• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
i'm using Old Man Kratos. if he's accepted, of course. obviously we'd have to limit his powers, but did you say that Thor's power has been limited?
because i disagree. he's been a tank this entire rp, while also acting more like his comic counterpart. please tell me i'm not the only one who's noticed Thor in the rp has been acting more 'hear hear, i'm the mighty thor!' rather than the goofball he's become.
anyway, just like i did with Artemis, i'd obviously have to lessen the immense power of Kratos. not to mention take away some of his powers, like his ability to control time after he killed the three sisters of fate.
and i don't mean like Timeman can control time.
i mean Kratos can literally control the very essence of time.
Sure, you can use him, Kratos just seemed a tad bit too powerful, but he seems ok with what you're gonna do.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
i'm using Old Man Kratos. if he's accepted, of course. obviously we'd have to limit his powers, but did you say that Thor's power has been limited?
because i disagree. he's been a tank this entire rp, while also acting more like his comic counterpart. please tell me i'm not the only one who's noticed Thor in the rp has been acting more 'hear hear, i'm the mighty thor!' rather than the goofball he's become.
anyway, just like i did with Artemis, i'd obviously have to lessen the immense power of Kratos. not to mention take away some of his powers, like his ability to control time after he killed the three sisters of fate.
and i don't mean like Timeman can control time.
i mean Kratos can literally control the very essence of time.

Sure, you can use him, Kratos just seemed a tad bit too powerful, but he seems ok with what you're gonna do.
Important question! To what degree is he being nerfed? Because 100% Kratos can lift 5% of the globe with his sheer strength

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Important question! To what degree is he being nerfed? Because 100% Kratos can lift 5% of the globe with his sheer strength
you can't limit Kratos by percentages, considering he's still breaking his limitations on each new installment, so i can't give you an educated hypothesis on the matter.
just trust he won't obliterate Thor with a couple blows, because normal Kratos could so wipe the floor with Thor.

you can't limit Kratos by percentages, considering he's still breaking his limitations on each new installment, so i can't give you an educated hypothesis on the matter.
just trust he won't obliterate Thor with a couple blows, because normal Kratos could so wipe the floor with Thor.
What do you think then would be his strength level, and what powers would he have? Important things to take into account when your nerfing a incredibly powerful character. What skills will survive the nerf?

comic

well, i'll be taking away his ability to go back in time, but i'm not completely disregarding time manipulation. like Timeman, Kratos can slow down time itself to an extent, or even slow down one thing while the rest of the world progresses normally.
alongside his strength, i'll be bringing his strength down to match Thor blow for blow.
Kratos also has a pair of wings that appear when he needs them. i don't think he uses them in the new God of War, but he used them a lot in God of War 3.
Kratos' speed, in question, is actually super impressive, along with his reaction time. i'll be reducing his reaction time to be similar to that of Master Chief's. his speed is going to be reduced a bit, as well, but not by a ton.
his endurance and stamina will remain fairly the same. this dude is literally designed to be a tank, so rather than being simple around to fight, i'm going to have him become more of a leader for the others. he was a captain of the Spartan army in his earlier years, and he actually grows attached to others far easier than you'd expect. he once developed a fatherly bond with Pandora in the small amount of time he knew her, and became fiercely protective of her until her death. it's no question that Kratos will go to any length to fulfill his goals. hell, the dude destroyed the Titans of Greek Mythology and the Gods of Olympus, just so he could exact revenge against his father, Zeus.
so, when he's introduced, his main goal will be to return home and reunite with his son.

