• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fairy Tail RP

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
(To join or talk about this roleplay, please go to the discussion thread here)

A mostly covered figure had just entered the town of Magnolia. This person is known as, Draxon. He's a wizard from Fairy Tail, and had just completed a job by himself. Draxon had a few bruises, but was mostly fine. "That job took quite a bit out of me. At least I got the full reward," he thought. He took out a dagger and studied it. "Better wash it when I get home. Well, not like I'm tired enough to stay at the guild hall all day, though. Guess I should take another job. Probably with a partner this time, I might as well help another wizard out." Draxon pushed the door to the Fairy Tail guild hall open and braced himself for utter chaos.

Just like Draxon anticipated, the guild hall was utter chaos.

All of the other wizards seemed to not be a part of the chaos, but there were two wizards who stood out the most, Nashi Dragneel and Grey Fullbuster (Junior). The two wizards kept sending devastating blows, each breaking one thing after another.

Nashi looked annoyed, and exclaimed, "Grey! Why the hell did you do that!?" She then punched Grey (Jr) in the face with a Sun Dragon Iron Fist. Grey (Jr) flew back, but quickly recovered, and exclaimed, "What the hell did I do!?" Grey (Jr) then clunched his fist into his palm, and made a giant foot, which kicked Nashi upwards. Nashi was soaring the sky, she looked down, and exclaimed, "It's because...." Her arms were then covered in golden flames, and she charged Grey. "YOU ATE MY CAKE!" Nashi exclaimed as she attacked Grey (Jr) with a Sun Dragon Wing Attack. Grey (Jr) quickly recovered, and then said, "Oh yeah, what if I did!?" Nashi and Grey (Jr) were then still continuing with their attacks, destroying parts of the guild hall in the process.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Gale Redfox, had tried to stay out of the conflict by reading a book on a distant table. However, the noise caused by their fighting & bickering didn't make his escape into his literature possible. With an annoyed sigh he closed his book and glanced over at Nashi & Grey Jr.

"Will you two keep it quiet!" Gale yelled in annoyance, sending the pair a glare.

And in perfect sync, both mages exclaimed, "SHUT IT, GALE!" and continued with their petty bickering/fighting.

Aspen was right next to Gale, and said quietly, "*sigh* This always happens. I really wish they can just get along." Aspen then started making little snowflakes to distract him from Nashi and Grey Jr's fighting.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Lucas sat in a corner seeing the commotion play out. Lucas wasn’t really one to interrupt his sister’s messes, but instead just sit on the sidelines and watches it. “Half an hour and still going.” Lucas mumbled aloud as he glanced at the clock to keep time. His stood up and keys jingled as he walked towards to some of the sane people of the guild. “Hey Aspen, Gale.” Lucas nonchalantly greeted.
————————
Lilac and Lauren were at their own table. And like everyone else, they were watching the fight. “Let me join on this!” Lilac exclaimed. Her body glowed a golden light. “Take-Ove-“ Lilac exclaimed, but was rudely interrupted with Lauren’s hand clasped on her arm. Lauren shook her head. “You’ll make things worse.” Lauren said while Lilac pouted. “Plus, you need to replenish magic.” Lauren pointed out. “Remember, we just came back from a job Lilac.”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Sadly this seems to be a trait their inherited from their parents." Gale added, having heard Aspen's comment about his desire to see them stop fighting. The worst part was his own father had acted like this at times with Natsu. Thankfully Gale did not inherit that trait. Lucas waved over to them which only caused Gale to let out a sigh.

"How am I supposed to enjoy my reading when they get like this?" Gale asked no one in particular.

"Well here we are, Magnolia Town, home of Fairy Tail."

"T-thank you for you kindness. I-I wish you luck on your travels."

"And I hope you find what you are looking for."

A young man named Devin Drayton stepped off a wagon before said wagon sped off to another part of town. Devin glanced at the large building in front of him. There was no doubt in his mind, this was the guild hall of the famed Fairy Tail Guild. Devin had traveled a long way to get here, and hopefully his efforts would be worth it. Though he was a bit nervous, Devin took a deep breath and began to walk inside, stopping outside the door.

Okay Devin, you can do this. Just...go inside and ask to join the guild. Nothing to this, nothing to worry about...

Devin would open the door...and found sheer chaos awaiting him. Devin couldn't help but sweet drop as two, what he assumed, members of the guild were in the middle of a heated argument and others seemed to be chipping in. Devin suddenly wished he had chosen to enter at a different time.

