• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Pokemon Coordinator College RP)

Miel listened to everything, as he was just done finishing the final touches of the Typhlosion's Flamethrower and the teacher in his drawing. He noted what he was going to do and stood up, Kyukori slinking off of his lap and going up to the teacher. She wanted to see the teacher and wanted to some scratches on her head. Miel saw his Pokemon "demand" getting pet by the teacher, and he just sighed. He also heard that Jean had the same class as him. Nice. He didn't know why that was nice, but it was something. He heard a girl start talking to him and decided to not eavesdrop on their conversation, although he could smell a powerful aroma from Spritzee. Maybe because she was getting pet. Anyway, he put everything in his satchel, walked up to the desk and grabbed a syllabus, then walked up on-stage to see the teacher.

He could guess what the teacher wanted, and yet he didn't want to seem rude, so he kept his lips sealed, only to say: "What's the matter, Mr. Allen?"

Butch picked her stuff up, and left immediately, heading off to the appeal battling class. She had to admit, that was her favorite part of the contest.

Aria reached out and gently scratched Spritzee under one wing. "Yeah, I've lived in Laverre for most of my life. And you're from Lumiose, huh? I love it there. Your name's Jean, right? I'm Aria, it's nice to meet you. It'll be nice to have another Kalosian around." She said and smiled.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson watched in memorization as Mr. Allen pulled off. Making his Typhlosion seem like a deity of fire itself. Immediately, Crimson aspired to be a person like Mr. Allen. Someone who was capable of of demonstrating their abilities to everyone, but also showing their dedication. Crimson stood up as Mr. Allen announced the dismissal of the class. Crimson made his way to the group that walked together from first to second: Dylan, Cas, Jean, and Miel. As he made his way towards the crew, he recalled each of their performances. Miel's flashy performance, Cas' chilling stage, Jean's gorgeous Fairy Wind, and Dylan's golden emerald rose. They were all unique and joyous in their own opinion. Crimson did have one question though. We were majority of the classes acts involving the trainer themselves within the performance? If the trainer wanted to get involved, they should do showcases instead of contests. Contests were supposed to present the beauty of the Pokemon, there was no need to involve the trainer in there. But, that's what he though for himself. He guessed everyone had differing opinions of performances.

"Good job you guys!" Crimson exclaimed to Jean, Cas, and Dylan. He would say it to Miel too, but Miel had went off to talk to the teacher. "You all were great out there. Cas' you Sneasel was very well adapted to take the stage on it's own. Jean, you Spritzee was really adorable up there! And Dylan, you Sceptile did absolutely amazing in demonstrating it's strength!" Crimson said as he complimented each of his friends. That was then Crimson took notice to a new member of the group. Aria was the name? Crimson greeted the Kalosian. "Aria correct? You Flygon was gorgeous on stage! it was a shame about the redo though!" Crimson stuck his hand out to shake her hand. "Crimson Asters if you didn't catch it earlier."

Mr. Allen met Kyukori up on stage far before he saw Miel, and that was perfectly alright with him. As soon as he saw that beautiful crystal-like fur, he chuckled, immediately leaning down to scratch her behind the ear. "Aren't you a pretty thing?" When he heard footsteps, he looked back up at Miel. "You've done a good job at raising her. I've never seen an Alolan Ninetales with shinier fur- albeit, I haven't seen many Alolan Ninetales in my life either." After a few more seconds of petting, Mr. Allen finally stood up to talk. "It could be a coincidence, and it could not. I think you already know what I'm referring to. To be honest, it is very difficult to perform the same move various ways, and I did kind of put everyone on the spot to see how each student performed under pressure. But still... whatever that was, I'm already forgetting it. Try not to do anything that would bring that memory back up, okay? Maybe try pairing with another student if you're having development problems. It's like I said." He stroked Kyukori's fur once more. "That's all I have to say. See you tomorrow."

-----

Jean nodded as Aria listed his name and hometown correctly. "Yep. Jean Février," he confirmed. "And you're from Laverre City? It's so pretty there! I used visit a lot while I was younger. I've always thought it looked like it came right out of a storybook." Jean just barely got that sentence out before he noticed Crimson walking towards them. After Crimson finished introducing himself to Aria, Jean began chatting away. "Aw, thank you! Really, everyone here did amazing, but the way your Volcarona sparkled... you two were really beautiful out there. I'm happy to see he's doing better after last night! Speaking of, I think I know someone who wants to apologize at lunch." That reminded Jean that he needed to stop by the dorm before his next class began, to pick up the pokepuff Roserade wanted to give Volcarona.

Last edited:
Miel scratched the back of his head and thanked the teacher when he had complimented the state of his Pokemon, while Kyukori cooed delightfully, her fur sparkling in the lights and the frozen droplets of water clinging to the teacher's hands, making them slightly damp. He had to wipe them on his pants to get rid of them. After that, Miel nodded, but decided to say something, but his immediate dismissal made him want to say it tomorrow. Regardless, he was going to forget, as well, so he decided to tell him.

"Well... Before I go... I had watched several Contest shows at home, and one of the seasons had you as a judge. You were judging a lady and their Clefable, and she had used Dazzling Gleam. Since I couldn't think up of any other performance to do out of my own heart, I decided to go with that one, and I usually just practiced what other people done as a way to test my Pokemon's skills. I'm sorry for copying the performance. It was all nerves, and all the performances I have made were lackluster compared to the other ones I've watched on television. Doesn't exactly help that I have a couple of Anxiety disorders. I used to have pills to dumb it down, but it gets worse if I start worrying over something, or hardly anything at all will cause it," his booming voice making his side of the conversation a lot easier to hear than Mr. Allen's own end. Talking about his anxiety caused the man's face to become ashen once again, and his hands began to visibly shake, whilst Kyukori, worried about his condition, immediately nuzzled his knee and kept him company.

As the teacher could probably guess, this large and calculating man had a few insecurities that were bugging him, and even worse, he had a couple different anxieties. The fact he was going up on stage at all was an enigma, and yet he was still going up and performing. He was that determined.

Aria grinned. Too easy. Of course, she was legitimately impressed by Crimson, but this was going smoothly. They were friendly, maybe she should stick with them? Being part of the crowd was nice, but she wasn't sure this was the crowd. This could be fun, though. She stroked Spritzee one more time and turned to Crimson, smiling, and shook his hand. "Aria Alscée. Your Volcarona was stunning! You've got to have won a contest before, right?"

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson’s hazel orbs widened at what Jean stated. “Oh!” Crimson said, a bit shaken. “That’s completely fine! Don’t worry too much about it,” Crimson claimed. “Volcarona is up and flying, healthy as can be!” Crimson recalled the controversy last night with the Roserade and Volcarona. It was a unfortunate accident, but overall no hard done. “It was a small incident. It’s all water under the bridge!” Crimson stayed with a smile.

