• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fledgling Dreams, A Journey Through Hoen

Catching raven as she stumbled again Kasper decided to ask her "do you want to take a break. I could set up a tent to get us out of the storm for a little"

"Sure just help me keep it from blowing away. We can't stake it in in the sand so we'll have to hold it down with our weight" he explained setting down his pack and releasing Charmander and Treeko "Charmander, CookieTheif. Help me hold the tent down. Raven, you crawl inside and we'll set it up around you". It took nearly twice as long to set up the tent than normal due to the sandstorm buffeting the group. But eventually they completed the task and Kasper thanked his Pokémon before returning them and joining Raven in the tent.

Raven let out her Pokemon once she was inside the tent to make it heavier.
"Is Charmander okay?" She asked
"I hope the sand didn't hurt him too much." Raven said hoping the sand didn't put his flame out.

Raven removed her mask for the time being, her face was a bit red from the sand.
"That's good, and yes, it would not be pleasant if the tent caught on fire." She said with a small smile.
"I hope your Uncle has a shower. I do not want sand in my clothes and hair for the rest of my life." Raven joked.

Kasper blushed mildly at a passing thought "most people have showers" he laughed
"What made you want to travel with Pokémon?" He asked the girl, quickly changing the subject.

"Good point." She blushed in embarrassment.
"I think I wanted to travel with my Pokemon because they didn't judge me, like I said before, I was just a pretty face, but Pokemon think otherwise, they find me as a kind and determined girl. What about you?" Raven asked as she stroked Chikorita.

"I guess it just seemed like a better alternative than what my life at home was becoming." Kasper let out a deep sigh " I knew I had family here in Hoenn but I never imagined I would be keeping such good company so soon. In short. I had a sheltered, lonely childhood where everything was provided for me. I wanted to see the world, and learn how to live for myself for a change"

Raven turned her face so Kasper wouldn't see her blush.
"Awe, you think I'm good company." She punched him playfully.
"But yes, I want to see the world as well."
"I don't have any siblings, so I was always an introvert, and I never had the joy of friends. But now, I have great friends." Raven let out a sigh of content.

The roaring winds outside had slowly died down over the course of their conversation and Kasper noticed this letting out another sign "it seems it's time to move on" he says tying his mask back on before offering to help raven with hers again

Raven accepted his help and climbed out of the tent.
"Okay, umm, which way?" She asked.
"It's not th-" Raven was cut off by a piece of paper buried under the sand.
"Wow, this is so lucky!" she exclaimed as she pulled a map out of the sand.
"Here. I'm not very good with directions." Raven said as she gave him the map.

Glancing over the map quickly before stuffing into his bag out of fear that he would let it blow away again he pointed to the left "that way should be north, we should be able to reach the edge of the desert by sundown"

"Well of course, if we weren't going to meet your Uncle, we wouldn't have gone through this fricken desert!" She said.
"But I am excited to meet your Uncle, and while we are there we can go to the hot springs." Raven smiled.
"I've heard that the springs can cure any illness." She said in awe.

Kaspers attention we diverted from his partner as he noticed a stirring in the earth several feet away "Look Raven! There's something under the ground over there" he shouted excitedly pointing at the moving bulge of sand
"Go, CookieTheif!. Use bullet seed on the ground over there. He pointed to the moving earth as Treeko released a barrage of seeds Kicking up sand as they struck the ground. The cry of the burried Pokémon could rang out as it sprung from the ground "Pinch!" An orange quadruped Pokémon with a large head and spiked jaws emerged to face Treeko "hit it with another bullet seed" Kasper ordered. But the Trapinch was too quick, evading the attack by using dig it burrowed under the ground emerging just below Treeko, knocking it into the air. "Bullet seed again" this one met is mark knocking the trapinch back staggering it. "Finish it with your slam attack!" But the wild Pokémon was ready. Grabbing Treeko' stall it pulled the little grass Pokémon under the sand with it. Emerging moments later, Treeko having fainted. "Treeko return" in a flash of red light the little unconscious lizard was pulled back into its pokeball "Houndour, finish it off" Kasper called as he threw another pokeball, this time releasing the dark dog Pokémon he had caught yesterday. "Use dark pulse!" Trapinch was worn out and unable to dodge the wave of darkness, as it struck the wild Pokémon Kasper released an empty pokeball clenching his fists until the ball rested quietly in the sand "yes! I caught it" he congratulated himself. Picking up the pokeball and attaching it to his belt.

