• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

I could see multiple pokemon working for her like a dratini but I have a feeling thats a bit too powerful for Stacy... I also see Abra working, or most bug types... Sandshrew might be nice!! What do yall think? I'm thinking Sandshrew maybe...
Sandshrews are cute! Though I can see the Abra working as well. Both are generally calm Pokémon. I was wondering if Stacy might like a Cubone, then again, maybe too much of a crier.

I also could technically let her get pokemon outside of the region that way... could say someone is selling eggs illegally and those on the team that work with the police can arrest the person selling them while Stacy gets a pokemon or two!!

I'm actually thinking some sort of ground type! Like a Cubone or Sandshrew. If pokemon out of the region is an option than maybe a Paldean Whooper or a West Sea Shellon

Had an idea a bit ago of her specializing with ground types when she got older and even becoming a ground type gym leader in her future

I honestly don't really care for Hippopotas and the pokemon I listed were all pokemon I was thinking about being on her team (unsure what region she would be in as a gym leader actually lol)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I'm sure Alexis could help you catch a small pokemon. If she does it properly, she can help you capture a weak pokemon without a battle. Though, she'd have to get over her anxiety, having like 10 people hanging around in one area is bringing out her fears.

If we're staying true the games then that might be the case. If we're going more by the anime then who knows where we'll find one? As long as the area is dry and rocky, I'd think it could be found on the trail on a hot day. Just saying.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ehh, I just want to do something. Both of my characters generally don't have anything to do, only Evilane is actually getting ready to do something. Evilane is an anxious mess, and Lewis isn't holding together too well either.

I get it I at times have had to wait for my characters to have something to do but the wait is always worth it! I promise you that! I prefer to work with interactions and reactions between characters! So, I'm sure there will be something soon for your characters to do!

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, I can only hope so, I've just been rolling along with everything because that's where the roleplay is at currently. At least I managed to create a seperate story point with my Evilane, perhaps that can help move things along.

Well, I can only hope so, I've just been rolling along with everything because that's where the roleplay is at currently. At least I managed to create a seperate story point with my Evilane, perhaps that can help move things along.
If you need help moving things along, maybe I can spice up Sky's backstory. I put in her bio that she was accused of cheating. Her career as a trainer and hopes of becoming a top-tier gym challenger were ruined due to an unfortunate "incident". I did not yet specify what this "incident" was...

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, that could be something interesting, but I don't see how it could help progress anything, at least not on my end. Lewis doesn't really focus on the league stuff, Evilane is only aware of what goes on in Unova and Alexis... Well, she's pretty clueless with any events outside of what's directly affecting her. Being born into a cult for slightly over 18 years will do that for ya. And that's the reason as to why she's so anxious and scared of large groups of people, especially trainers. It brings back memories.

Well, she's pretty clueless with any events outside of what's directly affecting her. Being born into a cult for slightly over 18 years will do that for ya. And that's the reason as to why she's so anxious and scared of large groups of people, especially trainers. It brings back memories.
Yikes! I would think so. Well, I'll keep working on it. So far the only thing I had planned for Sky was she was going to explore Kanto, relive some memories, and figure out whether or not her Pokémon would be better off without her (boring right?). She stopped battling after "the incident" which displeased some of her Pokémon and a friend suggested that they might be better off with "real" trainers.

I'll try to make her more interesting than that. See if I can bring something to the table.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, we have plenty of time to work out a character! When I first started this, my OCs weren't very fleshed out., This roleplay was an opportunity to develop them better. (Especially since Lewis was originally a character meant for a PMD thing, being a Leafeon. I've since modified him.)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Heh, you can blame Sky and Roxy, I'm not entirely sure what was going on with them. Especially since they ignored Lewis' attempts at talking to them. Maybe they saw his green jacket and thought he was a bush. Not the first time that has happened.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
No, he was talking to you guys, who had your Pokemon out. I guess I should have been more clear, but I thought using the words 'new arrival' would be enough. But I now like the idea of someone mistaking him for a really weird bush. Might actually do that some time. He wants to avoid someone, so he gets his goth Gardevoir wannabe to use some kind of illusion to make him look like an actual bush.

What's the Pokemon name? Gothitella or something? I honestly can't remember the name of the final evo. (She was a Gardevoir, but I don't think we need anymore of them. We have what, like three trainers with Gardevoir? It would be weird to have four.)

From what I saw, you were with the rest of the group on the outskirts of Vermilion while Roxanne and Sky seemed to be closer to the water. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I didn't see any point where Louis was greeting Roxanne or Sky. Just saying.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Not wanting to get involved with the whole team rocket business, he turned to the newcomer, sighing once more. "And here I was thinking our group would only have a few people. Looking at your team, I take it you've spent a lot of time with your Pokemon? I respect that." He spoke, his voice slowly starting to perk back up. "I wouldn't bring those pokemon around her, from what we understand... She has quite the fear of Pokemon, if I've heard correctly." He comments, gesturing at a Stacy who was hiding under the bench again.
I will admit, this was rather poorly formulated, but the newcomer was referring to Sky. In retrospect, I should have used the name Sky instead of newcomer, to make it more clear. But what's done is done.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I also could technically let her get pokemon outside of the region that way... could say someone is selling eggs illegally and those on the team that work with the police can arrest the person selling them while Stacy gets a pokemon or two!!
Honestly, Evilane suplexing someone who's doing illegal pokemon sales would definitely be on character with her. Moment she figures out what's going on, she'd be wrestling the jerk while a worried Lewis shouts at her to be careful and to avoid breaking anything until proper law enforcement can arrive. No, she's not Nemona, she doesn't commit domestic assault via pokemon.