Crimson nodded his head at Aria’s question. “You stand correct,” Crimson acknowledged. “And I assume the same with you?” Crimson reciprocated back to Aria. Surely with a performance like that, the girl must have won some sort of Pokémon Contest before. Well, she didn’t say she was from Kalos, so maybe she won some Pokémon Showcases?

Crimson looked at the classroom clock and realized they needed to get to next period. Appeal Battles he believed? Though Miel wasn’t with the group yet. “Let’s wait for Miel first before next class.” Crimson informer, referring to the student talking with Mr. Allen at the moment.

Mr. Allen turned to help the next student he asked to stay after class when he heard Miel begin his apology. Sighing, he turned back around. "I understand. That was Fira's performance, if I remember right. A Sinnoh Grand Festival from some time back. I'm surprised you remembered me there though. Look- it's fine to try out different people's stuff in your free time. You might even be able to draw bits from others' performances into your own. I've done it a lot myself. But for a class assignment... if I know you copy a full performance on purpose, I have to dock you points. I don't normally like rules, but that's Luvendale's policy and I gotta abide by it. It's in the syllabus. I didn't grade this assignment as this was just us getting to know each other. Honestly, it's not that big of deal unless you blow it up into one. Just take your pills, plan ahead, and if you need to step out of the classroom from time to time, go ahead. Just make sure you don't miss too much. Now get off to your next class and I'll see you tomorrow, Miel." With that, Mr. Allen turned back around to address the other few students by him.

-----

"But Roserade has a gift!" Jean protested, though honestly, if they didn't do the exchange at lunch, then they could do it later tonight. They were roommates, after all. He was about to continue with his explanation, but Crimson was already talking to Aria, and so he didn't bother to press him with the details in fear of being rude. However, when the two began to talk about how they each already won contests, Jean frowned. Did many other students already have ribbons? Jean already knew about the special Luvendale ribbons, and how they were worth twice as much as normal ones (thus why Luvendale was so popular for aspiring coordinators), but still! He thought his friends were just starting out like he was, not already partially in their careers! Trapped in his thoughts until he heard something about Miel and his next class. "Oh- I'm going to make a quick trip to the dorm. Save me a seat!" He demanded, before throwing his bag over his shoulder. It took Spritz a moment before she noticed that Jean was leaving her behind, and she instantly pulled herself away from Aria's hand to fly after him.

Miel nodded, smiling gratefully toward the teacher and even bowing graciously toward him. The ashen look on his face was gone and his Kyukori rushed toward the group they were all at. Miel stepped down the stage and walked toward everyone, seeming to have been cured from his anxiety for the time being.

If this was going to be like this each class period, then he was for one hell of a ride.

Miel saw Jean leave and shook his head, knowing that the boy must be scared of him, or at least think he's a total creep. He saw the girl with the Flygon, the Ribbon Girl. He recognized that ribbon from somewhere, but he didn't remember which showcase it was for. He spoke toward the group, who was waiting for him, and he appreciated it with a small, grateful smile. He couldn't help but look down at them all, since most of them were quite tiny compared to his taller figure.

"Hello. You must be that girl with the Flygon. Aria, was it? I must say, a stunning performance. Your Flygon was really well trained to control the sands like that. The ribbon in your hair reminds me of one of the Contests in Sinnoh. I don't remember where, though, but my younger sister has the same one. Her name's Lorenza. Anyway, Dylan. A magnificent performance of control and power. I actually thought you were going to get hurt there. Cas, your Sneasel's ingenuity could actually be compared to my sister's Weavile, and that's saying something. She's had that Weavile for years. Her name is Shadara. Crimson, your Volcarona made it seem like the very sun itself. Nice one! I had completely forgotten about Status moves until I saw your performance. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I don't mean anything by it. I just got reminded of my family. That's all."

He didn't mean to sound like a bragger or a judge, but he was just putting input to what he had seen, and reminded him of, especially when it made him think back to his family, who he loved dearly and hold to high regard. He had to say, his sister's Weavile had been with her since her high schooling in Johto, which was 6 years ago, since himself and his sister were the same age. The memories of seeing Shade work alongside him with their duo of Sneasels, helping them fight and evade since they were nothing but toddlers at that point. Another memory showed up of him seeing his sister come home after an amazing performance on the television, and she got to express her excitement toward the rest of her siblings. They even had a party for her first showcase ever won.

He was going to say to Jean that he thought his performance was quite adorable, but he was certain the kid was going to take it the wrong way. Either way, his Alolan Ninetales went up toward Aria and nuzzled her knee, wanting more attention. Man, was she an attention hogger.

He apologized for his Pokemon's need for attention: "I'm so sorry, but whenever she finds people she likes, she just goes up to them and instantly wants to get pet by them. She does like to steal the spotlight from my other Pokemon from time to time. Sometimes, she never stops at fooling me with how naive and vain she could be."

With that playful, yet true remark, Kyukori just glared at him and one of her icy tails froze as she slapped him on the leg. He winced in pain, but chuckled nonetheless. He shook his head as he rubbed the spot where she hit. "Don't worry, it didn't hurt. She just likes to play rough sometimes. Especially when I tease her about how she acts. Just keep petting her, so she doesn't 'punish' me." His last word "punish" was quite enunciated, as that's what really obvious sarcasm would sound like. He would be more subtle, but he had just become acquaintances with all of them. It was better to be more obvious, or else someone was going to get all butt-hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Butch and Trixie had bumped into Jean on the way to their class. Okay, they purposefully bumped into him, as they wanted to be away from Miel. She glared at the boy and snidely remarked: "What did I say about keeping your fluffy bird thing in check? See what happened? Your Pokemon got out of control again. I wonder what would happen if you were to ever set foot on stage like that again."

Her Manectric just glared at the Spritzee, growling menacingly. To stop that, Butch said: "Now, now, Trixie. We don't want to rough 'em up, yet. It's the first day of the school year. Let's not spend most of it in the headmaster's office."

With that, Trixie backed down, but not without sending a spark of electricity toward Spritzee. The jolt wouldn't be enough to severely damage her, but it would be enough to make her feathers fluff out, and cause her some mild pain. If it did connect.

Last edited:
"Appeal Battling, oh boy..." Platinum spoke to himself, half-enthusiastically but also with a bit stress.

A lot of the performances he witnessed in the last hour were impressive, and he had built up enough anxiousness just watching the single-move appeals, so what could Appeal Battling Class be like at Luvendale? Platinum shook his head, trying to snap out of the small train of thought that was eventually lead to him psyching himself out. He stood from his desk and stretched, before gathering his things and making his way towards the group of familiar faces in the class, who seemed to be just about ready to leave as well. He had mainly went to approach Miel, extremely impressed with him. He seemed to have just finished up a sentence, so Platinum patted him from behind gently as to not scare him of his sudden appearance, but then turned and smiled brightly at him.

