• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

Well, right now she hasn't discovered how she affects people. So once she realizes that people will do what she wants, she'll abuse it a lot more. I think the optimal group for Sam definitely includes Orm and Tommy.
Sam is probably the person who is the weakest physically, so the tank is a good option. And should the whole hero jig not work, she can always become a twitch streamer to fall back on

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sam is probably the person who is the weakest physically, so the tank is a good option. And should the whole hero jig not work, she can always become a twitch streamer to fall back on
Exactly, but did you mean hero gig? Also, it would be interesting to know if her powers work over video

Exactly, but did you mean hero gig? Also, it would be interesting to know if her powers work over video
That's it.

It certainly is interesting. I'd assume that if Sam like radiates simp vibes, then it won't work over video. If she just somehow flips like a switch in the brain, then it might work

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
That's it.

It certainly is interesting. I'd assume that if Sam like radiates simp vibes, then it won't work over video. If she just somehow flips like a switch in the brain, then it might work
Well, the way I described it, it was the look of her that did it, especially when combined with her voice. I think that it would work over video considering this.

Well, the way I described it, it was the look of her that did it, especially when combined with her voice. I think that it would work over video considering this.
Twitch career, let's gooo! Gonna be the fastest growing person on the platform. Oh, the things that we can accomplish with this info

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I would say Null is Avast Anti-Virus, but for Anti-Simping.
also

Simping is unjust
Bahamut is the justice god
aint no way in hell kirin simping
especially not right now
Oh you think Kirin has a choice... that's cute.

Null might be able to steer him away from simping, but the overall desire to follow the ability would exist, there is no stopping that fact. The tier list was based on people's control resistance and the sad truth is that Kirin's control resistance is below average. Kirin has no choice but to fall for Sam's passive skill and beauty.

Oh you think Kirin has a choice... that's cute.

Null might be able to steer him away from simping, but the overall desire to follow the ability would exist, there is no stopping that fact. The tier list was based on people's control resistance and the sad truth is that Kirin's control resistance is below average. Kirin has no choice but to fall for Sam's passive skill and beauty.

is simping based off of AOE?
does simping negate AOE Passives?
do the passives both affect each other?

Because Kirins Aura of Demise would overpower simpage, i'd imagine
dread vs lust
which is greater?
all things i wonder...

or would you dreadfully simp for *cough* the trap *cough* i mean sam

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
is simping based off of AOE?
does simping negate AOE Passives?
do the passives both affect each other?

Because Kirins Aura of Demise would overpower simpage, i'd imagine
dread vs lust
which is greater?
all things i wonder...

or would you dreadfully simp for *cough* the trap *cough* i mean sam
I don't see how the Aura would negate it honestly, especially for you since Aura of Demise it doesn't seem to affect Kirin. I'd say that the two would simply overlap for everyone affected by them. It is a kind of area of effect passive, but it's more so if you see Sam, the effect has grabbed hold of you and will last until you've gone at least like an hour without looking at her (That's something I need to add in to the skill sheet)

I don't see how the Aura would negate it honestly, especially for you since Aura of Demise it doesn't seem to affect Kirin. I'd say that the two would simply overlap for everyone affected by them. It is a kind of area of effect passive, but it's more so if you see Sam, the effect has grabbed hold of you and will last until you've gone at least like an hour without looking at her (That's something I need to add in to the skill sheet)

"an hour"
holy shit what
that's
a really long time to be honest

so from what i can tell
if you block it out you can mitigate the effect, but the lesser your control the harder it is?
and i was thinking that the demise aura would act like Mold Breaker, (the effects of all ignorable Abilities [i.e. Abilities that could potentially negatively affect the success, damage, or effects of a move if possessed by the target of a move or its allies] are ignored for the execution of that move. For example, a Pokémon with Mold Breaker that uses Earthquake can hit opponents that have Levitate.) mixed with Neutralizing Gas (If the Pokémon with Neutralizing Gas is in the battle, the effects of all Pokémon's Abilities will be nullified or will not be triggered.)
since its hard to "have feelings" if you are stuck in despair.
idk though.
not going to lie, the simp is kind of... strong isn't it?
you cant really avoid looking at someone like that...
is it if you look at all no matter how close to an hour is over the timer resets or it pauses the time until you look away?

how the fuck would an emotionally unstable dragon work when simping
man this rp is reminiscent of fire emblem right now

i am confused
a

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"an hour"
holy shit what
that's
a really long time to be honest

so from what i can tell
if you block it out you can mitigate the effect, but the lesser your control the harder it is?
and i was thinking that the demise aura would act like Mold Breaker, (the effects of all ignorable Abilities [i.e. Abilities that could potentially negatively affect the success, damage, or effects of a move if possessed by the target of a move or its allies] are ignored for the execution of that move. For example, a Pokémon with Mold Breaker that uses Earthquake can hit opponents that have Levitate.) mixed with Neutralizing Gas (If the Pokémon with Neutralizing Gas is in the battle, the effects of all Pokémon's Abilities will be nullified or will not be triggered.)
since its hard to "have feelings" if you are stuck in despair.
idk though.
not going to lie, the simp is kind of... strong isn't it?
you cant really avoid looking at someone like that...
is it if you look at all no matter how close to an hour is over the timer resets or it pauses the time until you look away?

how the fuck would an emotionally unstable dragon work when simping
man this rp is reminiscent of fire emblem right now

i am confused
a
Eh I might tone it down, labbing it out still. Either way, I don't see how this applies to Kirin since it doesn't look like he's affected by his own Aura. Besides, the Simping just makes people more likely to go out of their way to help Sam, they wouldn't do anything completely against their nature. I also think people can want to go out of their way to help and want to be with Sam and still be kind of in a depressed state. If anything, your aura would just make it more of a toxic relationship, I think they still stack though. Also, how does your effect determine who's an enemy and who's a friend?

Eh I might tone it down, labbing it out still. Either way, I don't see how this applies to Kirin since it doesn't look like he's affected by his own Aura. Besides, the Simping just makes people more likely to go out of their way to help Sam, they wouldn't do anything completely against their nature. I also think people can want to go out of their way to help and want to be with Sam and still be kind of in a depressed state. If anything, your aura would just make it more of a toxic relationship, I think they still stack though. Also, how does your effect determine who's an enemy and who's a friend?

if they aren't trying to kill you/hold you hostage: friend
all else: evil.

so basically
we turn people into twitch simps?