• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed GLA Discussion

RP thread (https://pokecharms.com/threads/gym-leader-academy-gla.22526/)

Yeah I know, another Pokemon School Roleplay and just when you're all going into summer vacations... Anyways! I'm gonna try and make this better and hopefully entertaining enough so it doesn't die and end up in the RP graveyard. So this RP will have a similar way of working, like in the Harry Potter movies, the school will be divided in three houses, Suicune, Raikou and Entei. But not only that, you might have noticed the title, so yeah this school is for your character to become a GYM Leader. Therefore, you will have to specialize in one type of Pokemon. Now I know being limited like this is annoying so, just because you specialize in one type it doesn't mean you have to have only that type of Pokemon. For competitions, school activities and such your character can only use the type they are focusing on, but can have other types. Now, your character will start out as a freshman depending on the type he has chosen, the house he will belong to.

Now each house has a symbol, for which I am terrible of making so I used these designs I found online and do not belong to me ADMIN EDIT: Then you're not allowed to use them. Appropriating other people's designs for unrelated purposes is still theft and is very much NOT allowed here.

Now for the boys they have to wear pants the same color as the skirt and the girls can wear either pants or skirt, up to them. The logos are just so you know the insignia that is being used, but we will not use the team names being used on the images. You are more then welcome to add or change the uniform to fit your character's style, but they have to wear it during school hours, they can remove their jacket for example, but not change the colors or wear tennis shoes. Now, everyone's favorite part, rules:

• All Pokecharms rules apply, in case you were wondering that.
  • Romance is allowed, just keep it casual, it's High School, hard to avoid that.
  • There will be competitions, battles, contest and others, the winners will be determined in the discussion board to avoid fights. If we cannot decide on one, I will do it.
  • This RP is to keep busy during quarantine and summer break, so you do need to be able to post at least once a day.
  • Shiny Pokemon are allowed and even albino Pokemon, just make sure you specify it on your character sheet.
  • Maximum three Pokemon per trainer.
  • Must have at least one Pokemon that goes along with your characters chosen type.
  • You are able to have middle leveled Pokemon, but no Pokemon in final forms please, not yet.
  • Pokemon can have various moves, just not all the existing moves to try and get and advantage over everything, keep it fair, I trust you guys.
  • Place Quilava is the best, somewhere in your post so I know you read the rules.
  • Your character cannot be the best at everything, he can be good at battles or contest or sports, but not an expert on it all. He can get perfect grades, but not be the best in everything, please don't be that guy.
  • You cannot repeat typing with someone else, so first one to call dibs gets it.
  • You can have as many characters as you can handle, please do not get too many if you cannot handle the pressure!
  • Post must be at least five sentences long, but try and do more then that.

