• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

One question: Assuming that Alice and Amelia do find fossils in Mt. Moon, then can they resurrect them at the Museum or do they have to wait until Cinnabar.

The reviving machine is at Cinnabar at the time of RBY. Just IC for plot reasons, Rick doesn't know that yet, until my next post. :p

Last edited:
@Crystal1302 and @Ridge , I think that if they did find fossils, I’d like them to wait until Cinnibar to resurrect them. The excuse could probably be that the resurrection machine is broken, and needs to be fixed until about that time.

@Shamaniac231 , I would definitely do that if I could, but I do believe that I can’t, even with permission. Just rest assured knowing that you ARE relevant and important. I can reference you in my posts, pretending as if you’re there. Is that alright with you?

Also, I wanted to check with you guys and ask if it was okay for my character to capture all the starters? Obviously, if that’s not okay with you guys, that’s fine and I won’t do it. As of right now, I’m going to post a reply with a Charmander in it, insinuating that it will become part of Amelia’s team. However, if you guys are not okay with her collecting the starters, I will edit it out to make it so.

I'm fine with people having whatever they want if them having it makes sense. Except maybe Legendaries and most Mythicals, though if someone decides to have something like a Shaymin or Meltan it wouldn't feel that weird either.

I also feel that way about legendaries, mythical Pokémon, shinies, etc. The chances of running into, let alone catching and befriending an incredibly rare and difficult to catch, one of a kind like no other Pokémon seems highly unrealistic to me.

@Crystal1302 and @Ridge , I think that if they did find fossils, I’d like them to wait until Cinnibar to resurrect them. The excuse could probably be that the resurrection machine is broken, and needs to be fixed until about that time.

@Shamaniac231 , I would definitely do that if I could, but I do believe that I can’t, even with permission. Just rest assured knowing that you ARE relevant and important. I can reference you in my posts, pretending as if you’re there. Is that alright with you?
Yes

Also, I wanted to check with you guys and ask if it was okay for my character to capture all the starters? Obviously, if that’s not okay with you guys, that’s fine and I won’t do it. As of right now, I’m going to post a reply with a Charmander in it, insinuating that it will become part of Amelia’s team. However, if you guys are not okay with her collecting the starters, I will edit it out to make it so.
No complaints here because I don't have a kanto starter anyway

Anyways i'm going to post again now considering camper liam is free again haha

Um I think I need to post today because if Amelia want to go challenge Brock I need to not be occupying him and considering you set up camp for the night it’d be weird for me to be there all night

Was waiting to see if @Draco was gonna respond, since I didn't have anything else to add and it would look weird for Roxanne to suddenly vanish. Though as soon as someone makes the Night -> Day transition (or something else happens before that that I see relevant), I'll do mine by assuming some chatting happened offstage.

Just a heads up, I moved the story forward a day, because of many of our characters being asleep, or going to sleep. It is now morning, I hope that’s okay with you all

Mind if I takeover Brock for a post after Azure's match and before Amelia's, to set up something for later? Shouldn't affect the progress for others, and I have the post already pre-made so there won't be much waiting.

Last edited:
Oh... I had it done already, but still need the current match to finish, since it involves Brock leaving the gym for a few minutes.

I could taveover Azure as well to force a finish, but that would be super-bunnying. Though at this point the RP is kinda stuck until @13InHeaven comes back, so I don't know what's the best thing to do either...

I don’t think @13InHeaven is coming back, as it’s been almost a month. Im thinking about kicking him from the RP so that we can continue this. What I mean is that, basically, Azure never existed, or left. Is that okay with you all?

Hey @Imperfect World would it be an issue if the post I have ready goes before yours (meaning you'd have to delete and repost after me)?
Like I said, it won't affect the post after (except maybe the very first part of yours, since I'll have Brock going to the Center for a bit), and will let me make progress while you guys take care of your gym stuff.

I typed up a new response, because the other one got lost somewhere in the code of the internet. But I do like it better than the previous one I had typed out. I decided not to finalize the battle right away, in case someone wanted to respond with something, and to avoid making it too long. I’ll probably finish it in my next post or two.