• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Amtro Region Travels!!

Quentin groaned at Ari's optimism, as he wasn't know for his. "Easy, little sis," he laughed. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. Damn, he was tired. He looked at the sky; it was getting to be late afternoon. He looked around, seeing that Decibel had walked away, a riolu with her.
"Hey," he said quietly, obviously not loud enough for her to hear. "Hey!" He shouted, although it was a quiet shout. He ran up to her, returning Athena to her pokeball, to Beebee's dismay. "Are you heading to Skyarris without us?" Ari had also walked ahead, her whole team brimming with enthusiasm.
@RedLikeRoses @AspenTR33 @EnderFox

Ari stopped. "I thought you were with us! Jeesh, I'm such an airhead sometimes!" This was true. Ari often forgot things, which was part of the reason she was so happy to finally get out of school. She turned around and walked to Quentin. "Are you even heading to Skyarris? Get a move on!"

Decibel froze when Quentin called out to her. She wanted to turn around to face them, but apparently the duo had already ran up to her. "Huh?" She tilted her head in confusion, "Oh, I thought you guys were going to hang around for awhile with Luna. That's why I left first." Decibel rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

(I propose we do a mini-timeskip to when our characters first reach Skyarris town after your guys' post)

@Trainer Quentin @AspenTR33

Quentin looked around the small town nervously. He was always nervous. "Uh, no, we were going to Skyarris too." He slapped his forehead. Why was he so awkward?! He glanced at his sister. "Right, Ari?" He asked her. "I want to face the gym there?" He explained to Decibel. "I think Arriana here does too."
(Yeah, sounds good)
@RedLikeRoses @AspenTR33

"I see." Decibel hummed, "Well, good luck with that, I'll be taking on the contest." She looked down at her Riolu who had sought refuge behind her when the two strangers popped out of nowhere. The Riolu would wave shyly at the strangers and their Pokemon. Decibel smiled at the gesture. It seemed that Riolu was finally breaking out of his shell. "Let's go then," She'd say before leading the group towards Skyarris. The trek wasn't very arduous, she'd battle a few wild Pokemon as practice for her Riolu along the way, but nothing else special happened. Soon enough, the group would reach Skyarris Town.

@Trainer Quentin @AspenTR33

Quentin looked around as they emerged from the forest in Skyarris town. It wasn't a very large city, but different from any place Quentin had been. They hadn't faced much adversary on the way, a few wild Pokemon, so Quentin's Pokemon were relatively unharmed. He looked at his sister. "You challenging the gym too, Ari?" He asked her. He looked at his map. The gym was deeper into the city. "Gods luck with your contest, Decibel," he added to the white haired girl.
@AspenTR33 @RedLikeRoses

"Yeah, good luck!" Ari said, and ran off towards what she was sure was the gym. It was the biggest building in the town, except for the Pokemon Center, the Contest place, and the Poke Mart. "Wow, this is so cool!" she said, and her Pokemon all nodded or jumped in agreement. "Oh, Quentin's being slow again. Let's wait for him."

Quentin looked around for his sister. "Damn it," he muttered. Why was she always running off? He saw her standing farther down the street, surrounded by her Pokémon. He jogged slightly to catch up with her, waving to Decibel as he ran. Beebee raced along side him, puffing. Quentin reached Ari and stopped. "Ari! Can you please wait for me next time?!" He said, exasperated. He laughed slightly. "The gym is right up here. It's a flying type gym, I think." He instinctively pulled out Volcan, his typhlosion's, pokeball.
@RedLikeRoses @AspenTR33

"Can you please keep up with me next time? It's not my fault you're so slow!" Ari said, a teasing glint in her eyes. "Let's go!" she said, and went in. All of her Pokemon followed her, all excited. Ashley was still on top of her head. Immediately, a trainer almost ran into them, a worried expression on his face. "If you two are challenging this gym, I hope you have strong Pokemon," he said, then hurried out. This didn't dampen Ari's mood, though. She just looked up. The battlefield was raised high in the air, and there were rings meant for aerial stunt practice hanging everywhere, a perfect flying type obstacle course. "Cool!" Ari said, her voice light with excitement.

"Thank you! Best of luck for you gyms as well." Decibel would bid them goodbye before the two ran off to challenge the gym. Watching them get excited over gym battles brought her back to the days when Pokemon battling was still fun for her. ". . . I still have no idea what's the difference between Contesting and Performing." The white haired girl mumbled under her breath before turning to her Riolu. "Well, there's a lake nearby. Wanna see what Arc can do?" She grinned at the Fighting Pokemon, eliciting a squeal from her youngest companion. The duo would then trot over to the lake where she would release her Arcanine. Unfortunately, she hadn't bought any assessories or any special Pokeballs that would add effects when her Arcanine was released. So it was the same white glow when she appeared. "Flamethrower!" Decibel ordered her Arcanine. Her Arcanine stood proudly and lowered her stance before sending out a vortex of flames spiraling across the lake. The intensity of the flames evaporated the surface of the lake only slightly, adding mist to the effect.

