• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kyogre Lake Academy (Discussion/Character Creation)

For the future, next time we have a time skip we should try and wrap up the current events quicker. Or atleast we need to have a more agreed time for the time skip. I don't want it to turn out in a way where a few of the characters are waiting for the time skip while other characters still have ways to go for their mini arc to be over.
I guess that's on me for giving Enma the go ahead on the night timeskip early, so next time we do this I'll try to make sure everyone is done with their stories first. My thought process is just that I still wanted everyone to participate and that we weren't just waiting on a few people to finish up so the skip could happen, but I guess we ended up with that result anyway.

I guess that's on me for giving Enma the go ahead on the night timeskip early, so next time we do this I'll try to make sure everyone is done with their stories first. My thought process is just that I still wanted everyone to participate and that we weren't just waiting on a few people to finish up so the skip could happen, but I guess we ended up with that result anyway.
Its fine, this is the first time skip so its bound to be handled poorly, it'll go allot smoother next time hopefully.

Whats our solution? Maybe we have an agreed IRL date when each in-game day ends?
I feel like we definitely need IRL days as a sort of like "last day" before timeskips happen. We should shoot to have this timeskip happen today, but the next timeskip wont be for a few in-rp days (like a week at most) and the days activities should definitely be shorter as we settle into classes.

Whats our solution? Maybe we have an agreed IRL date when each in-game day ends?
Maybe, Imo I think the smartest option is just for majority to agree when it would be a good time to start preparing for the time skip rather than an actual irl timer till the skip. Otherwise we just give ourselves and our characters a fixed deadline which is just stressful. Basically I think instead of a irl deadline we just take a vote and agree when it would be a good time to start wrapping up for a time skip. That way characters won't be left in limbo while they wait for others to finish. A time limit makes us rush and stressful for peopel who have busy irl lives.

I dont think we need an absolute date, but there should be a certain time where we agree its just time to move on. If we don't set some sort of limit we're gonna have one in rp day take as long as it as now. I mean, we're only just now reaching the end of the second day after almost 3 weeks. Maybe just a sort of "hey we've been going on quite a while, maybe we should get ready for the timeskip in X days"

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
Maybe, Imo I think the smartest option is just for majority to agree when it would be a good time to start preparing for the time skip rather than an actual irl timer till the skip. Otherwise we just give ourselves and our characters a fixed deadline which is just stressful. Basically I think instead of a irl deadline we just take a vote and agree when it would be a good time to start wrapping up for a time skip. That way characters won't be left in limbo while they wait for others to finish. A time limit makes us rush and stressful for peopel who have busy irl lives.
yeah i do agree that its not fun if we’re all pressured to post. i still think we should have a goal on when to finish each day so that we can pace ourselves, though.

Hey so, has anyone else thought a bit about whether or not we should do like a “second year” or something? I’m asking bc I kinda had an idea for either an RP or a Written work about Dom going back to the Alola region over what would be the Summer between the events of the first year and the hypothetical second year (I don’t mean to pressure anyone into thinking a bit ahead, if you haven’t thought that far ahead dont worry, I just wanna make sure I’m not the only one, since I’ve been told before I have a tendency to think super far into the future when it comes to stories and rps)

Hey so, has anyone else thought a bit about whether or not we should do like a “second year” or something? I’m asking bc I kinda had an idea for either an RP or a Written work about Dom going back to the Alola region over what would be the Summer between the events of the first year and the hypothetical second year (I don’t mean to pressure anyone into thinking a bit ahead, if you haven’t thought that far ahead dont worry, I just wanna make sure I’m not the only one, since I’ve been told before I have a tendency to think super far into the future when it comes to stories and rps)
Yeah I like the idea of it, but it will definitely be a good ways away. Oh and if you do ever get that story writren, you have permission for Charlie to join in Dom's alolan trip lol. I'm joking, but if you do decide something like that you've git permission from me already.

I'll try to be a bit more active in the rp tomorrow since I believe we might be able to timeskip tommorow, pretty much everyone is ready to sleep or ina. Situation where the skip could happen at this point.