• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary?

Mew gets my vote. :)
It's one of the first legendaries in the game/anime, and I like the description of it having the DNA of every Pokemon in the world. It's also happens to be adorable cute... ;D
Second place would fall upon Lugia for me. Mostly because of it's epicness in the movie, and it's design is absolutley amazing. ^^

I would also like to pay some respect for Ho-Oh. It was the absolutely first legendary Pokemon to ever be seen in the anime, but it still hasn't had any big part of the plot yet (except from some very few cameos). I'd like to see more of him. 0-o

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
As stated before, I have many favorite legendaries.

For Generation One, Articuno and Mew reign supreme - Mew is adorable, and Articuno is the only legendary bird that actually looks somewhat majestic.

For Generation Two, Lugia, Suicune and Raikou - Lugia appeals to me design-wise (I quite appreciate the streamlined draco-cetacean-avian form) and I enjoyed its roles in PokeMon the Movie 2000 (as well as the look into their pods in the anime). Suicune is elegant and graceful and Raikou not only radiates power but is also blatantly based on a Sabertooth Cat, and those pwn hard. XD

For Generation Three, I'm fond of the Latis, but my top favorite is Deoxys - mostly because of the sheerly awesome alternative biology behind the thing... and the whole DNA helix thing. I have a strange connection with it - it is perhaps my favorite legend overall, with one exception which I shall mention later.

Gen 4 introduced a whole clustereff of legends, and only a few out of which I find appealing. Dialga is probably the top candidate for Exhibit A, followed by Giratina and Shaymin (both formes). I have a vague appreciation for Darkrai as the poor thing is an eternal underdog, tormented by its own ability. Also, it's the goddamn batman. and anyone who thinks differently, GET OUT. (Ye gods, that movie was so atrociously dubbed. XD)

As far as Gen 5 goes, Virizion is my top favorite, with Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem in the second place bracket.

Generation 6, thankfully, has also trimmed its number of legendaries. I quite like Xerneas and Yveltal and am wholly neutral on the new event legends. However, my true favorite of this generation - and one of my two favorite legends overall - is definitely Zygarde. Gorgeous alien serpent that is truly worthy of the title 'The Watcher in the Depths' - and even though its recently added new forms are nothing to write home about design-ways, its nature as an ecosystem-monitor compound being and the lore behind it make me love it even more.

Edit/update done.

Ha ha. I just noticed, when i vote for mew, many other people vote for it too! ;D See? I knew you guys love me!

Some legendarys I absolutley hate, like Rayquaza and Giratina. My favourite i Celebi, because it is my favourite type -grass- and it is really cute! Runners up: Jirachi and Cressilia!

Kyogre is wonderful. Its an original idea, colourful design and fitted right in with the natural feel of gen 3. And saphire is my fave :3

I had to vote Rayquaza. Why? Well tell me this: What is better than a giant green dragon that can stop two giant monsters from destroying the earth, Magically wipe out NaturalDisasters with its ability, and lives in the sky?

xxllo2 said:
I had to vote Rayquaza. Why? Well tell me this: What is better than a giant green dragon that can stop two giant monsters from destroying the earth, Magically wipe out NaturalDisasters with its ability, and lives in the sky?
Toast.

Lord Zortn said:
xxllo2 said:
Toast.
.....Touche.
Tell me THIS: What pokemon is better than a giant green dragon that can stop two giant monsters from destroying the earth, magically wipe out natural disasters with its ability, and lives in the sky?

xxllo2 said:
Lord Zortn said:
xxllo2 said:
Toast.
.....Touche.
Tell me THIS: What pokemon is better than a giant green dragon that can stop two giant monsters from destroying the earth, magically wipe out natural disasters with its ability, and lives in the sky?
...Arceus because he made the "giant green dragon that can stop two giant monsters from destroying the earth, magically wipe out natural disasters with its ability, and lives in the sky." AND because it can be any type.

I dont like the new 1 viktini or w.e its name is.. But back on topic my fav legendary is lugia. He looks so badass. And i love his aeroblast move. Me and my bro always chose dif sides in picking a dif pokemon version game. Example: he chose blue version while i chose red. His fav poke is blastoise my fav is charizard. He chose gold and i chose silver his fav legendary is ho-oh and mine is lugia. Sorry but nowaday legendaries dont compare to lugia, the only legendaries that are almost as cool as him are mewtwo latios and entei (i dont care if entei is weak hes still 1 of my favs)

I can't beleive I havent't posted here yet 0_0

Anyway, I'd have to say that Raikou is my favorite. Why? Well, it's sorta a weird story. Back when I had Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Raikou was always the first Legendary Dog/Cat/Beast I encountered. In LG, when I got the national dex, I walked out to Route 1 with Blastoise, and boom! THere he was, and I caught him there too. But my latest encounter was in Soul Silver. Again, just like GSC, he was the first I encountered, and I encountered him 3 more times too (all of this was before I even saw Entei), and I captured him with the first Fast Ball I threw. And if that wasn't odd enough, back when I collected cards, I also had a holographic Raikou too.

Well, I guess I know which beast I'll pick when the 5th gen event comes :)

I voted for Darkrai since its very cool, and his moveset is just..Awesome.
But I'm starting to regret this, Jirachi is on the exact same spot on my list. >_<
And like Magpie- I'm not a legend fan much. xD

Rex

Resident Furry
I don't use Legendaries much, though my current favorite would have to be Darkrai. Control over others nightmares, even if it is just a defensive ability that the Pokemon may have a bit of a hard time controlling, is an interesting ability. I also rather like its design.

Well, honestly, I don't use legendaries much myself. But the typing and concept of Giratina are undeniably attractive. The resistances of Dragon types, the utter coolness of Ghost types, it's that happy medium between practicality and awesomeness. Plus, the guy looks great in a top hat.

Probably Raikou, but none of the legendary dogs are on the poll. Why? Why is this so? My heart is now empty with Raikou being inneligable. Oh the shame. Oh the burning shame!

My fave legend has to be Kyogre. ainly because I love water types. And Sapphire was my first pokemon game, and Kyogre was my first legend. It has wicked moves, and someday, somehow, it's gonna beat the crap outta Groudon. XD

Well, even though my favourite type is by-far-and-away Fire, I've got to go with Groudon. When I was younger, Dinosaurs were my complete OBSESSION! Since Groudon is a dino-like thingy, and while I may not be into Dinosaurs anymore, I'll always love them, cos' they were my young childhood. Groudon all the way!

I like
emesprani384.gif
because.... I dunno, just because it's a Dragon type + it's shiny form is cool...

Why isn't Entei up there? ???

Well being he isn't up there my favorite would have to be Mewtwo, he was just a really BAMF in the movies. I wish I could use him effectively in the games but no luck :-[

Articuno, Lugia and Latias would come very close due to their designs 8)

Crazy how, as I post this, Mewtwo leads in votes. Yet, through the 6 pages I read, Lugia definitely seems to be the favorite. Have you Mewtwo fans have any respect for the ultimate Legendary to explain why you voted for him?!

First off, Mewtwo has the psychic power to create a hurricane of biblical proportions that could completely destroy the Earth. When it comes down to sheer strength and ability, Mewtwo is nearly unstoppable.

Second, take a look at Mewtwo's storyline. Mewtwo's origin is easily one of the most controversial and complex stories in all of the Pokemon series. I have a lot of respect for the dark side of Pokemon that we rarely get to see.

Mewtwo has no special abilities or signature moves in-game. Contrary to so much regarding Mewtwo's "originality", he's always been "The Original One" to me; one who needs no items or gimmicks to succeed.

To understand Mewtwo's absolute awesomeness, I suppose you have to be a veteran Pokemon fan.

My favorite has to be Celebi.

It's just so much cute and awesomeness in one little seed-sized package.
It can travel through time and it has a nice little doghouse on a stick in the Ilex Forest.

My second favorite is Jirachi.

I love its design and it's role in that movie (which I forget what it's called >_<)

I just like all the cute legendaries, but those two are my favorites.