"Miel! Your performance was amazing!" He said, however he noticed a look of slight distraught upon his face. "Look a little brighter, you and Kyukori were beautiful. It's really impressive how you were able to just get up there, despite being so shy, and deliver something like that!"

It wasn't just flattery, either. Towards the beginning of yesterday, after finding out Miel was his roommate, Platinum had doubts. He took note to Miel's quietness and aspiration for alone time every now and then - which was fine and pretty common, but he wasn't sure how the two would mesh with both of their personalities. But those wavering thoughts were practically gone, now, after being able to see his icy-friend's personality and guts through that kind of performance.

He also turned to Crimson, whom he was equally impressed by.

"You too, dude!" He called, in a child-like tone. "You and your Volcarona really showed us something up there. I mean, nonetheless, everyone did pretty good. I'd say that was a decent first class. And I believe a couple of us have Appeal Battling 101 next, right, Miel?" The blonde asked, thinking back to comparing their schedules at the dorms. He realized he was probably chatting too much, and most likely interrupted a conversation, but the whole environment here excited him beyond an expression that words could display. He just felt at home, and obtained a spirit of giddy child, running around within a theme park.

Cas had smiled and thanked the people that complimented her, and then looked at Platinum. "Your performance was great, too!" she said. "That Silver Wind was amazing!" Winslow huffed. Being a Psychic Type, he hadn't exactly appreciated the Bug Type move. Cas rolled her eyes and ruffled the Constraint Pokemon's fur without further comment.

Dylan whistled as Mr. Allen's Typhlosion executed the Flamethrower, showcasing his full power with ease. All previous thoughts he had had about the at-first-boring teacher had been incinerated by the flames, and out of the ashes all that remained was respect and admiration. Dylan grinned and leaned back in his seat, wiping away a large bead of sweat from his forehead.

"You and your Sneasel put on quite the spectacle as well; kudos to you both," Dylan said as he walked up to the group after exiting the classroom upon 2nd Period dismissal. Next period happened to be Appeal Battling on his schedule. He nodded in thanks at Miel's compliment and grinned. He looked to the left and saw Butch's Manectric sending a small volt of electricity at Jean's Spritzee after she and her trainer had both intentionally bumped into the latter. Dylan kept a neutral face and put his hands in his pockets before walking over to Butch and Jean. "Just out of curiosity, are you actually making an attempt to get on the bad side of everyone here?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. "You've been carrying quite a lot of tension with you wherever you go. However," Dylan continued, rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand. "That was a great performance you did earlier. I have to admit, I was really impressed." He held out his right hand for her to shake and grinned. Of course, Dylan didn't completely discard Butch's brutish nature and her tendency to try and make others feel like Tauros fodder, but he had indeed quite thoroughly enjoyed her performance. If he was gonna try to make friends with her, he would have to try a ton. "You did a great job too, Jean; Your Spritzee's got quite the heart," Dylan complimented Jean, chuckling as he mentioned the latter's partner.

Miel felt the soft pat and only needed to turn his head a margin to see it was his roommate, Platinum. He smiled heartily as the man cheered him up with a compliment and reassurance. It had felt like the icy gates protecting his cold, yet tender heart were melting slightly with every moment being in this group. He softly patted the boy's shoulder and complimented him on his Masquerain's Silver Wind.

"You did amazing, as well. You turned a powerful Bug-Type move into something that could make you all look quite beautiful up there."

His first impression of the boy was that he was a good kid, but took things a little too carefree than he would've liked. After seeing his performance, he didn't believe that he was taking performance as carefree as he thought, but just enough to make it seem fun, and yet learn something from it all. He appreciated that, and Platinum reminded him of his brothers, more of his younger brother for his carefree nature and tendency to act like a child at times. He couldn't help but chuckle as Platinum started complimenting Crimson's performance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butch saw the newcomer intrude on her spree of bad feelings. She had to hand it to him, it was interesting how he had tried to flatter her with compliments to get on her good side. It wouldn't work however. She answered his questions gleefully, a little too gleefully: "Not attempting to, but I love making fun of people. Gives me a rush that I normally can't feel when doing your regular human interactions. And don't try to push me with flattery. It may make me smile, but it won't get you anywhere. His performance would've been better anyway if he had trained his little flying fluffball a little more on control. I have to say, that I was impressed with your performance, as well. But this performance is about your Pokemon, not you. I'm a bit disgusted by the fact that you made your Sceptile make yourself look like some kind of idol. Even though I'm one to one-up Pokemon, I won't pass that line during a performance. It has to be about your Pokemon. Although, the Pokemon's control and power were quite emphasized during the performance, it still left you the shining leader of it," she snapped at the end of her little rant, clearly disgusted with how she practically snarled at him.

With that, she decided to leave Jean and his Spritzee alone, spitting near them and running off toward the Appeal Battling class.

"Wha- she was just excited, is all. She did a good job to me..." Jean replied, eyes wide and wary. What did this girl have against him? Besides, based on what Jean heard from Aria, didn't she not do well either? So who she to speak? He tried his best to ignore the Manectric next to her, who seemed to glare at them with malicious intent. "Look, I have to get to my dorm-" Just then, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a small spark from the dog-like Pokemon, and Spritz was as puffy as a dandelion when spreading it's seeds. She made a small cry. "You- hey!" He began, tone changed from a dismissive one to shocked with a hint of possible aggression.

However, before he could move or say anything, a familiar voice perked up beside him. Jean turned his head only to view Dylan intruding upon the scene. He looked calm and collected as ever, though Jean was a little confused when he started complimenting Butch. Was he just trying to pacify her? If that was the case, then the compliment he offered to Jean probably wasn't that sincere. However, Jean couldn't help in flinching when he heard Butch speak. Who would like hurting people and Pokemon like that? Like some sort of sadist? Surely it was just an act, right? After all, people that liked watching pain like that... they didn't exist.

Finally though, she finished her monologue and left, leaving him and Dylan alone with a wad of spit (which Jean carefully stepped away from. "Uh... thanks?" He proposed, still freaked out and slightly confused over what had just occurred. Whatever that was, Dylan handled it like a pro though. Jean stood there for a few seconds more, before remembering where he was originally heading when Butch bumped into him. "Oh! Crap we're running out of time- I'll meet in you in class!" Heading in the opposite direction as that she-man did, he breathed out a small sigh of relief. After he got the pokepuff, he would be heading over to Appeal Battling- the class he had been looking forward to most all day.