Raven laughed at the name Kasper gave to Treeko.
"Oh man, I don't think I can ever look at Treeko the same." She wiped tears from her laughter away.
"Hey look!" Raven pointed in the distance the lights of Lavaridge town.
"Come on!" She took Kasper by the hand and ran her best in the sand to the Town.

Walking into lavaridge town the pair of trainers is greeted by a warm breeze blowing down from Mt.Chimney, refreshing in spite of the desert they had spent the day hiking through. Though it wasn't that late the town was dark in the shadow of the great volcano above.

"Oh shit" Kasper said, shocked "I think we lost Rose in the sandstorm, I haven't seen her since we took that break" he said concerned "I'm sure she'll catch up..."

From the center of the town every building could be seen. More of a village than a Town there was a Pokémon center, a shop, several houses, a Pokémon gym and of course the mystical healing spa. People from around the world have heard stories of the supposed healing properties of bathing in the mineral rich waters flowing from the heart of the volcano.

In the distance Kasper saw a flash of light, fire! Running over to investigate he was greeted by a trainer with long red hair held up in a spikey ponytail that looked like an explosion, she was wearing a black crop top shirt and long blue jeans. Her body was slick with sweat and soot from her hard training.

"Welcome to lavaridge" she smiled at the trainers "I'm Flannery, the gym leader here. You weren't spying on my training hoping to get an advantage in a gym match" she teased with a wink

"No" Kasper said scratching the back of his head "I actually came to town looking for my uncle, I just arrived from Kanto yesterday and I was told by my grandfather that he lived in lavaridge"

"From Kanto you say" said the gym leader thinking for a moment before sticking one finger in the air, remembering something "there's only one man here from kanto, his name is Jason Race" she pointed at one of the nearby houses "he lives over there" lit by the streetlight Kasper could see a rather plain house. One story, Brown siding and a red roof. It certainly fit in with the rest of the rustic buildings in the town.

Thanking the gym leader Kasper started to walk away by was stopped when Flannery shouted "Hey!" Turning around he was met by the young woman jogging over to him "make sure the both of you visit the lavaridge gym before you leave town" she said before waving the two trainers off.

Walking towards the house a little ways Kasper turned to Raven "so should we see if he's home, or wait until tomorrow?"

"Oh, you are right! I do hope she finds her way." She says
'We should see if he is home, he might let us spend the night." Raven said.
"So, after we meet your Uncle, I am going to the springs, and in the Morning, I'm battling the gym." She exclaimed with a tinge of excitement.
"Hello? Anybody home?" Raven asked as she knocked on the door.

"Oh, there you guys are!" Rose said, running forward from the Pokemon Center. "I heard you guys say something about stopping but then I lost you, so I just kept walking towards lavaridge town" Rose said, she released Ali and Sam, who both patiently sat in your arms. "So... Is this your uncle's house Kasper?" She asked.

"Mind if I come to the springs with you" Kas asks Raven as the pair approaches the door

"One minute!" A gruff mans voice call from inside the house. Waiting for the man to answer the door Kasper notices rose having caught up with them "I'm glad you made it out of the desert rose" he says to her. As a tall man with a thick black beard and striking green eyes answers the door. He is wearing a white tank top and kaki pants.

"How can I help you kids?" The man asks In a jovial tone

"I was actually wondering if you were the son of Sedric Artair." Kasper said to the man
"I am" he replies looking worried "has something happened, is my father ok"
"My grandfather is just fine" Kasper assures his uncle "he used to tell me I had an uncle who lived in the Hoenn region, I'm your brother's son, Kasper"
"Kasper!" The man exclaims " I haven't seen you since you were a wee babe, come in come in all of you!"

"Oh, Hello" Rose said to Kasper's uncle, "I'm Rose Grant and this is my Fennekin Ali and my Zigzagoon Samantha" She said, introducing herself to the man. Ali smiled at Kasper's Uncle but Sam was still pretty shy.

The little home was quite cozy, lit by a single fireplace. The main room had a small kitchenette a table, a couch and a television. Down the hallway we're three doors. Presumably bedrooms and a bathroom.

The table was set for a dinner of one. But kasper's uncle quickly set out three more plates, filling all four positions at the table.

The tv was the only sound in the house aside from the crackling of logs in the fireplace, you could hear something about a bombing at a place called BTU.

"There's pleanty of chili if you're hungry" kaspers uncle said as he ladeled out bowls for his new guests.

After dinner the trio washed the sand from themselves and called it a night, the day long treck through the desert had taking quite a toll on the three young trainers, and they needed all the sleep they could get for the long days ahead of them

Last edited:
Rose had washed herself and gratefully eaten the food that Kasper's uncle gave them. She was sitting on a couch but ended up falling a sleep on it. The desert area had really tired her out, so she was grateful to not be sleeping in a tent.

Waking up on the floor of his uncles living room Kasper pushes himself to his feet and walks to the door. It seems he was the first one up. Putting his shoes on he heads out into the crisp morning air.

Rose woke up soon after Kasper, she grabbed an apple out of her lunch pack and wolfed it down. She then walked outside to join Kasper, it was pretty hot in Lavaridge Town.

Raven woke up and headed outside to the springs, grabbing her black swim shorts and navy blue bikini top.
"I guess I will have to battle the gym later." She mumbled as she went to the springs.
"Excuse me, I was wondering if the springs mended scars as well as cure illnesses." Raven asked the receptionist.
"Unfortunately no, I am sorry to disappoint you." The women said.
"No, it's okay." She said as she took her cover up off, revealing a nasty scar the came from her left shoulder down to her right hip. Raven got in the springs as quick as she could, hoping that nobody was there to see.

Rose saw what Raven was doing and rushed back into the house. She walked out wearing an orange swimsuit, she had also tied her hair up in a bun. By the time she had gotten out, Raven was already in the springs. Rose gave a small smile and slid herself into the springs, sighing as she relaxed into the warmth.

Having finished his morning training Kas saw rose headed towards the spa from the house. Not wanting to be left out he too grabbed a swimsuit and left for the spa.

Kasper waved to the girls as he slipped into the hotspring water "goodmorning everyone " he smiled wading over "did everyone sleep well"

"It could have been better." She sighed rubbing her shoulder's.
"My beautiful little Pokemon thought it would be a nice idea to lay on my chest all night, so I couldn't move, now I am all stiff." Raven groaned.
"That's one of the reasons why I left so early for the spa." She said.

Taking a seat next to Raven
"this is great" Kasper said with a sigh as he sunk lower into the water "my Pokémon and I just finished training when I saw you headed for the spa. "Couldn't let you have all the fun without me"

Raven moved her back towards the wall to minimize the risk of her scars being seen.
"After the springs, I am getting lunch, did you guys want anything?" She asked as she put her hair up.

'Now could be my chance' Kas thought to himself as he attempted to put an arm around Raven

In an attempt to remain casual Kasper continued with the conversation "I didn't see any restaurants when we came to town, so we might just have to make camp food again"

Raven tensed when Kasper put his arm around her, then blushed.
"I- um- that would be fine." Raven stuttered.
"I can make cookies too, now that we have an oven." She said with a nervous laugh.

"I'm doing fine, I had quite a nice sleep" Rose said. She watched as Kasper put his arm around Raven and she giggled quietly, this could be interesting. "Oh yeah, that reminds me, we should hike up the volcano sometime while we're here. It could be fun!" Rose said, rolling her shoulders. The past few days hadn't been like anything she'd experienced before, and she lived with a house full of kids in the wild.