• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Most of my posts during Daytime for Kinoko will be setting up his final character arc in the RP, hehe. I'm very excited to finish Kinoko's character arc and how he's going to change as the rp goes on.

Anyway, @Gold The Dragonite do you want to just let the studying be done offscreen? (Mostly because 1. If we're transitioning to HN this week's sunday, we probably won't be able to actually finish said study session [unless of course we speedrun it but real life stuff] since we still need to write a post from that to the evening [or something] and 2. I'm very lazy to actually write it LOL but if you'd like to attempt it before we switch to the HN then it's definitely possible, probably. A few pros to not doing it offscreen is that 1. We get to flesh out our characters a lot more compared to just summarizing it in a singular post, and 2. More writing opportunities so that our characters can develop a "Social Link" [hehe persona reference] or bond in a kind of way that lets them show their personality as it meshes with other's traits)

Speaking of switching to the HN, @RhythmThief when will we be actually switching to said Hollow Night? You mentioned every sunday or every other sunday, but seeing as there are still a few interactions going on between other characters, when will it actually happen?

Wrote a whole damn post just for two questions LMAO. Goodnight, it is now 11PM

Speaking of switching to the HN, @RhythmThief when will we be actually switching to said Hollow Night? You mentioned every sunday or every other sunday, but seeing as there are still a few interactions going on between other characters, when will it actually happen?
Good question. It's still early stages, so I was gathering data and such to see how frequent posts were and what a good schedule could be.

I'm still in the process of that (suggestions are welcome), so for now, let's say we'll be switching to HN on the 9th (Wednesday). That should give us enough time to conclude any ongoing interactions, squeeze in shorter ones if desired, and conclude the day.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Do you want to just let the studying be done offscreen?
I'd say it'd be better to do it onscreen, but I understand the lack of time for it to be a full interaction. Still, I feel like a few lines of dialogue between the two would be better than none, and an actual reason for this could be the two haven't gotten to actually know each other yet and aren't fully sure what to talk about while studying.

More writing opportunities so that our characters can develop a "Social Link" [hehe persona reference]

Either way I presume the two would study together each day leading to midterms (unless something happens in the HN) so they have more opportunities to interact

Never mind to all of this, 5 days should be good for an interaction lol

I'm still in the process of that (suggestions are welcome), so for now, let's say we'll be switching to HN on the 9th (Wednesday). That should give us enough time to conclude any ongoing interactions, squeeze in shorter ones if desired, and conclude the day.
Right after my birthday, huh? I know this was most likely unintentional but I'm not sure if this is a true coincidence or not. XD
Just being honest and maybe joking a bit. :D

| Korutesu |

NOOOO PURSE-OWNER THREE help me lord the persona 3 reference is going to kill me. Anyway it's finally time for the first Hollow Night LMAO.

Idk when I can post since I don't have my laptop, and writing on mobile makes me think my posts are long but then they really aren't. I'll figure something out soon, if not i'll post somewhere today.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
NOOOO PURSE-OWNER THREE help me lord the persona 3 reference is going to kill me. Anyway it's finally time for the first Hollow Night LMAO.

Idk when I can post since I don't have my laptop, and writing on mobile makes me think my posts are long but then they really aren't. I'll figure something out soon, if not i'll post somewhere today.
Me who writes all my posts on mobile because for some reason charms is blocked on my school chromebook <.<

Anyway, planning to post tomorrow if I can, a lil late for me now today ^^” but lookin forward to it!!

The writing quality has been excellent so far everyone, it feels like we're really adding more and more depth to our world and its inhabitants with every post! Let's keep it up and continue having fun with it.

Once @Cmeriwether has posted we can carry on unraveling the Night's mysteries...

EDIT: I've revised the story to make it a lot more straightforward, and one decision made was to cut the points and leaderboard system entirely!

The main reason this was done was so we could emphasize character development, interpersonal relationships, and the exploration of the story's themes rather than having to juggle and micro-manage different mechanics with every post.

