• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

*a baby mosasaur hands a lenghty note, before studying some move cards and snooping in his caretaker's mail*

[Voice transcript translated from Dinotron v. 1.1.0 and Babbleon v. 2.1.4]
  • You're gonna have to do more than just a green note if you want me to put those leaf things in my mouth.
  • Is there a good reason why we still use rock, paper and scissors when fighting?
  • I'd prefer not go to the man in the white coat with that ears and heart thing again, thank you very much.
  • Uhh... look! There's a guy outside handing out free move cards!
  • Does this move card seem legit enough for them?
  • Please, don't girl! I'll give you this move card if you put away that toothbrush!
  • I'll even throw in some yen if you also put away that pill bottle!
  • Don't ask where I got the yen, it's probably better to respect the right of privacy.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Shazam was an okay DC movie, but not the best. That honor still goes to Wonder Woman. Actually, I plan on watching Wonder Woman again later tonight. Father is wonderful at being so kind as to buy me the DVD! I've been thinking of adopting another kitten in the near future... I miss having a cat in my life.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Finally received my two packages in the mail! Very pleased and being scouted already.
I'm hoping to really get a start on things by the start of next week... We'll see how the weekend goes first!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Eleven day until I get to see Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection in theaters. This means I have eleven days to rewatch the entire Code Geass series for the who knows how many times. Challenge accepted! >:D

Eleven day until I get to see Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection in theaters. This means I have eleven days to rewatch the entire Code Geass series for the who knows how many times. Challenge accepted! >:D

How was it? I have always been skeptical about this, as I have been burned far too many times on returns to nostalgic properties, and though there is a part of me that longs to see it, that trepidation is still holding me back. As a huge fan of Code Geass, how did you feel about it, and would you recommend it?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
How was it? I have always been skeptical about this, as I have been burned far too many times on returns to nostalgic properties, and though there is a part of me that longs to see it, that trepidation is still holding me back. As a huge fan of Code Geass, how did you feel about it, and would you recommend it?
My only issue was one I've had since the movie was announced and that is I feel like bringing Lelouch back undermines his sacrifice at the end of the series. That said, I still very much enjoyed it. The writing was just as good as it was a decade ago and the way they handled Lelouch's return worked. It also sort of helps that it's set in an alternate universe. I'm sure you know about the three compilation OVAs that came out. They don't just retell the original anime, they change a few events, so Re;surrection is a continuation of that. This means that the conclusion to the original series is equally canon to this new retelling in the same way that Fate Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works are different versions of the same events so you can enjoy both while still saying "I like this route better." It's a good watch so I do recommend it, though now that it's out of theaters, you'll have to wait until the DVDs come out.

Does anyone have any advice on how to stay hyped for Sword & Shield? The recent trailer helped at first, but the National Dex controversy just got worse with the debates on graphics, game models, & the Chinese bootleg game . Now it feels like my hype’s completely gone again :(

I know the smartest thing to do is to just avoid it, but it feels difficult at the moment when it’s practically the main thing everyone’s talking about on Twitter, YouTube, & other forums.

Does anyone have any advice on how to stay hyped for Sword & Shield? The recent trailer helped at first, but the National Dex controversy just got worse with the debates on graphics, game models, & the Chinese bootleg game . Now it feels like my hype’s completely gone again :(

I know the smartest thing to do is to just avoid it, but it feels difficult at the moment when it’s practically the main thing everyone’s talking about on Twitter, YouTube, & other forums.
The key might just be disconnecting yourself from most Pokemon fan groups- and then only watching the content put out by GameFreak or Nintendo itself. The rage has reached a boiling point and refuses to come down, so if you want to retain any hype? Just take a step back from those groups. Especially Reddit and Twitter. Since the absolute saltiest congregate there.

...Speaking of new games to get hyped over, I'm certainly excited for Fire Emblem Three Houses. Though some choices with the support system are a bit...well, I'm just a tad unhappy with some choices they took with that, but otherwise it seems to be a great, solid Fire Emblem game with an intriguing plot from what we know. But we won't know for sure until the game releases if this will be Fates 2.0 plot and character wise, so I await the 26th with something of a bated breath.

i don't know about you guys but in my opinion its weird that you never really hear or see about people fighting. at the very least i can not recall any instances. some pokemon are known for being martial artists like; machamp, hitmonlee, hitmonchan, hitmontop, infernape...ect. some pokemon like throh and sawk have taekwondo doboks on. in game you can even see people in karate Gis but you don't see people spare or train? i'm sure there's a reason for it but i still think its weird. as a martial arts enthusiast i consider it sort of a downer

I posted my Galarian Dwebble & Crustle designs on Deviantart & (while I’m all for constructive criticism) it’s a little annoying that someone posted three comments about how it’ll never happen because they’re classified as the “Rock-Inn” & “Stone Home” Pokémon

Nice to see someone go out of their way just to show me how wrong I am. (-_-)

I wish more people knew how cool tai chi was... it's not just old grandpas strutting their stuff in the park. Sure a lot of people do it simply for health benefit which alone is a valid reason. However its still a legit Martial arts style. The self defense aspects are still there and effective. That and the techniques have the funniest names. A couple... "lazy dragon lays on pillow", "tiger claws heart out" , golden rooster stands on one leg". Who is coming up with this stuff and where are they getting their inspiration from? My favorite one is "waving hands at clouds" when I hear that the first thing that pops up in my mind is an old man waking up in the morning and greeting the clouds.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
I love my MLP OC that I made. Its called a Valkyrie!
im3.ponyisland.png

I know a lot of people think nunchaku are cool cause of people like Bruce lee... but in my opinion nunchaku are overrated and kinda scary. I'm decent with a pair... not great but better than someone who never used them? Anywho they are kinda scary whenever I swing them by my head I hear the whipping sound it makes and even though I know I'm not going to hit myself I'm always scared I will. Luckily I rarely use them. They are also painful to the user. I cant count how many times I've reached behind my back to catch the other end only to smack the tips of my fingers. When I got my first wooden pair I was so happy. When I got home the first thing I did was swing them and immediately hit my funny bone. When my instructor was younger one of his roommates was messing with his nunchaku and accidentally knocked himself out.

Lately I've been making a lot of French toast. I've made so much French toast I've even been visiting my parents just for the sake of making some for my parents... I have a problem. I really enjoy making it. I don't even care about eating it
I just REALLY enjoy making it. I'm really glad my parents aren't the type of people to have interventions. :'|

I was thinking about making a RP thread but can't decide between which of my ideas (Found in my signature)
That sounds like a really cool RP anytime you get to be a gym leader is definitely cool. Though I'd probably rather be an elite four member if I had the choice... not quite though enough to be the league champion but stronger than your average gym leader. Not trying to insult the gym leader idea... just wanted to point out elite four are super cool.

That sounds like a really cool RP anytime you get to be a gym leader is definitely cool. Though I'd probably rather be an elite four member if I had the choice... not quite though enough to be the league champion but stronger than your average gym leader. Not trying to insult the gym leader idea... just wanted to point out elite four are super cool.
If I did make said Gym Leader RP, there won't be any people who become Elite Four or Champion.

Nah, the concept of that RP is meant to be a group of trainers who each use a specific Pokemon type go on a journey and overtime (very late in the RP) show the potential on becoming Gym Leaders.

I haven't changed this PFP ever since I joined charms, but I swore to myself that if Scorbunny was another Fire/Fighting, I would change the color of my avatar.

Although I don't know about a simple recolor, I might see about a completely different art style. (Maybe even request an artist or so)

Nice new PFP btw