• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

@The Heart of Frostfire. Still better if the RP gets stuck for some reason, tbh.

Also, the only Ground move Sylveon can learn besides Dig is Mud-Slap. Which sounds bad at first if you look in-game stats, but if you look at it by anime standards, it can hit flyers since it's a projectile and move Base Power is also subjective in the anime.

Then again, Dig can also hit flyers in the anime, if the pokémon is able to launch itself into the air. Though I already have a hard time trying to visualize the eeveelutions burrowing underground, let alone doing it at high enough speed to propel themselves.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I mean, Sylveon is a foxlike creature half the size of a person and yet can slaughter dragons, so... I don't think normal logic applies here. If any questions arise, expect Lewis to just claim it on fairy magic and using stored energy to launch themselves. If a massive polar bear can confound its foes with speed and use aerial ace(leading to questions as to how beartic can move so damn fast), a Sylveon can use dig and launch itself at enemies. Don't mess with Sylveon, they are like cats. Adorable and cute, but capable of doing great evil.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As an extension as to what I've said before, I have some plans on how Lewis utilizes the newly evolved mistress. Mainly as a sort of shock infantry(if you want to use military terms), attack quickly and give them a relentless assault before they can react. And maybe dazzling gleam to blind them if an all out blitz doesn't work. It could work very well if the roleplay gives me an opportunity to help out with the re-appearance of the helicopter. Perhaps Lady could detect a heavy disturbance similar to what they dealt with originally, and Alexis(being a psychic) would comment on how she felt the same thing. And maybe using Lady to use her psychic powers to speak in an area without actually talking, sort of like a projected telepathy but it's actual sound and not communication through the mind. Because I'm a writer, damnit!

@Godjacob Something arround this? It just wasn't specified where Edward and Oliver spent the night.
(Yes, I upgraded two normal houses into a Hotel and Police Station for simplicity's sake... 8))

cerulean map.png

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Oh, Jacob, I have a question for your character. What is their prosthetic leg like? Is it just a basic thing, or it a bit more advanced? I ask because I remember having written down somewhere that Lewis is interested in modifying the human body with cybernetics and stuff, and is really into robotics and the idea of using them to break free of limits on the human body excites him.

Oh, Jacob, I have a question for your character. What is their prosthetic leg like? Is it just a basic thing, or it a bit more advanced? I ask because I remember having written down somewhere that Lewis is interested in modifying the human body with cybernetics and stuff, and is really into robotics and the idea of using them to break free of limits on the human body excites him.

I'd say on the touch of the more "realistic" side of things. His leg can allow him to walk around, adventure and do most things people can do. But it has limits, he can't run as fast as other people, he has to keep maintenance on it to prevent it from breaking down and certain environments (Such as a cliffy, or area with a lot of uneven ground or rocky terrain) are more difficult.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I suppose that makes sense, my character(at least Lewis) is more on the advanced side of things. His equipment is more advanced than your average trainers simply because of his high position in Razor. And also because he enjoys creating his own equipment over something pre-built. Evilane also has a robotic hand when she lost the original in a terrible accident, which lead to her quitting her position as a champion. I really need to write an OC sheet for her, but... I keep getting distracted.

Hi, I wanna submit a character, but I'm wondering, can I be a gym leader? I have a leader character planned so I'm wondering if I can use it.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Honestly, for myself, Lewis recently arrived in Kanto and... Well, Alexis is along for the ride. But he is planning on signing up for the gyms at some point. Not sure about the others, I've been mainly focusing on what's going on around my characters. And it might be a bit more complicated when I eventually intoduce a third, a former champion from Unova who ended quitting her career from an accident. But she's still a very strong trainer and takes pride in her work, using her skills to... Oh god I'm rambling again.

Hi! I’m back, sorry for not replying. I’ve been busy.

@Lolsak , I would prefer your character not be a gym leader, at least not yet. Because this roleplay follows the general storyline of the main games, all of the gym leaders will be and remain canon characters. However, I would find it okay, and actually quite interesting if your character was an aspiring gym leader! Perhaps they are under the apprenticeship of an already existing leader? But nonetheless, I would like to see a character sheet, because I’d be happy to allow you to be a part of the rp if it’s good.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Hey, is this thing dying? Just giving it a nudge to see if anyone else wants to continue it. I've become pretty invested into this roleplay, and it would be terrible to just see it die. Especially considering I'm not really in any others.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Yeah, I suppose that's fair. I just wanted to make sure real world things didn't make everyone forget about this. I do know what it's like to be busy IRL, just wanted to make sure everyone was still alright.

I know I already have 2 characters but I was wondering if I can introduce one more. I'm planning on having Kelly leave the group for a while to go her own way.

Name: Alexander Tempest
Appearance: Alex was born with a rare mutation that rendered him completely blind in exchange for a stronger sense of smell and sound. He doesn't use a cane as he has learned to navigate his surroundings through echolocation initially and later learning to sense Aura. His hair reaches past his neck and is typically tied back. His ears are designed to pick up sound more effectively. He wears a blindfold to avoid needlessly unnerving others with his completely white, pupiless eyes.
Alexander Tempest screenshot.png

Personality: Can come off as cold and unfeeling to people who just met him. In reality, he just likes to keep to himself.
Reason for Travel: Alex wishes to further hone his skills with Aura
Hometown:Celestic Town, Sinnoh Region
Pokemon:
1. Gardevoir (F)
Nickname: Gwen
Ability: Trace
Attacks: Shadow Ball, Moon Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt
2. Lucario (F)
Nickname: Aria
Ability: Justified
Attacks: Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Iron Tail, Shadow Claw
3. Gabite (M)
Nickname: Brutus
Ability: Rough Skin
Attacks: Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Iron Head, Dig

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, that's interesting! Aura isn't too different to what Alexis can sense with spirit and what not. Perhaps she senses aura but in a different way. It's an interesting character trait that fits with how psychics are canon, and how such things could work! Cool idea.

Sure! Now that everyone is adding extra characters, I am going to put a limit on three characters per person, because it’s become hard for me to keep track, and maybe it’s been hard for other people to keep track of, but also maybe not.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Three characters per person seems reasonable. I've been holding off bringing in my Evilane until I feel as if her arrival could help advance the plot. Or if Lewis ends up in danger, he just calls her in as reinforcements.

Hey everyone. I have not been on in a while, but I would like to join. I am reading the RP at the moment. As I am making my character, can anyone tell me the average level of the pokemon the trainers have? I want to start at around the same level as everyone else. It would also change what one of my pokemon evolves if it is at a certain point.

Gotcha. I also am going to ask if we are sticking to strictly gym battles, or are there other things like contests, tournaments, and other non gym related things. Also I am going for a breeder character with a battlers background, so is it alright if we use the Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu portable pokebox, as a way for her to raise more then six pokemon?

We're going by the story of the original Red/Blue games, but characters aren't forced to take on the Gym Challenge. In fact I think, right now, most aren't. There are no contests in Kanto, but that doesn't prevent a Coordinator character from a different region to show up. Tournaments... there aren't any in the story, but also nothing prevents people from making up something like a friendly competition, if they agree with it.

Not sure about the Pokebox Link, though.

Here is my character sheet for my character, I know she has more than the normal amount of pokemon, but I plan for her to switch out with a few being staples of her team.
Name: Sarah Winchester
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Sarah is a short girl standing at 5’. Long flowing deep rich purple hair reaches to the small of her back. Her hair is pulled into a half ponytail with soft waves.Her pale skin is accented by a dark smokey eye, and black lipstick. Her main outfit is a black gothic style dress with a corset and petticoat under the full skirt, that falls to the middle of her thighs and goes longer as it reaches the back. The sleeves of the dress open into bat-like style as they flow down to the ground. She completed the outfit with black leggings and tall high heels that look very sharp. The heels have a skull on the back of the heel of her foot. Sarah carries around a parasol that is black in color and is open when she is outside most of the time. On her right arm she has a sleeve tattoo that goes from black forest scene with a Mightyena howling upwards, as it goes up her arm the colors get darker starting with blues of the sky to the dark purple and blues of the night sky, ending around a full moon.
Personality: Sarah is very kind, despite the way her looks give off a “I don’t care” vibe. Though she is not a pushover she will gladly stand up for herself and others. Pokemon are her main focus as she wants to help them to be the best she can be. Being a breeder she wants to help pokemon to grow, though she does some battling training to help new pokemon to understand the way trainers will be.
Hometown: Lavender Town. Sarah was born in Lavender Town, but she and her family moved to Lumiose City. The Family recently moved back after her father retired from his very successful breeding school, a place for aspiring pokemon breeders to learn the trade.
Reason for Traveling: Sarah wanted to travel for a few different reasons, one being her joy at seeing different pokemon, another was to make friends and help pokemon to grow. She wants to prove that she can stand on her own without the help of her family.
Pokemon:
Espeon- Kit (Female)
Sylveon- Jane (Female)
Togepi- Yuna (Female)
Bulbasaur- Bloom (Female)
Mightyena- JackJack (Male) *He is bigger than most of his species as he comes almost Sarah’s shoulder.
Galarian Rapidash- Princess (Female)
Munchlax- Lotta (Female)
Lopunny- (Female)
Serperior- (Female)
Gothelle- (Female)

Last edited:
Hello! I was looking for a roleplay for my OC Dottie to be in! I found this RP and it seems pretty cool! I was hoping I could possibly join but Dottie has a special thing about her backstory that would probably need checked so I was wondering if it would be okay for me to DM it to the host?

Name: Dotti Twin
Appearance: Dotti is a skinny, short girl standing at 5'0. Her hair is colored a dull lilac purple cut short into a messy bob. Her skin is pale and slightly pinker than normal, and she has black unblinking eyes.
Clothing: Dotti wears a very pale, almost white lavender coat dress with white buttons, cuffs, and a collar on it. Her hat is a simple pom-pom hat in the same colors as her coat dress, and she wears a pair of white tights with dull lilac fake fur boots. A long light blue scarf covers her mouth. She carries a pale sky-blue bag on one shoulder.
Dottie_Twin.jpg

(To keep her in the Pokémon art style I traced over an already existing trainer from the games for the body.)
Personality: Dotti never talks. She seems mute, but that doesn't affect how well she communicates with pokemon. It's like she's a real pokemon whisperer who understands just what they want without a single problem. But when it comes to people, on the other hand, that's when things get complicated. Dotti seems to get on a bit on edge when around people. Oddly, she seems to have some odd distaste for Pokeballs. Although Dotti has a Pokemon partner, it doesn't seem to have a Pokeball. She appears to look with distaste at trainers when they use Pokeballs. But even with all of these odd things about her, Dotti is still quite capable of making friends with people. Dotti can even come off as a bit sarcastic and make a good joke or two. That is, if you understand her body language, know sign language, or hand her a piece of paper! Don't expect her to laugh at your jokes, though. She might show she found it funny, but she never laughs.
Goals: As of yet, she doesn't have any other than to survive on her own.
Reason for Travel: She has no place to call home, so she has to travel.
Backstory: I prefer to tell her backstory in private to the host because It's meant to be a secret, and I don't want metagamers coming and ruining anything. So, if it's alright, would it be okay for me to DM it?
Pokemon:
Pokemon:
Abra
Attacks:
Teleport
Confusion
Info: Dotti first found Abra when Abra was just an egg and quickly took care of the egg.

Last edited:
@EmoKitty21 Your character looks good! For some extra clarification, we are following the original storyline of the Red and Blue games, so there won’t be a portable box. However, boxes are located in every Pokemon Center, which do appear quite frequently throughout the region. And because there are no contests, tournaments, or anything of the sort. However, if your character has traveled to/is from a region that does host those activities, they can identify as a performer, or something similar.

@JoyPaws I would love to hear about the backstory, and I’ll either approve it, suggest some changes, or reject it depending on what it is.

@Chuzpop , I am still accepting people, so if you’d like to leave a character biography, feel free.