• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

Well, just so long as there's no backlash from this, my favorite Pokemon is Shaymin. I actually find it very cute, and even though I've never had one, I've been told they could be real monsters in battle.

My fav Pokemon is Mightyena, cause when I caught it was just a little Poochyena. So I thought: Mahn this is a really bad pokemon. Then I gave him exp. share and then it became Mightyena and it was so overpowerd... So my fav Pokemon is Mightyena
262Mightyena.png

Pikachu and Raichu, Marill and Azumarill
All Johto and Unova starters (Final evolutions)
Omastar, Aerodactyl, Cradily, Rampardos, Archeops. Tyrantrum
Some cute legendaries (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo)
Charizard and Venusaur (Plus their Mega Evolutions)
Greninja
All pseudo-legendaries except Goodra

Favorite Pokémon of all time would be Blastoise

Water: Blastoise - All time favorite Pokémon so duh!
Fire: Arcanine - The one Pokémon I wish I could have in real life.
Grass: Whimsicott - I don't know why just like this Pokémon for some reason.
Electric: Jolteon - Coolest electric type/ Eevee evolution.
Dragon: Tyrantrum - T-Rex that's also a dragon type.
Ghost: Shedinja - A soulless shell that's has an interesting way to evolve.
Flying: Skarmory - The Pokémon that made Aerodactyl less interesting in Gen 2.
Rock: Tyranitar - Looks like Godzilla and was a king in Gen 2.
Bug: Scizor - Takes hits like a boss...unless its fire moves.
Steel: Aggron - Coolest and the greatest Pokémon that Gen 3 made.
Fighting: Infernape - Favorite fire starter, and its a fighting monkey... Goku anybody?
Dark: Pangoro - Its the Pokémon version of Batman.
Psychic: Starmie - Don't know why this Pokémon is Psychic but its awesome.
Ice: Weavile - A fast ice type Pokémon that gets the job done.
Ground: Marowak - A warrior that was once a sad child.
Poison: Nidoking - The king of the poison type Pokémon.
Fairy: Klefki - Keys...its so cute and awesome that this Pokémon is a dragon slayer.
Normal: Eevee - Its the cutest Pokémon, and the fact its the start of its evolution line.

My Favourites are:
Sylveon - She's pretty, pink and adorable!
Absol - He is AWESOME I always loved absol and I'm so happy about their mega evolution!
Charizard - The original. He is first generation and I love that guy.
Milotic - She was my first favourite ever since I was watching the anime episodes!
Latias - She is ADORABLE! I just love her so much!
Zorua - I just love him.
Liepard - She's a cheetah but in a different form.
These are just some of my favourites, not all of them.

When you've been playing Pokemon since the first generation, you sure gather a lot of favorites, don't you? I sure did! I think I have a few favorites per generation. There have always been staples to my team, anyway.

My favorite typing is fire. Always has been. I find most fire Pokemon to be very regal or beautiful in appearance. And fire moves look pretty freaking awesome. I always favored Arcanine where fire pokemon are concerned. This is because he is a dog, he is a fire Pokemon, and he just looks awesome. To me, he always resembled a dog/lion crossbreed. Fire wise, I've also always loved Ninetales (though not from a battling perspective, just aesthetically), Flareon (same as Ninetales), Charizard, Torchic, and Houndoom.

None of those are my ultimate favorite, though. I have other favorites, of course. I love Eevee because of the options for evolution. I've always wanted a team full of nothing but Eevee evolution's. However, I would never know which ones to choose as they're all awesome. Then there's the Lillipup line. Lillipup reminds me of a Yorkshire terrier puppy. I love Yorkies.

My ultimate favorite, however, is hands down Raichu. So many people respond to this with 'ew' because they think Pikachu is better. No! Pikachu is an electric runt. Raichu, now, he is full of Electric power that is awesome. He has surpassed runt to become a Raichu. My team is never complete without a Raichu. He is the main staple of my teams, and when he is available, he is always a member.

I guess this would come to as a surprise to most people here but my favorite pokemon is Pancham.

For the longest while, I was on the Infernape and Emboar fan wagon just because I was an idiot. I only liked them because of their looks but when I saw Pancham, I noticed that he was a fighting type and a bear and well, I like bears and fighting types are my favorite.

It's movepool isn't the greatest but I like that because it gives me more of a challenge to write with.

Honorable mentions over the years are Butterfree(odd, I know.), Machamp, Houndoom, Slowking, Ursaring, Breloom, Hariyama, Swalot, Bastiodon, Buizel, Magmortar, Toxicroak, and pretty much anything Gen 5 wise. Starter wise, I favor Venusaur, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Infernape, Emboar, and Greninja.

