• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

Character Sheet:

Name: Kiyu

Appearance: Kiyu has her dark brown hair in a braid behind her back. Her clothing is the same as other people of the Psychic trainer class, with the main difference being a pin on her shirt that shows she is a registered Gym Trainer. She carries a small handbag that fits her items. If she's not having them float around her head in preparation for battle, her Pokèmon's Balls are in the bag. Her eyes are a much more noticeable brown than her hair. Kiyu has a barette she wears depicting a spoon and two gemstones, symbolizing her Pokèmon: Kadabra, Espeon, and Slowpoke.

Personality: Kiyu comes off as stoic and cold because she doesn't know the customs of the real world yet.

Backstory: Kiyu lived in Castelia City as a kid. When she was around 4 or 5, though, she fell into the sewers after being pushed there on accident by her older brother Hinata's friends. She met an Eevee while she was down there, the same Eevee that would become her Espeon. It led her into the back lot, where she lived with and was raised by the Pokèmon living there. During the events of B2W2, she was forced out of there by Team Neo Plasma. During her first time out of the lot in years, Eevee taught her how Pokè Balls worked and many other things that helped her when she grew up. At some point in Driftveil, a Kanto Leaders tournament was happening at the PWT and she saw her future mentor Sabrina for the first time. She wanted to become a Gym Leader herself after being thrilled by the competition. She got on a boat sailing to Kanto at the PWT's ship dock. As she adventures through a bit, she caught an Abra and a Slowpoke, which would become her future companions. Kiyu went to register to be a Gym Trainer and she was accepted. Recently, she decided she wanted to go on a proper adventure and took advantage of an upcoming break to do just that, and so here she is.

Pokèmon: Espeon, Kadabra, and Slowpoke

Last edited:
Your character looks pretty good, other than the fact that she can communicate with Pokémon. I would highly advise you change that, as it doesn’t seem realistic. However, as a substitute, she may be able to read the emotions of Pokémon better than others?

Been eyeing this for a bit, and I can't help but cave in. Bare with me as despite me conjuring this character for a while, I'm still a bit indecisive with him. :'|

Name: Trent

Appearance: Trent has dark grey hair that is normal length, sometimes poking into the top of his vision, and light grey eyes. Standing at 5'7", he has fair skin color and an average body build. For clothing, Trent wears a black zip up jacket that he leaves open, with his sleeve cuffs and edges of his collar and bottom of it, yellow, resembling the color scheme of an Ultra Ball. Underneath it, he wears a light blue shirt with the outline of a Poké Ball on it. Finally, for his attire, he wears simple dark beige jeans and dark grey sneakers. To wrap everything up, Trent carries a yellow backpack to match with his jacket.

Personality: At first glance, Trent looks like someone with a bad boy attitude, but he's actually a pretty chill guy. He may also seem like he does things on a whim, but it doesn't mean he has no reason or meaning behind them. Overall Trent cares for his friends and Pokémon, willing to lend a helping hand if they need it. He's also keen to expand his knowledge of Pokémon.

Hometown: Vaniville Town, Kalos

Reason for Travel: It had been a while since Trent had gone to a region to have a proper journey in it. However, that's only part of the reason. The other is to attempt form a bond with the reclusive Absol he was given in Orre.

Backstory: Trent began his travels at the age of 15 with his best friend Justin. He started out with Fletchling while Justin had his Helioptile. Soon, however, the group of two became a group of three once the met a girl name Victoria. From there, the three traveled through the Kalos region, gaining badges for Victoria while also getting mixed up in her family drama. After Victoria's competing in the Kalos league concluded, the three friends said their bitter goodbyes and parted ways, Justin going Hoenn, Victoria going to Unova, and Trent going to Sinnoh. Having been inspired to dabble into learning more about Pokémon, he went to visit Professor Rowan to learn what he can. He remained in Sinnoh, helping the professor with some of his research in the process. After some time, Trent found out about the Orre region and decided that would be his next destination, to learn about the Shadow Pokémon that had once run amok in it. Like Sinnoh, he spent some time there learning, and when we was about to leave, Trent was asked to take an Absol that was once a Shadow Pokémon. The reason for the sudden request was because the dark-type had become distrusting of humans after having its heart locked and becoming corrupt, and the people taking care of it were running out of options as to how to have it come around. Trent agreed and set his eyes to Kanto, hoping a journey in a new region could help have Absol open up to him.

Species: Talonflame
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Flame Charge, Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Quick Attack
Region of Origin: Kalos

Species: Linoone
Ability: Pickup
Moves: Slash, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Sand Attack

Species: Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Dragon Tail, Water Gun, Smokescreen, Sludge Bomb

Species: Absol
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Razor Wind, Bite, Swords Dance, Double Team
Region of Origin: Orre

Been a while since I've been on this site, and this RP looks fun can I join? (Using an OC that I've used before cus I really like her and I've only used her once. Editing her backstory to fit)
Name: Alice Sunstone
Hometown: Slateport Town
Appearance: 4'8" and light-skinned. Alice has bright fiery orange hair that she usually wears in pigtails and a dark blue bow behind her head. Her usual outfit consists of a white shirt with a pixel art dive ball with a dark blue jacket over that. The jacket has white highlights. she wears a matching dark blue skirt and white socks with dark turquoise sneakers.
Personality: Alice is very peppy and loves exploring. Her favorite activity is fishing and really likes water-type pokemon. She enjoys swimming and trying new things. Alice can be quite stubborn, and a little bit of a dummy. She's very friendly and likes meeting new people
Biography: Alice was born in Sunnyshore City, but her parents passed away when she was very young so she spent her childhood in Slateport Town. Living on an island, she has grown to love the sea. Every free day she got she spent time at the docks. She spent every free second learning about sailing, swimming, and fishing. She got her very first pokemon, Cherry after an incident of Alice saving her from a rampaging Kingler. The Kingler clamped her arm and left a large scar on it.
Starting Pokemon: Cherry the Clauncher
Reason for Traveling: After months of convincing her Grandpa to finally travel the world she decided to pick Kanto as that's where her grandparents first met. While being a perfectly fine place, never leaving Slateport can get boring after a while

Name: Finn Magne

Apperance: Finn has short curly black hair that he refuses to cut no matter what. He has blue eyes and white skin that’s a little tanned. Finn wears a red jacket with a black t-shirt with white sleeves with blue jeans, fingerless gloves, blue and white shoes, goggles and a grey backpack.

Personality: Finn is an energetic and adventurous kid who is always looking for something to do. Even though he can be quite reckless at times he knows when to calm down and think things through. He also has a habit of easily getting overly excited over little things. But when it comes to battles he can be extremely intelligent and his quick thinking and come in handy whenever he’s in a pinch.

Hometown: Pallet Town

Backstory: Finn has always been fascinated with the idea of Pokémon battles since he was five and had read multiple books and watched almost every league battle. He was absolutely obsessed with Pokémon battles and wanted to experience more then anything. So he decided that when the time was right he would leave pallet town and start his Pokémon adventure.

Reason for travel: To become the champion of the Kanto region.

I hope this looks good.

Been a while since I did a RP, so this should be interesting.

Character Bio:
kFiMRb1.png

Name:
Rick
Appearance: Slim and standing at about 1,80m tall, with short brown hair and light skin. While physicaly not a very strong individual, his light stature makes him quite athletic. He wears a riding outfit, consisting of a dark-grey t-shirt with the initial "R" of his name in the upper-half, grey breeches, tall boots, and occasionally a pair of gloves. He also packs on the lighter side: no backpacks or any heavy gear that could hold him back or restrain his movements. Only a belt pocket to carry the essentials (medicine, first aid, small tools, berries, etc...), and three slots on his belt for shrinked pokeballs.
Personality: Rick can be quite an introvert individual, especialy when it comes to strangers. However he has no problems with offering assistance to someone in need or receiving help from others. He prefers to spend his time with his pokémon rather than with other people. Due to his prefered lifestyle away from cities and closer to nature, he doesn't feel confortable among crowds, and usually tries to avoid them. He often has a hard time at maintaining a conversation, although his communication gets progressively better to the point where you'd barely notice his introvert nature. When it comes to battles, he tends to engage in them only when necessary to prevent injuries to his pokémon. He may do them for training, or friendly skirmishes if someone asks him to, but he's not very fond of simply battling for sport. In those cases, he will often hold back and evaluate the opponent, then act accordingly to their perceived skills. However, he won't hold back if it's a serious battle.
Reason for Travel: While many trainers will leave their hometowns aiming to complete the Gym challenge, Rick is more driven by the sense of adventuring and exploration. Being from Sinnoh further raised his interest for the more remote areas, and places with a hystory of myths and legends. Eventualy he received an invite from a family friend to be his assistance and do field work for him, which for Rick seemed the perfect opportunity. He recently came across an Old Amber in one of his latest explorations, and is now commited at trying to revive an ancient pokémon from its DNA. This ultimately led him to travel to Kanto, knowing about the region's famed hystory in pokémon research and technology.

Species: Rapidash
yeAVaMS.png

Name: Iris
Bio: Iris was Rick's first pokémon, which he adopted from a barn from very young age when she was still a ponyta. They've been together ever since, and quickly became best friends. Rick keeps her out of her ball most of the time, and she's free to roam as she pleases, although she rarely strays too far without a reason. She also serves as Rick's main means of transportation. While she can be quite jolly when in he mood, she does have a bit of temper and a general distrust towards strangers (human or pokémon), especialy those who get too close without her concent, although she's not overly aggressive and is actually courteous to those she trusts. She's quite protective towards Rick, standing her ground against anything she feels poses a threat, and has enough combat experience to be capable of fighting by her own without instructions, if needed.

Species: Leafeon
89sCGzh.png

Name: Zephir
Bio: Zephir is a very pacifist pokémon who spends most of his day sleeping on the treetops or any spots where the Sun shines. He's a very sociable and higly curious pokémon, very quick at making friends with other pokémon nearby, if given the chance. As an eevee, Zephir had always been the "pet pokémon" of Rick's family. Never meant for battling nor to receive any combat training to begin with. He became Rick's second pokémon when his father gifted it to him before leaving home. He was later exposed to a Moss Stone and evolved into a Leafeon, at which point he actualy started developing his abilities thoroughly. A trait that is shared by most of his species, Zephir prefers not to fight an opponent head on, and most of the time he sticks to more of a supporting role. Nonetheless, when he must face an opponent head on, Zephir shows great skill in close quarters, and has his fair share of tricks to use in combat.

Species: Dragonair
ul4ytgO.png

Name: Pearl
Bio: Pearl is arguably the most calm of Rick's pokémon. She never evolved into a Dragonite despite all the years of training, and while most people would see that as a bad thing, Rick actualy prefers it that way and hopes that she will never change. Since she would never develop her full physical strength as a middle stage, her training was shifted towards the one thing that Dragonair has above their fully evolved formes: mastering the elements and weather manipulation. Having full control over weather and access to four different elements gives her the ability to unleash all kinds of special attacks, being only limited by the amount of energy stored in her orbs, making her the ideal pokémon when raw power is required to get the job done. She also serves as Rick's alternative means of transport for air or water travel.

Last edited:
@Imperfect World I guess I should've put a longer backstory to cover that. >_<
Actual traveling should be about 5 years (he was 20 when he left home). He started training at the age of 16 when he got his Ponyta, but he didn't really travel back then and just sticked to surrounding areas.

@Imperfect World Nice! Thanks! :)

Btw I forgot to ask: in what time is the RP taking place in relation to the games' events? Like, pre-RBY, during GSC, or after. I assume since Govanni is still Viridian's leader, it should be pre-GSC and Cinnabar hasn't been destroyed by the volcano yet?

I have no limit to how many people may join, so feel free to leave a bio whenever, as your chances of getting accepted is the same as anyone else’s. Same as the games, six Pokémon per team is the limit. You may catch other Pokémon to be sent to your PC, and can switch out Pokémon regularly if you’d like.

@Demonic Bunny Looks like we're all ending up meeting at Route 1, so I expect we're all traveling along for a while until the party breaks up... at which point I don't see why not. ;)
Of course it's also hard to predict how an RP will play out.

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Name: Edward Camphier
Appearance: Edward stands at a sharp 6’0 flat. He has a normal build for a person. Edward has golden blonde hair and ocean blue eyes to match. For normal attire on Edward, He often wears black and white checkered Flannels and black jeans to match. To match with the style he wears boots, they don’t really reach that high on his legs.
Reference:
D0BBE1FF-4C5C-442F-BD8F-A18AF196CAD7.jpeg

(Picrew maker for credits)
Personality: Edward is a softy at heart, being very soft spoken sometimes. But get to know him a little bit more and he is more calm and confident, with a little bit of joy to him.
Hometown: Camphrier Town, Kalos
Reason for Travel: Being known throughout the Kalos region for his Trainer PR videos, he decided that, with his twin brother Oliver, that they were going to explore the world. Landing first on Alola. Edward enjoyed the beaches and nice ocean atmosphere. But he really wanted to see two things, one is what exclusive Pokémon there are and admire them. Then to see if anyone knew who he was outside of Kalos.
Pokémon:
(Leader)
Species: Gallade
Nickname: Lancelot
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Quiet
Moves: Swords Dance, Close combat, Zen Headbutt, Psycho cut

Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Galland
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adament
Moves: Iron Head, Knock off, Sucker Punch, Swords dance

Species: Aegislash
Nickname: Excalibur
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Sassy
Moves: King’s shield, Gyro Ball, Toxic, Pursuit

Species: Escavilier
Nickname: Galahad
Ability: Overcoat
Moves: Megahorn, Iron head, Pursuit, Drill Run

Species: Beedrill
Nickname: Bedivier
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Poison Jab, U-Turn, Drill Run, X-Scissor

Name: Oliver Camphier
Appearance: Oliver stands at a sharp 6’0 flat. He has a normal build for a person. Oliver has light brown hair and grassy green eyes to match. For normal attire on Oliver, He often wears black jackets with a white shirt underneath and black jeans to match. To match with the style he wears boots, they don’t really reach that high on his legs. Unlike his brother, Oliver wears glasses. His glasses are more circular in shape.
Reference:
B98979EF-D51D-4B4A-A97F-BEB320D43E2E.jpeg

(Picrew maker for credits)
Personality: Unlike his soft spoken brother, Oliver is more open and energetic. He isn’t too energetic to where it’s a problem. He is known well for his kindness, his joy, and his joking personality.
Hometown: Camphrier Town, Kalos
Reason for Travel: Being known throughout the Kalos region for his kind acts, he decided that, with his twin brother Edward, that they were going to explore the world. Landing first on Alola. Oliver enjoyed the beaches and nice ocean atmosphere. But he really wanted to see what new Pokémon there were for him to look at. One specific asteroid-looking Pokémon caught his attention immediately.
Pokémon:
(Leader)
Species: Houndoom
Nickname: Kerbecs
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flame Blast, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower

Species: Minior
Nickname: Orion
Ability: Shields Down
Moves: Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Hidden power grass, Earthquake

Species: Kricketune
Nickname: Tempo
Ability: Technician
Moves: Sticky Web, Taunt, Endeavor, Bug Bite

Species: Luxray
Nickname: Xerxes
Ability: Guts
Moves: Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Superpower, Facade

Species: Scizor
Nickname: Deimos
Ability: Light Metal
Nature: Impish
Moves: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Knock off, Roost
Here are the boys!

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't think about this when I made the character, but it just came to me the idea that, since my character happens to have an R on his shirt, it could be funny if some people who know about the organization eventualy assumed that I was some Team Rocket grunt for a few moments. <.>

MarcelGalliard790

I’m going to have the twins be at different groups. Oliver will meet the group at route 1 and Edward will meet the group in Viridian City.

*Edit* If it’s fine with you @Imperfect World Kerbecs and Lancelot will not be in normal pokeballs but in Luxury balls instead. As it was a birthday gift from their parents.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, I don’t see why not. I guessed that eventually, we’d all be traveling together, but if you guys want to have like, two different groups and storylines going, you can.

Also, quick note guys! You don’t have to tag the people you’re interacting with. It’s unnecessary to tag everyone when you post, and frankly it takes up time and space. Please, refrain from doing that unless you have a valid reason.

Man oh man, it’s been an eternity since i’ve been in an rp on this site. So I figured i’ll junp back in with this one haha.

Name: Azure Cendria
Appearance: Azure has a slim posture. He’s 1,65m tall. He’s white but has a slight tan because he came from Alola. Blonde hair with red ends and eyes as blue as the Alola sky in summer accompany a yellow shirt with a tropical design, which is never tucked into his light blue jeans. When the weather gets cold, he always has a backup vest, which is red in color but lacks a design.
Personality: Azure is very outgoing and has a, quite literally considering he’s from Alola, sunny personality. He tries to look for the good in everything, and this usually means he’s able to make the best of any situation. The better of a friend you become to him, the more he’ll be ready to help at pretty much anytime. And... the more he’ll talk your head off.
Reason for Travel: Described below in backstory
Hometown: Malie City
Backstory: As Azure turned 10, he didn’t really have as much passion for Pokemon as he does now, however, after a storm made the Malie Garden into an absolute mess, he watched the cooperation between Pokemon and people that brought the garden back to a state as if nothing happened. He was severely impressed by this, and having seen this, and studied up on what trainers do in the world of Pokemon, his goal was to form the perfect Pokemon team. He also wanted to get to know many trainer around the globe and learn what they feel is the perfect team. And he figured the best place to start was Kanto, where he heard a bunch of trainers had also just started their journey.
Starting Pokemon: A Grubbin gifted to him by his dear grandmother. It has already grown quite close to him but it does like to be stubborn occasionally and do its own thing.
(because we’ve already gone past 3 routes:)
A Mankey, currently a bit stubborn towards him but loves battles and follows his every order in them.

So, seeing as you guys seem to be at the Pewter gym right now, i think it’d be best if i barged into the doors behind you guys and got to know you there or something

MarcelGalliard790

Man oh man, it’s been an eternity since i’ve been in an rp on this site. So I figured i’ll junp back in with this one haha.

Name: Azure Cendria
Appearance: Azure has a slim posture. He’s 1,65m tall. He’s white but has a slight tan because he came from Alola. Blonde hair with red ends and eyes as blue as the Alola sky in summer accompany a yellow shirt with a tropical design, which is never tucked into his light blue jeans. When the weather gets cold, he always has a backup vest, which is red in color but lacks a design.
Personality: Azure is very outgoing and has a, quite literally considering he’s from Alola, sunny personality. He tries to look for the good in everything, and this usually means he’s able to make the best of any situation. The better of a friend you become to him, the more he’ll be ready to help at pretty much anytime. And... the more he’ll talk your head off.
Reason for Travel: Described below in backstory
Hometown: Malie City
Backstory: As Azure turned 10, he didn’t really have as much passion for Pokemon as he does now, however, after a storm made the Malie Garden into an absolute mess, he watched the cooperation between Pokemon and people that brought the garden back to a state as if nothing happened. He was severely impressed by this, and having seen this, and studied up on what trainers do in the world of Pokemon, his goal was to form the perfect Pokemon team. He also wanted to get to know many trainer around the globe and learn what they feel is the perfect team. And he figured the best place to start was Kanto, where he heard a bunch of trainers had also just started their journey.
Starting Pokemon: A Grubbin gifted to him by his dear grandmother. It has already grown quite close to him but it does like to be stubborn occasionally and do its own thing.
(because we’ve already gone past 3 routes:)
A Mankey, currently a bit stubborn towards him but loves battles and follows his every order in them.

So, seeing as you guys seem to be at the Pewter gym right now, i think it’d be best if i barged into the doors behind you guys and got to know you there or something
Not to come off as rude but we have not arrived in pewter city. We are all at Viridian city right now.