D-do I say anything? Do I leave and come back another time. Man this whole thing is somehow even more awkward than I expected it to be.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Draxon sighed and then began chuckling. He looked at Gale which asked them to stop fighting, only to see he got yelled at. "Why is it always those two," he thought. He then heard a noise behind him and saw someone unfamiliar. "Uh, if you have an issue maybe you should speak to the guild master. Or maybe you have other business to attend to, either way, I'll leave you be now," Draxon said as he headed toward Nashi and Gray Jr. and put his hand on their heads. "Hey, do you wanna get thrown out of here or something? Stop fighting for once. Hey I know, wanna go on a job?" he asked with a grin. He almost never had anything to do, so he goes on sometimes 3 jobs per day.

Aspen sighed, and then said to Gale, "The they do seem like my dad and Uncle Natsu, but those have been fighting ever since they first met each other."

Aspen then looked at Lucas, the more mature member of the Dragneel family, and then said, "Hi there, Lucas. Glad to see you're not joining in on those two antics."
----------------------------
Nashi and Grey Jr were then suddenly stopped by the hands of Draxon. Grey Jr didn't seem to put up much of a fight, but Nashi then grabbed Draxon's wrist, and exclaimed, "What's the big idea!?"

Draxon then mentioned a job, and Nashi was up for it. "Yeah, I'll totally go on a job!" she exclaimed. Grey Jr had the opposite reaction, and replied with, "No, thanks. Having to go on a job with Nashi is like walking bare foot on a thousand needles." Nashi pouted, and said to Grey Jr, "Oh, come on. I'm not that bad." Grey Jr grunted, and said back to her, "Says the one who picked a fight with me because I ate her cake." "Hey, you ate the last of Mira's cake! Her cake is like heaven in my mouth, and you took that away from me!" exclaimed Nashi. Grey Jr just replied back with a grunt, and headed to the opposite direction of Nashi and Draxon. That jerk, thought Nashi.

Devin didn't know what to do. He was advised to seek a guild master, but who could that be? Should he just go ask?

Screw it, you'll get nowhere if you say nothing.

Devin walked up to Draxon and Nashi, instinctively making sure his scarf was on tight, as he took a deep breath before speaking.

"S-so, would either of you know who and where I could find your guild master?" Devin asked the pair.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Lucas gave a nod in acknowledgement. “They were fighting ever since they were born I think.” Lucas joked with the ‘softer’ twin. Lucas then pondered a bit before deciding. “Hey Gale, Aspen. You guys want to go on a mission?” Lucas asked. “Just the three of us. Or as I say it: just the mature males of this generation.” Lucas joked.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"A mission? Well I suppose anything is better than just standing around watching those two tear each other's heads off." Gale confessed, in his own way saying he accepted Lucas' proposal. Though Gale's focus was on the newcomer to the guild, wondering what his story was or why he was here.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Sounds good," Draxon said. He then looked at Gray Jr. leave. "Oh well. I can't believe he ate your cake though, it's so good!" he thought half-joking and half-serious. He then turned to face the same person he saw enter the guild hall. "Oh so you do have business with him. Alright, well he's right there, but please don't say it was because the guild did destruction, master would definitely not like to hear that," he said pointing towards Laxus. He then began looking for jobs in the request board. He grabbed one and showed it to Nashi. "How 'bout this one? It's 60 thousand jewels so we can split it and get 30 grand each. I got your back if anything happens," he said. The job was to take care of some Vulcans from a forest terrorizing a village.

Nashi looked at the mysterious figure, and said, "Wanna join our guild, huh? I wanna see what you got, so let's fight!"

------------------------------------

Aspen looked at Lucas, and said, "I wouldn't mind a mission, but I feel kind of bad for Grey. He is now all by himself. It can't be helped, though. He's always been a lone wolf, or at least that's what he likes to call himself."

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
“Well, if you want him to then sure.” Lucas said to Aspen. Lucas looked over to see Grey Jr minding his own business. “And you guys can choose the job. I don’t care what it is as long as I get a pay.” Lucas said absentmindedly.

"F-fight? Well I do want to join your guild, is that some sort of initiation trial?" Devin asked, curious as to how he was able to attract enough attention for someone to want to fight him already. Was it something he said?

Maybe it was for the best, a way to show his skills and prove he belongs in this guild.

Zack and Sophie walked through town and back to the guild hall only to Hear someone trying to pick a fight with a new guy. Then he turned to Sophie and said go speak to your friends before he walked to lucas,gale and aspen and spoke "Hey you guy's guess who's back in town, How's everything been cause I've been having some fun while I was away."

Meanwhile Sophie ran over to Nashi and Draxon and spoke Behind Nashi "Boo. Guess who came back for some fun."

Aspen looked at Lucas, and then said, "No, it's fine. Grey isn't really easy to persuade. He really likes going on missions alone, or just with me. He tells me it's because he doesn't want to deal with another 'Nashi."'

