• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Amtro Region Travels!!

Welcome to the Amtro region, where anyone can be anything. Sign up and ask questions at: http://pokecharms.com/threads/amtro-region-travels-sign-ups-and-discussion.14315/ you have signed up, come and play!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kai walked along route one, surprized to see his new home, newmine town. "Oh, I must have taken a wrong turn in Mt. Skyarrow" kai told himself. "Well, I better go to the pokemon center" He told himself as he walked to the red roofed building. "Alright guys, come and strech your legs" Kai said, sending out his pokemon. "Com combusken" said his combusken. "Semi semisage" semisage said. "Starly star star" said the bird pokemon. "Phan phanpy" said the little elephant pokemon. "I wanna thank you guys for helping me earn the sandstorm and ecto badges" kai told them. "Now, lets rest"

Last edited:
Daniel sat in the lounge of the pokemon centre, as he and his pokemon happily nibbled some yache berry cookies. The cool, crisp and sour berries were the perfect compliment to the sweet, crumbly shortbread, in Daniel's eyes...

There was a wonderful sweet shop near the pokemon centre, and, as a treat for winning his first ribbon in the Amtro region, he'd bought a huge supply of treats for him and his pokemon. As well as cookies, he'd bought a pecha berry pie, and even cherpumple cupcakes.

A phanpy came dashing over to his table, and snatched one of the cherpumples...

"Oh, sorry, phanpy come here" Kai said, motioning phanpy to come to him. "Im kai by the way, I have earned 2 badges, the sandstorm and ecto badges, my goal is to be the best pokemon trainer ever, say, do you wanna meet my pokemon, you have already met phanpy, I met him on my way to Rocktone town in an abandoned ally" Kai told Daniel, phanpy jumping on his shoulder.

"Sure, ok," Daniel agreed, "I'm Daniel, from Accumula Town, by the way. I'm a coordinator."

The next time that he turned to look at his spread, Honchkrow had already eaten most of the cherpumples, and at least half of the pie. Daniel shook his head disapprovingly at the big bird, and he hid his beak in shame while the other pokemon ate.

"As in the Daniel, the one who doesnt like to be called inspirational because you can still walk," Kai ask, with starly on his shoulder and combustken to his side. "You know, I may he able to make you walk again, semisage, get the nee braces out of my bag" commanded Kai. "I founded on route 3, it should work for both your legs, say, you want it." Kai asked

"That's the one," the boy confirmed, "Stupid presenter calls me inspirational just because of this thing," and he gestured to his wheelchair. The thing was at least ten times bigger than Daniel was, with giant silver wheels, a massive back, and footrests that were way too big, and often got in the way.

"Sorry, but I'm already too far gone for braces," Daniel said miserably, "I used to need crutches and leg braces, but my joints just kept getting more and more unstable. One wrong step, and boom, I dislocate something. So, my doctor said it'd be safer for me to be in a wheelchair than to walk. I can walk, it's just that I can't do it without hurting myself," he finished.

Turning to look back at his pokemon, Daniel realised that they'd completely finished the spread, save for Lopunny, who was still delicately nibbling on a pumpkin pie cherpumple.

"Oh, I understand, say, I your next contest in Skyarris town?" Kai asked, taking a cherpumple. "If you are going there, you can come with me, my next gym battle is with aira or the Cloud badge" He told Daniel. "My goal is yo be amtro champion, im the only trainer in my family besides my father and brother" kai said.

The clumsy girl spotted two boys in the Pokemon Center when she entered, a Gardevoir close behind her. Her skin was an olive-white, the kind that someone of Alolan descent would possess. Scarlet was rather famous, in the performing world- but for all the wrong reasons. See, she was known for being a complete and utter flop, a performer who'd been doing performing for almost a year and had not ever won one Key- she was often approached in public to be made fun of, or belittled. She hoped that these two would not know her, or at least be pleasant enough to just... ignore what she was known for. Gardevoir halted beside Scarlet when she stopped, raising a hand in greeting. "Um... h-hi." she stammered, her green gaze avoiding anyone else's line of sight.

"Oh, hello" Kai said, waveing back. "I am kai and these are my pokemon, phanpy, starly, combustken, and semisage." He said, then recognizing her. "Hey, arnt you scarlet, the girl who failed on tv, its a pleaser to meet you, I thought that performance was pritty good, as you know im kai, an I wanna be the champion, and thisis daniel, pokemon coordinator" kai old her with. Phanpy and starly jumping to his shoulders.