well, i'll be taking away his ability to go back in time, but i'm not completely disregarding time manipulation. like Timeman, Kratos can slow down time itself to an extent, or even slow down one thing while the rest of the world progresses normally.
alongside his strength, i'll be bringing his strength down to match Thor blow for blow.
Kratos also has a pair of wings that appear when he needs them. i don't think he uses them in the new God of War, but he used them a lot in God of War 3.
Kratos' speed, in question, is actually super impressive, along with his reaction time. i'll be reducing his reaction time to be similar to that of Master Chief's. his speed is going to be reduced a bit, as well, but not by a ton.
his endurance and stamina will remain fairly the same. this dude is literally designed to be a tank, so rather than being simple around to fight, i'm going to have him become more of a leader for the others. he was a captain of the Spartan army in his earlier years, and he actually grows attached to others far easier than you'd expect. he once developed a fatherly bond with Pandora in the small amount of time he knew her, and became fiercely protective of her until her death. it's no question that Kratos will go to any length to fulfill his goals. hell, the dude destroyed the Titans of Greek Mythology and the Gods of Olympus, just so he could exact revenge against his father, Zeus.
so, when he's introduced, his main goal will be to return home and reunite with his son.

Sounds like using Old Man Kratos as a base, but still giving him his God of War 1-3 features on top of it. I am terrified to be honest.

So if I’m correct:

•takes timeman’s Primary ability of time slow
•takes thor’s primary ability of strength
•cheif’s wicked reaction time.
•and can fly.

....seems like he basically took the best abilities of characters and mashed them together. It seems incredibly powerful, still stronger than any of our cast.

comic

Sounds like using Old Man Kratos as a base, but still giving him his God of War 1-3 features on top of it. I am terrified to be honest.
lol. yeah, Kratos will be a force to be reckoned with, hence why i'll be using him more for narrative purposes. if anybody has a villain they wish to stick around for a while, best to keep their narrative from entwining with Kratos's.

lol. yeah, Kratos will be a force to be reckoned with, hence why i'll be using him more for narrative purposes. if anybody has a villain they wish to stick around for a while, best to keep their narrative from entwining with Kratos's.

I am not a fan of this. Makes Kratos out to be better than literally every other character and the plot is only interesting when he isn't around.

comic

I am not a fan of this. Makes Kratos out to be better than literally every other character and the plot is only interesting when he isn't around.
eh, well, he's already been accepted.
besides, as i've stated more than once, he'll be able to compete with Thor.
i don't see you complaining about him anymore, so i don't see what the problem is.

i don't see you complaining about him anymore, so i don't see what the problem is.

I've literally made a mention of Thor every time a new OP character is mentioned. I still think him having Stormbreaker is a terrible idea.

He took the best traits of of the best characters and fused them together to be a practically unstoppable force. Timeman’s time slow is still being called OP by eevee, and now you have it too and on KRATOS of all people

comic

so, i may as well update my character list.
I've literally made a mention of Thor every time a new OP character is mentioned. I still think him having Stormbreaker is a terrible idea.
well, Thor is clearly sticking around for a while longer.
don't think about it too much. i'm not an idiot. i'm not going to have Kratos waltz in and own the place. his introduction will be in a long time, and it will be gradual, and i'll make sure to not undermine the characters he joins.

don't think about it too much. i'm not an idiot. i'm not going to have Kratos waltz in and own the place. his introduction will be in a long time, and it will be gradual, and i'll make sure to not undermine the characters he joins.

I don't see how that's even possible at all. Even if you don't try, his abilities are so far beyond everyone's that it will just be a natural consequence. Same issue I have with Lucario's group with Thor around now that they are about to do something.

Him taking his time is hardly a limitation for him. He can just go all out and destroy any OC that comes at him. Having the best traits of our OC’s including thor’s Matched strength already makes him far better than thor, who was already OP. When the plot can’t function because a character exists that’s a problem.
I don't see how that's even possible at all. Even if you don't try, his abilities are so far beyond everyone's that it will just be a natural consequence. Same issue I have with Lucario's group with Thor around now that they are about to do something.
Yeah, everyone’s characters can’t do anything about him aside MAYBE thor, and that’s a maybe because he is facing someone with better abilities and more of them

comic

Sans (Active)
Snake (Active)
Negan - Symbiote Bonded (Active)
Logan (Active)
Master Chief (Active)
Doomslayer (Active)
Rick (Abandoned)
Morty (Abandoned)
Artemis (Unknown)
??? (Unknown)
Agent Carolina (Unknown) (If she's accepted)
Kratos (Unknown)
well, Kratos is already accepted. you've been complaining about Thor, and while Lettuce is uncomfortable with having Thor, the God of Thunder remains, and he'll likely stay a while.
just drop it, yo. i'm tired and not exactly in the mood to debate why my character, Kratos (who's already been accepted, did i mention that) should be in this rp.
i understand how you view things. your cast, save for a couple, are mostly leveled out and on a similar tier. i get why you have a problem with this.
i know Shen just has a problem with anyone undermining his precious Timeman.
so instead of having this pointless debate, how about we just get on with our lives, and continue this rp. yeah? sounds like a good idea? glad we're in agreement.
now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go play Halo 2.