Now time for the division of types:
Water - ThePlayfulFox
Flying - Cmeriwether
Ice - Taken by me
Psychic - ThePlayfulFox
Fairy -
Name: Alex Lockheart
Hometown: Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Looks: Alex has blonde, medium length, wavy hair that fades to pink at the tips. Eyes like Valerie/Iluma/Fairy tale girls. Magenta coloured. Wears a T-shirt with a checkerboard pattern of pink and white. He wears light grey jeans with White shoes with pink soles. He has a bracelet on his left arm which he hopes to put a gardevourite into. He wears a belt around his waist where he keeps his pokéballs. (Which are all in premier balls)Alex has a small unseeable birthmark on his back in the shape of a heart. Alex isn't particularly muscly and doesn't like sports. He has a good diet though so he is slim.
Personality: Alex is kind and caring but when it comes time to battle he is ruthless and without mercy. He is shy extremely social but can unintentionally be passive aggressive or rude. He will defend anyone who needs it.
Past: Alex grew up in a small town in Alola but moved to Hoenn with his family when he was 13. His dream since forever was to be a Fairy type trainer, eventually he enrolled in GLA to become a fairy type gym leader. He also enrolled as he had been living with a friend ever since his family kicked him out for being gay. He found his first fairy type, a Ralts and named it Lilly, 5 years before enrolling. He then traveled to Alola to catch the others. On his 12th birthday he was gifted Fluffy who hates to battle so Fluffy only travels with him.
Pokémon:
Species: Ralts
Nickname: Lilly
Species: Eevee
Nickname: Fluffy
Species: Morelull
Nickname: Turnip
Grass - Pinch
Fire - Taken by me
Rock - Baymax
Normal -
Full Name: Adriana Gonzalez
Type and House: Entei & Normal
Appearance: Adriana stands at a moderately tall 5'6 ft, and wears a grey sweater. She has round circle glasses and dark brown curly hair.
Personality: Adrianna is a cheerful young lad, who enjoys going up to anyone and everyone for a nice chit chat. She hasn't gotten the best grip on battling, but she isn't what you'd call a beginner. Adrianna isn't here to be the best, or even become a better battler, she just wants to make good friends and learn how to be a responsible gym leader.
Background: In her home town, the gym recently closed due to it's previous leader mysteriously disappearing one day. Since then, visitors to Adrianna's town became less and less, so the town had a vote on who would make the best leader. And, thanks to her relationships with everyone and strong support from her family, the town decided she should come to this academy to become their next leader.
Pokemon: Buneary (ace), Mincinno, and Aipom.
Other: Quilava is best
Fighting -
Name: Ruby Ranacola