Danny was on his way to the Pokemon Center after defeating the first gym leader of the Amtro region thus earning himself the sandstorm badge. He started reminisce the day when he met his Infernape when it was still a Chimchar, from that day he knew that he would become a great pokemon trainer. When Danny arrived at the pokemon center , he saw two boys and one girl at the front of the center , one was taller than Danny and the other was in a wheelchair and the girl looked too timid to converse with the two boys. Danny entered the pokemon center while ignoring the three people outside.

"So, you are you to going to skyarris town, because I need to go earn the cloud badge their, and we are going to rock the battle, right guys" kai said. The pokemon cheered in excitement as the were returned into their pokeballs."Well, Scarlet, you wanna come with me, that is where the first amtro performance is" Kai told her, putting his pokeballs on his belt.

"Yeah, the next contest is in Skyarris Town, so I'll join you," Daniel replied, "I've never had travel buddies before. I always just go my journeys alone. How does travelling with this guy we just met sound, everyone?" The boy asked his pokemon.

Serperior, Honchkrow, Lopunny, Plusle, Machoke and Mightyena all chirruped in agreement.

"Then it's settled," Daniel said with a smile, "I'll go with you."

And Daniel returned his pokemon as he wheeled forward.

This was... a lot to take in, at once, but... Scarlet managed it. Danny was correct in his assumptions, about her being timid, and hard to converse with. Scarlet's fears revealed themselves when Kai recognised her from TV- yep, that was her, the girl who'd 'failed on tv'. She was happy to hear that he thought her performance was good. "I tried..." she murmured, still not making eye contact with anyone present- and swallowed. "I kind of... blew it, when I tripped over, though."

At the offer to go and travel with them, her face lit up and her green optics finally made contact with the boys who stood in front of her. She blinked a couple times, and chirped, "Me, Gardevoir and Ninetails and M-Mudkip would be delighted t-to travel with you g-guys!" she felt her face heating up and she went bright red, at her sudden outburst. "Um... s-so, what r-region are y-you guys from? I'm f-from Alola, as you c-can probably tell from m-my skin t-tone."

After healing his precious Pokemon in the center, Danny exited the pokemon center hoping to find the next gym but there was a problem, he did not know where the second gym was. As he did not have a town map , so he was clueless where to go next. With no other choice left , Danny went up to the three people conversing from before and hoping for them to know the answer to his question and , said" Hi, Im Danny ". Smiling while saying those words.

"I'm from Unova," Daniel told her, "And my name's Daniel Diaz. You might've heard of my uncle Alexander."

Carefully wheeling around to face Danny, Daniel parked his wheelchair just a little in front of the new person. "It's nice to meet you too," he said coolly.

She turned to Danny, and her pretty smile laced her lips- her gaze was cast upon the ground, however. She blinked, her green ocularies flickering up to look at his face briefly- he was quite cute, in like, an attractive way, but of course she wouldn't voice that. She raised a single hand in greeting, hearing Gardevoir tut, and she blurted out, "H-Hey, Danny... um, I'm Sc-Scarlet. You m-might have seen me on TV... um, f-failing at p-p-performances..." she explained.

She then turned to fixate her emerald gaze upon Danny; she smiled a little, but didn't make eye contact for long- another one of her awkward mannerisms. "Unova's... a r-really n-nice p-place! I went on hol-holiday there, a f-few times."

Daniel extended his hand towards hers, and gave it a firm shake. "Performances? I've never watched a pokemon showcase in my life," he explained, "And what do you mean, 'failing'? You can't be that bad at performing. In my first double performance contest, my Serperior fainted, and then I dislocated my arms and fainted from the pain in front of everyone!"

This girl seemed alright, so far. Shy, perhaps but still alright. She didn't seem to take much notice of his disability, which was nice.

"They're a l-lot like contests, actually," Scarlet attempted to explain, tilting her head and putting two fingers underneath her chin. She giggled a little, at Daniel's story; but, she could do better, he wasn't bad at all compared to her. "I... I have b-been in Performing f-for almost... Arceus, it m-must be a year now... a-and I have n-never won even one K-Key. Th-the problem is... when I was v-very little, I was... c-cursed, with eternal bad l-luck. I... as a r-result, I fall a lot, I mess up m-my lines, I mess up my moves, I mess up the Pokepuff ingredients and such. It's... a p-pain, to say the least."