Aria responded to Crimson's question excitedly, she was proud of her ribbon even if victory had been assured. "Yeah, I stayed with some family in Sinnoh over the summer and picked up a ribbon while I was there." Aria turned to look up - way up, this guy was tall - and felt something nudge against her, distracting her. She looked down - not much, this thing was over half her height - to see an Alolan Ninetales wanting her attention. Its fur shone, and it was obviously well cared for. Reaching to pet it, she looked at Miel and asked "Is she yours? She looks very well cared for. Miel, was it? You did pretty well up there. Could I stick with you guys for now? I don't have a schedule or know what room these classes are in yet."

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"I'm not saying I'm declining the offer," Crimson said to Jean. "I'm just saying it's-" Crimson was cut off when Jean ran out of the classroom already. Well then. Surely, Volcarona would adore whatever gift Roserade wanted to give it. It'll all come back around eventually, no need to press the issue even further. Miel came over to the small group after his conversation with Mr. Allen and began complimenting the members. "Thank you Miel!" Crimson said gratefully. "You Alolan Ninetails was ethereal on stage!" Crimson complimented back to Miel and his Alola variant of Ninetails. The Platinum came over and began complimenting the lad and his Sun Pokemon as well. What's with everyone and complimenting? It was quite obvious though as everyone was telling each other they did a great job after seeing each other's performance. Crimson decided to reciprocate the compliment back to Platinum and his bug Pokemon. "Your Masquerain was magnificent as well Platinum!" Crimson claimed. "Volcarona and Masquerain should work as a duo sometimes." Crimson joked referring to both the Pokemon being bug types and probably the only bug types of the group.

Crimson turned back onto Aria, listening in on the female's response. So she won ribbons as well as he did. Crimson recalled all the ribbons he had during his previous region travels and all his old Pokemon back at his parents backyard. Breaking the blast to the past moment, Crimson looked at the clock and realized this huge group of students, still hanging in Mr. Allen's classroom, is going to be late for third period. "Let's get going guys!" Crimson exclaimed. "If Platinum is right some of us have Appeal Battling next together." Crimson definitely knows that Jean has that class. Crimson made a mental note to save a seat for the Kalos Queen offspring. Crimson headed off, not wanting to be late because of the huge social group.

Miel smiled as Aria complimented his Pokemon, saying: "Why, thank you. And yes. You should see the hairbrush I used trying to brush out all the tangles from her hair. It's practically trash now," he chuckled, as Kyukori cooed at the affection she was receiving. Miel also smiled and nodded gratefully to Crimson for his compliment. Seeing how much time had passed, he whistled for Kyukori to follow as he quickly walked out of the classroom. He told everyone to "keep up" as he left the classroom and speedily head off toward the direction of the class, seeing Butch just enter the classroom and take a seat at the very back. He also saw Jean head off toward the dorms. Interesting.

He head inside the room to see Butch was at the back, petting her Manectric who laid by her feet, so he took the seat at the front row. He took out his notebook from his satchel and looked to see Kyukori had slowed down for the others to catch up, going into the classroom at the same time as the group he didn't mean to abandon so quickly.

Scarlet paced in her room with anticipation, her Pokemon watched her walk back and forth, back and forth. She rubbed her head, what if she didn't get in? What if people didn't like her? What if she couldn't take her Pokemon? These sorts of thoughts flooded her mind, her application letter of acceptance has been on hold for a while... She dropped into a cold sweat, tapping her foot on the ground impatiently. Her Sylveon took a move and swiftly leapt in front of Scarlet, reassuring her with a nice nuzzle. This calmed Scarlet, she pet Sylveon behind the ears. She took a deep breath, thinking of inspirational quotes people have told her in the past. Came with the quotes, an description of herself as well. You are Scarlet Andrea Jessica, one of the best Pokemon performers in the world. She knew the best was a over exaggeration, but she had used it anyways. You can do this, you can reach the top of the mountain! She thought, until she heard a knock on her door. "Who is it?" She called nervously, with a big gulp.
"Sweetie..." She heard her mom say shakily, her mom opened the door with Scarlet's application in hand.
"You've been accepted!" She yelled, running up and hugging Scarlet.
"My little girl, going out of her way." Her mother whimpered. The two shared they're jolly reactions, before Scarlet packed up and head out in a bus. She waved a goodbye to her mother, several poke balls in hand. She kept up her positive thoughts as she took a seat in the bus, ready to see her future at this school.

Platinum had made it to the classroom of Appeal Battling, and after quickly examining his surroundings, he went over to the desks where a couple of students had already been situated. Made sense, since the friend group had been chatting so much in the previous class that time had kind of slipped their minds. The current one would surely start any minute now, if he had to guess.

He made his way over and took a seat in the row slightly behind/above Miel - if the teen had learned anything from the last class, it was that sitting in the front row in a Pokemon-oriented class pretty much guaranteed you to be in the 'splash' zone of any moves that may be displayed.

The boy wondered what this next hour would be like. So far, the day was interesting, and that was pretty factual. Much more eventful, and stressful, than any highschool had been. Everything here was so different, and so many personalities had clashed. It was to be expected, though, since students from literally all over the world had all come to study under the curriculum of this Academy. Platinum just hoped he could keep up... but at the moment he was much too excited as he fantasized what he was about to learn about battling more efficiently in Contests, an area he definitely needed strengthening in. He sat diligently, his notepad laid out before him, and a pencil already perched in his hand.

The teacher, known as Coach Evaristo, was standing straight up as he watched and scrutinized each kid that entered, glaring at them to know their true potential right off the bat. He saw this tall, blue-haired kid. He didn't know why, but he felt a little creeped out by this guy, almost like this kid could see through him. He didn't show this of course, and would make himself known that he should be the one people should be afraid of. He then saw a quite interesting man-lady walk in. Well, then. She had the aura of some jerk. If she ever back-talked him, he would have a fun time making her feel puny. Then there was this blonde-haired dork. He probably won't bother him too much, but this guy seemed quite stressed. What better way to make someone better than break them even more?

Miel could feel some intense energy coming from the coach. He could feel him meticulously scanning the crowd. He felt puny being near him, even though he was taller than the guy. The coach looked at the time on his wrist, his face stoic and cold as he returned to his erect stance, his arms behind his back ending with his hands in a fist. Man, this guy was creepy.

Butch could also feel the meticulous gaze land on her, and she instantly knew she was going to be the trouble kid. His energy filled the room with power and authority, and if anyone dared push their luck with him, he wasn't going to be very happy. Butch just stayed silent this time, but if anyone came in being dumb like that last girl, she wouldn't hesitate to call them out for it.

Dylan looked at the glob of spit that had landed next to his shoe and whistled. This was gonna be rough. According to his schedule, his next period was Appeal Battling with Coach Evaristo, so Dylan adjusted his backpack and headed to the gym. Upon entering, he fell under the Coach's scrutinizing gaze and met it, holding his gaze for a few seconds before breaking eye contact and making his way to the stands. Dylan already knew that it was going to be an interesting class period with this teacher. He sighed and sat down, thinking, Here we go.

