• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

" It's fine, I got shy that often, but things changed. Even the time when I met my 2 starters, which is Delphox and my Greninja. " she replied to Abby.

"Well I guess so, and one warning, try not to eat peanut butter around me I've got a deadly allergy to them." Abby said stepping back a little in case Raina was eating peanuts.

" OK, as long that it is just butter, you will be fine I promise! :) " Raina smiled at Abby, trying to be careful around her every time while eating a PBJ sandwich just in case she is hungry or whatsoever.

Fawn walked out of the Pokémart, getting herself prepared with as many Leaf Balls as she thought she would need. Which was a pretty big amount of them. This girl was a Grass Trainer, and she was pretty happy about that. She just loved the feeling of life and all that, and she felt that Grass Types did that well. She looked at the ball with her first Pokémon, which was a Deerling, which she hadn't thought of a nickname for yet. Though she was thinking of it as we see this. But she cautiously walked on, looking for any Pokémon, so she wouldn't be too surprised by it.

Debbie and her Combee, Honeycomb exited the Pokemart with plenty of Bug Balls. She saw another girl walking by, a Deerling trotting behind her. Honeycomb buzzed excitedly towards the Deerling. "Combee, don't be rude!" Debbie shouted, running after Honeycomb and grabbing her. "Sorry... my Combee gets over-excited sometimes. I'm Debbie, nice to meet you."

Fawn looked to see a sudden Combee flying around her Deerling, who seemed to be a bit frightened by what was going on here. Fawn stopped to wonder for a moment if this was a wild Combee or not, before hearing the words of the trainer coming over. And it seemed that she grabbed the Combee as well, even though Deerling was still quite frightened. "Oh, it's okay. I'm actually a little bit relieved this was a trained Pokémon, instead of a wild one. I'm not too sure how I would react to that..." she replied, patting Deerling reassuringly.

Raina began to sent out her Purloin, who was almost about to evolve into a Liapard," WOW! A Combee and a Deerling, these pokemon are so adorbs! What are your names anyways? " she asked the two girls, then her Purloin began to hop on her shoulder, " Ok Purloin, stop being too cute girl! "

"My name is Debbie." Debbie answered the Trainer with the Purrloin. "You two training a specific type as well, I would assume Grass and Dark?" she asked, nodding towards their Deerling and Purrloin. "This is my Combee, Honeycomb. She is a social butterfly. Or... bee, you could say."

" Yup, I also got a shiny umbreon, greninja which is water and dark, and a wevile! My purloin is almost going to evolve into a liapard. Right girl? " Raina's purloin nodded at her," Anyways I'm Raina, and you are Debbie and your combee, honeycomb right? "

"Yep, you're right, Raina!" Debbie smiled. "I've got Honeycomb here, a Scizor named Blade and a shiny Heracross named Amber." she explained. "We're on a journey to catch Bug-type Pokémon... as you would have already guessed. Everyone, come on out!" Debbie shouted, tossing two Pokeballs into the air. A Scizor and a shiny Heracross each popped out of them. "Meet my Pokémon!"

A screech in the distance, and a blur of red landing on the ground. Its Barbra, Matthew's Talonflame. "Thanks Barbra, return. And now for you Coal, you can romp and stomp while I get some food." Barbra returns into her flame-ball and suddenly a Pokeball opens and what looks like a veteran Typhlosion appears, "Typhlosion ty!"

Matthew walks around the corner towards the Pokemart to spot a Pokemon battle, "A cyndaquil... Peculiar, very peculiar." He walks over to Sia, "Nice Cyndaquil you have there, I remember when I got my first Pokemon... That was six years ago though. Coal is just about the best partner I could ever ask for, he has been with me everywhere. And hope you have that same bond with your Cyndaquill lass."

Daniel walked away from the tree and into the town near by, looking at all the Pokemon outside of their Pokeball, he looked down at his before sighing and releasing it, letting out a Roserade by his side "OK... Listen, don't start any fights... the last thing i need to do is send out another pokemon to save you..."

Cult looked at his Vaporeon. Vaporeon, the best eeveelution! He had 5 Water-balls left. 5 more water pokemon to catch! He was deciding what water-type to catch next. Maybe a Totodile? He can't really catch one of those. Cult sighed. He almost got a few godd ideas until he got a great one!

A Feebas. A female Feebas! He just encountered one! He quickly threw the ball. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.. Snap! He caught the Feebas! "Awesome! I have a lot of poke-puffs for you, miss!" Cult lulled.

After standing around for a while, hearing people converse a small walk away, Brixi turned around and started towards the next town. Wyatt looked over at her, a bit disappointed to leave the ongoing battle, but followed none-the-less. The sunny day lifted their spirits as they traversed down the grassy path.

Matthew walked away toward a small diner, "Coals! Found a place to eat!"
Coals runs towards where his name was called and stops next to the diner. "Now time for the full gang, come out for lunch guys!"
Several Pokeballs are opened and an Arcane (King), Talonflame (Barbra), Delphox (Jeremy), Marcargo (Dave), and a Rapidash (Draise) appear. "Now guys, I don't want to spend money like last time, COUGH Jeremy COUGH, so I want everyone to choose as few Pokepuffs as possible."
As soon as Matthew says that the fire type team rushes into the diner, taking Matthew with them.

Raina's stomach rumbles," Wow, didn't see that coming, want to go somewhere to eat guys? Maybe I got enough pokepuffs for you? " Raina looked at her left. She saw a pokemon diner," Awesome, the Pokemon Diner is this way guys lets go! " Raina and her pokemon ran to the pokemon diner before it was 7:30," Woah, what a record of my running skills huh? Right guys? 49 seconds in total! " the whole team nodded.

a few minutes later, the Roserade start tapping her trainer, wanting food "I've got some food in my backpack if you want some" But the Roserade shook it's head, pointing at the Diner "Of Course... You want to go somewhere else so think you're more important than anyone else..." as He finish his sentence the Roserade grinned in approval making him sigh "How did I end up with you... I wonder some times..." he says walking over to the Diner as the Roserade Glared at him, following

The fire type team starts grabbing pokepuffs. "Ok guys remember, that means you Jeremy, that I want as few pokepuffs as possible, I went broke last time I paid for you all."
Jeremy rolls his eyes and starts pointing at the pokepuffs he wants while the others start pointing them out as well. After a few minutes pass Matthew spots several others heading towards the diner. "Great, more people to fill the crowd."

" Oh, who are you? You must be a fire type trainer right? " Raina asked Matthew, before she went into the diner. Wevile/Weavile began to pull her in the door," WEAVILE STOP! FINALY I PRONOUNCE YOUR NAME RIGHT! "

Daniel paused from inspecting the Poke puffs to look at where the shouting and come from "Huh... a Weavile... How Unique..." as he Spoke, his Roserade quietly Pick pocketed his Wallet

"Yep thats me. Matthew Drevur, that guy with the, erm." I look at my team, "I guess you could call em nuisances? But I've been doing this for six years now, so I guess I could say that I'm a Fire expert.
I point at my team, "The typhlosion is Coal, the arcanine is King, the talonflame is Barbra, the delphox is Jeremy, the marcargo is Dave, and the rapidash is Draise. And I can see that you are a Dark trainer?"

Wayra stretched and yawned as he glided peacefully through the sky on the back of one of his best friends, Adoeete, who was a tropius. His other best friends were all beside them, also on a relaxing flight. There was a Xatu and a Sigilyph, the latter of which adorned with sparkling feathers of rare hues of green, yellow, and red. The young coordinator had been taking a nap on the back if his trusty steed, but woke up to a growling stomach. No, not his own, though Wayra's stomach was also considerably empty, but the enormous rumbling sound coming from a tropius who was quite ready for lunch.

With a whistle, a very strong one that resonated throughout the sky, he called over his other two friends who had been flying freely through the sky. He always let his Pokemon fly as far as they wanted, as long as they would still be in the hearing range of his whistle, which had a very large radius. Freedom was something that Wayra could never bring himself to restrict for any living being, even if they "belonged" to him. He hated that term.

"You guys itchin for some grub?" He called to his friends after they had approached and began flying beside him. The Pokemon cried as an answer to his question, and with a nod he began looking for a place to eat below. "AHOY!!" he called out as he spotted a diner that many people and Pokemon began surrounding and entering. "Time for some nummies!" He said to his friends as they began their descent towards the diner. If the people and Pokemon below hadn't been notified of Wayra's presence by the loud rumbling of his tropius' belly coming from the sky, they surely would have from his whistle.

He landed with a loud thud near the diner, possibly attracting a lot of attention to himself due to the mass amounts if noise he's already made, though he never took mind. He always made a loud entrance wherever he went, so he eventually just got used to all of the attention he received upon arrival. With a fun laugh Wayra slid down the neck of his tropius, who lifted her neck at the last moment in order to give him a good leap into the air before he gracefully landed on the ground, as if he had just arrived in a contest. He wasn't a show off, he simply liked to have fun, and being a coordinator, he naturally found it fun to do things like arriving with a fancy entrance. Even when no one was watching, it didn't matter to the boy. After he stuck the landing he bent over into a bow, and then back up again, flipping his long, black hair up and behind him. He turned around to the tropius with a giggle and shared an affectionate nuzzle with her. "Okay guys, wait there by that tree, I'll be right back." He turned and began walking over to the diner as his tropius began munching on the leaves of a tree, the xatu resting on her back while the sigilyph floated along beside his trainer. "Oh WOW!!" Wayra stopped in his tracks as he spotted a rather beautiful roserade with it's trainer's wallet in it's grasp. He approached the pair with a friendly smile. "I can't help but notice what a lovely roserade you have here, I have no doubt that she has the most exquisite taste, she absolutely radiates refine beauty!" Wayra exclaimed with passion. Usually he didnt speak in such tongues, but when faced with such attractive Pokemon the coordinator couldn't help but let his passion take over and turn him into a poet.

