• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

Oh boy, this question was one of the hardest for me to answer here after getting into so many Pokémon. After some pondering and self-debating, my favorite Pokémon is still Cyndaquil to this day.

Cyndaquil is my favorite Pokémon because his appearance and overall design both stand out from the rest of the Pokémon. His small body gives off the expression that he is still a child; as I have grown to like small, baby Pokémon ever since I had him as my first Pokémon. His closed eyes are one of the most remarkable things that stand out from the rest of the Pokémon. The closed eyes convey the fact that he is just a neonate; he is just getting on his feet and learning the world around him.

Another feature that stands out is the flames on his back. The flames symbolize exasperation, terror, and defense. They communicate his higher emotions that are the primary reason for the flames shooting off his back. The flames also opened up a new type of fan-made mega evolution that I have made; as I have made the flames seperated into arm-like pillars in his mega evolution.

Overall, Cyndaquil is my best-loved Pokémon to this day; because his appearance and design stand out from the rest. There may be more Pokémon that might catch my eye, but to this day, Cyndaquil is still my favorite Pokémon.

Other Favorites: Totodile, Chikorita, Froakie, Mudkip, Dragonite, Jangmo-o, Oshawott.

If You Look At My Avatar, You KNOW its Chesnaught! Baby!

I Love Him For Several Reasons, First off, Design, HIS SHELL MAKES HIM LOOK BADASS! Secondly, Movepool, DRAGON CLAW, SOLAR BEAM, ROLLOUT, SPIKY SHEILD, AWESOME!!!
also Chesnaught was my first successful Starter(SUCK IT GRENINJA!)

Last edited:
Tough choice. I'd say Infernape. He's in my opinion, the best fire/fighting type. (Take that Blazekin), and was the first starter i chose where i won the Pokemon Leauge. (Pokemon Pearl) He has a cool design, looks kinda like Goku, and is a monkey. Who doesn't love monkeys. Plus, he's the starter, of my favorite RP character I have Ry Burst. Also is fighting type, my favorite pokemon type.

Second is Sceptile, due to its cool attitude, and its mega form has a Christmas tree on his tail.

Third is Totodile due to the first Pokemon Game i played, (Pokemon Silver) i didn't know how to save, so i would pick Totodile, play my GBC dead, and then restart my adventure with Totodile again, when it got recharged. a very repetitive childhood.

Last edited:
My favorite Pokemon is:
images
Like if you like Metagross too!

My favorite Pokemon is Solgaleo. It has a nice design and he has cool moves like Sunsteel strike. And i liked Pyroar and Luxray already but this pokemon is AWESOME! It became my favorite when i catched him i dont know why? xD

My second is Greninja

My third is Tyrantrum

Sableye.

Edit: I'm now going to have to put why, because even though there was no intention of spam I was still warned. Almost lost my account for accused spam. I don't have much as an explanation as to why its my favorite, i just really like it overall, and its Mega is absolutely wonderful.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Since clearly some people have forgotten. The thread asks in its first post, "what Pokemon is your absolute favourite and why?"

The and why is fairly crucial. Because one word posts like the one by Cilantro, right above this one? That is spam. There is no discussion value in one-word posts. EXPLAIN yourselves. Even "Just for the heck of it" is a viable reason. But frell's sake. Give a reason.

My absolute favorite Pokemon is #156, Quilava! It's adorable, strategically the best choice for the Johto games, it's fast, and it can learn some really cool moves like Extrasensory and Wild Charge! It also evolves from its base the earliest out of all the starters at level 14, and it has been in my party for so long, it's hard for me not to love it ♥

I like the Cyndaquil line as a whole the best because (1) their designs are awesome, and (2) when I got Pokemon HeartGold as a trade for my Pokemon White Version, I was an excited little kid. I picked Chikorita for my starter, but things didn't go too well. Eventually, I got so frustrated that I reset the game. I started over and picked Cyndaquil, nicknamed Cindy, and started the entire journey over again. Cindy carried me all the way through the game, being my go-to Pokemon for any battle(I didn't really understand type matchups and whatnot then. Again, I was just a kid.). I've since lost my copy of HeartGold, but the entire Cyndaquil line still has a very special place in my heart.

<- my pic is my fav! ♥
Because....
: He's cute (for some reason)
: My starter for Red, and Fire Red... and Pokemon Go!
: His 3rd evolution (practically over 9,001)
: He's charmander why not!?

If it isn't clear from my pic and my username, my favorite is Delphox.

Why? Because they are so powerful, they can take out Greninjas and Houndooms despite type disadvantages.

Also, being foxes, they are cute; why wouldn't they be your favorite?