Cas headed to Appeal Battling along with several other kids. She caught up with Crimson and tried to think of a conversation starter. "So, what did you think of that class?" she asked. "I was a little bit surprised at how strict Mr. Allen was on the performances, especially after the beginning of class."

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson gave a short gasp as Cas suddenly surprised him. "What dd i think of him?" Crimson repeated Cas' question directed to him. Well," Crimson started off his mini rant, "Mr. Allen is actually really exceptional at Pokemon Coordinating! He really shows his experience through judging the trainer and their Pokemon and how he demonstrated his performance." Crimson finally took a deep breathe as he finished his mini, oh so little, rant. "But yeah, I think I'm going to like his class the best."

A few more feet until the group had reached the classroom. Crimson peered at the teacher, who seemed to be staring down every kid that walks through the door. Crimson gave a slight bow, a bit intimidated, but as his way of saying hello to people who are more intimidating. Crimson took a seat in the middle of the classroom this time. He gestured for Cas to sit on his left side, while he placed his backpack on the desk on his right, remembering that Jean wanted them to save a seat for him.

Jean closed his dorm door, eyes frantically searching for the nearest hallway wall clock. Crap. Crap, crap, crap. The Kalosian swore that he had put the pokepuff in an easy-to-find location, like inside the top drawer of his desk, if not on top of the actual desk himself. While the dorms weren't too terribly far away, it still cost time to get over there. Not to mention Jean had waisted a solid five minutes, if not more, searching for the puff only to discover that he had already packed it in his bag that morning. Maybe all of his father's comments about how scatterbrained he could be had a bit of truth to them... but there wasn't any time to think about that. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, Jean practically began sprinting towards the gymnasium, Spritz flying after him. Classes were not the time to be fashionably late.

After seeing the rest of the group come in, and Kyukori rushing to Miel's side to rest at his feet, the teacher waited "patiently" for the students to sit down. Once everyone was seated, he practically yelled throughout the entire class, so no one would be able to sleep through the class and keep everyone on their toes as the class started without Jean:

"I welcome you here for the Appeal Battling class. I will go through your names, and if any one you is late, you will hear from me. Now, when I say your name, you better give me a clear and concise 'yessir' and stand up, so I know it is you."

He cleared his throat and grabbed a parchment of all the kids supposed to be registered for the class, all organized by last name, from his back pocket. His booming voice had shaken some students and caused them to either flinch away or whimper in fear and trepidation.

Miel wasn't one of them, but he knew this guy shouldn't be messed with. As the coach called everyone by their full name, pausing in between he stared down the class until someone said something:

"Aria Alscée. Crimson Asters. Levina Brasche. M-... Mielshterix Darasterix," he had to squint at the name and almost butchered Miel's full name. At least he got the rest of the pronunciation.

As Butch's name was called, he stood up with an air of confidence and yelled "Yessir!" before sitting back down again. The coach approved of her approach, and went onto Miel, who stood up and exclaimed, but a little quieter: "Yessir." The coach asked: "What was that? Also, do you have an easier way to say your name, boy?"

"Yessir! It's Miel. M-I-E-L," he shouted, wanting to make it clear to the coach. The coach found his uproarious voice at a satisfying volume and looked down at his roll call sheet, pen in hand.

Coach Evaristo wrote on the roll call sheet Miel's nickname and Butch decided to have her be called her usual nickname, so she raised her hand. The coach saw it, but didn't bother to call on her. Butch sighed and stood up, and the coach finally answered her with a bit of irritation in his voice:

"What is it?"

"May I be called Butch, sir?"

"Hmph. Fine. If you want to say something in this class, you stand up and address me with 'Permission to speak' or 'Permission to ask', and always call me sir."

"Yessir!" With that, Butch sat back down and the Coach wrote on the roll call sheet for Levina's nickname.

He continued on with the roll call: "Kyle Egand. Amanda Fairwell. Elizabeth Fairwell. Jean Février." He paused. Nobody had said anything yet. Someone's late. He kept going: "Cassie Grae. Platinum Hokebe. Dylan Sage. Michael Trevor....."

Crap, crap, crap, crap... Jean sped through the school's courtyard like the sidewalk was made of hot rocks. Sprinting past the actual gymnasium at first, mistaking it for another amphitheater like the one from their previous class, he noticed the numbers were steadily increasing way past the room number listed on his schedule (he managed to get the sheet out of his satchel as he rushed out of the dormitory). Slowing down, he looked at the direction where he came from and the direction where he was going. Should he ask for directions? No, no. He knew what he was doing. Well, kind of. Eyes spotting another clock, he bit his lip. Yep, definitely late. Maybe he could sneak into class before the professor noticed he was gone? Walking back the way he came, albeit much more slowly than before, so that he didn't miss anything, he eventually found the room he was looking for. He thought college gymnasiums were supposed to be bigger, but this was just the same size of his private high school's, if not ever-so-slightly smaller. Weird.

Grabbing the door handle, he inched it ever so slightly open, hearing a list of names pour in through the crack, spiraling to a close. He tried his best to manage his panting then as to not give himself away, and- oh no. Was that sweat he felt on his brow (and wait, how did his hair look? And was he sure he didn't want to skip class? He had been looking forward to appeal battling for a while, and he did rush all the way here, but if he didn't look his best...) Pushing his distracting thoughts away, Jean tried to open the door as silently as possible then, before slipping inside. When he saw the teacher, his eyes immediately widened in blatant confusion. This was supposed to be an appeal battling course (extra emphasis on the 'appeal'), and yet the teacher looked like he was leading a boot camp. Was he sure he was in the right class? Yet, there were his friends, all in their own little cluster. Jean looked between the teacher and his friends for a moment, brain trying its best to comprehend the current situation as he stood awkwardly by the door.

Like a hungry Braviary, the man's head snapped toward the door when Jean walked in, his face becoming slightly red. He then spoke, demanding an immediate answer:

"State your name and why you are late. Now."

Miel felt horrible for Jean and wanted to help him away from the embarrassment, but he knew if he stood up to try and defend him, not only would he get yelled at by the coach and probably be sent to the hall, but Jean wouldn't feel great about him getting protected by the strange man he thought was a creep.

Butch just snickered as she saw Jean get hounded on by the coach. Man, was this guy a ray of sunshine. Is he really like this outside of class? Probably. Only to kids who were half his age. This coach, with how his hair was graying and how thin they were, she guessed he was in his mid-50s. Old enough to have been a drill sergeant and a soldier for a war. She just sat back and watched the amusing show unfold before her.