Sans (Active)
Snake (Active)
Negan - Symbiote Bonded (Active)
Logan (Active)
Master Chief (Active)
Doomslayer (Active)
Rick (Abandoned)
Morty (Abandoned)
Artemis (Unknown)
??? (Unknown)
Agent Carolina (Unknown) (If she's accepted)
Kratos (Unknown)
well, Kratos is already accepted. you've been complaining about Thor, and while Lettuce is uncomfortable with having Thor, the God of Thunder remains, and he'll likely stay a while.
just drop it, yo. i'm tired and not exactly in the mood to debate why my character, Kratos (who's already been accepted, did i mention that) should be in this rp.
i understand how you view things. your cast, save for a couple, are mostly leveled out and on a similar tier. i get why you have a problem with this.
i know Shen just has a problem with anyone undermining his precious Timeman.
so instead of having this pointless debate, how about we just get on with our lives, and continue this rp. yeah? sounds like a good idea? glad we're in agreement.
now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go play Halo 2.

Woah, hey. A sudden dig at me there with Timeman for whatever reason.

And he said he’d accept your character IF he were nerfed to a reasonable level. This....This isn’t reasonable. And just saying “just move on” isn’t going to change that. It’s not pointless as it undermines ALL of our other characters

comic

Yes, you may use them, also, I thought you were nerfing him to Thor levels of strength.
jesus, Godjacob and Shen both can't comprehend the fact that I am, as I've stated many times.
here, just so they can see it clearly in writing.

KRATOS.
IS.
BEING.
NERFED.

there, was that clear enough? jesus, you guys are complaining about nothing.

jesus, Godjacob and Shen both can't comprehend the fact that I am, as I've stated many times.

KRATOS.
IS.
BEING.
NERFED.

And we are trying to tell you that you already explained your nerf, and it isn’t enough of a nerf, it still puts him higher than thor plus many other upgrades.

KRATOS.
IS.
BEING.
NERFED.

My concern is your nerfs are not nerfs. You are not just using old Kratos, you are using him plus God of War 1-3 upgrades. That's not really nerfing in my humble opinion. I'm willing to give benefit of a doubt but I am just skeptical and worried is all. For not just my cast, but for like 90% of the cast.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Listen, lets not get at each-others necks here, or however they saying goes, but you kinda make it sound like you're keeping his strongest abilities, like the time slow, while that does seem like it could be fun, Timeman fills that role, Chief's reaction time is also being taken, then there's the wings that he gains, that's just flight, that's kind of better, because other characters can fly too, But paired with the other things, It makes him look like the character that is covering of all abilities, but he's as strong as Thor with melee, Thor is a god and the all round character is as strong as him. I get that we'd all want a god character, but Kratos kills gods like Hades, or other gods, he kills giants that are also gods, so what I'm saying is that, even though you're nerfing him, He's still Kratos, and he's always gonna be Kratos, nerfing him makes him less Kratos, what makes Kratos.. well, Kratos, is the fact that he's a god killer, the god of war, and we're not asking for you to make him C class, but we're just asking you to weaken him, like you did with Artemis, Because he's such a power house, and the all round character, we just want all of our characters to shine in combat, that's why we made the groups, not only so we didn't have 20+ characters in one spot, but so that the characters that are weaker get a chance to shine, In the case of Dipper, it's his intellect. For Angel, it's his impersonation abilities as well as the fact that he can hide his emotions.
Working on it ASAP. Sorry just got back to a computer.
It's all chill, just reminding you.