Aspen looked to see Zack, and said, "Hi there, Zack! Oh, and you know, the usual. Nashi and Grey trying to beat each other up until one gives up. Ya' know, the usual."

-----------------------------------------

Nashi took this oppurtunity, and said, "Sorry Draxon, but I gotta help this kid with 'initiation.'" She looked at the myserious figure, and replied, "Yes, this is our classic initiation test. Newcomers have to face high-ranking members to see how they fair against them. So, are you ready to begin?" Nashi was then covered herself in her golden flames, glaring at the newcomer.

Nashi looked back at Sophie, and smirked. She then whispered, "Hey there, Sophie. I tricked this newbie to have a fight with me. So, can you play along for now, at least until Master Laxus comes back?"

"Oh, okay. I assume you are a high ranking member then? Well, I'm ready whenever you are." Devin said with some determination. If this was how he was gonna prove himself to the guild, then so be it. He'd give it his all.

Fighting a high ranking member is gonna be tricky, but hey the path of a mage was never gonna be easy anyway...

"Well why I am I not surprised," Spoke Zack as he let out a Slight Laugh "So anyone want to tell me who the guy is Nashi's picking a fight with now cause I have never seen them around before today."

Sophie on the other hand Said shyly"Good look new guy you don't stand a chance against Nashi's cause She's the strongest young wizard in the guild."

"Yes!" Nashi exclaimed, "Uh...I mean...Let the test begin!"

Nashi looked at Sophie, and nodded in a way to say thanks.

Nashi then got ready in her fighting position. But before she went for the attack, she asked, "Hey, before we fight, I gotta ask you. What's your name, and what magic do you use? I'm Nashi Dragneel, and I use Dragon Slayer Magic."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Nobody knows. He's just a new guy whose trying to join the guild...and who Nashi is trying to exploit." Gale said, that last part quiet so the new guy would not overhear. Gale thought this was childish, but he was curious at what this guy could do.

"A-a Dragon Slayer?" Devin replied, surprised by this. Then again, this was Fairy Tail. A guild famed for having multiple Dragon Slayers in it (Only Sabertooth, as far as he knew, could make that same claim). So Nashi being one shouldn't have been that much of a surprise.

None the less, Devin got in a fighting stance himself before he would respond. "Well, my name is Devin Draydon. As for my magic, well, it also happens to be Dragon Slayer magic." Devin said as his fists became inflamed with Rainbow Fire.

Nashi couldn't help but awe Devin. Another Dragon Slayer! Wow! Dragon Slayer vs Dragon Slayer! A showdown that cannot me missed!

Nashi then quickly ran towards Devin, not even giving him a warning, and exclaimed, "Sun Dragon: Crushing Jaw!" Nashi then aimed to slash at Devin's side, which would then send him flying towards the other side of the guild.

"Claw of the Rainbow Dragon!" Devin called out as he would aim to block the slash with his claw strike before Nashi could deliver a strike to his side. Devin question whether fighting in the Guild Hall was a good idea or not, but Nashi's quick attack didn't give him a chance to speak anything other than a response spell.

Nashi quickly backed away before she could get hit with Devin's attack. He's fast. I like that!

Nashi's arms then started glowing from her flames, and she charged at Devin, with even greater speeds, exclaiming, "Sun Dragon: Wing Attack!" With this attack, Devin would be spinning around, and during his daze, Nashi would then come in and kick Devin in the face with Sun Dragon: Crushing Claws.

Devin got his blazing hands up for a block, which pushed him back but left him open for a direct kick to the face which send him flying through a wall of the guild hall.

Damn, she's good with combo attacks and has some strength. Gotta kick it up a notch...

"Blazing Blue Fire Knee of the Rainbow Dragon!"

Devin would charge from the hole in the wall in a flash, aiming to deliver a knee strike to the gut with his "cool" blue fire among his varied colored fire selections.

Nashi tried to block the attack, but she was too slow, and got hit in the gut. The attack made her slide across the floor, she then backflipped to keep her distance. She glared at Devin, but had a smirk on her face. This guy is great! I actually do hope he becomes a member! Sparring matches with a fellow Dragon Slayer! I can't wait!

Nashi then formed both of her hands around her mouth, and exclaimed, "Sun Dragon's ROAR!" And a brilliant whirlpool of golden flames shot out of her mouth directly at Devin.

Last edited:
Is this girl insane!? A Dragon Roar indoors!?

Devin acted quickly and took a deep breath of his own.

"Roar of the Rainbow Dragon!" Devin yelled as he fired his own rainbow-colored flames out of his mouth right at the golden flames of Nashi which set the two roars on a collision course.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
These two are gonna destroy this place. Nashi you are crazy!

Gale dropped his book at he prepared to form a steel wall in an effort to block the two dragon roars from hitting each other. Gale doubted his wall would do much of anything to stop attacks of that scale, but if someone didn't do something this Guild Hall was toast!

Perfect!

Nashi had planned for Devin to use his own attack, she then jumped over the two roars, and Gale and his wall. She was now hovering on top of Devin, and exclaimed, "I got you now! Sun Dragon: Iron Fist!" Nashi then aimed to hit the top of Devin's head, knocking him down, and hoping to end the battle.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Draxon sighed as Nashi began fighting Devin. “I should intervene in this trickery, but I wanna see who will win,” he thought. He waved at Zack and Sophie who came back from their missions. Then Devin revealed he was also a dragon slayer, which shocked him. He then smiled at the thought of having another powerful member in the guild. Meanwhile Laxus was looking at the entire thing from the moment Devin entered the guild hall. He let the fight begin to see what Devin could do, but then decided to end it once he saw the dragon slayer roars. He waited for a second to see if the steel wall Gale created would do anything, only to see Nashi prepare an attack above it. Laxus sighed got to the scene quickly with his lighting magic. He put his hand on Nashi and then threw her to the roof. “I know you like fighting, but you don’t had to destroy the guild hall while doing it!” he shouted. “Jeez sometimes it feels like there’s two Natsus in the guild,” he muttered. Laxus then turned to face Devin. “Sorry for not intervening earlier, I wanted to see what you could do. Anyways, you wanna join Fairy Tail, right? Well congratulations, you’re in,” Laxus said. Draxon grinned at the new member and then looked up to see Nashi. “You still up for the job?” he asked.

Last edited:
Nashi was still in shock from being thrown into the roof, but quickly recovered.

"Oh, come on, Master Laxus. I was just having some fun," Nashi said as she cracked her neck. She then looked at Devin, and said, "Welcome to the guild! I hope you come to think of this guild as family!"

Nashi then looked at Draxon, and said, "Yeah, I gotta get me some cash!"

Devin, who had inflamed his fist in an effort to block Nashi's newest surprise attack, was shocked to see Laxus intervene. Devin quickly recalled his flames as he faced the Guild Master.

"Y-you'd accept me among your guild just like that? I-I was under the impression I had to prove myself in an initiation bout with a high ranking member like her." Devin said, in reference to Nashi's lie about their little spar.

Nashi started laughing sheepishly, and then said, "I'm sorry about lying, I just wanted to have a good sparring match. I didn't lie about being a high ranking wizard, however. To some, I'm consider as a worthy candidate to be S-Class, but sadly I'm just in the A-Class." Nashi then turned her back, and said, "Well, I'll see you later. And like I said before, I hope you think of this guild as family!"

Nashi was now at the request board. She was looking for a job, but they all seemed boring. Like seriously, one literally said "Does anyone have a spell that can grow hair?"! Ugh, why is there never any good jobs?

Devin, despite being tricked, couldn't help but smile at Nashi's words of encouragement. Family, something Devin never had and hoped to gain from joining a guild.

Still he had a lot of questions, so he turned to Laxus.

"So, does any member pick any mission or how does it work exactly?" Devin asked, curious how missions were handled in a mage guild.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Oh it’s fine if you have fun. Just don’t destroy parts of a building in the process,” Laxus replied. He then turned to face Devin once more. “You haven’t heard how jobs work before? Well you can choose to have a partner or not while you do them, but the more people you’re with the more the reward is split. They’re basically just tasks you do for someone to get money. Just look at the request board and choose which ever is most appealing,” he explained. Draxon went next to Nashi to look for jobs. “Hmm, maybe this one? ‘Find dragonbell fruit and get a reward of 60 Thousand Jewels once given.’ Seems simple enough,” he said.

Nashi looked at the job, and the thing that immediately caught her attention was the word "dragon". "Yes! We must do this! There's no telling how legendary that fruit is!"

Nashi then looked back to see Devin was having some trouble. She then walked up to Devin and Master Laxus, and said to Devin, "If you like, you can go on a mission with me and Draxon! Draxon is that dude right over there at the request board. What do you say?"

Devin blinked, curious as to why she'd want a rookie member to tag along with them. Though he was eager, so he turned to Laxus.

"Is that all right?" Devin asked Laxus.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Of course. I literally just said you can work with partners,” Laxus answered. He sighed, but he felt like Devin was promising. Draxon wasn’t that surprised when he heard Nashi get excited about the mission. Say the word ‘dragon’ once and she’ll be excited about anything related to it. (Hopefully this autoing isn’t too bad) Draxon grinned when she asked Devin to come along. It would mean he would be part of someone’s first mission. “I don’t have any problem with it, but I suggest you pack up some warm clothes. From what I know, this fruit is in Mt. Hakabe,” he said.