I'm originally from Sandgem Town , Sinnoh the home of legends and myths ," Danny told Daniel , Scarlet, and Kai as he looked at all three of them. Then Danny proudly said" I traveled all around the regions and captured good pokemons , also battled powerful trainers."

Even if he had never seen a showcase before, Daniel sort of knew what happened in showcases. The first round was always something random, like dressing up, baking pokepuffs, or answering questions, and then at the end, the performers who passed the first round got to perform however they liked with their pokemon. Performances couldn't be that hard though, could they? All you had to do was win the audience over, and there you go, princess key.

"Cursed with bad luck, you say?" Daniel said as he raised an eyebrow, "That can't be right! I might be able to help you with the freestyle performances, though."

Scarlet gulped. "I would have loved to do pokemon battles, but... unfortunately I'm n-not the b-best at them." she stammered, laughing forcibly under her breath. It seemed... like Danny was very proud of his Pokemon- and with Scarlet, her Pokemon weren't the problem- it was her. Daniel seemed to think she was joking, when she had said about the bad luck thing. Woah... she had some explaining to do. "W-Well.. I was attacked b-by Darkrai, and m-my parents tried desperately to w-wake me up- they came t-to a compromise, that Darkrai would let m-me live, but I had t-to suffer with a c-curse of bad luck for t-the rest of my life. It's.." she sighed, biting her lip. "It's why I'm so ultimately useless."

Danny told Scarlet. " So you are the girl that screwed up during the performance , I remember the reporters covering that on the news , also I heard rumors from performers that I personally know, after performance you actually threw up at one of the judges off stage." Then Danny laughingly told her " You claim that you were attacked by Darkrai , well Darkrai is not real , You were probably attacked by a Gengar that certainly used dream eater on you , while you were asleep."

"Yeah..." she blushed, feeling a little embarrassed- she always was, when people pointed out her mistakes, but... vomiting on the judges? No... that had never happened. "Um, I was n-never... I never did that. I did fall on one of the j-judges, though. And I was eliminated from t-two performances. Th-that's probably where the rumour came from." she muttered, gritting her teeth and stuttering. Scarlet, it's OK! It's just a harmless rumour, Gardevoir's voice came from inside of her head, a telepathic message sent to nobody else. Normally, Scarlet would have replied, but she ignored her partner, for now. "Um... yeah, D-Darkrai is real. It literally caused me suffering for the rest of my life- I w-was in a coma-like st-state for a month, while Darkrai w-was giving me h-horrific nightmares. I still r-remember them." she paused, her green gaze darkening. "An everlasting d-dark dream, an endless d-dream of darkness. A void. A void with n-no escape. You have no idea how it feels to be t-trapped inside of your own h-head... it's a horrific ex-experience, believe me, and one you d-do not want t-to experience."

Daniel mimed Darkrai's claws as he attempted to put on a threatening voice, "I'm Darkrai, the Freddy Kruger of pokemon, and the harbringer of terrible luck!" He jeered, imitating Darkrai's cry as best he could, "And now I give random girls nightmares for no good reason!"

"Even if Darkrai were to be real , my Infernape would instantly defeat it in 5 minutes , and trust me Darkrai is a myth to scare children away , I honestly think that you don't have bad luck plus bad things happen for a reason" said Danny.

Ari saw three trainers exiting the town as she went into the Pokemon Center. My Arceus, she thought, This region is amazing! Ari slumped down on one of the couches inside. Her Pokemon, who she always kept out of their Pokeballs unless there was something really dangerous after them, followed. Ashley curled up on an ottoman. Eon lay down next to Ari's feet, its ribbon feeler wrapped around her leg. Tree, Snow, and Blue were playing in the middle of the Center, accidentally tripping people in their wake. Flare was chattering with other Pokemon that were owned by other Trainers.

Daniel coughed loudly, and gestured to his lower body. "Bad things happen for a reason, do they?" He spat, "Then what reason could there possibly be for me not being able to walk half a metre without dislocating something? What reason could there be for some people to judge me based on this chair, rather than my skill as a coordinator?"

Quentin, having just arrived in Amtro, was nervous. Much more nervous than usual. He was in Newmine Town, according to the sign, and was hopelessly lost. He decided that the best way to orient himself was to visit the Pokemon centre.
As he entered the red and white building, he heard voices of people around his age. It seemed as though a few boys were clustered around a girl. If only he wasn't so damn shy! He petted the eevee wrapped around his neck and sat down at a table.

Quentin, having just arrived in Amtro, was nervous. Much more nervous than usual. He was in Newmine Town, according to the sign, and was hopelessly lost. He decided that the best way to orient himself was to visit the Pokemon centre.
As he entered the red and white building, he heard voices of people around his age. It seemed as though a few boys were clustered around a girl. If only he wasn't so damn shy! He petted the eevee wrapped around his neck and sat down at a table.

Glancing around the Pokémon centre, Quentin's eyes widened in shock. He stood up shakily. Walking over to the girl sitting on the couch, he said "A-Ari?" What what his sister doing here?!

Last edited by a moderator:
David stood at the Pokémon centre loftily, his right leg jittering without much reason. Travelling with a haunted balloon who constantly looked for ways to trouble you as your crutches had its defects, such as unprovoked urges to dance with reckless abandon, walking too fast or too slow at inappropriate times, and, at one time, full-fledged re-enactment of the renowned play Pokéo and Juliet. Jumpiness was just a minor setback.
He took back his Pokémon with a quiet "Thank you" and turned, his interested piqued at the sight of a small congregation of trainers.

"I dont know man , for reasons I cannot explain , well anyways can I ask you guys something ?" said Danny while trying to avoid the question that Daniel previously asked Danny.

Scarlet narrowed her eyes at Danny. "You know, you're awfully p-pompous. You have n-no idea what I've been through, what D-Darkrai did. It almost killed m-me, for Arceus' sake! The only way I could live w-was becaus of this sp-spiteful compromise, which in all honesty, I'd rather have d-died at Darkrai's hands than gone through this. Daniel's right- w-what reason? What reason was there for me to get targeted b-by an unholy beast and c-cursed for the rest of my life?" she hissed, standing beside Daniel in a gesture to show she was in his side of the argument. "What would you p-possibly want to ask us?"

Quentin stepped back a little as Ari hugged him. "H-hey, sis," he said, glancing around and patting his sister on the head. His eevee, beebee, sniffed at Ari, and relaxed when Quentin reassured him that this was a friend. He pulled away from his sister. "That's a pretty strong team, sis. Why not keep em in your pokeballs?" Beebee growled slightly at the mention of pokeballs, curling his blood-red paws.

The village people shouted."Win the tournament for us Jado!You have the pride of Yukishira!Go beat them!"
Jado turned his back to the village and then lifted his hand with one finger up."Yukishira FIGHT!"Jado shouted.
Jado entered the forest and the people of the village went to their business.
"So my first challenge is this forest!"Jado ran through the forest.

"I don't know, I just like... seeing them? If that makes any sense at all. I guess it just makes me know that they're happy," She tried to explain it, but the words just sounded stupid. "Anyways, how've you been doing? It's been awhile since I last saw you." Eon unravelled its feeler from Ari's leg and barked up at the Eevee, trying to be friendly. Snow's cheeks crackled with curiosity at Quentin.

Jado finally exit the forest and went to the first gym.
"Ok Leafy I dont know whats the gym type but I have my faith in you buddie!"Jado turned his face to Treecko while Treecko jumped to the ground and nodded.
"I See your prepared."Jado patted the Treecko Head.

" I just wanted to know where Mystero Town is , jeez , since you guys probably wont answer me now , welp Imma try to figure out how to get there , Smell ya later "Said Danny. After saying that Danny ran off in a rush , now knowing Daniel and Scarlet are his new rivals , Danny thought to himself "next time I see those kids , I will challenge them to a pokemon ,but for now beating the gyms is my main focus now."

Luna sighed as she paced around "I don't know what to do!" she had just arrived here and is already lost "Eevee!" The trainer pokemon tryed to calm her down but couldnt "Oh eevee, ralts what do we do now?" The pokemon looked at eachother then to there trainer "Ralts" "Eevee".

Daniel shook his head. That Danny guy sure had some nerve on him. Oh well. After leaving his rival, Sophie, behind in Kalos, Daniel was in need of a new person to compete with, even if that person was rather full of himself.

Quentin glanced down. A lot had happened since he'd last seen Ari. "Um... not much," he started. "Traveled around. Stopped a few evil teams. Became thd champion of Sinnoh. Just the usual." He smiled slyly. Beebee jumped down and sniffed at Eon curiously. He purred and nuzzled up against the sylveon.