Last edited:
"Its fine, you'll find them eventually. But Dark types are pretty uncommon, I suggest looking in caves or other spooky places, in fact, I saw an Umbreon once, it was magnificent, but that was a long time ago, back on Mt. Moon."
Matthew hears a thud and his team and himself simultaneously look towards where it came from, it was Wayra. "Great, more people, just like when I went to Unova."

" Wow, and that reminds me, where can I find a pancham and a pawniard? I'm gonna look for two of those after dinner, plus pawniards are one of those rare pokemon I think. " Raina asked the trainer for MORE information so she can complete her dark type team.

Last edited:
"Well Kalos and Unova is a good place to start for one. Anyway I'm actually on my way back to the daycare center and needed a small break, I have an egg there and need to get it soon, and I left my motorbike there..."
He looks back at his Pokemon, who are all full now. "Well I need to get some training into my team, come on gang, and ill see ya later Raina!"
He walks up to the counter and pays the cashier lady. She says, "Thank you and come again."
The group of Fire types pile out of the small diner and head outside, "Ok gang, were all full up and ready to go! So lets train." He pulls out a weathered inflatable punching bag from his backpack and sets it up.
"Ok now Coal, your up first, use Fire Blast." Coal shoots a huge beam of fire from his mouth, making a 'star' out of fire as it hits the bag, giving it a black soot coating. "Nice, high five!" Coal gives Matthew a high five. "Typhlosion! Ty!"

The Roserade look a bit annoyed by the trainer that approched her, but when she heard the complements, she just grinned, while Daniel turned around and quickly Snatched his Wallet back "Yeah, that's what most people think, While she does have good looks, he thing is a magnet for trouble... Probably why she's my Star Pokemon..." He says as she just smiled

"And I can tell she really loves the attention!" He laughed, crouching down to give the roserade a friendly smile and an affectionate pet. "How lovely," he murmured. "Oh! I'm Wayra, a flying type coordinator, and this is my friend Etu, " he smiled up at Daniel, still in a crouch petting the roserade as he introduced his shiny sigilyph, who was silently floating around the three as if caught in orbit. "I'm guessing by the sharpened thorns of your friend, and your jacket that you're a poison type trainer? It seems she is better in tune with her poison type attributes than most roserade I have seen. Maybe that's why she so boldly caught my eye. Some coordinators that put much care into their work easily notice things like these," Wayra explained.

Last edited:
"Only if its Positive" He said as the Roserade didn't know how to respond to being patted "Daniel, And this is Rose, cause that the only name she liked" he said as he watched Etu "And Yeah, I'm a Poison Type, but her Sharpened Thorns? I Don't sharpen them..." He says with a sigh "She most likely stole some of my money to get them sharpened, But I care a lot about my Poison Types, I make sure to cover there weakness as much as possible"

"A pokemon's thorns naturally sharpen if they train a lot with poison type moves and techniques. One of the many reasons why pokemon are so amazing," he smiled, standing back up. "Oh, wow! I got so distracted by the beautiful Rose, that I almost completely forgot that I was here to get food!" he laughed lightheartedly before turning around to take an order. "You wouldn't mind having lunch together, would you?" he asked once his order was taken. "I'd love to learn more about you and your friend. You can learn about my friends and I as well, if you'd like of course," he offered.

Brent a new pokemon trainer carried a male Ralts in his arms. He walks through the forest looking around "here we go Ralts we can do this" he smiles. Ralts smiles putting his hands up

"Ok then now use-" Matthew is cut short by the ringing of a phone. "One second. King, Barbra, Jeremy, Dave, Draise, return."
Several pokeballs open and close as his team returns into their pokeballs. Matthew answers his phone, "Yes? Ok, great! See ya there, bye!"
Coals looks at me curiously, "Typhlosion? Ty typhlosion ty?"
Matthew responds to Coal's curiosity, "The egg is about to hatch and we need to get going, its just a few hours walk into the forest."
Matthew and Coal walks into the forest.

He wasn't very disappointed with getting steel types, although he had hoped for fighting types but nonetheless he got Aron. He decided to name this little bugger Ronar, the boy had mangy auburn hair and Piercing gray eyes,He noticed the battle between a Cyndaquil and a haunter, he walked over with Ronar still in his poke ball after he decided to start eating the back of someones car, when he had gotten pretty far from anything metal and not to close to the battlefield he decided to let Ronar out to watch the battle which was really interesting the Cyndaquil was holding up surprisingly well.

Brent puts Ralts down and grabs his bag "come on let's go" he walks through the forest Ralts follows close behind tripping over his own feet every once in awhile

"Amber, Blade, return!" Debbie told her Pokémon after everyone had finished their lunch. "See you all around." she said to her fellow Trainers. "Honeycomb, let's look for some new Pokémon to add to our team."