• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yar, I'm making another one of these threads. Tell us about what games you're currently playing. :)

Just a couple of guidelines for replies:
- If a game is multi-platform, list which console/handheld you're playing it on.
-  Feel free reply to this thread multiple times, but don't bother posting your gaming lists again if you're still playing the exact same games. :p

Feel free to ask about or discuss games other people are playing, or write in more detail about what you're playing.

Currently playing:
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Finally getting into it after owning the game for years. Very much enjoying the game.
- Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing (360) - Mario Kart with Sega characters, but pretty damn fun. Aiming to unlock everything in it.
- Banjo-Tooie (360) - It's so nice finally getting the chance to play this game properly. Thank you 360 Arcade and your week of sales. ^^

Recently played:
- Super Street Fighter IV (360) - Willing to multiplayer, but don't expect much of a challenge! :D
- Forza 3 - Pretty cool. I likes it. Might play more after I get tired of the Sega racing game.
- Fable: The Lost Chapters - I'll probably get back to this one soon.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (360, demo) - Need more points to download it in full, or I'll simply get it off the PSN. Still deciding.
- TMNT: Turtles in Time Reshelled (360) - Bought it because my little sister really enjoyed the demo. I still enjoy it, too.
- Rocket Knight (360) - Loved the demo, so I downloaded the full game. Must play it more. ♥

On-going:
- WoW: Cataclysm - Mainly focused on my Worgen right now. Hit level 26 yesterday.

Currently playing:
-Pokemon Platinum- After finishing Diamond, I decided to transfer everyone over to this game to make use of more items, move tutors and generally more things to do post-game.
-Phoenix (Take that Pheo >:D) Wright: Ace Attorney- I think its sad that I hear people talk about this game so much that I'm breezing through each episode based on what they've mentioned xD. Still, really fun; really glad I finally got to play it for myself.

Recently played:
-Pokemon Diamond- Reaching E4 one week after gatting the game? That's gotta be a record ='D (or maybe I'm really slow?) Post-game is pretty much going to be item and Pokemon farming for Platinum
-Nintendogs- lololol as if I didn't have enough canine companions both irl and in the virtual world xD
-FFTA2- after getting my dream team, I've kind of slowed down in this game. Might decide to finish it so Katie and I can have epic wi-fi battles? >=3

On-going:
-Blazblue Continuum Shift- Gotta get into the groove for all those CS2 nerfs and buffs. Jin and Tsubaki are finally high-tier ='D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX said:
-FFTA2- after getting my dream team, I've kind of slowed down in this game. Might decide to finish it so Katie and I can have epic wi-fi battles? >=3

Damn. I didn't even know you could do that! =O

I'd certainly love testing out that feature, although it'll have to wait quite awhile. I'm still VERY early on in the game thanks to putting it down for all of my random 360 games over the Christmas holidays. XD

Currently Playing:

RebirthRO. It's a private server of Ragnarok Online (Read: It's free), and I've just refound it. I played it years ago, so I have some nicely leveled characters to play with :>

Recently Played
-The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii)- I just beat this. I love it and it fueled my Zelda obsession

About To Play
-The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (Virtual Console)- I'm about to start this. According to some sources, this is the best 2D Zelda and I intend to find if this is true myself. I'll start tomorrow. :3
-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (Gamecube)- I'm a little in, but I'm waiting until my brother finishes to actually play it. I'm also going to wait until after I beat A Link to the Past to get serious with it.

On-going
-Pokemon Diamond (DS)- I recently restarted this and when I feel like it, I pick it up.
-The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)- I've beaten this Zelda before so it's not a big deal to finish it. Like Diamond, this is just when I feel like it. The nice thing about Minish Cap and Diamond is that they're handheld games. A Link to the Past and Wind Waker are console so these can be played more often if I choose too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing:
- Sonic Colors (DS) - Got it on sale thanks to EB Games' weekly January coupon deals. Even though it has the exact same plot as the Wii version, the level designs are quite good and I like that it has brand new powers.

-Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - I've really taken off with this one now. Feels like I've already played for hours even though I haven't advanced too far in the plot, but that will come. For now I'm just really enjoying completing the various available missions. ♥

- Pokemon Pearl - This particular save file has been lingering unfinished for months, and I really like my team, so me thinks I'll finally get back to playing it and beat the Elite 4 before Black and White hit North America.

Recently Played:
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii) - Another game I purchased due to the coupons at EB Games. Pretty much a party game, but it's not that bad. My little sisters will probably enjoy it more than me.