I don’t think Kratos should have his things from his March on Olympus aside from the Blades of Chaos, since he’d probably have gotten rid of them and that’s stretching his power a bit. Those are the only things that seem off to me about him. Aside from that, nerfing him to Thor tier is good. You can’t nerf him much more without ruining his character.
And Z can tell when an extremely strong character’s around. He’ll be avoiding Thor and Kratos for a while.

I don’t think Kratos should have his things from his March on Olympus aside from the Blades of Chaos, since he’d probably have gotten rid of them and that’s stretching his power a bit. Those are the only things that seem off to me about him. Aside from that, nerfing him to Thor tier is good. You can’t nerf him much more without ruining his character.
And Z can tell when an extremely strong character’s around. He’ll be avoiding Thor and Kratos for a while.
I’d say under thor level, since we are including stormbreaker here

And we're also including the Blades of Chaos because Kratos gets them back in God of War (IV) :p
But since he’s older Kratos these nerfs are magnified a bit, making him physically weaker than thor, but keeping the blades of chaos.

But no master chief level reaction time or Timeman time slow. Flight I see no problem with

I actually have the opposite problems? Giving him the wings contradicts a major point of previous canon, and Kratos' time slows are still useful. Actually, can Kratos slow down time in God of Four...?
Also I can easily believe Kratos has Master Chief-level reaction time. Otherwise, he would be killed by the Norse foes SO many times over. Have you seen those Valkyrie fights?

actually have the opposite problems? Giving him the wings contradicts a major point of previous canon, and Kratos' time slows are still useful. Actually, can Kratos slow down time in God of Four...?
I could give or take the wings. But time slow is already established by @TheChildOfTheLettuceField as unnecessary and copied timeman’s Role.

Chief level reaction time....eh.....since he’s older his senses could have dulled

Hiro and Chief have Time Man outmatched here, and Cut Man helped Hiro out. I swear to god, they'd BETTER keep the Robot Masters...
Hiro’s powers are out. It’s basically only Chief. And he just Saw his opponents use lightning and time powers and fight off a black hole attack. He might be above his pay grade for a squabble he probably doesn’t even care about.

Fair, but that doesn't mean Chief is about to let the robot that just helped him out get taken by someone who's clearly his enemy without an explanation.
Besides, Cut Man and Elec Man belong to Team Hiro now.

Fair, but that doesn't mean Chief is about to let the robot that just helped him out get taken by someone who's clearly his enemy without an explanation.
Besides, Cut Man and Elec Man belong to Team Hiro now.
You can’t say ‘nope there are team Hiro now’ as an argument. In fact, it’s only in @Godjacob and @Comic ’s hands now.

Also, Chief has shown to care very little for this situation, only caring about Hiro being attacked, and Timeman is compromising to stop just that. So his motivation has just been cut.

Alright, then let me say this.
Literally the entire fight, I have been gunning to have Cut Man and Elec Man end up with Team Hiro.
I have made plans for future events in the HeroSquad world and the Fenrir Far East Branch that require Cut Man and Elec Man being part of Team Hiro.
Hiro himself, powerless as he may be, got help from Cut Man and should want to keep him safe, and at the moment Master Chief is on Hiro's side, so Cut Man and Elec Man should end up with Team Hiro.
And I will be legitimately pissed if Time Man pulls them away and gets Cut Man corrupted as well.

Alright, then let me say this.
Literally the entire fight, I have been gunning to have Cut Man and Elec Man end up with Team Hiro.
I have made plans for future events in the HeroSquad world and the Fenrir Far East Branch that require Cut Man and Elec Man being part of Team Hiro.
Hiro himself, powerless as he may be, got help from Cut Man and should want to keep him safe, and at the moment Master Chief is on Hiro's side, so Cut Man and Elec Man should end up with Team Hiro.
And I will be legitimately pissed if Time Man pulls them away and gets Cut Man corrupted as well.
Whatever happens happens, it’s just a matter of what their character’s are like. Chief makes sound tactical decisions that don’t jeopardize his crew. Perusing a fight he didn’t even want to be a part of would only further jeopardize the out of energy Hiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.