Hometown:
Type and house: Fighting in Entei
Height: 62.5" (158.7 cm)
Weight: 115.0 lb (52.1 kg)
Appearance: Short brunette hair that reaches to her shoulders. Striking green, fierce eyes. Ruby wears a shirt and shorts with tights underneath. He clothing in Brown and white. She wears wristbands around her wrists. As well as a headband tying her hair back behind her ears. Ruby is muscly and exercises regularly.
Personality: Ruby is loud and intimidating to most but once you get to know her she is friendly and kind. She has no shame and her Pokémon all have the same personality.
Skills: Ruby is skilled in most martial arts as well as Boxing and other fighting styles. She is also skilled in Pokémon battling.
Past: Ruby grew up with her family but considers Bruno her father as well because he trained her in the fighting styles. Ruby is used to training n the mountains and living off the land.
Family: Ruby grew up as a single child in a normal family. Her parents have always supported her. She also considered Bruno a guardian as he trained her.
Pokémon:
Riolu named Spike
Male
Stufful named Mia
Female
Mankey named Monkey
Female
Ghost - Red Gallade
Ground -
Name: Renz Flintrock
Type and House: Ground, House Entei
Appearance: Renz is fairly tall, standing around 5’9. His skin is tanned from the Alolan sun, but he is still what would be classified as Caucasian. His hair is a dark brown, not quite black but fairly close. His eyes are mostly blue, but with small amounts of green and brown flecks. Normally he will wear either school uniforms or V-neck tee shirts, jeans, or sport shorts. He has a black backpack with the Mega Evolution symbol on it, a whit wristwatch on one arm and a Z-Ring on the other.
Personality: Renz is friendly but somewhat introverted. While he always tries to be polite, in many cases he sticks to friends he already has. He is passionate about battles and caring for his Pokémon, and his Pokémon are his closest friends. He doesn’t know many, if any of the people at school. In fact, he would only know them if they lived near Malie City, his hometown. Because of this, he will make an effort to make a few new friends. Maybe. He doesn’t agree when people say Quilava is the best, but little does he know that a Typhlosion will be one of his best friends. Most of you know how Renz acts anyways, but I’ll keep going. One of his most notable qualities is his loyalty. If you work your way into friendship with him, there are very few things that would make him not try to help you out of a tough spot. However, he has certain morals and preferences that are rather strong, and he has also been known to be quite stubborn. Becoming a Gym Leader has been a dream of his since he was little.
Background: Renz was born in Malie City, Alola. His father, George, is a native of the area, passionate about exploring and finding interesting things. His mother, Terisa, comes from Kanto and took on the league challenge. They are both good people and raised Renz to be one as well. Renz’s family owns a trinket shop in Malie City’s shopping district, and they have an apartment above the shop. Renz grew up helping around the shop, attending school, and playing with the other kids. When he was 13, his parents gave him an egg for his birthday. His father had found it on a curio hunting trip in the Haina desert. When it hatched, he met his partner, Gible. After a time they set off on a journey in Alola, and they were able to obtain two companions, Sandile and Mudbray, plus a few Z-Crystals. Now he’s finally able to join the GLA, and is both excited and intimidated.
Pokémon:
Gible
Sandile (Zade)
Mudbray
Other: DERP
Electric -
Full Name: Vikal Gypsum
Age (13-15): 14
Type and House: Electric, Raikou
Appearance: Black eyes and Hair/ Semi-dark skin/ 5'5. Vikal wears an electric blue t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Vikal, fitting for his typing, is Fun-loving, sharp-tongued, and hasty when it comes to decisions. He has a strong moral code, although he can go in over his head sometimes when attempting to help people. Despite growing up in a rural-ish farm, he is a bit of a tech whiz.
Background: Vikal was born and raised in Johto, where he helped his family working a Pokemon Farm. He helped mostly in tending a mareep flock in the farm. The leader of the flock, an ampharos, had an egg, which Vikal cared for until it hatched into a mareep. After some time, his parents took note of his natural talent at battling along with easy friendships with pokemon, especially electric ones. They decided to send him to the school, hoping that he'll end up growing as a person and excel at life. Vikal was okay with it, only because it meant new sights. He caught a grubbin during a mareep transfer in alola, and porygon was given to him from bill before he was sent to the school as thanks for helping him fix his computer.
Current Pokemon:
Quirky Flaaffy (Nick: Shtocky, Male, Static)
Hasty Charjabug (Voltug, Male, Battery)
Quiet Porygon (Vigit, Analytic)
Steel - TallHalfing
Dark -
Full Name: Jackie Danthorpe
Type and House: Dark (Raikou)
Appearance: Jackie is rather pale, with eyes that are almost maroon and shaggy black hair that goes down past her shoulders. She's usually dressed in a hoodie and jeans.
Personality: Jackie doesn't really care about others. The only reason she got in to the GLA is because of her strong battling skills and passable grades. She is actually extremely intelligent, but you'd never guess based on her grades. She just genuinely doesn't care to excel unless given a good enough reason. She has a strange empathy for dark types, and can usually get along with them. (I'll work more on this later.)
Background: Hailing from Galar, Jackie comes from a fairly well-to-do family. She spent most of her life in Wyndon, and got a decent education there in spite of her grades. Her real passion was battling, though, and when her parents asked her to pick a career Gym Leader was the one she ended up choosing. Thus she made the minimal effort to get in.
Pokemon:
Zweilous (Female), Rift
Sneasel (Female), Shred
Vullaby (Female), Pluck
Dragon - Baymax
Poison - EnviousWorm
Bug - EnviousWorm

and now finally the character sheet!
Full Name:
Age (13-15):
Type and House:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Pokemon:

Teachers:
John Godspeed - Battles - Hariyama, Slowbro
Amy Rosebud - Contests - Musharna, Dewgon, Chatot
Fiona Goodwell - Breeding - Minum, Plusle
Lancelot Heart - P.E. - Gallade, Tyranitar, Infernape

Staff:
Nurse - Jane - Comfey
Principal - Robert Cruise - Slaking
Dean - Steve Austin - Gregninja

Here is the schedule:
Battles 1 - 0800 to 0930
Contests 1 - 1000 to 1130
Lunch - 11300 to 1230
Beg Breeding - 1230 to 1400
P.E. 1430 to 1600
Clubs - 1630 to 1900

Any questions or comments let me know so I can update this post with them!

Last edited:
Quilava is best!

