• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
It happens to the best of us, really. Take your time, we're not rushing you. I'm just worried I'd end up roleplaying with myself again, I was hoping for Lewis(and now Alexis as well) to join Roxanne and co on their adventure.
Edit: I gave a bit of interaction with Roxanne, hopefully the Umbreon gives you an idea of how to continue!

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing something like a timeskip. It would reduce the possibility of Alexis speaking to ghosts, but maybe we'll have another opportunity for that.

Edit: I'm tempted to have Lewis and Alexis have some sort of thing where they are never seen sleeping, and if asked, Lewis would reply along the lines of 'Chesto berries. Tons of fucking chesto berries' and Alexis replying with 'What's sleep? I'm a plant!' For no reason other than comedy, really. If it can work in some Anime, why not have it work here? Of course you'd expect them to need some form of sleep, but you never see them sleeping, so it would lead to questions over how they haven't collapsed from lack of sleep. Pokemon logic!

Edit 2: I have made my post, we can now do a time skip.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Alexis is apparently now a potato. I made the joke about her claiming she's a plant(to a group chat on Discord), and now the group chat I'm in has agreed that she is a potato. I'd think she'd be more of a Sylveon infected with the mushrooms from Paras, but you know. I guess when an Irish person compares you to a potato, it's a compliment? Either that or they're saying they want to eat you, which is... Less positive and I will refuse to go into what that could mean.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
@Draco Nightshade , yo. Just wanted to make sure with you before I made my next post. Basically, the idea would involve my duo and yours getting a room at a nice hotel together, paid for on behalf by the lovely Evilane. Is that okay with you? Just wanted to make sure before I made the post. If not, I'll edit it so it doesn't involve your characters and implies that they went off for their own thing.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, now I just wait for Lewis and Alexis to get some notice. Either from their new travelling companions or literally anyone else. I didn't put them into a training session with the latest Razor Laboratories tech just to be ignored, after all! (Also, if some other, more powerful pokemon ended joining in and ended up destroying the training device, prepare to have Lewis have a minor mental breakdown, which could be an interesting plotpoint. Lewis ending up rushing off with his Pokemon with Alexis trying desperately to calm him down. He's usually a chill guy, but... Well, we all end up in a cartharsis moment at some point in our lives.)

Well, now I just wait for Lewis and Alexis to get some notice. Either from their new travelling companions or literally anyone else. I didn't put them into a training session with the latest Razor Laboratories tech just to be ignored, after all! (Also, if some other, more powerful pokemon ended joining in and ended up destroying the training device, prepare to have Lewis have a minor mental breakdown, which could be an interesting plotpoint. Lewis ending up rushing off with his Pokemon with Alexis trying desperately to calm him down. He's usually a chill guy, but... Well, we all end up in a cartharsis moment at some point in our lives.)

One thing that might help is to establish who is with who and where currently. I joined a large group initially but then everyone seemed to scatter so I am a bit lost lol

(...) if some other, more powerful pokemon ended joining in and ended up destroying the training device (...)
Fun fact, I was actually thinking about doing that, since I'm leaving Iris outside while talking to the officer, and horses get annoyed when there's a hornet messing with their grazing. :p
I'm only posting tomorrow, though.

@Godjacob right now, since there was a time skip to the next day, it's assumed everyone is either in Cerulean around the same area, or is heading there if they spent the night somewhere else (in my case, Rick will arrive soon, and Chris will have some stuff going on the sidelines).

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
If you're responsible for causing Lewis a mental breakdown, prepare for a very angry Sylveon to come for you. I plan on having his Eevee evolve after this session, and perhaps gain a new level of affection for her trainer. And it would lead into her hunting down those who harm him. And on the topic of where everyone is, I don't really have any plans, just riding the flow of the roleplay. The training session is meant as an attempt to perhaps draw everyone together again, as I can imagine this isn't a common occurance.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Just a quick tip that if you're approaching a group, try to make some reference to who they are, via a ping or mentioning their name in post. Kinda confusing when you mention trainers when everyone in the roleplay is basically in the same city. Just to let you know of course, a friendly tip! I in no way am trying to be mean, but this is an attempt at being helpful.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, thank you for verifying. I might bring in the character sheet of my Evilane soon. While she is meant to be sort of a background character, I do want to have her take part in some way. I have plans. Considering she's canonically a former champion, she'd be a good person for Lewis to call for assistance if he ever gets into trouble, like another issue with Team Socket.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Oh, I don't blame them, no. I just have a lot of spare time on my hands, and I understand others often don't. But I am hoping on getting into working as a freelancer artist/writer, so perhaps that might eat up my time once the scanner for my art comes in!

I was also finding it weird that no one was posting. Then I realized school exists and people with jobs should be back at work. :o
Even though my job doesn't me much free time either...

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Meanwhile, I may have just realized I unintentionally gave Frostecs three fairy types. He's like a less edgy Bede! But it's fine, I'll work through him expanding his team so a single angry Skuntank can't just solo him. (Actually, Sylveon can learn dig if I remember correctly, but they'd still be fucked if they meet a steel type that can tank dig, or outright ignore it.)

Hey, silly question, but can I introduce a single Fakemon to this RP?
IMG_20220808_120402077.jpg

This is Primal Persian, a Rock/Fighting type. Ability: Glass Jaw; Bite attacks have additional Critical Damage, missed attacks result in decreased Physical Attack stat
Evolves from Kantonian Meowth that have learned and leveled up while knowing Ancient Power.
I doubt you'll allow this. If you don't then no problem. I'll stick with regular Persian.
@Imperfect World

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, yeah, I understand why you wouldn't add fakemon, but this pokemon is actually a cool idea! Did you come with it yourself? That's really cool, I could actually see it as something canon! Maybe a Legends game based in Kanto?

Oh god my writers sense is working and I'm now thinking of a Kanto based Legends game. Perhaps with a bit more emphasis on classical Japan? Though that would work better for Johto and... Ugh, I don't want to go off topic here, sorry.

Last edited:
Huh... now that you mentioned it, I just noticed they deleted the post and character sheet. I guess you just... act as if it was still there, but the trainer just took the Lycanroc and left? And @Imperfect World edits and merges the two posts so it doesn't look weird. :?

@The Heart of Frostfire. actualy you can post unless you're waiting for someone specificaly. My post was last, so I can't (even though I have it premade in Draft already ).

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, maybe they decided to leave the roleplay without saying anything? You could always come and say hello to Lewis and Co, he'd appreciate the company. I know I could post, I just wanted to give everyone else a chance to reply. After all, I'd feel bad if I ended clogging the roleplay with my longish posts. Also, I wish Sylveon could learn a ground type move that isn't dig. Perhaps using dig in a way that involves launches the fairy type after burrowing out of the ground? It's a great counter for both steel and poison types! Unless said types have levitate, which defeats the point.