[@ whoever is around the lake]

Quentin grumbled something under his breath, which sounded something like "if you went any faster, you'd be a frickin' jolteon," and followed his sister into the gym. When he stepped in, his eyes widened. The place was huge! The battlefield was raised, and there were bird pokemon swooping around. Quentin was about to step up to the platform, but Ari got there first. "Damn," Quentin said under his breath. I guess I might as well watch Ari's battle, QUentin thought to himself.
@AspenTR33 @RedLikeRoses

Ari was grinning widely. "I'm Ari from New Bark Town, and I challenge you to a battle!" Ari didn't really know what to say before a battle. Ashley jumped off of her hat and onto the battlefield. "Uh, okay, Ashley, let's go!" Ashley's flames burned super bright with competitiveness. Well, let's see what Pokemon he sends out, Ari thought.

Quentin craned his neck to get a good look at the battlefield. He saw that Ari was using Ashley, her quilava. Quentin couldn't help wondering why she wouldn't use a Pokemon that was super effective against flying types, but league rules stated that you couldn't help a trainer if they were battling, so he held his tongue. The leader threw his pokeball, and a staravia flew out. Quentin smiled, thinking of his Staraptor, Dave.
@AspenTR33 @RedLikeRoses

"Well, here I am in Skyarris town" Kai said, comeing out of skyarrow cavern.
"I wonder where scarlet and Daniel are" he said walking into the pokmon center.
"Ok guys, come on out and strech your legs" Kai shouted throwing his pokeballs.
All of his pokemon came out at once. Kai sat down and took out some food he bought from the diner in Rocktone town. The pokemon gobled all the food in their mouths and relaxed.
"Hey, pikachu, are you ready for your first gym battle" Kai said, handing pikachu a hamburger.
"Pika pikachu" the pokemon said in excitement.

With training over for the day, Daniel headed to the pokemon centre, to settle in for the night, and prepare his contest outfit for Skyarris Town's pokemon contest. Instead of his usual white shirt and black trousers, he'd decided to go with his brand-new honchkrow gijinka, sent to him by his uncle. Even if he wasn't the star of the show, he still had to look good.

He wheeled over to Kai, with six dishes of pokemon food, and some pumpkin soup in his lap for himself.

"I heard that you'll be challenging the gym," the coordinator said as he released his pokemon to eat.

"Alright, Ashley!" Ari shouted. She always shouted whenever she battled, it was just what she did. "Use Flame Charge!" Ashley's fire surrounded it in a burning cloak and it charged into the Staravia. The rest of Ari's team cheered Ashley on, hoping that Ari won, but at the same time hoping that they got a chance to battle.

After training her Pokemon for the upcoming contest, Decibel went over to the Gym to oversee the battle. "Hm, Flying Type Gym?" The snow-haired woman hummed in amusement, "You would have liked to breeze through this Gym, Zed." Her Zebstrika would nuzzle his Trainer in response. He knew that Decibel wasn't keen on battling gyms anymore, which was a shame since they couldn't show their prowess in battle tactics anymore, but he was too used to getting sent out to battles that it became odd for them not to battle anymore. "Right, return." Decibel shot him a small smile as she withdrew the Thunderbolt Pokemon back into his Pokeball. The only Pokemon she kept out was her Riolu.

Once they reached the Gym, Decibel raised an eyebrow at the battle. "Fire type against a flying type?" She'd murmur as she watched the battle unfold. "Hey, Ryo," She'd call for her Riolu's attention, "Take notes, maybe you'll get to battle one day." Decibel knew that it was impossible to completely avoid battling, so she needed to equip her Pokemon with the proper battling skills to at least hold his ground against stronger opponents. Ryo would nod at her, turning his attention to the battlefield.

Quentin cheered his sister on, bouncing on his toes. Beebee stood up on Quentin's head to get a better view of the battlefield. Ari's Quilava had used flame charge, scorching the staravia. The bird flew up, and dove at Ashley, beak pointed down. Quentin watched anxiously. "Ari! Look out!" He shouted.

"This is impossible only one other trainer has beaten me before '' said Spector angrily. Danny replied joyfully "Now give me the badge , Spector , I admit it that you are too weak to be a gym leader anyways, how do you even train your pokemon spector , I thought you were supposed to be a very powerful trainer , well it turns that you are a poser , I was expecting so much from you , now hand me the badge. Danny seeing that Spector finally accepted his loss over the battle , and walked toward handed him the ecto badge. Danny said " finally'' in a relieved way. Danny hastily exited the gym. Now Danny feeling proud of his achievement, yelled with excitement " SKYARRIS TOWN HERE I COME'' , saying that while exiting Mystero Town.

"Use FlameThrower!" Ari shouted. Ashley sent a blast of fire right at the Staravia's face, causing it to stop and recoil backwards. The Bird Pokemon glared at Ashley, who flared its flames up with battling spirit.