Id like to reserve the Poison type in House Raikou please!

Full Name: Sethis Endregon
Type and House: Poison/Raikou
Appearance: Short, well-kept black hair, blue eyes. Tall for his age but gangly. Meshes purple and yellow colors into his standard uniform.
Personality: A bit wild. Not overly rebellious but not a perfect student. A bender of the rules but an outside the box thinker with a lot of kindness in his heart.
Background: Born in Fuschia City, Sethis idolized Leader Koga and his daughter and successor Jeanine. An avid studier of battle and pokemon types, he devoted himself to training before he even got a Pokemon. Still young and relatively inexperienced, Sethis is proud of the time he spent as a kid as a groundskeeper for the Fuschia Safari Zone.
Pokemon: Koffing, Gastly and Nidorino

Don't worry, I'll try to post everyday. Just know sometimes I might get busy, like a family day, or I pratice driving and I'm so exhausted I have to nap for a good portion of the day. Or I get sick and I lose all motivation to post.

Yes, I know it's early. But my sleep schedule is wonk now.

Full Name: Tsuzuki Soloman
Type and House: Grass, Suicune
Appearance: Medium length black hair mixed with blue eyes and a generally light complexion, he stands at 5’9. He has green and white colors mixed into his uniform, including an imprint of a leaf on his breast pocket which signifies his type choice.
Personality: Tsuzuki is generally an enthusiastic and happy, easygoing trainer. He usually doesn't like schoolwork unless it's something that excites him, like battle training, which is something he's trained himself to be fairly decent at.
Background: Tsuzuki has lived in Striation City for as long as he can remember, he always enjoyed playing with the Pokemon residing in the abandoned dreamyard, and when he was older he worked part-time as a waiter and occasional gym trainer for the Striaton City Gym. Cilan had always been his favorite out of the trio, and he's aspired to be a worthy successor, hoping to take over the gym one day.
Pokemon: Servine, Snover & Phantump

psst... hey... quilava is the best.

Last edited:
Dammit, and I was hoping to re-use Brian.

Full Name: Daniel Swanson
Age (13-15): 15
Type and House: Ghost/Entei
Appearance: Daniel stands at 5'7" with extremely pale skin, somewhat messy and long Black hair and Dark blue, tired looking eyes. His Entei attire looks to be loosely done with his shirt un-tucked as if he didn't put in any effort in to looking nice. His way of standing and walking makes him look like a tired individual who hasn't had enough sleep.
His normal attire consists of a dark Purple zip up hoodie with slightly torn blue jeans and Black sneakers, above this, he wears an open Black jacket.
Personality: Daniel comes off as a quiet and distant individual with a habit of being lazy. This doesn't however mean he isn't entirely friendly as he helps people out if he likes them enough, even if his tone of voice mainly sounds like indifference. He also has a morbid sense of humor and tends to talk about death rather casually, sometimes when he is alone, he tends to mutter things to himself for no reason. When in battle, his laziness changes in to a morbid passion to win and adopts a terrifyingly wide smile, he can be rather cold to people upon defeat.
Background: Daniel was born in Hearthome City, unlike his fair skinned parents, Daniel was born with pale skin, this didn't stop his parents from caring for him and loving him like parents naturally should, but as he grew up, they began to become concerned with Daniel's weird ways. Daniel grew to admire Fantina and the Ghost type Pokemon she battled alongside and wanted a Ghost type Pokemon of his own. On his ninth birthday, his great uncle (Who lives in Galar and as Daniel likes to call him, "Gruncle") sent his parents a Poke ball to give to Daniel, inside was the Pokemon that became his first partner, Dreepy. Daniel saw this as his first step to one day starting his own Ghost type Gym, but he knew he had a long way to go... much to his mild irritation.
Other: His walking--while sloppy--is unbelievably quiet, which easily helps him catch people by surprise. Also, Quilava is the best, unlike the rest!
Pokemon: Dreepy, Dusclops, Golett

Last edited:
Aha! Playful finally admits to taking naps. (Again, not judging, I took quite a few in the last two weeks.