On-going:
- Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing (360) - Just continuing to unlock stuff. Played it over the weekend with a friend for a good hour and a half. Good times.

- WoW: Cataclysm - My Worgen hit level 28 last week, and my main finally reached level 66 a few days ago. I've been collecting pets, too, because Hunter's are such Pokemon Trainers now. ;p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
In between work I've been playing a fair amount of The Sims 3 - my new money drain. It's actually kinda disappointing how much they visibly left out of the core game to put into the expansions (we're at 3 already, plus 2 stuff packs - it came out in June!), but I'm quite getting into it now.

I lasted about 3 days before giving up and using the cash cheat. Go me.

Currently Playing:
Kingdom Hearts: BbS (PSP)- Since i'm not even thinking of getting re:coded, i got this game which got very additive fast. I'm surrently in Terra's sotry, and soon getting into Aqua's (which something tells me will be kinda boring...)
Mass Effect 2 (360, demo) my friend convinced me to try the demo, and it was pretty cool. if i earn enough money, i'll get the full game
Pokemon HeartGold (DS) After MONTHS of convincing my brother to just transfer his pokemon to a diff game, i get to play HeartGold :D Pretty good so far, but kinda weird when i try comparing it to the original Gold.

Recently Played:
Shadow of the Collossus (PS2) randomly got into it again after seeing a friend do a walkthough on it.

On-going
CoD: Black Ops (360) Well, again, my friends convinced me to get it since everyone and their mother has been playing it. Myself , i find it a decent game.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing:
- Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator (PC). VERY sporadically as I do have exams to study for, but playing nontheless.

currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, im at aquas story and i beat terras, also if anyone knows how many Xehnort reports there are in terras story please tell, im working on getting the final epiosde, also if there is more to do to get the final episode please tell, i need help getting it on normal

Currently Playing:
Okami(Wii): Oooh, I could just play this game for hours on end. Currently I'm on Oni Island trying to find ways to by pass the evil Blockhead. I'm not too good at memorization :p
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: I finally got around to playing this game about a month ago. Currently at the Wind Temple, wishing I could punch Makar in the face.

Recently Played:
Red Dead Redemption(PS3): Gotta love this game. I finally got tired of it though.

Ongoing:
Cod: Black Ops(PS3): I pretty much just stick to Domination Matches. I am a TERRIBLE sniper.
The Ghost Town That Was Once Known as Modern Warfare 2(PS3): Yeah,, I know it's dead but I can still find a good Team Deathmatch once in a while...

Currently Playing:
Fallout: New Vegas (PS3): I'm collecting all of the unique weapons in the game then I'm going to hunt down the four Legendary Creatures. After that, I plan to collect one set of the strongest armor from each Faction, or recruit all of the Companions/Followers. Whichever comes first. :/ Very entertaining game.

Recently Played:
Little Big Planet (Game of the Year Edition): I still haven't beaten the Story Mode.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS3): I have collected all of the characters. Now I plan to get my Online Rank up to "Hero"!

Ongoing:
Pokemon: SoulSilver : I reset it for the third time. I used Action Replay the first two times. :p
Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia : I still haven't taken the time to beat it. Dx

Current play:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Just started it, though.

Willing to play:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube). Need an emulator. Can anybody help?
A Nuzlocke run of Emerald, as it is one of my favorites.

Currently Playing:
Pokémon Crystal - I'm determined to beat that game before I get my White version in March D:< Currently in the TR base in Mahogany Town.
No other games, I like to focus on my games one at a time ^^

Recently Played:
Age of Empires III - So much fun ^^ Recently installed it on my laptop, so I've gotten a few matches of that recently. I tried playing as the English instead of my usual Dutch, but it seems I just can't survive without the infinate coin trickle that is the speciality of 'em Dutchmen ^^

Ongoing:
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes - Trilogy Version - I haven't played this in a while :X I'm at Amorbis, the dark worm that guards the Dark Suit. Can't wait to get my hands on that ^^
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - I have maybe 91 stars, but boy is it tedious to get those last few ones! D: I have all the worlds I'm crap at left, and some Comet Medals ^^;

Currently playing:

Touhoumon blue version
The World ends with you.
Just Dance 2

Recently played:
Smash brothers Brawl.

ongoing:
World ends with you has yet to be completed, likewise with Blue and Brawl.

Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 4 including Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony

Recently played: Brutal Legend

Plan on playing: Dragon Age 2 and Pokemon White

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently Playing: SMT Persona 3 FES --> I'm kind of playing it off and on, but whenever I have free time here at the dorms, I break out the PS2 and frolic through Tartarus for a bit :>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still playing FFTA, Pokemon Pearl (or planning to), and WoW, but recently played:

- Viva Piñata (360): It was actually one of the first 360 games I ever bought, but since I've yet to hook my new 360 up to my old HDD I had to start my save over. Dunno why I decided to play this one again, but I guess I felt like playing a sim-style game and it was sitting there. Might continue playing it on and off.

- Wii Sports Resort: Played it at work with my co-workers yesterday. Tons of fun. Might keep it handy for more gaming sessions in the near future.

- Rocket Knight: Finally gave my purchased copy a go. It's so much fun. This is definitely my favourite 2D platformer in years, and I'll probably keep playing it off and on.

- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (360): I got this game free a couple of weeks back due to an EBGames promotion, and it's not bad. I like that the controls are similar to Smash Bros. and mostly dependent on timing verses hitting a bunch of button combinations.

I'm playing the new MMORPG Rift (beta version that is). Really good game, good graphics and an interesting new class system.

I'm playing PKMN Yellow now on an emulator, thank god for emulators... all of my video games are not at hand, more than 3/4 of them are in another STATE!

Phanes said:
thank god for emulators...

Amen on that. Playing ROMs of Final Fantasy VI and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past myself. Both games are so awesome! VI is, according to many, the best FF there is, and ALttP is also the best LoZ according to some. (OoT and VII fans, screw you :p (just kiddin, I've played neither so I'm not in a position to say anything ^^; )) But srsbeans, great games, folks, great games.

~Weeds

Currently playing Resident Evil 4. Different for me, as I've never been all that good at shooting games. But I bought the Tmp and I love it XD. Die a few times trying with the handgun then I just bring out my little Tmp and just start destroying everything coming at me. Be nice if it had a little more fire power and a higher capacity though, but then I'd be unstoppable so oh well hehe.

Got me some Fallout 3 and New Vegas to occupy a lot of my time. As well as some Majora's Mask. (Gabby is so awesome. The only Zelda game I haven't played, disregarding the Oracle of ___ games, and she gets it for me as a gift on Virtual Console for Valentine's Day. Fuck yes.)

Back on track for Falout; Guass Rifle beats all. Screw the reload time, it's too amazing IMO.

I'm playing Kira Kira Pop Princess, although I completed it a few times on easy mode, I might try it on hard mode, although whenever I do that I always fail, oh well, practice makes perfect I guess n_n

Just started Persona 4. I ended up naming the protagonist Cygnus Persei. Why do these people let me name things I'm terrible at it D: I've also decided that he's magically somehow related to my P3 protagonist who I named Aden :> Probably should have stuck with Minato but I was feeling creative XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Last night I finally got around to picking up Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I had been meaning to grab this game for ages now, and finally did. I haven't played much of it thus far, but I'm certainly loving it. (Now I just need to beat it and catch up with the rest of the games. :V)

I think I'm back into serious laddering on Starcraft 2~

Heck I need something to do after my surgery in a few weeks, might as well do something super cool and snazzy c:

Update: I haven't touched Link to the Past/Wind Waker like I said. >>;;

I'm currently playing Diablo II because I'm in the mood for kickass RPGs that allow character building. I really wish my copy of Champions of Norrath for PS2 wasn't screwed up. It was basically Diablo II for PS2. It was awesome. Alas, I can't change the past.

I also am playing through the original Doom games when I have a bit of down time but not enough for Diablo II. Levels in Doom don't take more than a few minutes usually, so it's perfect. Diablo II is a bit more involved than Doom, so it can't take this position.

I'm still playing Diamond every now and then, as an ongoing thing.

Blisk said:
I really wish my copy of Champions of Norrath for PS2 wasn't screwed up. It was basically Diablo II for PS2. It was awesome. Alas, I can't change the past.

Blisk made me feel like playing Champions, but my copy is also screwed up :( Still playing pokémon red, thou.

Persona 4 and Pokemon White... AT THE SAME TIME. Like I have my DS and my PS2 controller in the vicinity, and I switch between them, since both are turn-based battle systems anyway XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Well, seeing as I have not yet gotten B/W (and I won't allow myself to get it for another week and some change), I've been preoccupying myself with something else. :>

Last night I started playing Minecraft and I absolutely love it. I'm not so great thus far, but I only just started. XP