Now, players will strictly only be 'erased' from the HN if they're killed by noise or other players, and there is no special benefit to killing regular noise.

That said, players will of course improve their general mastery over their weapons and abilities by practicing them against regular noise, which will help them greatly during tougher encounters.

You may even have it so that general fights against noise improve smaller parts of the character's combat potential, coming up with new strategies, weapon techniques, combo moves with other players, or the general efficiency of their power use.

Finally, I do apologize for making a huge revision like this so late in the game (especially to @Banan-chan , you may have to rework the Bounty upgrades for Kotori now)

Last edited:
I changed Kotori’s second and fourth upgrades to a simple multiplier increase. At first stage she’s a bit weaker, at second she becomes as strong as she was originally, and at fourth she gets even stronger. Basically her snowball mechanic is taken to the extreme now.
Excellent, thank you for being so adaptable. I will say she probably scares me the most out of all our players lol.

Though tbf most of our characters are walking nukes once they reach max EXS level

| Korutesu |

Haha double post very sorry nomnomnom but I have two questions.

One for Mister @RhythmThief, and that is why did Akio start getting lightheaded and like, weird stuff happen to him? And will it happen to our characters too?

And the next question is to Miss @=Nightshade=, which is how will Kinoko and Miharu get together with their pact? I was thinking about Kinoko trying to look for the most "normal" one of the people there, although there are probably plenty of others ways. Also, it'd be better if we thought of it together to make sure what we do would be in character for our ocs, lol.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
And the next question is to Miss @=Nightshade=, which is how will Kinoko and Miharu get together with their pact? I was thinking about Kinoko trying to look for the most "normal" one of the people there, although there are probably plenty of others ways. Also, it'd be better if we thought of it together to make sure what we do would be in character for our ocs, lol.
Hmm yeah that could def work!

One of my original thoughts was that Miharu would probably be in some form of denial for basically all of night 1 that HN has any bearing on reality, and hide in a fictional character’s persona; might have to change that depending on Rhythm’s answer to your first question but that’s cool, I’m adaptable lol 8)

Depending on whether Miharu has her freakout immediately or stays in denial or something else, she’d either be panicking and just accept whoever offered, or be looking for a “totally 100% made-up dreamt character” to match her imagined narrative, and Kinoko’s HN image would definitely fit the brief. She wouldn’t approach anyone unless she was in the second state of mind, though, probably; could be a mutual approach or like you said Kinoko could go looking for normalcy.

Or something else entirely different depending on what’s actually happening to our folks down in storyland lol, we’ll have to learn a lil bit of what’s going on so I can come up with how Miharu would react o7

One for Mister @RhythmThief, and that is why did Akio start getting lightheaded and like, weird stuff happen to him? And will it happen to our characters too?
Great question. Recall how Players can't survive anymore than 10 minutes without a Pact?

Well, that 10 minute timer has been ticking ever since our characters stepped foot into the HN, and it's beginning to come to a close which is why Akio is starting to crumble.

That said, it's possible for different characters to experience different symptoms of Pactlessness; some people may get dizzy, some may have trouble breathing, etc.

Really it's all just to add a sense of urgency and suspense for the start of the HN

| Korutesu |

maaaaaaaaaan I wanna write a short flashback in my post for Kinoko but I'm too lazy!!! Also, i was about to mention very secret information i thought up for Kinoko but remembered it has to be secret for it to be fun!!!!! Anyway i'll get a post up tonight-ish, i don't know LOL

Let's see how Perfect Fiction can help me write this post

Also, quick addendum concerning pacing.

Now that September has started, I imagine a lot of us will start to get busy with inrl business once more!

So with that in mind, I'd like to slow down pacing a bit accordingly.

Does the 18th sound reasonable for getting that first lamppost lighted?
Sounds good.
I just realised I haven't responded since the Pacts started. XD