would be asking to get ourselves in even more trouble," he said coolly, "Not that I can right now. I have a friend who I'm supposed to be meeting at the malasada shop in five. She's a little... Harsh, but she's got experience with Team Galactic, so she'll be able to help."

Lopunny pushed him a little further down the road, stopping him about ten feet away from Matt. "Coming?"

"Officially, it's Rosalia Lunelini," he replied, "She won't answer to anything except Rose, though. She did some work for Team Terra a little while back, and she's come to Alola to do the island trials. Says she wants the Z crystals for her pokemon."

Lopunny got the door for Daniel as he wheeled inside the shop, immediately going over to a short blonde girl, sat by herself in a corner. She stared disinterestedly at an empty glass of pinap juice, while a lopunny slightly taller than Daniel's nibbled a malasada.

"Rose!" Daniel greeted, "Sorry I'm late!"

The girl tirned away from her glass. "So, you finally made it. And you brought someone else along. Who's this guy?"

"Hey, the name's Matt." Matt had a certain flashback. "You know, my dad once knew a Team Terra agent. It was back in Sinnoh, when the agent and another girl helped him take down a Team Galactic grunt in Eterna City. That was the last he ever saw of those two."
He looked at her. "His name was Brandon Hunter. Do you remember that name, by chance?"

"If it was in your dad's time, then I don't," she answered coolly, "I was only with Team Terra for a couple o' months. Quit after Team Galactic was silenced."

Daniel wheeled closer to her, stopping just short of her table. "Enough chit-chat. We need to explain the reason why I brought this guy here. Rose, we were attacked by a guy who said he was from Team Skull just now. Any idea who they are?"

The girl cocked her head to the left, face screwing up. "Can't say the name rings a bell," she scoffed.

"Huh," Matt murmured. He was looking something up on his tablet. "Team Terra Admin Rosalia Lunelini. That was you, huh? My dad remembered someone named Rose claiming she was from Team Terra, an organization dedicated to stopping the motives of Team Galactic. Team Terra's only working in Sinnoh? Other crime organizations are still going on in the other regions too, you know. The only thing that'll feel like a threat to Team Skull will be a group fighting against them. We need some way to call a group of trainers fighting against this organization." Matt looked at Rose. "Do you think you can bring back Team Terra?"

"But Team Skull aren't like Team Galactic," Daniel pitched in, "Team Skull are just a bunch of punks and petty thieves. Team Galactic were dangerous criminals who threatened the safety of this world. I don't think that Team Terra would even bother with them!"

"If that's all that Team Skull are, then he's got a point," Rose added, "Team Terra left the cops to deal with the small fries."

She returned her lopunny, and stood up, back resting against a pillar, "I was never an admin, anyway. As far as I'm aware, my ex bosses are now in the Nita region fighting against Team Necro. And trust me, Team Necro would make Team Skull look like sugar plum fairies."

"But can you help us with Team Skull?" Daniel demanded.

"Sure I can," she answered, "Beating up petty crooks was my only job in Team Terra, anyway."

"Well, if that's the case, then defeating them should be no problem for the three of us," Matt suggested. He glanced at Rose. "Unless you're out, of course. But it's not too late to fight crime." He glanced at Daniel. "Are you with me, or not?"

"We're with you," Daniel answered.

Rose grumbled quietly to herself. By the looks of things, she had no choice but to accept the help of this stranger, even though accepting help at all was impossible, for her.

"Sure, whatever," she spat. Daniel had to be extremely careful who he gave his trust to, so if he trusted this stranger, then it was a safe bet that she could too.

"Alright," Matt said. "I'm guessing you guys still don't trust me. Don't worry, I'll prove myself soon enough. For now, we have to find more trainers that are willing to fight Team Skull." He looked around. "The Pokemon League might be a good choice right now. What do you say?"

Sitting in his room at the mansion, Dex searched through all comm lines going in, out, and through Alola. Thanks to the help of some grunt hackers, he was now checking every conversation he scrolled through for information. As he did so, three grunts relaxed in the room, swapping stories and playing cards.

"My poliwhirl's just amazing! I can't wait to show y-" He changed the comm line.
"Alright, we'll have your order delivered in half-" again he switched.
"My, those are beautiful gemstones. Where'd you find them?" An elderly voice asked. This caught Dex's attention.
"I found them in Sinnoh! They'll make great merchandise for the shop!" A younger, feminine voice replied. Dex's eyes widened considerably and he stood up fast, his chair clattering to the floor and startling the other grunts in the room with the noise.

"Yo, Dex, what's up? Did someone slip an adrenaline orb in your drink or somethin'?" one of them asked.

"I finally found them..." he muttered.

Rose choked back a burst of laughter. "The Pokemon League?! Are you mental?" She scoffed, "As if those Elite Four busybodies would bother with common trainers like us. 'Oh yes, homeless girl, guy in a wheelchair, and run-of-the-mill-trainer, let us stop dealing with the hundreds of challengers we face every day, so we can play cops and robbers with you and Team Skull!'"

Daniel nodded in agreement, though he wasn't sure about her sharp tone. "I think our best bet would be to gather other trainers as we go. Po Town is Team Skull's primary base of operations, or so I've heard, so we'll need to steer clear of that until we're stocked and ready."

"Sorry, that came out the wrong way," Matt apologized. "What I mean is, there are trainers heading there to face the Elite Four. We could persuade them to fight against Team Skull."

"Now that's more like it," Rose said snippily, "A realistic plan. The ferry for Ula'ula island leaves in the morning."

The boy rooted around in his bag, and came up short of what he was looking for. "Uh, guys? I think I left my medication back at the hotel I'm staying at..."

Rose darted to his side, checking inside the bag herself. "Then let's head there. You won't be in any condition to battle if you're in too much pain."

Daniel nodded as he reversed away from the table, positioning himself in the direction of the door.

The girl immediately turned to the newcomer, eyes narrowing into thin slits. "If your father taught you anything about me, then you'd be wise to remember that I do not tolerate belittlement. You are to step in only when necessary, and don't go starting fights unless you can finish them, and win. Got it?"

Last edited: