• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The magician hat wearing short-fry chuckled, bringing out something from his pocket. Revealing it to him, it was none other than his misplaced Red eyes Black Dragon! The boy revealed his face...

“Just a lil’ token I got from single handily driving those thugs off the island!” Weasel snickered. “Just being the civil servant that I am in my heart of hearts~“

@Inkachu1251

"Hmmm, that's not a bad idea Tracy. I've got an idea for an attack, does anyone have blue lights? Whilst I cannot fire lasers, I can atleast copy the charging of the attack." Bob flashed a smile at Tracy as he began to grow excited about the competition again. "Food stalls huh? I'm going to have to be a bit conservative with my money then, I planned on buying some packs this weeks. If I can pull some good cards, it will be worth denying myself some festival food. If I'm really lucky, maybe I can get a Barrel Dragon or even a Gatling Dragon? Who knows, that's the fun of the packs." Chuckling to himself, his amusement soon got replaced with curiosity. "Bix, what does 'Trent out' mean? It reminds me of a trident, but I doubt that you mean that."

---------------

Willow smiled to herself as Tobias complimented Jira's outfit, perhaps mutual bonding over outfits that had plenty of passion but didn't look incredible? She didn't know and she wasn't going to judge, after all Tobias' costume was impressive in its own right. "They're cat ears yeah, had to represent Attorix' ears. I'll show you, gimme a sec." Grabbing her deck from the holster, she cycled through her deck before finding the card she was dressed up as. "Here she is, take a look. I know the ears aren't perfect, but the rest of the outfit should compensate for it. That and I simply didn't have the right ears." The Slifer Red handed the monster card to Tobias so that he could look at the card as long as he wanted. "Would you say it's accurate or nah?"

“Uh you know...T-Trent? The monster? The one that looks like a tree?? It’s funny cause it doesn’t move...and it’s an acting competition. So it would be boring....funny.”

He gave a sheepish, awkward laugh. He didn’t expect Bob to try and dissect his joke like that, ruining the entire point. It was like he was purposely trying to be an anti wingman.

“Hm, there are distinct similarities, yes. Though there is some...risk involved with this. Namely those of impure hearts that decide to degrade these costume to nothing more than candy for the eye...”

He of course was referring to a school which was 50% male, and of course, dressing up as a cat girl was going to have unseen consequences he intended on reminding her of.

Bob raised an eyebrow as Bix explained the joke. "Huh, that makes a lot more sense than a trident. I can't say I've seen that monster before, so the joke flew past my head. That's my fault though, I can see your train of thought now." To ease Bix' mind and the tension, the Ra Yellow chuckled at the joke. Smooth, real smooth. "Plant-like monsters never really caught my attention, since they're the opposite of machines. I guess I have some research to do, huh?"

--------------

Willow chuckled at Tobias' warning. "Of course I am aware of the risks that this costume has. Heck, that risk extends to most of the cards in my deck. My shield has my duel disk underneath it, so it is pretty sturdy and I can always use my sword. Whilst it is plastic, the hook can make some nasty injuries. I appreciate the concern, not many guys would warn me, but I can stand up for myself. Should I be unable to defend myself, I'm sure there will be staff around and students to call that behaviour out."

Tracy watched the group talk a little bit, laughing a little bit at Bix's joke.
"Yeah, I guess you do have to do some more research. I'm afraid that I don't have any lights or anything, but maybe we could ask around?" Tracy said. "Now c'mon! You said that the contests start in an hour, right? I want to get some food and do some carnival games before then."
With, Tracy began to make her way towards the concession area. She glanced back at the trio of boys.
"So, did you all meet each other at Duel Academy or did you know each other before?" Tracy asked the three.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira glanced at Willow as Tobias spoke to her. She did look rather attractive, and Jira quickly looked back to Tobias.
"We should probably start heading to the event. Do you think that we could persuade you to leave your fort for a little bit during the party? I heard there's supposed to be games and stuff." Jira asked Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is so dumb..." Dahlia muttered, leaning against one of the game stands. Moving Duel Monsters Spirit Day up a week had really messed things up for Dahlia. Originally, she was planning to go as a modified version of the Krystal Avatar card, with slightly less crazy armor. It would have been a perfect outfit, maybe a little homemade compared to other costumes from Obelisk Blue, but would have been great! Unfortunately, with the event being moved up a week, Dahlia hadn't been able to get the costume done in time. So she had managed to throw together a costume last minute. Using some clothes borrowed from her dormmates, as well as a light cut-up blanket and a prop sword, Dahlia had managed to throw together a Warrior Lady of the Wasteland costume. Dahlia had obtained a wide-brimmed hat and thigh-high green boots from her dormmates, used a tight green skirt of her own, and modified a green-shirt of hers for her top. Dahlia had cut up a light black blanket to use as the cape, and gotten some bandages from the nurse's office to wrap around her left arm. While the costume looked a little homebrewed, it was still obvious that she was dressed as Warrior Lady of the Wasteland.

