• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ace Academy - Pokemon Trainer School RP

Leila listened to Mr. Redwood talk before glancing up at the groups. "It seems as if we're in different groups. I'll see you around then Brian," she said before getting up to find Noah. First class and there's already a battle. This'll be a good time to assess my classmates' fighting techniques. She glanced around for sometime before finally spotting him. She made her way over to him, noticing multiple scars when she neared. "Hello," she greeted. "I guess we're team-mates for this activity. I apologize ahead of time if I'm not the best teammate," she said. This is just for fun after all, right?

Noah looked up at the girl and said. "You must be Leila? I'm Noah, but I guess you already figured that part out. But I'm sure you'll be a great teammate. Just have some confidence!" He said standing up and looking down at her and then said. "I guess we're battling..... Hana and Monty! Let's go find then!" He said happily as he ran off to find them.

Confuse Ray! Perfect! If they were blind and confused, they'd either get so useless, they wouldn't be able to attack anyway, or they'd accidentally walk off the arena! At least, that's what Hana had to count on if they wanted a shot. Pocchi still only had Tackle, and some of the Pokémon she'd seen around...

Hana and Pocchi took their spots at Monty and Sentinel's side. To get the blood flowing and keep her caffeinated overdrive going, she started on some pre-workout stretches. One arm stretched to the other side, 1, 2, 3. Then the other way around! 1, 2, 3.

No matter whether or not she felt confident in her own abilities, she was going to take this fight seriously! That was a must!

Bog signaled to Brian that it was time to take their places on their side of the mini ice-stadiums. Bog took both of his Pokemon back to their respective balls and sat on the ground in waiting for their challengers. JC and Henry were going to be their opponents for the first round. Looking at their pictures it seemed like JC was a masked girl he had never seen before. Bog thought that she had to be a formidable trainer because no normal person would be wearing a mask unless they were some sort of Pokemon fanatic or something, at least that's what Bog thought. Henry was a purple-haired kid who, judging by the picture, seemed to be fairly young, a youngster perhaps?

Bog wasn't going to underestimate his opponents so his eyes started darting around the venue trying to catch a glimpse of his would-be rivals.

(Ah sorry stopped getting notifications for this @TheWanderer @Mystic Zander just to make sure that I am posting just for you two ^-^)

JC noticed a male walk up to her introducing himself to her. She gave a gentle smile before she spoke. "Greetings Henry, I'm JC and I'm actually surprised I got paired up with a guy since it rare that I don't" she chuckled. "But anyway, it will be a pleasure working with you Henry" she added extending a hand out to shake her hand as Blue appeared out of her hood showing her silvery shiny pelt. "Vee!" she smiled seeing the male. "So I guess we are team 4. What about you Shadow?"She asked her brother.

"I'm team 6, so we won't be together this time but can you handle it?" he asked her. "Of course I can brother, I'm not 5 anymore so I can handle it" she said a bit irritated. "Alright just checking sis hehe" he said before looking to Henry. "Take care of my sister for me alright Henry, you can always count on her for anything" he added before he had walked off to find his teammates. JC sighed in an irritating way before looking to Henry. "Sorry about him Henry, he is only looking out for me that's all" she smiled gently under her mask.

Shadow looked around a bit more before he saw a male a bit alone as if waiting for someone. He walked up before speaking. "Excuse me are you Zander?" he asked him looking to him under his black canine wolf mask. "I'm Shadow if you are looking for me" he added as Sparkx the Eevee appeared out of his hood to look around as her light blue bandana moved a bit giving a smile to the male. "Vee!" she said.

Brian nodded at Bogdan and followed him to their side of one of the ice stadiums which he honestly found fascinating; he knew Pokemon moves could be used for more than battling and this ice structure was a perfect example. Ralts and Gothita followed after their trainer before Brian got out their Pokeballs. "I'm gonna return you guys for now... maybe you can make an entrance?" He teased before he returned his Pokemon and put the Pokeballs in his outer coat pockets.

"I wonder what Pokemon we'll be facing up against." Brian said with slight worry, but the look in his eyes showed something else--they showed excitement for the upcoming battles and the chance to gain some Pokemon knowledge.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
"Yeah let's go," Leila said. She glanced around looking for their opponents. "So what pokemon do you have?" she asked while she was searching. "I have a Dhelmise and a Skrelp," she said, as she saw Hana and Monty. "Oh there they are, let's go," she said, a small smile on her face. This was going to be her first battle at the Academy, and she couldn't help but feel a little excited. However, that didn't mean she was going to try her hardest. No, pushing herself to her limit was reserved for emergencies. Having a partner complicated things, so now she wasn't going to not try either. She sighed for a moment before smiling. "Either way, this'll be fun," she murmured as they approached the pair.

Henry shook JC's hand. "Let's go down to the battlefields and see if we can find our opponents." he said, "I wonder what they'll be like. On that note, what Pokemon do you think you are going to use? Your shiny Eevee - who is really cool, by the way - or someone else? All I've got is my buddy here, Spike, so I'm set." With this, Henry pointed to the Togepi on his head. JC seemed like a good trainer, and had been relatively nice so far, so maybe this battle could work out after all. Henry walked down to the battlefields and located the two trainers set to be battling him and JC. They both seemed to be wearing hats, and one of them had... hot pink eyes? An odd choice, but who was he to judge? He had purple hair, for crying out loud!

(Btw Shadow has the same Pokemon as JC does just a normal colored Eevee and male Rockruff ^-^)

She looked to Henry before she spoke. "No, I only use her as a last resort and thank you but I am planning to use this girl who is in this Pokeball" she said pulling out a Great ball. "You will see her once we start battling our opponents but maybe we should discuss on stragety so we know how to do it correctly" she added as Blue slipped back into her hood to rest. She noticed the two trainers with hats and saw the one with hot pink eyes. This was a rare sight to see possibly even rare to see. "That's a unique trait to have don't you think Henry?" She asked him as she put the great ball away.

“That’d be me. And I’m assuming your Shadow.” Zander replied, giving his teammate a quick glance to somewhat get a read on what this individual may be like. Said attempt was quite helpful, as Shadow had turned out to be quite the...character, in terms of appearance at the very least.

“We should get to our area, our opponents are probably waiting on us. I’ll be using Gunter here, he’s my partner. Are you using your Eevee?” The chestnut haired boy questioned while gesturing for his ‘battle buddy’ to follow.

“Well he certainly looks confident. Guess we’ll see if bite is as bad as his bark...”

Shadow nodded no. "Actually no, I will be using this fella inside this Pokeball here" he said pulling out a Great ball as Sparkx his back into his hood. He let the Great ball open until a Rockruff appeared in front of him."This is Eclipse, I will be using him to help you, Sparkx is a last resort just in case, I can count of her when I need her the most. Also, yes I am Shadow, don't worry I'm not one to disappoint" he added before starting to walk. "Shall we then Zander?" He said. "Don't want to keep them waiting"he added before returning Eclipse.-

Last edited:
From afar, Elodie saw who seemed to be Shadow and Zander. ‘Wonder how much of a fight they’ll put up..’ She thought, clutching Dash’s Pokeball and brushing the paint with her thumb. Elodie had painted Dash’s Pokeball a mix of yellow, orange, and red to make a pretty color that fades in and out. Smiling to herself, she shouted to the other duo. “C’mon, don’t keep us waiting!” Elodie crossed her arms, smiling in a friendly way.

"Are you guys ready to start?" Monty called across the battlefield. Noah and a girl, Leila if Monty remembered correctly, were standing at the opposite end if the field from Monty and Hanabi. "Go ahead, Sentinel," Monty said to the Bronzor. Sentinel hummed in response and floated over the ice line and took it's spot on the battlefield. "Zorrr," it hummed to Pocchi, as if to say, "Come on!"

Noah nodded as he said. "You know it! Go, Flame! He said as he threw his pokeball out and Flame came out, looking very excited, but confused where he was as Noah then looked over at Leila and said. "You ready?" He asked her.

Looking around, It seemed as though some other trainers were beginning their battles.

“Ready to go, Kammo?” Jacob asked his partner, who gave an affirmative trill in response. Jangmo-o had already begun observing the field where the battle would take place, and was settling down a bit. “You’re going to give it your all, right?” Jangmo-o gave Jacob what could be considered a smile, it was hard to tell, really. “I thought so. This should be a piece of cake for you, huh.” Jacob was always sure to give his Pokémon plentty of encouragement. Confidence was half the battle, after all.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. But you know how it is, save the best for last and whatnot.” Zander replied in a somewhat nonchalant tone, giving a small wink to the opponents as he planted his feet firmly on the battlefield, giving the enemies and there teammates a quick glance before nodding to Gunter.

“Right, you know the deal. Keep light on your feet, keep both opponents in your sight, and be ready to back up your teammate. Got it?” He listed of advice with a firm tone, the nervousness that had once began making him hesitate was nowhere to be seen.

“Magby!” Gunter replied with the same look of determination, his eyes piercing straight through his targets as he made one large jump, landing almost perfectly parallel to his opponent on the field.

“Ready when you are.”

Shadow followed Zander to the field as he nodded at his words as he pulled out Eclipse's Great ball. "Yes, we must pay attention to our opponents and figure out a stragety" he said pulling down his hood only showing his hair only. "Eclipse! Lets go!"he said throwing the Great ball up until it opened. Eclipse flipped in the air before landing on the ground with a determined look on his face. "Ruff! Rockruff!"he said looking to Gunter nodding his head to help him in this battle.-

As the people around him began to send out their Pokemon, Henry took a deep breath. This would be his first battle at Ace Academy. He could not afford to screw this up. He took Spike from his head and placed him inside the ring of ice, where the little Togepi tried to make a fierce face which, as it turns out, is pretty difficult to do if you are essentially an egg. Henry looked over to JC. "Well," he said, "here we go." Neither of their opponents had their Pokemon out yet, so he couldn't quite formulate a plan. "I guess I'll try to wing it." he said, with some resignation.

As Brian watched as every pair began to make their way to the battling area, he decided to do the same and lightly beckoned for his partner to follow suit, he stood at the edge of the ring of ice opposite to the Togepi owner. "A Togepi, hm? I wonder what this adorable one will have in store for me." He thought as he got out a Pokeball and threw it high. "Alright Ralts, let's do this!" He said as Ralts emerged from the Pokeball with a graceful front flip and landed almost gracefully before he assumed a battle stance a lot like a boxer would put up while Brian simply put his hands in his coat pockets.

She looked to Henry then at her opponent in front of her. "-A ralts? Wolfa will do just fine-"She thought before glancing to Henry. "Don't worry, I'll back you up if you're in trouble so I won't leave Spike open to attacks so we have to trust each other" she told Henry before she grabbed out her Great ball. "-Wolfa stand by for battle!-" she thought throwing it in the air before it opened as Wolfa flipped herself before landing with a determined look on her face. "Ruff!" she said as a gem collar seemed to show around her neck as she looked to Spike giving a smile before looking back at her opponent.

"I guess I started a bit a late" Bogdan said as he grasped his Pokeball from his bag's back pocket. He tipped over his hat and, eyes darting around looking for the perfect angle for his Pokemon to attack while closing in the least distance, and after fixating to one point near his opponent's Rockruff, he throws his Pokeball considerably farther than his partners'. "Jackie, use Metal Claw!". The nimble Nincada jumps up from the Pokeball and dives down toward the pooch.

She saw the Nincada attack Wolfa first as she pulled down her hood as her dark brown long hair that was pulled up in a ponytail only showed. "-Wolfa dodge it and use your tail to hit it back!-" she told her. "Ruff!" she said leaping out of the way to dodge as she used her tail to hit Nincada Jackie back to its trainer a bit before she landed back in front of JC as she stood in a determined way. She folded her arms against her chest waiting for the next attack with her opponents.-

"She's wide open, Brian", Bog said to his partner. Bog did not expect the Rockruff's trainer to react immediately, especially given how little distance Nincada had to cover. Thankfully, the improvised Tail Attack did minimal damage to his Pokemon. Bog looked around the arena just in case, Henry pulled off any moves behind his back. Meanwhile, his Nincada sat in the corner opposite Rockruff

Argh! Henry grimaced. The Nincada with Metal Claw was bad news. It could hit both Spike and the Rockruff for super effective damage, and Metal Claw wasn't even a good move to Mirror Move in this case. Might as well roll the dice. "Spike! Unleash the power of pure dumb luck! Use Metronome!" Spike grinned, a wicked glint in his eyes as he wiggled his tiny hands back and forth, suffusing himself with the powers of chaos. The Togepi began to glow with a harsh light, that soon faded, until his eyes were the only things glowing, with a fearsome light. Energy began to flow from the small Pokemon in waves. "All right!" exclaimed a relieved Henry, "It looks like we got lucky! Spike used the move Tail Glow, which drastically raised the power of his special category attacks!"

She saw what Bog was trying to do as she looked to Wolfa. "-Watch every move Wolfa, don't let you guard down and make sure Spike won't go down easily-" she thought as Wolfa turned to her and nodded before waiting patiently on the battle ahead of her as she growled with determination. "-Hopefully I can turn this around before they do, but I trust Henry has something up his sleeve to help me out-" she thought crossing her arms against her chest.

"Looks like her Rockruff is on the defense, but both of them will take some serious damage from my Steel move given their typing, if I ever do manage to land a hit". Nincada's compound eyes ability allowed it to naturally have heightened accuracy so it was only a matter of time before she would land a move. "You can't dodge forever", Bog shouted mockingly. Tch! Going for either Pokemon was going to be risky for Nincada because Rockruff is a ROCK type and one well-placed move was dangerous, while going for Togepi was still very risky because of Metronome, and given my Nincada's large set of weaknesses it wasn't worth the risk. "Jackie! Stay put!"

Brian watched at the battle seemed to happen a lot faster than he thought. "Ralts, run toward the Rockruff and use Double Team!" Brian commanded as he pointed toward the Rockruff. Ralts did as he was told and bolted toward the Rockruff while another Ralts started to appear, and another, and another until twenty more Ralts' began to try and surround the Rockruff.

Bog watched as Brian's Ralts created lifelike afterimages in front of both his opponents Pokemon. The sheer density of the flickering clones provided a great cover for Nincada to hide behind. Thanks to Nincada's Compund Eyes, the BUG type had no problem seeing through the wall of clones and into both Rockruff and Togepi. If Bog attacks first, Ralts will have a chance to counterattack if ever the attack is dodged, so it seemed like the perfect trap, at least for Rockruff. "Go, Jackie hit Rockruff one more time with Metal Claw!", Bog said as Nincada manages to come around by Pocchi's side and burst through one of Ralts' clones, its claws raised as it charges into the opposing Rockruff

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Leila nodded as she looked at the other group. "Go Mise!" she exclaimed as Dhelmise came out. She waited for the other team to send out their pokemon. "So do we have a plan or are we just going to wing it?" she asked her partner.

"Let's get this show on the road," Monty said as Noah and Leila sent out their Pokemon. "Sentinel, use Confuse Ray on the Litwick!" Monty commanded. Sentinel obliged, and as it spun in a counter clockwise motion a beam of dark purple energy began drifting towards the Litwick.

Mr. Redwood walked between each of the matches, taking notes on which trainers seemed most comfortable in battle, which were more in sync with their Pokemon, and which were more strategically minded.

JC and Wolfa instantly knew what they were trying to do. She is not an easy opponent to beat and she was going to show them. "-Wolfa spin and use Rock throw to hit both the Nincada and Ralts and then use Bite on the Ralts!-"she told her. "Ruff!" She said as Wolfa spun herself using Rock throw as they launched at a fast motion hitting the Nincada and knocked off the double team from the Ralts. She followed with Bite as she bit down on the Ralts as it gave a bit of damage due to the move being a dark type move.

Wolfa stopped spinning before she regained her ground again facing her opponents. "Hm, not bad my fellow opponents, you were trying to confuse Wolfa here with Double team and make Nincada hit her once she was distracted,very good stragetic indeed" she complimented giving a gentle smile under her mask which she slightly lifted for them to see.-

Nincada nimbly turned her back from the rocks, managing to pull off a half-baked Harden, however the hit still did considerable damage due to the type disadvantage. Thankfully Jackie's still standing. "It's like her Rockruff can see the future. Not to mention that the trainer managed to react to Jackie's surprise attack. She's no regular trainer, be careful", said Bog to Brian. Suddenly, Bog felt a chill in his spine as he realized how strangely powerful his opponent was. Bog glanced at the other trainer, Henry, and he glanced back at JC.

"Jackie, Sand Attack!", Bog said and at the same moment Nincada plants her claws to the ground and shovels up a hefty amount of ground creating a brown barrier with a few ice crystals between the two teams. "This should leave us some time to rethink our strategy", Bog assured Brian.

Monty & Hana vs. Noah & Leila

Hana covered her eyes. Of course! Of course, they got the team Pocchi couldn't attack, anyway! Two Ghost types!? They had to be joking! She took a deep breath and a swig of caffeine. "Remember the plan," she said to herself. "Pocchi! Sand Attack!" She didn't say a word on which Pokémon to target-- If the other team heard her specify that, they'd be sure to get out of the way, wouldn't they?