Quentin watched happily from the sidelines. One more shot, and the staravia would be finished.
"Staravia! Brave bird!" Shouted the gym leader, his eyes flaring. The bird nodded, flying up. Then it dove, kicking up dust, parting the air itself. It slammed into the Quilava, skidding to a halt on the floor behind it.

"Okay, use Flame Charge again!" Ashley blazed again, and it was close range, causing the Staravia to get burned. Ashley pushed its legs against the ground, charging into the Bird Pokemon and forcing it into the ceiling, where it crashed. Ashley fell on the ground, landing on its feet. "Way to go, Ashley!" Ari cheered.

"Yeah, I am" kai said, pikachu jumpeing to his shoulder.
"Pika" said the new addition to his team
"The gym leader is actually my cousin, Aria" kai said, takeing a cookie from the plate of food.
"I hope I win"

"Yeah, I'll be rooting for you," the boy replied, setting down six bowls of pokemon food, "Depending on when your gym battle is, I could come and watch it. I don't know when the contest in Skyarris Town is yet."

He waited for the boy to respond as he sipped some pumpkin soup. Carefully, to avoid dislocating his other arm. It really was ridiculous, how he could dislocate his joints dping absolutely anything...

Kai looked down with a sad face.
He began to say something.
"Daniel, I can trust you right" kai asked him, looking at Combusken, who knew what was about to happen.
"Can I, can I trust you" he said.
Combusken jumped off of the chair and went to the side of kai.

Daniel leaned right in, so that he was up in Kai's face. He barely knew this kid, but if he needed to vent about something, then the least that he could do was offer him his ears to listen... And maybe a shoulder to cry on.

"Sure," ha said hesitantly, "What is it that you want to tell me?"

"I am not the person that you think I am" kai told him, pikachu jumpeing off his shoulder.
"I am the son of the team rocket crime boss geovanni" kai said.
"It was in the alola region, I never knew my mother, and geovanni was my father. he tried to train me into an unbeatable team rocket admin, but I ran. first to the vorem region, where I met this girl. she helped me, or tried to, get over it. I continued my training to be unbeatable. I earned 2 badges from rocky and specter strait away. My best friend, my very first pokemon is actually in alola. I want him here with me, but I cant go back. that is when I saw a strange pokemon. he spoke and trained me. then I met you and that girl, and danny. I wanted to tell you this so you know who I relly am, a 13 year old runaway kid from alola and kanto." kai told him

Daniel's eyes widened. That was an awful lot to take in, seeing as a.) he barely knew this kid, and b.) Why would a former Team Rocket admin-in-training just admit who he really was to a random coordinator? Something was definitely fishy about this...And a talking pokemon? There was no way that pokemon capable of human speech even existed!

He downed the rest of his soup and reversed slightly, lightly catching a table leg with his left wheel.

"Why did you tell me that?"

"I felt like I can trust you" kai told him.
"I know it was random, but what isnt. I told you because I feel like we have met before, and if I told you my story, you would remember" kai said.
"Hey, where is scarlet, we should find her before we leave town"
"Lets head to the gym" kai yelled with pride.

"I don't know," Daniel answered, "I lost sight of her after she pushed me to a medical house. Don't know where she is now."

Checking the time, Daniel realised that it was only about five o'clock, meaning that he had a few hours to kill. So, it wouldn't hurt to go and take a look around the gym, provided that it was wheelchair-friendly.

"Sure," the boy agreed, reversing away from the table.

Had he really met Kai before? It didn't seem plausible, unless he had watched him compete in a contest...

"this place looks so cool" kai said, walking around the gym.
"Oh, hey kai, are yo ready for our battle cuz" said the leader, smiling.
"oh, are you battleing to" she asked Daniel, seeing the pokeballs on his belt.
Kai looked at him. He seretly hoped that he would say yes, he would love to see Daneil battle, and actually see him in the league.

(Daniel doesn't wear a belt)

"Nah, I'm a coordinator," the boy answered, "I raised my pokemon to perform, not to brawl. Unless you count the battle rounds of my contests."

He looked over at the stands, noticing that they bore a starcase leading to most of the seats.

"Anywhere I can park myself?" He asked.

"Sure, why dont you go to the bleachers, so me and my cuz from another region could brawl" Aria said, pointing to a spesific spot.
"Oh, and my dad shipped me off to some training academy where I met her" kai told Daneil last minute.
"You ready cuz, because here I come" said the leader. " GO UNFEZANT"
"Ok, PIKACHU, GET READY FOR BATTLE!" kai shouted. their pokeballs hit eachother as they opened to reveal the two pokemon. the battle for the cloud badge has begun.

Daniel wheeled over to where Aria was pointing, which happened to be equipped with a clamp, so that his chair would stay in place even if things got really het up in battle.

The boy opened his bag, and threw up all of his pokeballs, to let his team out to watch to the battle.