Wide-eyed, Jean did a double-take one more time, from the teacher to the door. A thousand options seemed to slip through his mind then in a nanosecond. He thought about just sitting down at his desk, or just walking out the door. About staying silent, or speaking. What he actually did though, wasn't much. Not sure what to think about the coach, who was already on the path to reaching tomato-like complexion, Jean stood their for a second in complete silence. A Meowth had caught his tongue. He managed to shake himself out of it though when his brain realized that silence would definitely not be the best answer in this situation. "Jean!" He perked up as soon as he snapped out of his trance. "Jean Février. I, uh..." Crap, why was he late again? Right the pokepuff, but he couldn't tell him that. Should he just say he was lost? That wasn't far off from the truth, though considering most of the students were in his previous class, it wasn't exactly logical either. Not sure which way he should go in answering that question, Jean said the next best thing that popped into his mind. "Je ne parle pas anglais. Je vais m'asseior maintenant." And with that, he quickly began walking to the nearest free seat (one in front of Butch, though he was too psyched out to care), not even noticing the one Crimson had saved for him.

The coach didn't exactly understand what Jean had just said, but wondered if the kid could even speak English. It seemed he was some native speaker from Kalos, with the way he talked in French. He let out a dissatisfied grunt, and wrapped up with the roll call. He then asked the students an interesting and off the wall question, but only after he had to restate himself for Jean's sake.

"Since someone was late, I will restate how to say something in my class. You stand up, and say 'permission to ask, sir', or 'permission to talk, sir'. If you even raise your hand, I will ignore you. I don't have time for introverts. This is a class where you have to battle against an opponent in front of throngs of people. Therefore, hesitance is not allowed. You speak concisely and clearly and if you mess up, you will have to talk louder and restate what you said in a less wimpier tone. Now then, on to the question: Do you know why the dorm rooms are utter crap?"

It seemed by the tone of his voice that he didn't exactly like the way the rooms were made, but there was a hint of impressiveness hidden within the question. Whatever the answer was, it stumped quite a few students didn't know.

Miel didn't want to answer, but he knew the answer. He just didn't want to stand up. This guy was making his anxiety worse, to be honest. Kyukori just nuzzled his legs to calm him, but Butch immediately stood up, saying: "Permission to speak, sir."

"Permission granted. What is it, Butch?"

"The school can't afford bigger dorms," a wry smile crept upon her lips, but she didn't want to burst out laughing.

Funny enough, the coach let out a faint smile before grunting in response, saying: "Quit being a smartass. Answer it again."

"I don't have any other answer," seeing her attempt failed, she decided she didn't know and opted out.

"Then you may be at ease. Anyone else?" he peered amongst the room, finding anyone brave enough to answer while Butch retook her seat.

Butch smirked as she realized who was in front of her. She was going to make this class hell for this kid.

Aria twitched slightly. Was every single damn person in this building determined to touch a nerve of hers in one way or another? This "coach" was treating them like bottom feeders, and it had already worn her patience. But she knew when to pick her battles, and now was not the time. But something told her she didn't want attention from this coach, so she remained impassive and waited for someone else to answer.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson sat at his desk thinking what would be a possible answer to the Coach’s question. Why are the academy dorms so bad? For a big school with a big reputation, it’s only logical that they would at least have some decent dorms. But the dorms are bad, so there must be some logic behind it. If Butch’s answer wasn’t correct; that the school couldn’t afford, it must mean the school probably put it there for a reason? Crimson was even questioning his own theories here. Though, they aren’t completely bad.

Maybe it for the school to not spoil the students? Perhaps as coordinators, we’re supposed to make the dorms beautiful ourselves? Or maybe the school is demonstrating that the art is not the art itself, but the meaning behind it? Maybe that’s it?

Crimson then slowly raised his hand, but quickly threw it back down remembering the rules of the classroom at the beginning. “Permission to speak sir?” Crimson said each word quietly and slowly. Honestly, Crimson was terrified of people who are simultaneously older and bigger than him. Crimson stood up after asking permission, and continued on with his theory. “Maybe the school wanted to demonstrate that it’s not what the students sees with the room, it’s what they make of it?” Crimson asked unsurely, trying to find the right words. “Like a Pokemon Performance and Battle, it’s not the move itself that’s beautiful or powerful, but it’s how we coordinators make use of those moves?” Crimson asked unsurely again.

Crimson was finding himself completely full of cringe when he went on all about the beauty and art and what now. His face was flushed red embarrassed at how cringeworthy he was, even the tips of his ears were as red as his attire.

Last edited:
Coach whirled his head around to Crimson, his beady eyes eyeing him as he looked quite scared. He only grunted and granted his permission, and heard him talk. When Crimson had said his answer, his face became a warm smile, completely breaking his stoic features. He clapped his hands a couple times as he congratulated him for getting the answer right. "Congratulations. I was beginning to think I got the dumb ones in this class. Apparently not. You are very right. You may be at ease. Have more confidence in your answer next time."

He paced around the field he was on. Behind him were four stages. Stages meant for battling. He then said "What Crimson had just stated was the reason why we made the rooms like they are. We wanted our students to feel disappointment and feel the need to create their space and make it theirs. That's the way we all work when getting better. We become disappointed in our skills, and so we fight and struggle to make them better. After we work hard for our rooms, or skills, to be the result of what you had envisioned in the beginning, we reap the rewards of our success and get better. When you compete in an Appeal Battle, everything you do must be from you, making your attacking style unique, and therefore stylish and powerful. There are no syllabi for this course, nor books you need. Books cannot teach you what the field could. All you need is practice, a field, and a battle partner. The only goal in an appeal battle is to fight with the style that fits you the most and flair, causing your opponent's appeal points to decrease. I'm pretty sure you know how this all works, since most of you here would've already seen all these kinds of performances before you signed up to this joint.

Now... Who can speak French?"

Miel was a little surprised by this question, so he raised his hand a little too quickly, earning him a "Son, what did I just say about raising your hand?" and a red-faced drill sergeant.

Miel just gulped and stood up, unable to back out since he was quite quick with the hand and in the very front row of seats, had tried to erect a more confident posture and a more confident voice. He then said: "I do, sir."

"Good. You may partner up with that tardy Frenchie in the back."

Miel's eyes widened and he was about to say that the man's name was Jean, but he had to simmer down. He didn't want to get on his bad side. He simply nodded and replied with a "yessir" before sitting back down.

The coach then told everyone to partner up and to meet in the field with their partner. He turned on his heel and walked toward the middle of the four stages. The stages were arranged in a 2x2 order with a Poke Ball design on the very corners where the four stages meet, turning the four stages into an even larger stage.

Miel just sighed as he got up and walked back toward Jean. He then said "Je suis désolé...", his tongue expertly making the appropriate sounds for the language that his sister wanted him to talk in. Sometimes even forced him to whenever she gave him the silent treatment. He was looking down and quite upset. and hadn't meant any harm by it... Which was apparently something he had done. He had wanted to have him as his battle partner, yes, but this wasn't the way to do it. He would just have to ask him formally later.