The Obelisk Blue girl had never really been a fan of dressing up in costume, but it was a school event. She would have seemed rather out of place if she hadn't participated. But there was no way she was going to do that acting contest, no way, no how. Dueling in front of a crowd was one thing, but full on acting and posing? Dahlia had no intentions to go down the route of the idol.

“O-Oh! Okay!”

Bix made a move to keep up with her while Braxer laxly tailed behind at a respectable distance. Looking at some of the games, it was clear to see people throwing Kuriboh designed balls at targets, horseshoes, an Inferno Hammer themed High striker game, and many many more. With the amount of people around it was sufficient to say that laughter and buzz were in the air, a far welcome change than panicking and screaming.

“S-So! Braxer and I met when Weas-“

Braxer cleared his throat from behind him, reminding him to be careful with his words.

“When uh...W-Weasel introduced us! Then Bob kinda came later after a lot of convincing. H-How about you?? W-What’s your story?? How’s you get here??”

“Hm...one would hope.”

Tobias responded to Willow moments before he was questioned if he’d leave his costume to participate. The archaeologist put his hand to his chin in thought.

“Perhaps...it could be used as a mobile base of operations. I do not care for being swamped with the crowds.”

he pointed towards the exit, or where the exit would be if he weren’t inside his bunker of a costume.

“...Shall we?”

"You say lots of convincing, I hear annoying me to death. I'd get like ten requests to be friends with them per hour, I wish I kept a tally of them. Although Weasel and these two were a massive pain in my side, I've come to appreciate their presence. It beats sitting alone all the time, I didn't really know anyone before Bix, Braxer and Weasel decided to take me in for lack of a better world." Bob joined in smoothly with his own somewhat distorted version of the truth, stroking the sides of his stomach once before realizing what was missing. "I miss my pockets, how do people live without them? They're way too useful to just forget." After voicing his opinion on pockets, the Ra Yellow looked around and lit up as he saw the different games, even a crane game or two. "Man, those things are so rigged! I wanna try and see if I can beat one, even if it's totally not worth the effort. What games do you wanna play, Braxer?" The machine user looked up to the tall Slifer Red. Even with the novelty of his size wearing off, he still couldn't help but be impressed by just how big he was. "I hope there's a team game here somewhere, like air hockey or something."

----------

"After you, gracious host." Willow bowed, starting to get a bit used to Tobias' mannerisms. From what she gathered, he was a bit of an introvert and she could not judge someone for being who they are. As long as he didn't hurt anyone, which was pretty plausible in her mind given the kid owned a sword and walked around as a glorified cinder block, she'd let him do his thing. "So Tobias, what games do you like to play? Other than Duel Monsters of course, perhaps a high striker? I'm positive there's at least one thing out there you'll enjoy and it is not just limited to the games, the food counts too. After all, it can't be worse than the Slifer meals which really is not saying a lot."

“They won’t. Believe me. But just make sure to keep your nose close to the ground from now on...don’t want anyone to get hurt without reason now, would we?”

Then, Weasel walked away, leaving him with that warning...or was it a threat? It was hard to tell with his kid like demeanor.

“Them crane games? Ah, we always win ‘em cause Weasel-“

That’s when Bix slowed down just enough to elbow his side, the stout Slifer red realizing what Bix meant. Clearing his throat, he corrected.

“Cause Weasel...figured out the trick to ‘em. Yeah.”

Shaking his head, he instead focused on the games at play here. Stroking his chin, he put his bone club on his shoulder.

“Dunno, sounds like that High Striker one is meant for me.”

“Well that was an o-obvious one.” Bix joked, going closer to his female companion. “A-A-And uh, w-what would you wanna do ms...?”

“I do not play games.” Tobias spoke bluntly. “Even Duel Monsters is more history and has basis in professionalism. I’ve never had the leisure nor the inclination to play ‘carnival games.’ Besides, It is common knowledge that they are rigged in favor of the house.

Tobias crossed his arms, looking away. It appeared as if he wasn’t happy about this fact, or that he wasn’t pleased with going into the crowds in general. He always played the stalker, being in the shadows and behind the scenes rather than on the forefront. Heck, even his costume perfectly hid him from being seen by anyone.

Kenny shook his head at the words of Goule. "You really don't get it. Gaia is something more, something greater than just life and death." Kenny's eyes twinkled as he spoke. Gaia was his favorite monster for a reason, and while his entire spiel may come over as cheesy, he truly did believe in the things he said.

Though he wasn't quite sure himself why he was trying to have this conversation with Goule. His idea about life and death was about as alike to Kenny's as light is alike to darkness. And if there was one thing chaos had taught him, it was that light and darkness could easily coexist, but would hardly ever merge to create one.

"And, for the record, I don't mind if the path I've chosen is dangerous," Kenny continued, relaxing his lance-arm, "Gaia didn't become a legendary knight either by avoiding that which threatened him. It's his, and by extension my, responsibility to face that head-on." He shook his head. "Besides, from what I've seen you do, I'd say your path is also plenty dangerous."

Kekeke...I admire that naïveté of yours. But I’m afraid that no being can outlast life or death.”

Goule found it interesting to hear from someone so full of life, romanticizing about their hopes and dream and those they believes in. There was a time he was much like that. He chuckled darkly at Kenny’s last statement.

“Heh...you’ve got that right. I know my future is only going to be suffering for eternity in the hell pit below. So it’s about preparation in the world above that matters. Who knows? Perhaps your soul isn’t quite as lost as mine, perhaps the spirits shine on your future. Perhaps this Gaia...”

He caught himself, a coarse laugh rattling through his slender hunched frame.

“Heh...got a little ahead of myself. All I know is your future is indeed brighter than mine. I do so wonder what lies ahead for you. You should be able to sail smoothly...heh...or not.”

Hold up. Did Goule just... Well, he didn't outright agree with what Kenny said, but he also didn't disagree or dismiss his words, which was more than enough to take him by surprise.

But rather than that, he also felt something else tug at his heart. Some form of...sympathy, maybe? Goule sounded pained, as if he were remembering something from his past. Kenny felt inclined to ask, but then realized how hypocritical he'd sound. After all, wasn't he the one who blew up at the zombie duelist for prying?

"Maybe so," Kenny replied after pondering over Goule's words, "Who's to say? For how great a knight Gaia was, he's not remembered much. Black Luster Soldier, yes, but not Gaia himself, in his original incarnation. The future didn't hold much for Gaia until his transformation into Black Luster Soldier was completed." Kenny pensively stared at his lance. "But I guess the future is something we build ourselves, anyway, as cheesy as it sounds."

The wannabe Gaia duelist pried his eyes away from his weaponized duel disk, studying Goule's face. The boy's words earlier hadn't quite left him, and he doubted that he'd ever see him in the same light again. Kenny sighed. "Anyway, that's enough of that. Today's a day of celebrating and fun, and I have to admit I'm curious to see the costumes of the others. Feel like checking those out?"

Tracy thought for a moment when Bix asked her how she got to Duel Academy before responding.
"There's really nothing super interesting about that, to be honest. I always really liked Duel Monsters. My parents, too. So I, uh... went to a dueling prep school with my friend, Dahlia. I did okay there, I guess. Well enough to be put into Ra Yellow." Tracy said and shrugged. She gave Braxer and Bix a curious look when one elbowed the other. Because Weasel... what? This was the second time this conversation where the two Slifer Reds were about to say something about the skunk-haired 'detective', only to interrupt themselves and change it. It made Tracy think back to her duel with Weasel and Bob. The Slifer Red had put on a nice face, but... looking back, it had seemed to Tracy more like a mask. Like that Obelisk Blue she had dueled on the first day. However, unlike the Obelisk Blue, it had appeared that Weasel's mask had only 'cracked', and not been completely discarded. And then there was the whole thing Dahlia told her about the hot springs...

Bix asked Tracy about what game she would be trying, snapping the Ra Yellow out of her thoughts and pushing them to the back of her head. These three seemed so nice, and everyone else in school seemed to like Weasel. Then again...

Tracy looked over the carnival games, her smile slowly returning.
"I think I'm going to try my luck with that balloon dart game." Tracy said, pointing to the stand she mentioned. "Do you think that they're going to have card packs as prizes? If they do, you might be able to knock out two birds with one stone Bob. Play a game, and get some new cards!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! Let's do it!" Jira said. The Slifer Red attempted to lift the side of Tobias' costume, surprised at the weight of the block. Tobias had made it look rather easy! While Jira appeared to be struggling a bit more, the Slifer Red still managed to slip out of Tobias' "costume" and put it back down gently. He let out a breath, then opened up a video call with Tobias. Jira put the phone in the breast pocket of his sweatshirt, making sure to have the camera pointing outward so Tobias would be able to see.
"You getting the video?" Jira asked Tobias through the Ra Yellow's costume.

Goule shook his head, snickering creakily at the naive tone in the boy’s voice. The perspective of those who haven’t peered beyond the veil was both refreshing as well as something to be pitied. The pale zombie costume wearing boy shrugged it off, laughing with a wheeze at Gaia’s biggest fanboy’s words.

Hehe...after you, oh-valiant-hero~.”

“Oh that’s lovely...”

Bix half payed attention, the other half was staring at her and her lips moving up and down. The last time a girl has ever talked to him this close was when his mother scolded him for not doing the dishes.

He snapped out of his thoughts upon the reference to the carnival games she wanted to play. Naturally, he wanted to do exactly what she did.

“U-Uh, yeah! Sure, we can do that! For the uhm...cards anyway...”

Tobias, after Jira had left the confines of his costume, took out his phone. Answering the video call, the Ra yellow uttered back into it.

“Yes, I see the video. Nicely done.”

What he didn’t quite expect however, was that in order for him to look at the screen, he needed to hold it in his hand. And to do that, it meant he didn’t have the hands available to lift his rather heavy costume. Noticing this fault, he looked around, he removed one of the chip bags from the wall and stuffed it in a container. He propped up the phone where the bag used to be, using it as a reference.

“Alright, situation is nominal. We may now proceed at a pace.”