Lilligant. Dunno why but I've never really had a Favourite Pokemon until recently. O just love how Lilligant looks and how overlooked it is competitively when if you use it right, it can be a tremendous glass cannon.

KaiserGreed

Previously KaiserRobinFan
I'll go by favorite by Generation, so here goes.
Generation 1: Lapras, actually my current favorite because of a Lapras I had in HeartGold that OHKO'd Lance's Dragonite in the Multi Battle with Clair and Silver. Honorable mentions: Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Zapdos.
Generation 2: Scizor, it just looks like it could slice you up in a ton of little pieces and I've used it a ton in Gen 4. Honorable mentions go to Tyranitar, Celebi, Crobat, and Azumarill.
Generation 3: Salamence. Also have used a couple Salamence in Gens 4 and 6. In Alpha Sapphire, I currently have a level 70-ish Adamant Salamence that can Mega Evolve. Honorable mentions are Banette, Azurill, Gardevoir, and Latios.
Generation 4: Budew. I have a Budew plush that I've had for a while and I usually have one in my Platinum playthroughs. Honorable mentions go to Gible, Dusknoir, Infernape, and Electivire.
Generation 5: Samurott. Later Generations I haven't played as much as say Gen 4, but Samurott is one of my favorites as I've used it a ton in Black 2 and White 2. Honorable mentions: Excadrill, Hydreigon, and Vanillite. (Vanillite's kinda cute ok)
Generation 6: Sylveon. Like I said, I haven't gotten much exposure to Gen 6 as Gens 4 and 5, but Sylveon's an Eeveelution and I like all of the Eeveelutions, so I guess it's my favorite. Honorable mentions are Noivern, Xerneas, and Greninja.
Generation 7: Rowlet. At first I wasn't so much impressed by the Gen 7 starters, but Rowlet grew on me a ton. It's the cutest owl you could imagine. Honorable Mentions are Mimikyu, Lycanroc (both are cool), and Vikavolt.

It switches around sometimes (I adored Riolu when I first saw it's Mystery Dungeon Sky art, Mudkip was my MD Darkness starter, I was part of the Popplio Defense Squad, etc.), but I think Oshawott is becoming my all-time favorite.

At first I thought nothing of it, at worst thinking it was just stupid. Then I saw Best Wishes and now I want one as a lil' buddy. It looks so dumb, but so adorable as well, that's why I call him the "Pug of Pokemon" sometimes.

My favorite Pokémon of all time is Dragonite. Why do I like it? Well, it's a dragon, and I absolutely adore dragons because of how majestic they are, and not only is it a dragon, but it's also adorable, and who doesn't love adorable things? It's also been my favorite for a long time (maybe fourish years now), so it's by far my longest-lasting favorite Pokémon. To top it all off, Dragonite is just very powerful, and I think it's a plus when a Pokémon has a great design and works well in battle. Another favorite of mine that I like just as much as Dragonite is Nuzleaf. I only consider it my second favorite because Dragonite has been my favorite for longer. Nuzleaf is really adorable in my opinion, and he evolves into Shiftry which is also an amazing Pokémon. Nuzleaf also just so happens to be my favorite character in PSMD (I'm not biased, he does have an interesting personality in my opinion). Nuzleaf is just overall a good Pokémon to me. Not much more to say about Dragonite and Nuzleaf. They're just great Pokémon to me.

qlovers

Previously pæstella
Oh boy,oh boy, why this is a hard question.
Well, isn't it the Alolan Flower beauties, of course?
so beautiful~~ (▰˘◡˘▰)

Lurantis/Shiny Lurantis line
Design wise,this Pokemon has reached up to be my all-time favorite Pokemon.At first, shiny Lurantis or Fomantis did not seem as appealing as it's normal version.
It's cute,sweet and it's base stats are quite average.Although, it really lacks at speed, and has quite alot of weaknesses.Because, every Pokemon has it's good and bads. Thought, the good feature of Lurantis (Or Fomantis) is that they both have awesome movepools.They have quite alot of Physical, and Special attacks.

Steenee/Tsareena
Again, these pokemon are loved for design.I prefer Steenee more because it's cute.But Tsareena is just hilarious.To describe it,you know those people, well,some people, say 'dem legs'? That's how to describe Tsareena.It even explains in her Pokedex about her legs.Plus, Tsarenna and I have similar names.It has very few Special attacks/Moves and also alot of Physical and Status attacks.Tsareena's base stats are below average but atleast it has powerful abilities.Steenee, on the other hand...well, as I said, every Pokemon has it's good and bads?

Honorable Mentions

Togekiss

Mimikyu

Ribombee

Slurpuff

Spritzee

Noibat

Banette

Sableye

Last edited by a moderator:

ClockWork Breezy

Formerly VaporeonPlayz
My favoriite pokemon is Jolteon. I love electricity, and science, and Jolteon just reminds me of those things. I even asked a friend to draw my OC fpr me, and they where kind enough to do so! ☺️

I have two favorite Pokemon. One if which being Darkrai. While my love for Darkrai gappened very recently, he is still tied for my favorite. Darkrai's design is just so awesome! I love the black and the one blue eye... it just looks so BA. Plus, I love trolling people with Dark Void. He can be such terror on the battlefield too.

My other favorite is Greninja.Ninjas are just awesome ok! I love his loveseat. Pokemon Y was the first ever pokemon game I owned. The rest were all my brothers. I choose Greninja as my starter. Now, I knew type advantages because I had played the game before, so I taught it Acrobatics. Chestnaught never stood a chance again. Every Chestnaught I've taught has been brought down by my Greninja. I, the 10 year old child I was bavk then, thought that was so cool!

Lucario for days!

I love Lucario because it's a Fighting Type, which are my favorite types in the game. Legit, every character I have made with a partner (besides their starter) has a Fighting-Type one! Jonathan has Lucario, Manny has Gallade and Adam has Hitmonlee. Anyway, I've loved its design since I played SSB Brawl, when I first discovered it, and its usefulness in battle is helpful for competition and in-game plot where I had to fight a bajillion Team Flare dudes without healing my team. It was the first Pokemon I ever got to Level 100, with Greninja running a close second for that spot. (not really, but it wasn't too far behind if 15 away from Lucario is called close) Its anime appearances were great, and my reaction when I first found a Riolu was:

Oh! Oh my gosh! Oh!

I can't help but love its Mega Evolution, either. Its design and buffs are great, and I would have never gotten Korrina's second Lucario if it didn't have Lucarionite. I boxed Korrina's second one and gave the stone to my Lucario so we could Mega Evolve, not some trash one that was there for in-game filler.

Last edited:

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
My favorite pokemon are on reality, 3 pokemons.

1. Feraligatr
Because I've choosed Totodile as my starter in Pokemon HG, and because I was stuck in an area that you needed to teach cut to your pokemon. And I evolved my Totodile to a Feraligatr in this area that I was stuck.
I sucked at Pokemon...
2. Garchomp
I need to say, I didn't liked Garchomp firstly. But then, I tried to drawn his Mega Form. The pattern, the form, ALL of Garchomp is AMAZING.
3. Tyranitar
Again, A pokemon that all the design is AMAZING. The Mega Form is amazing. The pattern is amazing.
And also it was a pokemon I never caught.
I suck at Pokemon...

my top 10 has to be: Starmie, Steelix, Lantern, Typlosion, Gastrodon, Staraptor, Gigalith, Sylveon, and gallade. I love them all at the same rate. But gallade is my favorite because he pointed out to me since platinum.

AGGRON

BelovedAcceptableIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

There we go, got the part that people browsing this thread wanted to see out of the way, and now my opinion becomes lost amongst a sea of anonymity. Poetic nonsense aside, having a 6ft 11inch tall steel dinosaur, weighing in excess of 750 pounds as a traveling companion seems to suit me down to a 'T', and here are the main reasons why...

1. Intimidation factor: or Winning without fighting.

Aggron is a heavyweight in more ways than one, and his sheer force of menace is up there with the mightiest of dragons, or the spookiest of ghosts as his entire head is clad in metal - with two protruding horns and a bear-trap like jaw - every part of him is weaponised.

Unless I knew my Pokémon quite well, and picked a ground type to reduce Aggron to mincemeat in an anticlimactic slaughter (seriously, screw ground types as an Aggron, they will make your life hell...) then I would not relish the prospect of combating such a monster, or more accurately, I would run in the complete opposite direction screaming like a ninny.

2. Big surprises in small packages: or "Aww look at the cute little Aron, isn't he ado-OH GOD HE'S HUGE NOW RUN!"

I've always been a fan of the huge, unsubtle leaps in evolution in Pokémon, such as Magikarp to Gyarados, Pupitar to Tyranitar etc. and Aron's rapid ascent into a god of war is certainly up there. Little do you know that the cute little critter you caught unassumingly in some dark, dusty cavern will eventually become a bipedal behemoth, and it certainly is a surprise that does not disappoint.

3. Prepared for all-comers: or a move-set divine

Now, Aggron's move-set that is earned by leveling up is powerful but limited to dealing with certain types of Pokémon, but as every good trainer knows, the right TM's turn the tide of war. The appeal of having a nightmarish dino-knight bust out a thunderbolt, aerial ace, ice beam or flamethrower is one that can't be beat for me. Now granted, with most Pokémon you can harness the awesome potential of a TM to make a logistically wacky, but immensely powerful arsenal of multiple types, but there is just something inexplicably satisfying to me about seeing my Aggron shatter the dreams of a cocky water type opponent, with a single dose of thunder.

