• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
Abusable. There’d come a point where a guy would have many elemental versions of ice beam, thunderbolt, flamethrower, etc. imagine the clefables...*shudders*
How would a guy create a different element version of an elemental attack? What like fire Ice Beam?

Hmmm, so can we say 6-8 moves sounds like a solid number to have?
I like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not but Serena was the only one who actually had a serious talk with him when he was overly depressed
If you're trying to argue that Serena is better than Dawn...then you're wrong, I'm not sure why you'd think that. But, we here in Sinnoh don't judge people for their mistakes. Go forth in peace and love.
How would a guy create a different element version of an elemental attack? What like fire Ice Beam?
Lmfao, wanna try me?

I can most certainly come up with some decent variation to it.

Most definitely, Zoey made Coordinating good. Like it was always okay before, but the way it was treated in Sinnoh, I felt like they were way more serious about it. Like the fact, Dawn lost a competition because she was too flashy and it distracted from the Pokemon themselves. I feel like the judging had some real thought to it.

Also

TMs
Hms
Move Tutors

How shall we be treating those?

Diamond & Pearl is my fav series for this reason. Dawn's journey was not just a B-plot while Ash did cool things. There was care and love put into it to make Dawn's quest as important as Ash's. It was taken seriously.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Diamond & Pearl is my fav series for this reason. Dawn's journey was not just a B-plot while Ash did cool things. There was care and love put into it to make Dawn's quest as important as Ash's. It was taken seriously.

Here here to that.

Also, I imagine newt trying to specialize in normal/passive pokemon, like ones that would defend themselves first rather than pick a fight, sorta to reflect his own personality

Name: Devin Samson/The Magnificent Mysterion
Starter: Rockruff
Appearance: Is a young man of average height with short black hair, dark eyes, freckles and a scar just across his right cheek. Wears a white top under a dark green vest and a pair of grey bottoms and some black tennis shoes for his usual attire. When he moves to the stage as a Coordinator he wore a black tuxedo and black pants with fancy shoes. He face is covered by a Cubone mask with a black top hat and cape when in his Mysterion persona.
Personality: Normally Devin is a well meaning if not kinda a dork as a person. He is quite competitive and tries his best in any given situation to come off as cool and in control of the situation...only to typically be flustered as he is a bit shy and sometimes acts before he thinks. His Mysterion persona is delightfully hammy and over the top. Exaggerating words and ending on emphasis without exception. He is quite charismatic if not a bit overdramatic and often has overly comical reactions to situations.
Backstory: Devin grew up the son of a single father living mostly a modest life. While he always had dreams himself of one day raising a trophy as Pokemon League Champion, his father who had tried and failed a similar goal in the past, put added pressure on him to not only be a good trainer but the best trainer as anything less was unacceptable. That is but one source of many conflicts, the biggest of which concerns contest as Devin became obsessed with the grace, style and skill Coordinators displayed while his father dismissed it as nonsense for girls or guys trying to be girls and as such not worth any focus. Devin was hurt by this and felt his passion only grow as he watched in privtte and knowing his father wouldn't accept this life he decided to try and shoot for the stars. Developing an in-ring persona with a mask to compete in contests as he aims to reach the top of the Trainer & Coordinator world.
Other: He is ambidextrous, which is handy cause he writes documents or paperwork as Mysterion with his right hand and others with his left hand as himself.

Appearance: Is a young man of average height with short black hair, dark eyes, freckles and a scar just across his right cheek. Wears a white top under a dark green vest and a pair of grey bottoms and some black tennis shoes for his usual attire. When he moves to the stage as a Coordinator he wore a black tuxedo and black pants with fancy shoes. He face is covered by a Cubone mask with a black top hat and cape when in his Mysterion persona.
Personality: Normally Devin is a well meaning if not kinda a dork as a person. He is quite competitive and tries his best in any given situation to come off as cool and in control of the situation...only to typically be flustered as he is a bit shy and sometimes acts before he thinks. His Mysterion persona is delightfully hammy and over the top. Exaggerating words and ending on emphasis without exception. He is quite charismatic if not a bit overdramatic and often has overly comical reactions to situations.
Backstory: Devin grew up the son of a single father living mostly a modest life. While he always had dreams himself of one day raising a trophy as Pokemon League Champion, his father who had tried and failed a similar goal in the past, put added pressure on him to not only be a good trainer but the best trainer as anything less was unacceptable. That is but one source of many conflicts, the biggest of which concerns contest as Devin became obsessed with the grace, style and skill Coordinators displayed while his father dismissed it as nonsense for girls or guys trying to be girls and as such not worth any focus. Devin was hurt by this and felt his passion only grow as he watched in privtte and knowing his father wouldn't accept this life he decided to try and shoot for the stars. Developing an in-ring persona with a mask to compete in contests as he aims to reach the top of the Trainer & Coordinator world.
Other: He is ambidextrous, which is handy cause he writes documents or paperwork as Mysterion with his right hand and others with his left hand as himself.
I ship with Ellen, right off the bat.

That aside, I can see an interesting dynamic for them as rivals. They do a nice contrast.

Name: Kenjiro Kane (Nickname Ken)
Height: 5'6
Appearance: Has a pretty average build, relatively short for his age with rather long black hair which his bangs are swept over his right eye. He wears a black jacket over a red T-shirt, wears grey pants and black boots. A black fedora hat decorate his head.
Personality: Ken has a very laid back and relaxed character, is often seen as lazy and incompetent. However, that lazy persona take a drastic change when he's battling, he becomes a serious and enthusiastic person and gets very excited during the heat of battles. Great at improvising in tough situations. Battle enthusiasts and likes learning more about pokemon and furthering his knowledge. He is rather oblivious of most things but can get really focused on something that interest him.
Backstory: Ken was born in Sunyshore City in Sinnoh. He was exposed to pokemon as a young age due to his parent's field in pokemon researching. Following his parents, Ken also grew a big interest in all things pokemon including researching them and battling with them. He grew up in the Sinnoh region till he was 9, helping his parents and learning about pokemon along the way. At the age of 10, his family moved to the Kanto region when they were asked to transfer there for their work. Taking this opportunity, Ken learned a lot more about pokemon by helping out at the labs and fields. he doesn't have any grand goals like winning the pokemon league or anything, all he wants is to spend time having fun with pokemon while learning more about them.
Skills:
  • He knows how to cook
  • can improvise strategies on the spot
  • Has a pretty vast knowledge of Pokémon that he gained thought out his early exposure to them

Pokemon
Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Geb
Ability: Torrent

Description: Geb is a normal sized Squirtle. He was Ken's first pokemon, given to him on his tenth birthday after moving to Kanto. Laid back and easygoing but can get tense when needed.

spent quite a while writing that

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Only saw this now, but just letting you know - Dusk Lycanroc is perfectly fine and not considered a "Special" Pokemon that requires approval. Feel free to go wild with dorito doges. ^^

(Also, sweet merciful frell, lots of unnecessary double posts and images of dubious origin. Remember. We have rules concerning the use of images in the RP forum. I've removed the ones used - if those do comply with our rules, you may edit your posts again and re-introduce them, but please provide proper attribution! x_x

Last edited:

Oh my I love it! XD the personna and the over the top-ness makes it all better. We have quite the colorful cast

Name: Kenjiro Kane (Nickname Ken)
Height: 5'6
Appearance: Has a pretty average build, relatively short for his age with rather long black hair which his bangs are swept over his right eye. Due to his long hair and neutral physique, Ken often gets mistaken for a girl when people first see him. He wears a black jacket over a red T-shirt, wears grey pants and black boots. A black fedora hat decorate his head.
Personality: Ken has a very laid back and relaxed character, is often seen as lazy and incompetent. However, that lazy persona take a drastic change when he's battling, he becomes a serious and enthusiastic person and gets very excited during the heat of battles. Great at improvising in tough situations. Battle enthusiasts and likes learning more about pokemon and furthering his knowledge. He is rather oblivious of most things but can get really focused on something that interest him.
Backstory: Ken was born in Sunyshore City in Sinnoh. He was exposed to pokemon as a young age due to his parent's field in pokemon researching. Following his parents, Ken also grew a big interest in all things pokemon including researching them and battling with them. He grew up in the Sinnoh region till he was 9, helping his parents and learning about pokemon along the way. At the age of 10, his family moved to the Kanto region when they were asked to transfer there for their work. Taking this opportunity, Ken learned a lot more about pokemon by helping out at the labs and fields. he doesn't have any grand goals like winning the pokemon league or anything, all he wants is to spend time having fun with pokemon while learning more about them.
Skills:
  • He knows how to cook
  • can improvise strategies on the spot
  • Has a pretty vast knowledge of Pokémon that he gained thought out his early exposure to them

Pokemon
Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Geb
Ability: Torrent

Description: Geb is a normal sized Squirtle. He was Ken's first pokemon, given to him on his tenth birthday after moving to Kanto. Laid back and easygoing but can get tense when needed.

spent quite a while writing that

Love how we all come from the sinnoh XD. A pretty solid character, I think he and newt would get along well