Bob's ears perked up at the mention of Weasel. "When I find him, I gotta ask him how he does that." Walking forward to the crane game, the Ra Yellow pushed his face against it as much as possible as he let out a gasp and his voice raised an octave. "A Blowback Dragon plushie! Oh, you're mine! Forget the whole contest, I found my prize!" Sticking his tongue out of the corner of his mouth, he began to play. "Gotta get those claspers between the legs, let's go." Keeping his eyes on the rigged machine, he replied to Tracy absentmindely. "Perhaps, make sure to aim well. Can't miss them like an opportunity or a family member, dang it!" The plushie fell out of the claws, causing Bob to grow frustrated. "That thing barely moved! Oh, I gotta talk to Weasel about this." Throwing in another coin, the crane song and dance began. Over and over, with a frustrated Ra Yellow and an increasingly empty wallet. "I will get you even if it is the last thing I do! If I fail, my name is not Bob Richard Lerdwich!"

---------------

"Well, can't force you to do anything you don't want to. Hope you're gonna have a fun day today though." Willow shrugged with a smile as she followed Jira out of the sturdy, yet suffocating costume. She preferred the breathability of her own costume over the brick that Tobias was going to carry around. Crouching in front of Jira, the Slifer Red grinned and waved. "Heya Tobias, how's life in there?" The girl asked.

“Allow me.”

Beside Bob came a familiar voice. A small boy dressed in a oversized blue dark magician-esque hat came up to him. The outfit was familiar, like a monster a certain kid duelist used. Giving a lick of an oversized lollipop, he scooted his body right next to the exit slot to the machine. His cape covered what he was doing.

The short stack then unveiled a pair of tongs that they quickly inserted into the prize section of the machine. Reaching up with the tongs, they gripped the barrel of the beloved toy, pulling in in through the prize corner and out in the open. The boy turned around to face Bob, revealing the face of none other than Weasel!

“Heh, fitting gift from me to me don’t you think? I think he compliments my eyes.”

“Satisfactory.” Tobias simply replied back, unsure if Willow was being patronizing. “How’s it...out there?”

Bob looked at the boy who got the plushie in one try and took a step back in shock. "Weasel! What the hell?! There are people looking for you and you're at this festival? How the hell did you pull that off? And you don't even use machines, there's plenty of other plushies in there. Why must you get that one? I spent like half of my allowance trying to get it and did the most work!" The Ra Yellow placed his hands on his hips, having mixed feelings about the appearance of the hooligan. He was happy he returned, confused as to how people missed him and annoyed that he stole the Blowback Dragon plushie right under his nose. He huffed as he turned his head, casting a glare at Weasel and the plushie. "Red and gray aren't even that good of a match with your eyes, do you need a mirror or something?"

----------

Willow smirked, the short answer was exactly what she expected from Tobias. "It's nice out here. Sun's shining, gentle breeze, good company, no lessons, what more can I ask for?" As if to prove her point, she stood up and spun around once before stopping. "Where are we going? There's plenty of stuff to do."

Weasel feigned taking offense to Bob’s words, Putting his hand on his chest. Putting the plushie close to him as if to comfort him. Then he got a snide smile.

“What do you mean? I’m Fabulous.

Weasel flicked his tie, allowing it to dramatically flow in the wind. The shortstack then took more of his usual sleazy stance.

“C’mon now, they can wait for me. Besides, I was off removing the rest of those thugs from the island single handily. I even got the card they were looking for back from the clutches of their boss~!”

He then took the jaw of Blowback dragon, making it go up and down to match his words.

“Your so bwave weeszul!” He made the robot plushie say. “I would wuv to wive on your shwelve forwever!”

He knew just how much that irritated Bob, pressing the right buttons to toy with him.

"I never said that you weren't, those are your words." Bob countered the comment about Weasel being fabulous, a far stretch given he was more akin to a sleazy rat than a fabulous peacock. "You might sell yourself as a hero, but for all I know you could've been napping in a bush somewhere. If you took that card back, why don't you show it?" Hoping to catch Weasel in his own lies, he got riled up as the Slifer began playing with the plushie.

"It doesn't even sound like that, Blowback Dragon doesn't have a voice box that is capable of human speech. You know what it sounds like, you dueled side by side with it." As usual, Bob had no idea what to do with his feelings and it painted an image that was laughably sad. He wanted to get mad, but knew that Weasel wanted him to get mad. Unable to find a middle ground, the Ra Yellow stood there, eyebrows furrowed and the corners of his mouth fighting immense gravity.

“Psssht, just ask that red eyes dork we dueled with. He’ll tell ya everythin’. I gave the card back to him. Buuuut you need not worry your little head about any more of those dumbos on the island.”

Weasel giggled like a kid as he fed off of Bob’s frustrations about having the plushie in his possession. He looked right up at Bob, saving this image to memory. It was delicious. Knowing his principles about pranking fellow hooligans, he gave a loud laugh, Weasel tossing the plushie up into the air.

“Ha! If you love him so much, catch him fanboy!”