4. The 'it' factor: or a nonsense explanation as to how my subjective favourite is superior to yours

Perhaps the reason why I like Aggron so much, is one that I can't explain, I just do. It isn't like starting to grow in affection for a certain Pokémon after their heroics late on in a gym battle, or the unexpected slot filler in your PC pox becoming your most valuable asset (I like the Pokémon Illumise for these such reasons, not usually the type I'd like but was so useful in Pokémon X to me, she became a firm favourite) instead, it is just the simple fact that much like people click or do not click with other people, certain Pokémon just click with certain trainers.

Wait, you made it to the end of this list? I'm impressed honestly, oh wait... you didn't just scroll by to leave your comment and this is the only part you caught did you? Sigh, my genius is wasted once again.

KaiserGreed

Previously KaiserRobinFan
My opinion has changed a bit now, now my favorite Pokémon is Banette. I love its backstory in the Pokédex and how its a stuffed doll that was abandoned by its previous owner and it came to life out of pure hatred. It's pretty edgy I know, but I also think it has a simplistic design yet it looks sinister and evil. It even has a Mega Evolution, which a plus in my book.

Honorable mentions are:

Lapras
Roserade/Budew
Leafeon
Gengar
Scizor
Salamence
Azumarill
Flygon
Infernape

My Favorite Pokémon:

Incineroar (Because I like so much how he looks like, strong body with a feline look, that`s amazing!)
Well, I have other pokémon that I like, see my favorite pokémon trainer card:

trainercard-Lario.png

My favorite has to the Charizard. When I was little, I thought Zard was the overlord Pokemon and he was so cool to me. I still love him and when it comes to Super Smash Brothers. You'll get beat to the ground when I use Charizard

Oh, big change. The list is different.

10. Starmie
Cuz Nobody likes it

9. Typlosion
Ok, My Johto starter

8. Cloyster
Again, Nobody Likes it.

7. Swampert
my Hoenn Starter

6. Gastrodon
Cuz, In platinum

5. Steelix
What else is better then a steel snake?

4. Gigalith
My personal monolith and White2

3. Venusaur
Cuz charizard shit, also my kanto starter

2. Staraptor
The best bird ever

1. Gallade
Galant sword dude who I had in platinum

Virizion
virizion.png

I bet those who know me probably saw this coming from a mile away. Haha
Been one of my absolute favourite Pokémon for years now. I was so obsessed with it for a couple of years as well. All I would draw was Virizion (and Snivy), and I think I had about a million different Virizion OC, a lot which I still have.
I first fell in love with it when I watched my sister battle and capture it inPokémon Black (as I wasn't up to that bit yet). I absolutely love it's (or as I like to say, 'her') elegant design, and it's typing as well. Fighting is one of my favourite types after all!

Incineroar
727.png

Here's a Pokémon I never thought I'd like. I remember when Incineroar and the other Alolan starter final stages were revealed, I though it was by far the worst of the three. I was dreading the thought of another Fire/Fighting starter and I just hoped the leaks were fake. Well, that all changed. After a few months I really started liking the guy. It just looked so fun and full of personality, and I was starting to dig the design as well. Now I wanted the leaks to be real! Thankfully that was the case.
Using it in Pokémon Sun just made me love it even more, and now it will forever be one of my favourites

Snivy
snivy.png

Snivy is amazing. It's design is amazing. The smug look on its face is amazing. It is amazing in the anime. The only thing that isn't so amazing is it's evolutions (not that I hate Servine and Serperior, they were just disappointing). I first fell in love with Snivy when I got a plush of it on a trip to Wagga Wagga. At the time I hadn't been into Pokémon in a while (and I missed out on most of Gen 4), so I wasn't really aware of BW apart from the few posters I had seen up in some stores. I certainly wasn't aware of the Starters either, so these plushies where the first time I had seen them. I made my through the pile,picking out Tepig, Oshawott, and a few other random Unova Pokémon, then Ispotted something green. I picked it up and right at that moment knew that was the one I was buying. After that I got back into Pokémon, and I brought a copy of Pokemon White just so I could pick Snivy as my starter. I was obsessed with it (and Virizion) for the longest time. Haha.
So if it wasn't for Snivy, I might not be a Pokemon fan today, and that is why I love it so much. Well, that and it just amazing in general.

Last edited:
My favourite Pokemon is Turtwig.

latest

It´s just so cute, and my favourite type is
GrassIC_Big.png

Torterra is also my favourite starter of all times, becuase of it´s cool design, and it´s one of my favourite Pokemon that Ash had.

300px-Tru_Torterra.png

Last edited: