• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I'm tempted to have Lewis go out looking for wine to use as antiseptic and due to being extremely inexperienced with wine, especially from Kanto, ends up spending most of the money he saved up for travel on an extremely expensive bottle, to be potentially cursed out by someone who actually knows something about wine. Instead of getting something like rubbing alcohol for a much lower price, which is actually used for disinfecting wounds, in his haste to feel useful, he wastes a lot of money on a problem that's already been dealt with. Very typical of Lewis.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, as I said, Lewis has no idea what he's doing. He's already on a paid vacation from NanoCorp, I guess saving money isn't his priority. The guy just wants to do what he can to be useful, ya know?

Just don't be surprised if he somehow locates a nice borbon for the adults, I like to think Alexis has been wanting to partake in a few shots, just to know what it feels like. After all, when a girl spends 18 years of her life in a cult, that's like a quarter of her life wasted.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Alexis is still trying her best as well, don't forget about her! She's putting her full effort into soothing the wild Stacy.

I wonder... Would it be too late to bring in Evilane? If I can get permission from everyone here, I could have her as a character for a second plotline. Perhaps she decides to arrive to help with the rumours of a Team Rocket resurgance, and go off to kick mafia arse after carefully scoping out the situation and getting support from the local police? Knowing her, she'd make the issue seem much bigger than it actually is just to be able to send a message to criminals, and to give her Pokemon a proper training session that hasn't been done since she retired as Champion. (Also, because I want to see a showdown between Mafia boss Giovanni and a version of Evilane dressed up like some old fashioned detective from the 1930s.)

Last edited:
The limit is 3 characters, so the only thing that could pose a problem is her being a champion. Otherwise, having another character with a similar goal is actualy convenient to me, since Rick already has a feud with Team Rocket, and it's about to get worse soon when he finds out Chris was taken in his stead.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Oh, no, as I've said before, she's a former champion. She gave up the title at age 20 to live a more peaceful life. She's now essentially just an ace trainer who goes around as an independant unit and deals with various issues. Due to her past as a champion, she's associated with the police in Unova, and by extension has assisted Interpol for various crime-related things. Should I just drop down a basic character sheet right in, or would you rather learn about her through roleplay? (Personally, I like the idea of her being a mystery character that just drops in based on a lead from her colleagues.)

Edit: I wait on further commentary before I make a reply. You guys will determine if I make a bio for her first.

Last edited:
@Charlotte Pryce your character looks good!

@Ridge It’s possible we’re still in the tunnel, I thought some people were up on the next route though. My bad, if I’m incorrect!

@The Heart of Frostfire. You can add her, but is it possible you do away with the retired champion bit? I haven’t let anyone else do it, and I just find the idea of character being champions, or former champions, to be slightly unrealistic and such. Especially at the age of 20.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, yeah, that's fine. I can simply modify her story slightly and have one of her parents be a retired champion, it wouldn't really change anything. (Granted, the original character is in her 30s and retired at age 30, but I changed her age and such to be younger to better fit in with the group. After all, a 35 year old who's well known in the professional community would definitely raise eyebrows if she were seen hanging out with children almost half her age.)

I think once your character meets the others in the group your character will be a wonderful addition to the group! Also welcome to the RP! We can be a little crazy here but we just like to have fun lol!

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Oh! A little bit of lore about Lewis! When he was a young boy, he gained an extreme dislike and even fear of pokemon battling during a terrible accident that resulted in his father needing a wheelchair. While his father had recovered, Lewis' PTSD never truly recovered, and he even considered joining team Plasma at one point due to their public message of wanting to free Pokemon from their trainers. However, fortunately, Ghetsis was labled as a criminal and more than likely sent to a jail before he was old enough to join. He now carries a fear of battling and has an ongoing goal to overcome his fear, but it's a rather long road that he's only recently started down.

Last edited:
However, fortunately, Ghetsis was labled as a criminal and more than likely sent to a jail before he was old enough to join.
Just a heads up: since this RP is still in the time of the original RBY, those events with Team Plasma haven't happened yet, and no one knows about Ghetsis's real plans.

@Charlotte Pryce did you intend on having someone help with the Fearow? I happen to have Rick's Dragonair heading towards Vermillion from the sea, so the paths should cross. She's supposedly weakened from the fight against Team Rocket, but a wild Fearow shouldn't be a problem.

Just a heads up: since this RP is still in the time of the original RBY, those events with Team Plasma haven't happened yet, and no one knows about Ghetsis's real plans.

@Charlotte Pryce did you intend on having someone help with the Fearow? I happen to have Rick's Dragonair heading towards Vermillion from the sea, so the paths should cross. She's supposedly weakened from the fight against Team Rocket, but a wild Fearow shouldn't be a problem.
Sure! If you'd like. Sky's Pidgeot and the Fearow are old rivals, so I have a feeling she'll need help. It's hard to command a Pokémon and fight motion sickness at the same time. Poor Sky doesn't do well with heights.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, of course, I'll keep out any team plasma stuff then. My brain is not functional sometimes.

Edit: Do not question the bird named after a Japanese warship. Evilane is aware of the weirdness as well.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Name: Evilane Dnalk.

Age: She looks to be in her early 20s, but her demanior makes it hard to tell her real age.

Trainer Class: Ace Trainer/NanoCorp Operative.

Physical Appearance: Upon first glance, Evilane is definitely someone to take note of. She has pale skin, hair that is dyed a strange colour of metallic purple, and her eyes are also a bright, shimmering green, visible even in low light. She also has a tattoo on her both cheeks appearing to be two symbols from a long forgotten civilization. She is around 6 and a half feet tall and her build is rather toned, making her intimidating even without her pokemon, especially when in uniform.

Clothing: When she's out riding her Pokemon, she typically wears a modified bomber jacket to be as long as a trench coat and a rider cap, similar to something used by pilots during our second world war. However, when she's on the ground, where she feels safest, she wears a black full body uniform with neon green bands on the arms and legs, and a pokeball simbol on her chest. She also bears the symbol of both NanoCorp on her left shoulder and the Unova police division on her right. She also has a holotech like Lewis, making it obvious it's a thing used by NanoCorp employees, though hers is smaller and more like a somewhat large watch. On her uniform, she has a belt with three pokeballs on either side of her, and on the front, some various items like potions for easy access.

Personality: Evilane is a rather energetic, positive person, and lives to make sure nobody has to be in fear. She actively pursues those who cause the innocent trouble and has a strong sense of justice. However, due to her energetic nature, she's a bit of a hot head and occasionally will preform actions without thinking, something that Lewis has been working on helping her with. Her bond with pokemon is extremely strong, to the point where if she were seperated from them, they'd do everything in their power to come back to her.

Backstory: TBA.

(It's not as long as some other things I've done, but I hope this will do.)

I could see multiple pokemon working for her like a dratini but I have a feeling thats a bit too powerful for Stacy... I also see Abra working, or most bug types... Sandshrew might be nice!! What do yall think? I'm thinking Sandshrew maybe...