Butch got up and smashed her shoulder against Miel's arm on the way up to the stage, walking up with complete confidence and with a defiant grin on her face. Miel just rubbed his arm when she wasn't looking, as he looked quite shocked. His hands were also quaking again. He needed to take his pills, but he hadn't told his sister about it, yet. Sucks that his PokeGear can only call. This was the first time he had actually ever shown weakness since he entered the school.

That made sense, Jean thought as he reflected upon Crimson's answer, but that still didn't explain the absence of back support on the beds. That, and the smell. He was still pretty sure that whatever the coach was saying was just a crappy cover for the school being cheap, but whatever. If what the coach was saying was true, then Jean was already winning at this school. His dorm, or at least his side of it, looked perfect. Now to just do the same thing to his performances, win a few ribbons, and become a Top Coordinator. Piece of cake.

Jean's small smile of confidence quickly sank though, as he heard the coach's next question. Great. With the wave of relief from finally sitting down washing over him, the boy completely forgot the deal he just sighed up for. Speaking Kalosian French for an entire class? Well, it sounded easy, but if he had had gained any experience from the multiple white lies he told to get out of father's business lessons, he knew it was eventually going to blow up in his face. Shrinking back a little into his seat, all the while praying that none of the students he had talked to before mentioned his proficiency in English to the coach, Jean peeked open an eye to see who raised their hand. His head banged flat against the desk when he saw who'd he be paired up with. Of course it was Mr. Honey Know-It-All. Great.

Waiting until everyone else had gotten up before he rose from his seat, Jean looked at Miel with obviously unenthusiastic eyes, not noticing or caring about his physical state. He replied to the other in English, all the while cringing at Miel's accent. While it wasn't completely terrible, it was still garbage and felt weird to listen to compared to any native Kalosian. Why couldn't Aria or someone else have volunteered first before this guy? "No, no. I panicked and dug a hole for myself. I'm sorry..." He trailed off, remembering the creepy picture being drawn of him from the last class. "Actually, never mind. I take that back. Let's just get this over with." While he said last part in a negative tone, Jean couldn't help in feeling a little giddy as he looked back at the battle field. Appeal battles were hard to come by in Kalos, due to showcases replacing contests over there. While he had practiced some appeal battling at the Battle Chateau, there was never a score then, and all the other challengers were normal trainers screaming at him to "stop looking pretty and just attack already". He was excited to see how his self-made skills faired in a real appeal battle.

Seeing how badly he had gotten treated from his apology, Miel's anxiety levels didn't lower. In fact, it got worse. Everything was just a train wreck in this particular class. He was going to say something as Jean just apologized, but all of that quickly got drained as he just gulped at his own regret. He moved a bit, so Jean could get past him. He couldn't steady his hands, no matter how much he tried. His Kyukori wanted to let herself out, but Miel quickly grasped at his shaking Poke Ball. His entire face an ash white as what he felt like his throat was closing up.

No, not now!

His eyes darted about in panic as he tried to find an exit, an escape route. There was only the door, and everybody else was going up on stage. He was pretty sure if he had left for a little phone call, the teacher would get a little angry. He didn't want that. Everything was just going downhill. All the methods he had used at this point to stay calm wouldn't help anymore. He had to tell someone. The only one he could tell was Jean, and he wasn't too happy to be paired up with him. The lights in this damn gym were becoming too bright for him and he squinted to get the rays of light to stop tormenting his eyes. Everything seemed like everyone was wanting him to feel some kind of pain. He began to feel nauseous, and the world was spinning a little. His heart rate had soar to very high levels, and he had to hold himself upright with a nearby desk. The desk creaked as Miel just couldn't deal with all of this, sending most of his weight on the desk. He felt clammy and sweaty, and his hands shaking like he just developed Parkinson's. He simply gasped out "Panic Attack" to Jean before his hand clutched his throat in panic.

It was closing! No, wait! Stop!

His mental screaming didn't seem to help. Everything was cloudy and dark. It felt like a vice was closing around his throat. He just couldn't... Tears started to brim with a few dripping as he continued to struggle with his inner demons. His thoughts had raced to Oh Arceus, what would people think of me now? What have I gotten myself into? Why am I here? Why did I raise my hand?

This six foot four inch behemoth felt tiny as a Joltik as he just stood there, vulnerable, his legs turning to jelly and lead at the same time, his body reacted to his throat "closing up" by making him hyperventilate. The noise he was making sounded like he was wheezing right after he ran a marathon. The torture felt horrible, and it felt like a few hours have gone by, but it was only a few minutes. It looked like he was choking himself by the looks of it, but it was all panic. Perceived fear of what's not really there or blown out of proportion. But Miel didn't know that right now. All he could think of was how he was going to die. How he felt like dying. How the world slowly spun around him and caved in on him.

His arms were shaking now, and they felt numb and they tensed up. It shook the desk a little, but not enough to make too much noise. His eyes were wide open from the fear of failure. The fear of everything. He needed his pills, but they were too far away.

Jean's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he heard Jean gasp out. Panic Attack? What type of Pokemon move was that? It sounded like it was maybe normal type, though it could maybe be dark, or ghost. Though, if that were the case, maybe Jean should rethink using his ace Doublade for this practice. Stopping for a few seconds to try and solve the type question in his head, he quickly gave up to ask Miel himself.

His eyes went wide as he saw the other's state. Completely pale, shaking worse than a Snover, and beginning to wheeze... "Hey- hey, are you okay?" He moved back towards Miel slowly, afraid the other might shatter before him he sped up any more. He had never seen a person in this type of state before- was it normal? No, no it definitely couldn't be. But hat was it, even? Did he say something wrong? Was this the Panic Attack? Crap, what was he even supposed to do? "I'm sorry about taking back the fact that I was sorry before," his words came out just as slowly as his movements, his voice steady as Jean tried his best to stay calm. "I just saw you drawing me earlier of me, and it was creepy, and I wasn't in the best mood- but look! I am now! Everything okay, I just-" Was his wheezing getting worse? "Just breathe! Breathe, and um," Jean turned around, starting to panic a little himself. His voice rose to a yell, "Is there a doctor here? Any type of medical professional? He- he needs help!"

All Miel could do was nod or shake his head. The voice was hard to hear as it echoed off the back of his mind. He managed to understand it through the blind panic, as he shook his head. Normally, someone apologizing for being his source of anxiety would help, but this panic attack wasn't like the normal ones he's had in the past. This one would prove to be the most powerful and the longest panic attack he'll ever have. His normal panic attacks would last a minute or two, but this one had been lasting for at least 5 minutes. He heard most of everything and even heard the breathing instructions, which helped. Sort of. Although, everything went black for him as he couldn't hear anything else.