Name: Renz Flintrock
Type and House: Ground, House Entei
Appearance: Renz is fairly tall, standing around 5’9. His skin is tanned from the Alolan sun, but he is still what would be classified as Caucasian. His hair is a dark brown, not quite black but fairly close. His eyes are mostly blue, but with small amounts of green and brown flecks. Normally he will wear either school uniforms or V-neck tee shirts, jeans, or sport shorts. He has a black backpack with the Mega Evolution symbol on it, a whit wristwatch on one arm and a Z-Ring on the other.
Personality: Renz is friendly but somewhat introverted. While he always tries to be polite, in many cases he sticks to friends he already has. He is passionate about battles and caring for his Pokémon, and his Pokémon are his closest friends. He doesn’t know many, if any of the people at school. In fact, he would only know them if they lived near Malie City, his hometown. Because of this, he will make an effort to make a few new friends. Maybe. He doesn’t agree when people say Quilava is the best, but little does he know that a Typhlosion will be one of his best friends. Most of you know how Renz acts anyways, but I’ll keep going. One of his most notable qualities is his loyalty. If you work your way into friendship with him, there are very few things that would make him not try to help you out of a tough spot. However, he has certain morals and preferences that are rather strong, and he has also been known to be quite stubborn. Becoming a Gym Leader has been a dream of his since he was little.
Background: Renz was born in Malie City, Alola. His father, George, is a native of the area, passionate about exploring and finding interesting things. His mother, Terisa, comes from Kanto and took on the league challenge. They are both good people and raised Renz to be one as well. Renz’s family owns a trinket shop in Malie City’s shopping district, and they have an apartment above the shop. Renz grew up helping around the shop, attending school, and playing with the other kids. When he was 13, his parents gave him an egg for his birthday. His father had found it on a curio hunting trip in the Haina desert. When it hatched, he met his partner, Gible. After a time they set off on a journey in Alola, and they were able to obtain two companions, Sandile and Mudbray, plus a few Z-Crystals. Now he’s finally able to join the GLA, and is both excited and intimidated.
Pokémon:
Gible
Sandile (Zade)
Mudbray

still need to work on nicknames reeeeeee

WIP
Full Name: Pearl Rivera
Type and House: Water (Suicune)
Appearance: Pearl has wavy long light brown hair, light blue eyes, and a slender face. She stands at about 5'1 and is a slender build. She wears a dark blue swimsuit with a light blue wave pattern on the rim. She also wears a loose ankle long skirt over it, having the same pattern and color scheme as the bathing suit. She also wears light blue flip flops. Sometimes she switches the skirt out with a pair of loose light blue pants and black flats for Tai Chi.
Personality: Pearl is a calm individual and can be compared to a pool of water or a gentle stream. While she is soft-spoken, she isn't shy. Though she doesn't like to get close to situations with a lot of stress and tension. She tends to shut down during stressful situations and needs to walk away. She likes to meditate near a pool of water if things get stressful.
Background:
Pokemon: Aqua (Female Eevee), Draco (Male Magikarp), Derp Lord (Male Whooper)

Full Name: Dai Lin
Age (13-15): 15
Type and House: Pyschic (Suicune)
Appearance: She has long black hair and clearly comes from asian descent. Her eyes are brown and her face is narrow while she is slender. She tends to wear light blue kimono with a pink cherry blossom pattern
Personality: Calm at all times, Dia Lin thinks ahead of time. It is like she can see the future, though it is more or less her judging her opponents actions due to how they act. She is a master at assessing what people are going to do and uses this to her advantage.
Background:
Pokemon: Lyra (female Eevee), Chi (female Meditite), Bob (Male Oranguru)

Ok, here it goes, Quagsire is best! Wait, that's not right. Let me try again. Quagsire is best! Huh. Third time's the charm. Derp Lord is the best! Agg! Best is Quilava

Last edited: