• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I'll probably take a stronger character eventually. Ngl, thought about taking a Homunculus, but first of all that'd make half of my cast FMA characters and I think that might be too much, and secondly I think they'd be crossing the threshold into "too OP". I mean, they literally cannot die unless confronted with their original remains. I'll think of a higher-tier character eventually XD
Hmm that’s not how it works. Lust and envy being particularly noiticable differences in deaths to this rule

Hiro: Shit! So many arrows, so fast! How can anyone possibly deal with them?

Master Kairi: Well, funny story my friends Sora & Riku had a similar issue but they managed to work it out.
1453313046309.gif

((FYI I have another method to avoid death that won't be as effortless.))

Hiro: Shit! So many arrows, so fast! How can anyone possibly deal with them?

Master Kairi: Well, funny story my friends Sora & Riku had a similar issue but they managed to work it out.
1453313046309.gif

((FYI I have another method to avoid death that won't be as effortless.))
This also is meant for the currently shield-less master chief as well. Plus, it’s meant to cover a retreat of sorts, and I imagine it would do a pretty good job at that XD

This also is meant for the currently shield-less master chief as well. Plus, it’s meant to cover a retreat of sorts, and I imagine it would do a pretty good job at that XD

I was just putting this gif up just in case I had, hypothetically, gone with Hiro trying to slash away the incoming arrows and it being argued as too much. Not that I think I'll go that direction.

Besides, any excuse to show off a gif of that boss fight in KH 2 is worth it XD

I was just putting this gif up just in case I had, hypothetically, gone with Hiro trying to slash away the incoming arrows and it being argued as too much. Not that I think I'll go that direction.

Besides, any excuse to show off a gif of that boss fight in KH 2 is worth it XD
Wait. He can’t even see them coming because of the tent blocking his view, so it would come as a comeolte surprise! Gotcha! ;)

Except Time Man literally just shredded a massive hole in the tent and Hiro would be able to see most of them.
Well around a foot and a half hole, yes, but that’s only a hole that’s really only visible for those that look from where Timeman was, and Chief is a bit a further away from it. And that is if you walked up to the hole rather than go to Elecman or continue on the trajectory of the attack Hiro already planned
I mean, they would have to come through the tent to get to them first.
Heavily shortening the reaction time though

Which is a shame, cause the new God of War Kratos is a bit weaker and infinitely a better character.

Still questionable to use, but with Thor with Stormbreaker accepted. King Sonic accepted, who is anyone to tell Comic he can't have Kratos.
The host himself regrets accepting thor with stormbreaker as it is. I don’t think Kratos would fly, thor really shouldn’t as it is

DOES THAT MATTER? When people think of Sonic, they don't think of Sonic from Sonic and the Black Knight. Yet that's the version I'm using. Like Godjacob said, modern Kratos is a more balanced and interesting character, plus he's got Atrius. I highly doubt Comic would take the old Kratos, as he'd basically be a fantasy Doomslayer. Meanwhile, modern Kratos is a far better fit for this RP.

DOES THAT MATTER? When people think of Sonic, they don't think of Sonic from Sonic and the Black Knight. Yet that's the version I'm using. Like Godjacob said, modern Kratos is a more balanced and interesting character, plus he's got Atrius. I highly doubt Comic would take the old Kratos, as he'd basically be a fantasy Doomslayer. Meanwhile, modern Kratos is a far better fit for this RP.
Chill out with the all caps dude. All I’m saying is that classic Kratos is beyond OP in the Rp and it shouldn’t be accepted if that’s the case. And I was simply asking what’s the difference between modern and classic Kratos?

...clearly you know nothing about modern Kratos. Because even with my lacking knowledge of the God of War series, I can see they're entirely different kids.
Classic Kratos: I HATE YOU DAD I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Modern Kratos: Son... I'm a screw-up, don't do the things I did. But at the same time, if the Gods want you to do something you feel is wrong, DO do the things I did.

I just... UGH. For someone who cares about story and plot above all else, Kratos is such a compelling character due to his evolution and change between the old games and the new game. I used to really dislike Kratos but love him now, and seeing the two versions compared and deemed the same just... it tears at me. At my soul.
It's like what would happen if you called Chrom and Lucina the same character. I would bite your head off.

I just... UGH. For someone who cares about story and plot above all else, Kratos is such a compelling character due to his evolution and change between the old games and the new game. I used to really dislike Kratos but love him now, and seeing the two versions compared and deemed the same just... it tears at me. At my soul.
It's like what would happen if you called Chrom and Lucina the same character. I would bite your head off.

Not everyone is familiar with the lore of God of War. Can't snap at them for not knowing the characters in perfect detail. Understand you are passionate about it but that doesn't excuse the snappy response is all I am saying.

Well then I will try to distinguish them. But my original intent was saying when people here ‘kratos’ they Think the god killer, not immediately to old Kratos.
Not everyone is familiar with the lore of God of War. Can't snap at them for not knowing the characters in perfect detail. Understand you are passionate about it but that doesn't excuse the snappy response is all I am saying.
Thank you for that. Although that question is still there: how strong is old Kratos?

I mean... I do. I always think old Kratos myself because he's a far more interesting, intriguing and memorable character.
As for power scaling, you'd have to ask Comic for that due to me not owning a PS4. But alongside Atrius, he did kill Baldur.

...Tbh I don't even know anything about God of War, so I didn't even know who Kratos was...

Keep in mind that this is a massive crossover thing, and we might have to explain some stuff. Heck, canons might not even align with what we're familiar with(as has already been established with the FMA and FMA:B stuff). To quote the best Space Dad to ever exist, Shiro, "Patience yields focus."

Strong enough to still be comfortable S-tier or comparable to MCU Thor.

I mean... I do. I always think old Kratos myself because he's a far more interesting, intriguing and memorable character.
As for power scaling, you'd have to ask Comic for that due to me not owning a PS4. But alongside Atrius, he did kill Baldur.

Okay. He still shouldn’t be allowed. That god he defeated when old and weak has strength comparable to thor and cannot die unless he took extreme punishment. Not only that, but he clashed with old Kratos it looks like and they both were comparable to one another. While old Kratos might be a compelling character, he is simply too powerful

Read the third bullet point. Even if old Kratos was 1/10 the strength of young Kratos, it would overpower all our characters nearly combined with raw strength.
6383B64C-8B89-42FB-99C8-F0047654A862.png

Status
Not open for further replies.