Tracy watched as Bob became absorbed in the claw machine game, giggling slightly. Wasn't he just talking about how he didn't want to blow too much money? The Ra Yellow girl turned to head towards the balloon and darts game. Putting down some money, Tracy got a dart. The rules were simple. Pop a balloon with the dart, win a prize. Simple enough. Taking the dart in her hand, Tracy aimed at the board of balloons carefully. Having selected a target, a green balloon, the D.D. dressed girl threw the dart. It arced through the air, spinning slightly. It hit the balloon, but not point first. The dart bounced off the balloon, falling to the ground and leaving the balloon unpopped. Tracy sighed.
"Dang it." She said. She glanced over to Bix. "You wanted to give this game a try too, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright!" Jira said. The Slifer Red began to make his way out of the dorm, the phone in his pocket so that Tobias would be able to see. Coming to the front entrance, Jira propped open the double doors so that Tobias would just be able to squeeze his walking bunker through.
"So, Willow. Are you looking forward to any games, or that acting competition?" Jira asked.

Bob reacted surprisingly fast considering his outfit and grabbed the plushie as he let out a deep sigh of relief. "Thankfully it's not damaged, that would be horrible. Wouldn't it?" He glared at Weasel before moving his free hand to the location of pockets, only to find that there were none. "Fine, then I'll just do this." Pulling on his chestplate, the Ra Yellow student created a small opening in which the Blowback Dragon plushie got stuffed. Only its head stuck out and directly above it was an incredibly proud and giddy Bob with a grin from ear to ear. "At last! The Blowback Dragon plushie belongs to me!" It was odd to see Bob fully embrace his emotions, but he couldn't care less about his image. His day could not go wrong anymore! "Now what was that about that Red-Eyes user? Did he throw a fit?"

----------

"I'm looking forward to both really, though I just wanna have a good time today. If I don't win any prizes, so be it. I'm happy enough to just spend some time at a festival. It beats the classrooms, doesn't it?" Helping Jira with the gate, Willow smiled at the Slifer Red. "What about you, what are you looking forward to?"

The more costumes Kenny saw around, the more he questioned how he'd ever expected to win this event. I mean, sure, his lance and helmet were kinda cool, but there were tons of students with equally impressive or even more impressive props. And that wasn't even mentioning his clothing. He sighed. Unfortunate. It would have been nice to show off his Gaia monsters in a fitting attire, but he knew when he was outmatched.

Kenny stretched his free hand lazily, deciding he'd seen enough of the costumes of the other students. It would only serve to make him feel miserable about his own, anyway. "Wasn't there something else to do today? Like, other events or something of the kind?" he asked Goule, who had apparently still tagged along with him.

Fen had gotten distracted listening to Kenny and Goules conversation, and forgot to show them his card, instead tagging along side them.
"I haven't heard anything about more events, that or i haven't been paying any sort of attention." he said, looking at all the peoples costumes.
He started a mental count of how many people went wearing the same costume, noticing the more common costumes.
"Man, what a drab, there must be SOMETHING else to do other that walk around and look at other peoples costumes," he wondered out loud. By bloody Ra just how many people decided to go as the most stereotypical monsters? How many Dark Magicians am i going to SEE? he wondered.

Bix watched as his female companion missed the balloon she aimed for. Regardless of her missing, he found himself admiring her throw.

“W-Well, you got close!” He attempted to complement. “Watch this!”

He tossed the dart with his eyes closed, hitting the pillar. The dart bounced off and bonked the tail end of it on his forehead.

“Yowtch!”

He massaged it as the dark fell to the ground, not sure how exactly that happened. He opened his eyes, smiling sheepishly to his friend.

“I-I uh...meant to do that. Like that party trick...?”

Weasel rolled his eyes at Bob’s antics. He fits right in with Braxer and Bix, despite how much he’d argue otherwise. Weasel shrugged, putting his hands behind his head.

“Heh, hell if I know. That loser probably is fawning over that card like you are over that stuffed animal. Should I leave you two alone?”

Goule was lost in thought during the event, pondering how people got the materials for the costumes on such short notice. That’s when Kenny asked him a question.

“Hm....? Think they might have a costume show...in like ten minutes. But I’m wondering if I should attend or get back to my experiment back in my ritual chamber...”

Goule wasn’t one for parties, but he appreciated the effort put into the atmosphere. Were his two companions just as restless as him?

"First of all, it is not a stuffed animal but a stuffed machine. Second, this thing is damn soft and something I wanted for a while. To answer your question, you don't need to leave us alone. You're already here, I say stay with us and enjoy this festival. What's your outfit? GaGaGa Child? What's next, you pull out a car battery for GaGaGaBolt?" Bob scoffed, keeping an eye on his newly acquired plushie "Bix's got his eyes set on two Ra Yellow girls by the way, dude's getting more desperate by the day. Think we gotta visit a vet or something?" The Ra Yellow joked, Bix really was hounding after every girl he set eyes upon and it was getting a bit creepy.

“What's your outfit? GaGaGa Child? What's next, you pull out a car battery for GaGaGaBolt?"

That’s when Weasel brought out two jumper cables at comical timing, grinning as he squeezed the handles.

“Don’t tempt me to use it.” He teased. “Maybe if we gave our little wimp a limp he would leave well enough alone. Don’t tell me he’s already got a harem after I leave for one day? Thought you would keep them in check.”

Seemed like Weasel was fully aware of Bix’s girl obsession, but it was still unsure if he was joking with the jumper cables in relation to the scrawny Slifer.

Bob had to refrain himself from facepalming, resulting in a pained expression. "Why do I have the feeling those things actually work? At times like these, I'm happy to be on your side. To my defense, one of the girls ran away from him and Tracy over there seems to be oblivious to his actions which is a good thing in my opinion." The Ra Yellow looked over at Bix and Tracy, it seemed that they were both not doing too well at the dart throwing game. "Can't believe he's allowed near sharp objects, he's gonna poke his eye out." The machine user sighed as he commentated. "So, how've you been Weasel?"

Huh. Kenny had completely forgotten the other guy -Fen, was it?- tagged along with them. "I think I heard something about stalls and games and such, but..." Kenny cut himself off. He hadn't exactly paid much attention to the announcement. Still, it shouldn't be all too hard to find where the action was. Kenny pointed to a group of students. "Just gotta follow where the crowd goes to find the action, I guess."

He perked up even more when Goule mentioned a costume show. Maybe Kenny's costume wasn't the best, but he'd be damned if his Gaia impression wasn't on point. Well, apart from his missing steed and his lack of combat abilities. "Yeah, that costume show is something I wanna see," Kenny replied, opting to ignore Goule's remark about rituals for his own sanity, "You wanna come with, or...?"

Weasel rolled his eyes at the antics about his loose gang. It seemed as though without his steady hand at the reigns, his triad had become pretty wild. Was time to hone it in a little when he got settled in.

“Oh you know, the usual. Got to ride a helicopter, that was nice.” Weasel joked. “Ya know, turns out that if you bully a bully hard enough, they squeal like little pigs.”

Goule contemplated for a moment weather or not he should go back to his room. Instead of doing so, he found himself gravitating toward Kenny’s solution.

Heh...alright. I can see what the creative minds of our generation have made.” He said as he coughed a white powder from his lungs.

Bob raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure if you're being serious or pulling my leg, but I'll bite. Who owned the helicopter? Did Kaiba himself grant you access to his private island or something and will you bust out a Blue-Eyes White Dragon or something? Given you have freaking jumper cables for GaGaGaBolt, I wouldn't be too surprised if you did. Speaking of bullies, Crowler's been made principal after the invasion. I don't know what things will change, but you're probably the only Slifer Red who's safe from his plans. I don't know what you're scheming underneath that skunk hair of yours, I never do, but I thought you'd like to know that. Perhaps you can use your brownie points for something? The finals have still yet to be played, probably because you were gone. Don't think you missed anything else, aside from a curse removal duel in front of the Ra Yellow dorm. It was far from fun, this living corpse looking kid kept going on and on about spirits and curses before drawing a pentagram on the floor. Honestly, I'm surprised my walls don't leak blood every night, but I've yet to see how a full moon influences this stuff." He involuntarily shuddered before looking at Tracy again. "The girl's name is Tracy, the one who banished Powerhold and who went crying after we dueled her. And whilst we're on the topic of dueling, you still owe me a Kid Cache. Don't think you can get off the hook that easy, you slippery weasel."

Weasel blinked as as Bob ran his mouth like a machine gun, babbling on about many MANY subjects. Weasel frowned, raising his hand up to cut him off.

“Woah woah, kill the motor Bobby.” Weasel interrupted. “I know I’m your only joy in life, but you gotta give me a second to respond.”

Weasel unpacked the baggage that Bob had dropped, electing to ignore most of it. He’s like a giddy little schoolgirl glad that her crush his back.

“That Kid Cache will come soon enough, after I’m done revealing myself to the public eye, can’t have my flashy entrance being ruined, now can we?” He responded with a snicker. “Besides, seems like you are bunkin’ it with satanists nowadays aren’tcha? Why, with me gone your standards surely do plummet.”

Bob scoffed and crossed his arms, looking at the couple-in-making and Braxer. "Please, you wish you had that honor. I've got plenty of amusement in my life and before you ask, it is not an illegal gambling ring or crying in a corner. That's more your thing and for the record, I did not invite that kid. He just showed up out of nowhere after I got the nurse to check up on the girl. If I had a say in the matter, we'd stick to the realm of science instead of the realm of the spirits. The farthest I'm willing to go into uncharted territory is the existance of aliens and that's because we exist. If life can exist here, why can't it exist elsewhere?" Making eye contact with Weasel again, he smirked. "Besides, you're assuming that I had standards to begin with. I hang out with you for crying out loud. Now about that flashy entrance, what you got planned? Some kind of sick prank? Or are you going to celebrate by duelling Crowler? If so, the central duel ring is only for Obelisks ever since Crowler took office. Luckily, my handiwork has yet to be detected. Given only Obelisk Blues are allowed near that thing, they're the only ones who could be a suspect. No Slifer or Ra would dare to mess with Crowler after all, but I think they'll like the end result."

"Eep!" Tracy exclaimed when Bix's dart bounced off a pillar and hit him in the forehead. For a moment, Tracy feared that the Slifer Red was going to be stuck in the head by the dart. But it had simply bounced off his head, not even leaving a mark. Tracy couldn't help but to chuckle at Bix's sheepish expression.
"Well, maybe next time aim with your eyes, huh?" Tracy joked. Tracy purchased another dart, making another attempt at popping the balloon. This time the dart missed the balloon, sticking into the corkboard next to her target. The Ra Yellow girl let out a disappointed sigh, leaning against the counter and looking around the grounds. Maybe she should try a different game instead.

As Tracy look around, she noticed that another student was talking to Bob. They were dressed in costume of a familiar monster that Tracy had seen before, but couldn't quite remember. The student also seemed rather familiar. Tracy nudged Bix.
"Hey, uh... Isn't that Weasel?" Tracy asked Bix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, most definitely! I think the break from lectures was definitely needed." Jira said. The Slifer thought for a moment before continuing.
"Well, I think that the acting competition is going to be fun to watch. I'm not going to do it, though, but it'll be fun to watch. I just want to see everyone's cool costumes. But I think they might have a bit of trouble beating Tobias's costume." Jira said, glancing back to the large stone block. Then the Slifer Red remembered that Tobias couldn't really see out of his costume unless it was through the phone, and turned back to the path.

"I'm also looking forward to some food trucks! I wanna get some funnel cake. Have you ever had funnel cake, Tobias?" Jira asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia was sitting in the grass when she saw a familiar face. Kenny, dressed as the monster Gaia the Fierce Knight. Accompanying him were two other students, one that was dressed in some sort of zombie monster or pale spellcaster, and another one dressed as some sort of warrior monster. Brushing off her Warrior Lady of the Wasteland costume, Dahlia approached the trio of students.
"Hey, Kenny. Nice costume!" Dahlia said to the Ra Yellow.

Bix felt embarrassed by the fact that he made a fool of himself in front of his crush, his face reddening and eyes shifting to their corners. After Tracy missed her mark too however, Bix felt a bit more at ease. At least she wasn’t better at everything compared to him. Then she said something rather odd.

“Weasel...?”

He looked about, a little in disbelief. He had been missing all day yesterday, for him to turn up like this— there he was! He seemed to have already found Bob too! He motioned over for her to follow as he called out.

“WEASEL!”

“Ha, best not to worry your little head off my stressed out friend. Everything is still going to plan from my plans from earlier~ in fact-“

“Weasel!!”

Recognizing the voice, he didn’t even turn around to greet it. “Oi...there goes the neighborhood.”

Glancing in his direction, he spotted not only him, but his ‘girlfriend’ a short distance behind. Braxer, upon hearing this, dropped his hammer onto the foot of the next guy in line, rushing toward him. He felt as though everyone in a block’s radius heard his name. Great. Wasn’t the reveal he was hoping for but now he would have to work with it. Several now on him, he shifted personas.

“Golly! It’s great to be back! Made it just in time for the festival too! Aren’t I lucky? Oh me oh my...”

Tobias closed his eyes, stroking his chin through his scarf when the question of food was brought to his attention.

“Never have I had the luxury to sample many delicacies or the like, simply because they weren’t what you needed to survive and depend on for an sustainable food source nor a stable supply line.”

Tobias then opened his eyes thrusting his hand out dramatically in a very Tobias-esque manner, very much visible to the camera on the video call.

“So then the moment is upon us! Go forth! Deliver onto me the finest cuisine that this festival has to offer!”

"Thanks!" Kenny grinned, greeting the Obelisk Blue girl with a wave of his lance, "I know the clothing's a little off, but had to make do with what I could get. I gotta say that I didn't expect the competition to be so stacked." He shrugged. "But that's okay. I'll bet the others aren't as well-synced with their chosen monster as I am, anyway!"

It didn't take Kenny a long time to figure out what monster Dahlia had dressed up either. The sword, the green clothing, and of course the trademark hat. "Warrior Lady of the Wasteland, right?" he asked, recognizing the famous female warrior, "Looks good on you."

He gestured at the two other boys with him. "Anyway, we were just about to head to... Uh, wherever the events are being held. That guy there's named Fen, and you've already...met Goule." Kenny inadvertently thought back to the ritual duel or whatever it was from the other day. His discussion with Goule earlier didn't make the events that happened that day any less terrifying.

Bob looked at Weasel who suddenly changed from little prankster to the sweetest person around and coughed 'Bullshit' in his elbow. "Welp, guess I'm not the only one who is surprised at your return. Welcome back dude, even though I was quite enjoying the peace and quiet." The Ra Yellow joked as he messed with Weasel's hair. "So, how about you tell these lovely people about your perilous adventures? I'm sure they're dying to hear them." Putting Weasel on the spot, he grinned as he crossed his arms. The Skunk Slifer might not mind the attention being on him, but it still felt good to put him on the spot like that.

-----

Willow raised an eyebrow, what did he mean with supply line? She thought that she was used to Tobias' manners of speech already, but this was a new detail. She was pretty sure that Jira knew what Tobias meant, and she was not going to pry into the Ra's personal history. "Roger that, we'll do our best!" The Slifer cracked a grin and mock saluted. "What kinda food do you like? There's plenty to go around, in the meantime I can try and think of how gladiators would've acted. After all, authenticity is bound to be appreciated. I've read some stuff about them when I was in Rome, but you can't get the true feeling of gladitorial life by just reading about it."

Raikiri looked into the sky as he sat below a tree. He was in no mood for carnival games, neither was he in the mood for social interaction. Unfortunately for him, someone else was.
"HEY IDIOT, WHAT'S WITH THE LOW EFFORT COSTUME?"
Raikiri looked up to see his younger brother Yohei screaming at him from afar. He figured that if he were to simply not respond, then his idiotic sibling would shut up. But Yohei had other plans.
"YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE FOOLING ANYONE WITH THAT EDGELORD ACT OF YOURS? YOU'RE A DUMBASS! I SURE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR UNIFORM IS ANY DIFFERENT FROM MINE IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA ACT LIKE THIS!"
That line got Raikiri.

Weasel scowled at Bob for a split second before returning his attention to the growing crowd. Bob thought he was so clever using circumstance to his advantage. Oh but he hoped Bob didn’t forget that there were consequences for attempting to prank a hooligan. He snickered as the crowd came up.

“Thought you were dead!” A voice in the crowd spoke.

“Did you get hurt?”

“Where have you been?!”

“Easy easy everyone!” Weasel raised his hands. “No need to stress about whittle ol’ me, I just beat away the rest of the thugs from this island, returned the stolen cards, and came back just in time for the festivities!”

There were whispers from the crowd, people chattering amongst themselves. It seems like there was discussion as to if that was true. Weasel sensed this, smirking, lifting what appeared to be a piece of cloth.

“This here is leader from their helicopter seats. I stowed away on board and beat all of those that tried to do meanly bully our school! Not only that, but you can ask Raikiri next time you see him, he’ll tell you alllll about the card I returned him. I know you have many questions, but I gotta see our dear principle about my return. Ciao~”

He waved the crowd off, the school children dispersing into groups that wondered what this meant. Especially with all of the talk about suing the academy for derelict of duty. Bix sighed in relief to see him back, turning his attention back to his lady friend.

I-I’m just glad he’s okay. Do you ever like...get that way? Where there is this person you care about...?”

Bix spoke, Turning it more into a romantic tie in towards her, averting his eyes as to not read her expression.

“Hmph.” Tobias responded, not exactly fond of the mock salute. “I request whichever delicacy you can procure than aligns with your upmost judgment, make no mistake.

He wasn’t sure how much the gladiator beast loving duelist understood, but he hoped it was enough to make do with at least half of his request.

Goule waved over to Fen trying to polite, but his stature and the creaking sound that accompanied it. He gave a smile that appeared to unnaturally fester on his face like a unhealthy growth.

He he he, its a pleasure to meet you.”

Tracy followed Bix, keeping at a bit of a distance as the crowd began to form. The Ra Yellow watched Weasel carefully. She could swear that it seemed that, at the moment he had noticed a crowd, Weasel appeared to... change. Not just his facial expression, but his entire posture, and the way he carried himself. She hadn't been imagining it! ...Right?

Tracy snapped out of her thoughts when Bix spoke up. The Ra Yellow girl looked over to Bix, before back to Weasel and Bob.
"What? Uh... yeah. I think it's normal to be concerned about your friends." Tracy said, more offhandedly. "Bix... what can you tell me about Weasel? You seem to like him a lot, and he sounds like a large reason why you're all together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sounds like a plan, bossman!" Jira said to Tobias, smiling with a toothy grin. Turning, the Slifer Red made his way to a stand titled 'Funnel Cakes and Fried Food'. It didn't take long for Jira to obtain the sugary carnival treat. Fried dough that was stuck together in strips, and covered in a heaping of powdered sugar. It was far from healthy, and very sweet. To be honest, it wasn't that good. But it was a staple carnival food that Jira liked, so that was enough for him. The Kaiju-dressed Slifer Red made his way back to Tobias' bunker. At the very least, it would be easy to find the Ra Yellow in a crowd. Jira lifted the costume, crawling under the stone wall and pushing the funnel cake in as well.
"Alright, here we go! Carnival Food #1, funnel cake!" Jira said. The Slifer Red tore off a sugary piece of fried dough, handing it to Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks!" Dahlia said when Kenny complimented her costume. "I was lucky, managing to throw this together at the last second. Moving the Spirit Day up a week really threw me off."
Dahlia nodded at Fen and Goule, doing a bit of a double take when she nodded to Goule. What she had thought was really good make-up was in fact the student's actual complexion. It took Dahlia a moment, but she did remember watching that strange occult duel while looking for Tracy... Either this kid was a really good actor, or he was just plain creepy. Dahlia was starting to lean towards the latter...
"It's uh.... good to meet you both..." Dahlia said, a bit hesitant at Goule's behavior.

Turning back to Kenny, Dahlia's smile returned.
"Looks like we're heading in the same direction, then." Dahlia said. "So how have you been? What's new?"
Dahlia looked back to Goule and Fen before addressing the group. "Do you three all know each other?"
"