My top three would be Gardevoir, Celebi, and Zoroark.
But if I had to choose one, then definitely Gardevoir. I don't care if it's a male or female Gardevoir, a Gardevoir is still a Gardevoir. It's a nasty Psychic special sweeper in its mega-form, plus it now has a secondary fairy type - so dragons beware!
The reason I like Gardevoir so much is because of Wally. In my first run I caught a Ralts before him, then when I saw him catch one I wanted to make mine stronger. I did, and now I love Gardevoir.

A little update of my favourite Pokemon by type :)

Normal: Porygon-Z
Fire: Volcarona
Water: Kingdra
Grass: Abomasnow
Electric: Ampharos
Flying: Braviary
Fighting: Mienshao
Psychic: Chingling
Ice: Glalie
Ghost: Gengar
Dark: Hydreigon
Ground: Marowak
Dragon: Flygon! :love:
Steel: Aegislash
Rock: Armaldo
Bug: Accelgor
Poison: Dragalge
Fairy: Togekiss

But my favourite Pokemon is still Flygon ;)

Last edited:
Meant to post this yesterday, but my memory is made of fail. It's a familiar topic that should be revived after all. The title pretty much speaks for itself: what Pokemon is your absolute favourite and why?

As regulars here will know, my favourite is Manectric. Not quite sure why. I just came across one after rediscovering Pokemon and I was instantly drawn to him. He became my Thunderdog and he's been my firm favourite since. He has a weird design, and we can all agree that loads of other Pokemon look much cooler/better, but I just love him and he's a solid member of my competitive battle team. I've never even seen him in the anime, and I'm not sure what he sounds like. But I loves him ♥

Other favourites include: Sceptile, Murkrow and Munchlax ♥

So, what about you?

Okay Infernape is my favorite. It has great moves plus it was my first pokemon soooo... Infernape!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see. My favorites are. . .

Grass: Leafeon
Fire: Ninetales (overall favorite~)
Water/Ice: Lapras
Poison: Arbok
Flying: Swoobat
Bug: Venomoth
Ground: Gliscor
Rock: Rhydon
Fighting: Mienshao
Electric: Zebstrika
Fairy: Sylveon
Dark: Liepard
Dragon: Hydreigon
Psychic: Reuniclus
Ghost: Dusclops
Steel: Bastiodon
Normal: Miltank
Baby: Cleffa
Fossil: Archeops
Legendary: Latias and Entei
Starter: Infernape

Last edited:
My favourite Pokemon is Vaporeon (suprisingly), but I'll just do each type favourite:

Bug: Ariados - just pure awesome.
Dark: Mightyena - Just a great combo of cute and awesome.. Love it
Dragon: Well, it is a tough choice, Flygon or Garchomp.. I'll just put them both
Electric: Pachirisu. I know it's really odd, but I really like the little thing! Just so cute!
Fairy: Sylveon - There is no better thing than a girly eeveelution ( besides the fact that Eevees are mostly male..) Perfect for Dragon taming.
Fire: Arcanine. I LOVE PUPPIES!!! ♥
Fighting: Hitmontop - this Pokemon is one of the fighting types I realy like..
Flying: Togekiss - TOTAL step-up from Togepi and Togetic.
Ground: Probably one of my favourite types, I can't deside between: Sandslash, Marowak and Krookodile.
Ghost: Gengar!!! Nuff said.
Grass: TREECKO!!!! ♥ my first favourite ever..
Ice: Frosslass! ♥ But I like Glaceon too, since I'm i December, and Glaceon is an ice type eeveelution..
Psychic: Hypno. see comment on Ghost.
Steel: Steelix.. But I hate the teeth!
Poison: ZUBAT !Nidoqueen or Crobat, Nidoqueen or Crobat..
Rock: Golem. A rock.. with feet and arms..
Normal: Miltank :) ♥ second runner-up to Vaporeon!
Water: Vaporeon - My favourite had to make this list.

Those are my favs! :)
Vaporeon is my favourite. I mentiond it, but I'll do it again :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! It's time to join - and here is my list of my favourites pokemon. Of course my best poke pal from all the list will always be a Charizard - because he's strong, funny and I love Ash's and Red Charizard :3

Grass: Meganium
Fire: Charizard - my favourite pokemon from all the list!
Water/Ice: Lapras
Poison: Nidoking
Flying: Pidgeot
Bug: Scyther
Ground: Rhydon
Rock: Onix
Fighting: Primeape
Electric: Raichu
Dark: Mightyena
Dragon: Zekrom/Mega Charizard X :D
Psychic: Mewtwo
Ghost: Banette
Steel: Cobalion
Normal: Furfrou
Baby: Riolu
Fossil: Areodactyl
Legendary: Suicune
Starter: Fennekin and Charmander - love them both :)

Vaporeon for many reasons:
- Has TONS of HP
- Is adorable :3
- Pure Water type, nothing fancy, so only has 2 weaknesses and 4 resistances!
- I love its design too
- Can learn Hydro Pump, Acid Armor AND Last Resort~♥!
- Has the ability Water Absorb so its basically immune to Water
- Can MELT INTO WATER! How cool is that?!

Some of my other favourites are: Hitmonlee, Absol, Poochyena, Tyrogue, Torterra, Noivern, Magnezone, Yanmega, Meganium, Kyogre, Skarmory and probably many more xD

*cough* Not likes it is Lucario *cough*

I like Lucario for a couple of reasons. 1: The design for both normal and Mega is awesome. 2: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my favorite movie of all time.

My number one favorite pokemon will and will always be Beedrill. why? I really have no idea, maybe his hands are drills or the fact he is an over size bee. Would probable be the case, BUT it is not I'm just drawn to him ever since I first saw him in pokemon.
Here are few other that are my favorite...
>Aron
>Venipede
>Bellsprout
>Lapras
>Cyndaquil
>Aerodactyl
>Umbreon
>Scizor
>Skarmory
>Ninjask
>Sableye
>Trapinch
>Seviper
>Banettle
>Latias
>Vespiquen
>Glaceon
>Froslass
>Snivy
>Roggenrola
>Sewaddle
>Cofagrigus
>Joltik
>Litwick
>Phantump
>Duskull
>Greninja
And lastly Agislash and Charizard.

Last edited:
Rapidash: because of the anime, the moment Ponyta evolved i was sold
Aipom: i think he looks awesome and i love its design
Dragonite: the original dragon pokemon

Some other favorites are the Treecko line, Gengar, Electabuzz and Mightyena

My favourite Pokémon is Emolga! I love Emolga ever since I saw the episode "Emolga the irresistable" and I loved how the Emolga would use attract to steal everyone's apples! :3 I have 3 plush toys of Emolga, about 6 or so cards of Emolga including a super rare and sparkly one, and all my friends know me for being obsessed with Emolga XD I JUST LOVE EMOLGA THAT MUCH IT'S SOOOO CUTEEEE!!! "Eeeeeemoooo~!" :3
Also, it's an electric type and my favourite colours, black and yellow!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Might as well update XD

Plusle and Minun are STILL my favorites, even 10 years later. Vivillon's become a close second, though, followed by Flygon, Breloom, Lanturn, Froslass, the Ralts line, and Mienfoo/Mienshao. I guess my taste has changed a little from the past?

Oh, and Eevee. Of course I still like Eevee and its evolutions. Including Sylveon ;D

Mine is Gardevoir in case you hadn't noticed. It can create a F@CKING BLACK HOLE WHEN IT GETS PISSED. WHO ELSE DOES THAT!? Plus its SpA is hilariously high even without a mega. And speaking of megas, its the only one to LTTERALLY GO MEGA! Look at it. Fat, graceful, luxurious.... Fat.....
anyway, my first game was Sapphire.
ralts was the first wild pokemon I encountered (IDK HOW I got through that route w/o a wild battle :p) and ran into it, and was all
"Ermahgerd. A hoodlum! LETS CATCH IT!"
So torchic helped me catch my female hoodlum, and then as time went on, I ended up with a ballerina which disappointed me, and then a ballroom dancer which confuzled me. I was like
"HOODLUM!?!?!?"
"HOODLUM Y U GO SEXY ON MEE!?"
"... I like this hoodlum better"
Then I realized in 2012 that scrafty was a thing sooo... I stoped with the hoodlum.
And when it got retyped, AND A MEGA, I flipped all kinds of shit. I was like
"NO DONT RUIN GARDEVOIR!!!"
but now im all
"SUCK ON MY HYPERVOICE LOOSERS!"
so yeah. gardevoir.

behind gardevoir:
2 Blaziken
3 Lilligant
4 Minccino (YES AND I AM PROUD OF MY CHINCHILLA!)
5 Lopunny
6 Togekiss
7 Greninja
8 Victini

No. 470, the Verdant Pokemon- Leafeon.

The cutest Eevelution struck me by surprise one day. I was training with my Eevee named Tess one day in the Eterna Forrest, and *poof*, evolutionary light. Leafeon became the Pokemon I wanted to have the most, and not because I wanted to have it to look at.

Day in and day out, I created an impossible bond with the pixels in my Diamond cartridge(I'm a Sinnoh baby, that's for sure.) I wanted to make my Leafeon the baddest there was, and I think I did. That Leafeon would follow me to the Kalos region today, now captain of my Sun Team. C:

Leafeon, ftw. ♥

Edit: Tess's companions as the team enters the Sinnoh Hall of Fame:

Wartortle, level 33, Rhoxz
Charizard, level 62, Aeterna
Lucario, level 55, Oathkeeper
Absol, level 51, Jisatsu
Tyrogue, level 5, Citius

Last edited:
Bug: Volcarona. Is there really anything I can say except awesome?
Fairy: Slurpuff. The best sweeper of all time.
Normal: Munchlax. Why? Dat jump dough.
XD
Fire: Once again, Volcarona. Easily one of my favs.
Steel: What two Pokémon are fused to make my name? Gliscor and Lucario.
Fighting: ^
Water: Cloyster. Because Clam Chowder.
Ice: Weavile. Sick-looking.
Dark: ^
Grass: Mega Venusaur. My god, the bulk.
Poison: ^
Ground: My profile pic.
Flying: My profile pic.
Rock: Terrakion. Because the movie is amazing.
Dragon: The Dark Lord. (Zekrom) My dad's is named Lockhead.
Electric: Linkachu. I'm sorry, I just had to.
Psychic: Gallade. Can you really compete?
Ghost: Gengar. My god Nappy, have you molded me into a Ghost lover.
Fossil: Aerodactyl. On paper it looks amazing, but in competitive, not so much. Still awesome though.
Baby: Munchlax. Once again, dat jump dough.
I just can't get enough of it.
Legendary: Rayquaza. There's really just one thing I can say: badass.
Starter: Greninja. Honestly, the look, the ability, and the sweeping capability are all I seek in a Pokémon. Greninja's shiny is the definition of badass, he has very good sweeping capability, and motherfucking Protean. Just why.
Overall: Gliscor. Amazing both on paper and in the real game, sick looking, and just plain awesome.

Last edited:

DittoWantsToBattle

Formerly PokemonMastaaa
Ditto, because it's the cutest little pokemon of all! And that anime episode with Ditto in it was actually pretty good.Plus, ditto is ANY pokemon, so technically he's your favorite too! :D Not to mention he was a big help in my Heart Gold team. He took down Whitney's Miltank. It took me DAYS to take down Miltank. And Ditto finally helped me whoop it's ass.

Update! ^^ But this time, my Top10!!!

10. Noivern
Y' know who Crobat and Woobat are? Yes? Ok. Now, look at No vern. Improvement? Vast. The thing is, Noivern is so cool! Seriously, it's a Dragon bat! Batman who?

9. Meganium
A weird choise, but yeah Meganium is my favourite starter. It may not be the best designed starter, but hey, we've been through alot of things! Johto? Sweeped. Nuzlocke chalenge? Wrecked it. And it is the only starter that stays super adorable when it fully evolves!!! ^^

8. Zangoose
Awe yea! This thing is super powerful, with the correct moveset. I could use only him in Hoenn. And that design! ZANGOOSE FTW!! Now if you ask me 'Zangoose or Seviper', you know the answer.

7. Noctowl
Owls are SUPER ADORABLE!! Eeeee~♥♡ And wo's da badass owl? Noctowl! It's just a combo of cute, cool and awesome! Plus, it helped me with Chuck. Who's a good owl? You are! Yes you are!

6. Breloom
If there is a grass type I like more then Meganium, it's Breloom. It' s just so adorable and shroomy! And, I always wanted a Breloom umbrella! Also, the only shroom out there that is awesome. Grass\Fighting? Great combo GameFreak, great combo.

5. Weavile
The most Dark type out there!!! It just sneaks up to you, and BOOM! Instant screaming session. For free! XD Besides, it's shiny coloration is awesome! Pink FTW!

4. Miltank
Whitney, watch and learn. You know nothing about Miltank, y'heard? It is too cool for you! As I said, pink, on a Pokemon.. the best thing ever! XD Just a joke, not a big fan of pink. But a huge fan of cows! Let's have a toast with Milk drink! ^^

3. Arcanine
Who is a good puppy? .. well, not you. You're too awesome to be good.. oh, you're like a guard dog? Uh.. I like that too!!:) And I ADORE dogs! Esspecialy the cute, fluffy cuddly dogs! Have I mentioned I ♥ dogs? Because I do!! ^^

2. Noibat
Alright, weird that Noivern is lower on the list then Noibat, but it is so darn CUTE!! And it likes CUPCAKES!! How cool is that?! And Noibat is my favourite for a short while. And it ain't movin', no!

1. ... Seriously, didn't figure it out?
Vaporeon. The best out there. It is a quarter mermaid. So cool. And, a Water type. Weak to only Grass- and Electric-types. And SO FRIGGIN' CUTEEEEEEEE!!! ♥♥♡♡♥♥♡♡ It is a ★ by the Eeveelution. And alot ofother reasons. The first time I had it... Pokemon Crystal... My favourite since FR, and my favourite on..

Those are my fav's! Hope it ain't weird! ><

Grass: Sceptile
Fire: Charizard
Water/Ground: Swampert
Poison: Arbok
Flying: Staraptor
Bug: Ninjask
Rock: Golem
Fighting: Infernape
Electric: Electavire
Dark: Hounchkrow