Pocchi saw Sentinel go after the one that would cause it more trouble, so decided to cover the one that would give him more trouble: Dhelmise. The Rockruff turned around and shoveled dirt and ice crystals straight for the compass-looking eye on the huge barnacle-covered anchor.

“Go on, Dash!” Elodie let out the horse Pokemon, it neighing on cue when her hooves touched the loose dirt of the battlefield. “You ready, Jacob, Zander and Shadow?” Elodie liked to check in with her teammates and her opponents before she started a battle, to make everything fair and in some cases stall. Tying her hair into a simple ponytail with her bangs brushed to one side, Elodie gave a grin.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Leila narrowed her eyes as she saw the dirt and crystals flying toward Mise. Iron defense boosts Mise's defense, but it also creates an iron wall for a few seconds. If I can time this correctly, I can block the flying debris, but Mise will be casting be vurneable for a couple seconds. She opened her mouth to say the move, but paused. It'll be more interesting is Mise couldn't see. She closed her mouth and grinned, she had a change of plans. She opened her mouth to speak, but this time it was a different move. "Mise use gyro ball," she commanded just as the dust flew into it's eyes. Mise complied, and spun into the ball aiming at where it last saw the rockruff. Sure it couldn't see, but it had a vague sense of direction.

Shadow had looked to Zander then at his opponents. "We are ready when you are just don't hold back" he advised as Eclipse was determined to stay standing even if its a weakness towards him. Shadow hsd thought about his sister JC and how she was doing with her battling but he was sure she cpuld handle herself in a battle.-

The steel ball flew at the Rockruff before he could turn around to see it. Pocchi flew from the force of the attack, then crashed back down, slid-- His back just barely touched the inside edge of the icy line. All of Hana's worries, her insecurities, everything came flooding back all at once. Iron drills bore through mountains. Or, whatever her mnemonic was.

Dhelmise was a grass-type, too, wasn't it? Pocchi was double-screwed from the very beginning. Hana felt tears start to prickle at the corners of her eyes. "Pocchi-- Pocchi, don't worry, okay? It's okay now." She rummaged through her bag for Pocchi's Heal Ball. "Sorry, Monty." Her eyes traveled to the ground at her feet, accompanying a great pout on her lips. "I think..."

Pocchi breathed heavily. "Ruff... ruff!" His paws wobbled underneath as he pushed his body back up. He stood tall and barked strong. "Rockruff!"

Hana felt new life enter her broken and downtrodden soul! She bent down, closed fists on her knees, and smiled brighter than she ever had before. "Pocchi! You've got this! Just keep at our strategy, okay? And be careful!"

Monty gritted his teeth as the anchor-like Pokemon, Dhelmise I think?, crashed into Pocchi. "Sentinel! Cover Pocchi with a Psywave." Monty commanded. Sentinel hummed in the affirmative and began spinning. A bright pink beam of energy shot out from in front of Sentinel, rushing towards the Dhelmise. We can't let their type advantages hold us back, Monty thought. It'll be tough but we can manage.

"Thanks for covering for me, JC!" Henry smiled and crossed his fingers. "Now Spike, use Metronome again!" Spike, still powered up from the Tail Glow, began to wiggle his hands back and forth once more, eventually stopping. He opened his mouth, emitting damaging waves of sound towards both the Nincada and the Ralts. "Nice! Hyper Voice!" said Henry, glad that his luck pulled through again. "Even if you can't see them, thanks to that Sand Attack, such a wide-ranging attack has to count for something, right?"

As Brian's Ralts began to take damage from Bite and Hyper voice alike, Ralts immediately retreated back a bit but made sure to remain within the ring. Brain lightly leaned toward Bogdan. "-Think you can try and take out Togepi? I know it's boosted somehow, but your Metal Claw should be effective, I'll focus with the Rockruff but make sure to keep my distance.-" He whispered as he looked at Ralts with a nod who instantly nodded back. "I know this is meant to be a test, but I am not going down so easily." He thought to himself, his look slowly turned from kind to a mixture of seriousness and intensity, the shade under his hat would make it difficult to see if his hot pink pupils didn't look like they glowed from within.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Leila watched as the psywave hit Mise. She knew that Mise could take hits, but she wasn't sure how many. She glanced between the two of her opponents debating who to attack. Deciding to attack the already damaged rockruff, she looked up at Mise. "Mise use Mega Drain!" she exclaimed smiling. This really is like a game. I hope I'm doing well.