The coach, hearing the so-called "Frenchie" speak English, raised an eyebrow until he saw the panicking kid. He rushed over to Miel, seeing him doubled over with his eyes glossy with tears and pure panic and fear. What was this? He heard a student or two said this was a panic attack, as they seemed to know more about this. Now, he knew what it was, and he knew what the cause was. He then spoke to Jean: "I'm not going to ask how you know how to speak English out of the blue, but this kid needs to see the nurse. Since you are supposed to be his partner for the entire term, you will just have to deal with his shortcomings. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again. It just seems like the damn kid didn't get to take his pills. You help your partner up and take him to the nurse. My Pokemon will show the way and help."

With that, he released a Pokemon from his Poke Ball. It was a Machoke, brimming with muscles. When he saw the helpless kid he put his arm over his shoulders and helped prop him up. The sudden attention Miel was receiving helped snap him out of his black out, but now he saw the main cause of his panic attack: The coach. His vision was quite blurry, but he could still see the stern, yet worried expression on his face. Maybe he wasn't out to make his day horrible. It was just who he was. But even that calming thought didn't help his anxiety. He let go of his throat finally, but he was still wheezing, and his arm was stuck in a clutched position. It couldn't relax, as it was numb. Apparently, that was supposed to be the arm Jean was supposed to hold over his shoulders to support the burly man.

Once Miel was completely supported, the coach led the three outside, and the Machoke led the rest of the way. The coach went back to the stage, as he tried to calm everybody down. He couldn't help but feel bad, but he also felt a little mad that time was lost due to this kid's mental issues.

Once Miel was in the hallway and away from the classroom, the panic attack subsided a bit. He regained feeling in his legs and began to hobble along. His wheezing didn't seem to stop though. He just hoped his Pokegear wasn't dead or something. The feeling of dread of having such a device dead and no way to get his pills caused him to have another bout, the veins in his neck becoming more pronounced as he gasped for air. The Machoke looked unsteadily at the poor man, not so sure if this was life-threatening or not.

Aria felt her stomach sink as Miel was helped out of the room. This teacher had just intimidated a kid into having a panic attack! This had to be a joke, right? There's no way the school would hire so many underqualified teachers, right? She wasn't scared of her, though. She had survived high school, nothing scared her anymore! She did hope Miel was alright, he seemed nice. Briefly, she considered partnering up with Jean - living in Kalos meant at minimum fluency in Kalosian french, and she was sure she could speak with Jean easiest. But, she really didn't want to bring that up to the teacher. Plus, she wanted to test Crimson's skills. He was the only real threat to her here, she felt, and she'd like to assess him further. Sorry, Jean. Next time. Putting on her friendliest face, she walked over to Crimson. "Hey, want to partner?"

Jean nodded at the coach, the only relief from his words being that he wasn't going to ask any questions about his lie from earlier. The confrontation was quick, but it at least guided him in the right direction for being able to help the other. They just had to follow Machoke to go to the nurse's office- wait, what was that about pills? Taking Miel's free arm across his shoulder- if it weren't for Machoke's help, Jean would have definitely collapsed from the combined force of the giant's weight and his lack of upper body strength- he began to move towards the nurse's office.

"You- you're fine. We're going to the nurse's office. Someone will be able to help you there and you can get your pills! Maybe there's someone we call..." Jean trailed off as he heard the sound of faint wheezing begin to start once more. He and Machoke had managed to calm him down into a stable condition as they walked (he was unsure what stable was at this point, but it had been quieter at least), but now it seemed that they started round two. This was definitely not shaping out to be what Jean imagined the first day of school to be like.

Eyes spotting the throbbing veins, Jean tried to quicken their pace, even if just by a little bit. Meanwhile, he tried to blabber on about whatever to try and get him to calm down once more. "Did you know that the first stage in a Kalosian showcase is completely random? It can be anything from a fashion contest, to a quiz, to Rhyhorn wrangling! That's to make sure that the person who's awarded Kalos Queen is well-rounded and ready for anything. Oh, also the nature of the title of Kalos Queen is different than that of Top Coordinator for several reasons, the first being that-"

As he continued droning on in his quick walkthrough of Kalosian showcases, and then a verbal tutorial on the best desserts in Kalos and where to find them, he kept his eyes on the other, trying his best to notice any fluctuations in his condition. At last though, they made it to the nurses office, where Jean immedeately dropped Miel (thankfully Machoke was there for the catch). "Battling... class... he... help... panic attack!" He screamed to the nurse, who immediately took to action. Jean was thankful for the one minute of reprieve, leaning against the wall as he tried to catch his breath. His heart pounded in his chest, and there was a blanket of sweat covering his brow. His first day was going just fantastic so far.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson widened his eyes to see Jean escort Miel out of the classroom and to the Nurse's Office, with the Coach's Machoke leading them. Crim was shocked honestly. Sure he was intimidated by the Coach himself, but he didn't really believe that anyone could get a panic attack from intimidation. Maybe Miel's anxiety sensitivity is higher than normal people with anxiety. Crimson wanted to come with the duo, but the Coach only allowed the two to be escorted out, leaving Crimson and the rest of the students in the classroom to worry for their classmates, on practically the second day of school. That was that though, Nothing he could do about it now.

Crimson's thoughts were interrupted with a familiar voice with her Kalosian accent. Crimson sees none other than Aria, also known as the girl with the Flygon. She was asking the lad to be her partner. "I mean I don't see why not," Crimson agreed to her pairing. "I don't have anyone right now, so~ yeah!" Crimson ended awkwardly, not knowing what to say next. What in the world was he getting so awkward in third period. Who knows, maybe the way he acted at the beginning of class has an effect on the whole class period. Again, who knows.

This partnering concept was interesting though. Were the partners going to battle each other? If so, Crimson had the perfect counter for her Flygon, her only known Pokemon unbeknownst to Crimson. Her other Pokemon may cause issue for Crimson, but he was confident he can out-appeal the Kalosian. If the duo were pairing up though, he wouldn't mind that. They might have to create combinations on the spot though, which puts pressure on both trainers. But again, Crimson was quite confident the duo could pull it off.

Dylan whistled at the spectacle that had occurred. In the span of a few seconds, Jean and Miel had both left the room while the latter was unconscious. He sighed and stood up from the bleachers, surveying the court and looking for any potential partners. He made his way over to Butch and waved, a friendly grin on his face. "Hi! Would you like to be my partner?" He knew that his last interaction had not gone as well as he would have liked, but to the Distortion World with it, 2nd time's the charm. Plus, he wasn't trying to be her friend or strike any sort of conversation, he just wanted to see how his performing and battling capabilities compared to that of Butch's.

Last edited: