• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...y'know who I could send there?
HAZE!
For those not in the Sequel RP chat, I've removed Chrom and Sumia from my cast and replaced them with Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) and Haze (Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country). Not only does it allow Lora to reach her full potential, but it also gives us a fun, new and unique character who can actually contribute a LOT!
Plus, I think Haze and Ogremon would be super interesting to pair together! Depending on what exactly Ogremon's original Tamer was like, Haze could remind him of her, and the Driver/Blade dynamic is similar in a few ways to the Digimon dynamic.

That'd require explaining the entirety of the ways Drivers and Blades work. I did that for Godjacob before and I don't think I have much time left, so I'll just let him copy-paste what I told him in our convo.

...y'know who I could send there?
HAZE!
For those not in the Sequel RP chat, I've removed Chrom and Sumia from my cast and replaced them with Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) and Haze (Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country). Not only does it allow Lora to reach her full potential, but it also gives us a fun, new and unique character who can actually contribute a LOT!
Plus, I think Haze and Ogremon would be super interesting to pair together! Depending on what exactly Ogremon's original Tamer was like, Haze could remind him of her, and the Driver/Blade dynamic is similar in a few ways to the Digimon dynamic.

I'm listening...

Also here is Katsu's Keyblade Leviathan
leviathan_keyblade_by_portadorx-d998x9y.png

And here is Fumi's Keyblade Pain of Solitude.
pain_of_solitude_keyblade_by_portadorx_d998l98-pre.png

Apologies for size ^^'

What was Ogremon's original Tamer like? I'd like to know whether or not Haze could match the Tamer personality and appearance wise.

Her biggest trademark was that she was a big pacifist. She didn't like fighting which clashed with Ogremon's lust for battle to split hairs from time to time. She is a creative girl with an active imagination, kind nature and love for exploration.

Haze has an active imagination, kind nature and has exploration-oriented gameplay abilities. Her main power is actually pacifistic too! So yeah, I think Haze and Ogremon has high potential for a super-fun dynamic! Let me try and pull a picture of Haze on my phone.

Haze has an active imagination, kind nature and has exploration-oriented gameplay abilities. Her main power is actually pacifistic too! So yeah, I think Haze and Ogremon has high potential for a super-fun dynamic! Let me try and pull a picture of Haze on my phone.

Okay that is a bit scary XD

But hey you get a new friend Ogremon isn't that great?

Ogremon: *Grumbles*

upload_2019-2-11_22-8-33.png

Haze, also known as Fan la Norne after being awakened by Amalthus (in main canon, that never happens in Astrid), is Lora’s second Blade. A Wind-type Blade that uses a staff as her weapon, Haze’s primary utility and ability which makes her so rare as a Blade is her ability to control the Ether flow. Through concentration, she can stop Ether from flowing into a Blade, essentially cutting them off from the source of all of their powers.

Godjacob, when the sequel comes around, prepare for the big sad. Because Haze is going to be returning in the sequel. I won't say how yet, because that's Astrid ~ Alrest Endangered spoilers, but...
Haze won't remember Ogremon.

I mean-
I was talking about the fact that it's a different Haze. If I had taken Jin, Lora and Haze from a few days earlier in the timeline, back when they were still with Addam, Mythra, Minoth, Hugo, Brighid and Aegaeon, they could've been the same. But the main premise for Alrest Endangered is that the Torna heroes lost their final battle. Kind of like the Ocarina of Time timeline split. Though Haze is going to mention to Ogremon that Blades lose their memories and return to their cores upon their Drivers dying.

Godjacob, when the sequel comes around, prepare for the big sad. Because Haze is going to be returning in the sequel. I won't say how yet, because that's Astrid ~ Alrest Endangered spoilers, but...
Haze won't remember Ogremon.

Oh the feels XD

Ogremon be sneaking around town like
View attachment 693404

To be fair, again, nobody is around in the rain. Plus this Ogremon is slightly smaller than others of his kind.

I mean-
I was talking about the fact that it's a different Haze. If I had taken Jin, Lora and Haze from a few days earlier in the timeline, back when they were still with Addam, Mythra, Minoth, Hugo, Brighid and Aegaeon, they could've been the same. But the main premise for Alrest Endangered is that the Torna heroes lost their final battle. Kind of like the Ocarina of Time timeline split. Though Haze is going to mention to Ogremon that Blades lose their memories and return to their cores upon their Drivers dying.

Which is fine, though it is gonna force a redo of their dynamic that might feel a bit repetitive.

@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader
This was actually in the sequel RP chat, so you should have been able to read it when I first said it. But here it is.

See, there's the normal people, known as Drivers. These come in a wide variety, from the human-looking Ardainians and Leftherians, to the cat-people of Gormott, to the Nopon of Argentum, to the dark-elf-looking Indoline.
All Blades come from these small rocks called Core Crystals, and Blades can come in a wide variety of shapes - from humanoid like Pyra, Brighid and Pandoria, to animals like Dromarch and Finch, to beasts like Wulfric, to... pretty much whatever, like Boreas.
In order to gain a Blade, a Driver must resonate with a Core Crystal and Awaken the Blade. Before this, the Blade has no form or memories. If the Driver has enough Aptitude, they can Awaken a Blade - several, actually, but Jay only has one. Though... he will later gain a second in Chapter 10 of Astrid - Alrest Endangered; Puipui doesn't count since he's a Nopon and not a Blade despite functioning like a Blade in battle.
So in a way, Drivers summon Blades to be their partners and servants.
Jay's the Driver, Penny's the Blade.
Godjacob: I can definitely see the connection between that and the use of Servants in the Fate series, even if really it is more of a mutual partnership rather than the people being human weapons (Theory I know that Jay wouldn't act that way.) I want them to interact.
Heh, you're not wrong. One of the main conflicts of the big villains in the main game is that they're all Blades with a vendetta against humanity, and the heroes only pull through because of the bonds between their Drivers and Blades.
You're right about Jay not acting that way - he considers Penny almost like a sister. If you want to learn about Jay and Penny, actually, as well as get a basic idea of the world of Xenoblade 2, check out my written work series Astrid - Alrest Endangered; it's where they're from. Even though Jay has only shown up as an enemy in Chapter 2 - his chapter is Chapter 3.
Another thing about Blades, actually, is that when their Driver dies they return to their Core Crystal. They can be reawakened, but they lose all memory of their past life and past Driver. Some Blades, like Brighid and Jin, managed to avoid this by writing journals - though for most Blades, they never find their journals again. Brighid's is a royal treasure, while Jin came across his through pure luck.

Speaking of sequel stuff I am claiming a sequel character. Schezo from the Puyo Puyo series. Specifically his Puyo Puyo Tetris incarnation.

Why? Cause this.

Eh, the dynamics Haze already has with her Driver and fellow Blade should differ things up enough. For example, Astrid Haze actually has some romantic seeds with her Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.