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
previous post so i can not double post but get in your guys notification:
Rip I don't think ya'll are going to be much help with an Evil Team plot to take over the region lol

Well I guess I can make a gym battler. Personally I'm inclined to make my starter caught by myself instead of given to me. Would give a contrast to normal starters being rare Pokemon specific trainers get. Instead I could've caught a low-level Pokemon and then work on it from there to get a good team. Not sure if I want to put that in the bio or catch the Pokemon in the RP tho...

new post:
tbh i wanted to be a guy that wasn’t allowed to get a trainer license so i became a trainer illegally and did plans to make a powerful criminal organization

previous post so i can not double post but get in your guys notification:
Rip I don't think ya'll are going to be much help with an Evil Team plot to take over the region lol

Well I guess I can make a gym battler. Personally I'm inclined to make my starter caught by myself instead of given to me. Would give a contrast to normal starters being rare Pokemon specific trainers get. Instead I could've caught a low-level Pokemon and then work on it from there to get a good team. Not sure if I want to put that in the bio or catch the Pokemon in the RP tho...

new post:
tbh i wanted to be a guy that wasn’t allowed to get a trainer license so i became a trainer illegally and did plans to make a powerful criminal organization
I like the idea and would honestly join just to be a part of this. I’m assuming the criminal organization is going to be like a mafia. That involves stuff like human/Pokémon trafficking, Pokédrugs, stuff like that. My question would be is the organization already a thing or your character is growing it through the journey?

I think both could work. If it already exists, they could be recurring opponents with their own subplots. It’ll be a little hard to fit your character with the other OCs unless they’re going undercover. You could change your backstory to where he’s the kid of the leader. Growing it through the journey would be a bit more difficult as your goal would be to gather a following as well as indulge in criminal activities to grow your reputation within the underworld. Don’t know how the other characters would react to that lel

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I like the idea and would honestly join just to be a part of this. I’m assuming the criminal organization is going to be like a mafia. That involves stuff like human/Pokémon trafficking, Pokédrugs, stuff like that. My question would be is the organization already a thing or your character is growing it through the journey?

I think both could work. If it already exists, they could be recurring opponents with their own subplots. It’ll be a little hard to fit your character with the other OCs unless they’re going undercover. You could change your backstory to where he’s the kid of the leader. Growing it through the journey would be a bit more difficult as your goal would be to gather a following as well as indulge in criminal activities to grow your reputation within the underworld. Don’t know how the other characters would react to that lel
I wouldn't do a journey if I was doing an evil team except expeditions to grow the organization. I was actually thinking to be the kid of a Team Leader that failed in the region and that's why I'm not allowed to have a Trainer's License.

I wouldn't do a journey if I was doing an evil team except expeditions to grow the organization. I was actually thinking to be the kid of a Team Leader that failed in the region and that's why I'm not allowed to have a Trainer's License.
That makes sense. So as the other OCs are off collecting badges and doing contests, your focus would be the organization. Cool. Does that mean the group already exists or is it just a small amount of people right now? I’m assuming your character would already have an established team as well.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That makes sense. So as the other OCs are off collecting badges and doing contests, your focus would be the organization. Cool. Does that mean the group already exists or is it just a small amount of people right now? I’m assuming your character would already have an established team as well.
I think that his pokemon team wouldve already started but because he's still young it's not that good. His personal team I mean, he can still use pokemon from his parent if necessary but he'd be more focused on expanding his organization and his personal team than fighting people. Since we're criminals we're also not following the laws lol like they do in the shows/games for some reason. So like more than 6 pokemon, ganging up on people in 3v1s, etc so don't expect a fair fight if you do want to fight us. And the members of the org would have more diverse teams than Rattata, and poison type and those types of pokemon. I think a good use to grow our team is have lots of information on where rare pokemon can be found to become stronger ourselves and also traffic them. My character would also have more insight in how to make an evil team than someone just starting out due to being raised in the environment of one. He actually could go on and interact with the other characters but it'd be more like Silver.

Name: Sandra Rose

Starter: Staryu

Appearance: Sandra wears a blue plaid shirt and a pair of gray jeans. She tends to wear a shoulder bag which contains a foldable fishing rod and some lures. She has a pair of pearl earrings made out of the pearls that her first hooked Shellder had. She has short black hair and dark skin.

Personality: Sandra is an outgoing person who can spend hours outside, as long as there is some body of water nearby. She can infodump if she talks about a topic she likes, these are often water types or the sea. She can completely lose herself when doing research, though as a result she can be pretty snappy at times.

Backstory: Sandra loves the ocean and the Pokémon in it, a result of living in Olivine City for all her life. As a child she got into fishing and managed to catch a Shellder with two pearls. When she got older, she found a Krabby with its pincher stuck in a plastic bottle. After rescuing it from the bottle, she wondered how plastic affected sea life and decided to find out once she was old enough. One faithful morning a Staryu washed ashore, caught in a plastic bag. Sandra helped the Star Shape Pokémon escape from the bag and tried to release it in the ocean, but it refused to move. Staryu don't make much noise or have much emotion, but somehow it made it clear that it wanted to stay with Sandra.

Other: She is a vegetarian

Inventory:
Fishing rod
Lures
Pokégear
Pokéballs x3

Starter Pokemon
Name: Astraea
Species: Staryu
Ability: Natural Cure

Last edited:
I think that his pokemon team wouldve already started but because he's still young it's not that good. His personal team I mean, he can still use pokemon from his parent if necessary but he'd be more focused on expanding his organization and his personal team than fighting people. Since we're criminals we're also not following the laws lol like they do in the shows/games for some reason. So like more than 6 pokemon, ganging up on people in 3v1s, etc so don't expect a fair fight if you do want to fight us. And the members of the org would have more diverse teams than Rattata, and poison type and those types of pokemon. I think a good use to grow our team is have lots of information on where rare pokemon can be found to become stronger ourselves and also traffic them. My character would also have more insight in how to make an evil team than someone just starting out due to being raised in the environment of one. He actually could go on and interact with the other characters but it'd be more like Silver.
Sounds good. I figure this team would be much more dangerous than depicted in the games/shows. I suppose the only issue would be that they can’t really gang up against the characters too early if they have stronger Pokémon. Perhaps they’re still weaker grunts with low level Pokémon? Ofc, their actions depend on if they’re more of a secretive organization. Maybe they have connections with certain officials like gym leaders? Or are they more in the open? Like harassing civilians or kidnapping people and Pokémon in the open for example. or are more active in the open.

And yeah, sounds like your character will be more of a recurring character that is doing their own thing. I don’t see much wrong with that.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Sounds good. I figure this team would be much more dangerous than depicted in the games/shows. I suppose the only issue would be that they can’t really gang up against the characters too early if they have stronger Pokémon. Perhaps they’re still weaker grunts with low level Pokémon? Ofc, their actions depend on if they’re more of a secretive organization. Maybe they have connections with certain officials like gym leaders? Or are they more in the open? Like harassing civilians or kidnapping people and Pokémon in the open for example. or are more active in the open.

And yeah, sounds like your character will be more of a recurring character that is doing their own thing. I don’t see much wrong with that.
they'd be more of the influential group then letting everyone know who they are

Name: Sandra Rose
Starter: Staryu
Appearance: Sandra wears a blue plaid shirt and a pair of gray jeans. She tends to wear a shoulder bag which contains a foldable fishing rod and some lures. She has a pair of pearl earrings made out of the pearls that her first hooked Shellder had.
Personality: Sandra is an outgoing person who can spend hours outside, as long as there is some body of water nearby. She can infodump if she talks about a topic she likes, these are often water types or the sea. She can completely lose herself when doing research, though as a result she can be pretty snappy at times.
Backstory: Sandra loves the ocean and the Pokémon in it, a result of living in Olivine City for all her life. As a child she got into fishing and managed to catch a Shellder with two pearls. When she got older, she found a Krabby with its pincher stuck in a plastic bottle. After rescuing it from the bottle, she wondered how plastic affected sea life and decided to find out once she was old enough. One faithful morning a Staryu washed ashore, caught in a plastic bag. Sandra helped the Star Shape Pokémon escape from the bag and tried to release it in the ocean, but it refused to move. Staryu don't make much noise or have much emotion, but somehow it made it clear that it wanted to stay with Sandra.
Other: She is a vegetarian

Aha that’s a pretty interesting choice. I see you went down the marine biologist route

So do we have a main conflict in mind?
I know it’s a classic league/coordinator challenge, and Neb wants to create his own organization.
But being a trainer is pretty standard and this PokeMafia group will need lots of time to build.

Do we have a big baddy in the backdrop?
So far no.

With what we have now, the main goal is Gyms/Contests, and then maybe half-way through the Evil organization will be the big-bad.

new post:
Neb I told you this already but this is a great concept for a character, would make a selfish but believable motivation to create an evil team which would be a lot more like a mafia like team Rocket.

Kenjiro & Geb (Squirtle) — League Challenger
Kenjiro isn't a league challenger actually, he's just along for the experience

Last edited by a moderator: