• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: Discussion of a New Age

Hello!

I apologise for my absence work has had me in a chokehold as has the current British weather (A heatwave in September? I'm livid) Addressing everything now!
I always have room for a second Roleplay, and just LOOK at all these cool powers! Can't possibly resist putting my idea out there.

Name: Nokia, Alexander
Role: Support Course Student (WAAY too many Hero Course Students)
Dislikes: In-The-Box thinking, Rudeness, Brashness
Appearance: So imagine your average dude; 5'10, somewhat skinny, pale. You get the idea. But now imagine that guy with a bright red Rotary Phone for a head. You have Nokia! He holds himself with an ease that escapes most people; most people NEVER see him tense, so he seems just a tad bit shorter than he actually is.
View attachment 947336
Personality: Nokia is a pretty decent guy. He is levelheaded and clever; he revels in the unexpected ideas that make each thing just a little bit better. Nokia isn't the type to make fun of people, and no matter their Quirk, he will treat everyone the same. A likable person all around, yet he could be a little less trusting. Treating everyone with a childish amount of trust eventually backfires for sure.
Bio/Backstory: Nokia had a pretty normal childhood considering he has a phone for a head. Sure, he got made fun of and his mother was significantly weakened giving birth to him, but he takes it on the chin. He enrolled at the Academy to make his Mother proud. Lives in New York but moved in with his Grandparents to enroll at the prestigious Academy.
Desired development: Nokia could certainly learn a few things, and obviously he will experience the normal growing pains of adolescence. But ultimately he'll come out the other side a better man. Or so one would hope.

Quirk name: Headphone
Quirk type: Mutant
Quirk description: His head is instead replaced with a giant phone and cord! With this head, he can tune into the electrical signals within devices and eavesdrop on conversations nearby people are having on their phones! By tuning into a device's frequencies, he can almost 'talk' with it to find out what he needs to do to get the device to do what he wants! The cord connecting the phone to the base is abnormally long for a phone; about 10 meters long and growing!
Growth: The cord attached to his head grows about 1 ft a year. He could learn how to better attune himself with devices, but otherwise it's not a Quirk that grows much more than that.
Other: In case you're interested, he speaks from the phone, sees through the dial, and eats by popping the dial back like a lid, depositing the food, and spinning the dial really hard.

The Soft Spoken Hero, Eyedrop
Name: Fujima, Hitomi
Role: Hero
Appearance:
generated image

Personality:
Full of life, the Soft Spoken Hero lets her actions speak for her. She goes out of her way to help those in need, even sacrificing her own comfort. Hitomi is fairly popular, but she doesn't care about that sort of thing. Modest and Bubbly.
Bio/Backstory: Hitomi grew up in the Japanese sticks with a large family. She moved from the city to pursue her dream of going to UA, and she became a hero! Popular with the younger demographic

Quirk name: Eyedrop
Quirk type: Emitter, maybe???
Quirk description: Anyone who makes eye contact with her for 5 seconds falls into a deep sleep with increased health benefits! No blinking, no glancing away, nothing!
(Rushed, might add more later)
Love both characters! A transfer student with a phone for a head- amazing! Both accepted!

Heads up @Martin Pine - I actually went ahead and changed up Kazuki. His personality and backstory remain identical, but his Quirk has changed to a more support-oriented one since I think his character works better in the Support Course. (totally not copying @Blotch'd )

Please do read up on the new Quirk when you get the chance, and see if you still find it suitable!
Understood! As much as I liked the original quirkI like this one even more! I love the name Mecha-mind and it's abilities, the support close will be happy to have him!

Accepted! Again? XD
Name: Kaede Himari
Role: Student
Likes: Not gaining weight from her overeating, trying new things
Dislikes: Having to constantly eat, being stared at while eating
Appearance:View attachment 947338
Personality: Himari is usually a calm and quiet girl, but can be quite volatile as well. One minute she is sitting down quietly in the corner of the room, the next she is holding the front of your shirt and threatening to pummel you.
Bio/Backstory: TBA
Desired development: TBA

Quirk name: Gluttonous Manifest
Quirk type: Transformation
Quirk description: This form of Manifest is only possible through the consumption of different meats. Depending on the animal it came from, Himari can change parts of her body to imitate different characteristics but not change completely. The change can be quite uncomfortable depending on what parts morph as Himari feels the entire process from start to finish. This quirk also comes with in an ungodly appetite as the body is repurposing resources to modify and grow existing structures as well as burning absurd amounts of calories while doing it. In other words, she can't grow extra limbs like a set of wings or an extra set of legs. As humans already have a tail bone, this is instead lengthened and modified according to the animal. So far, Himari can only manifest features belonging to vertebrate animals, and only one at a time. Not being a part of the body, clothing cannot be changed like it, so spandex is highly recommended along with either bare feet or flip-flops. Some parts of the animals' nature is also seen to manifest permanently.
Growth: With enough fuel and practice, will eventually be able to manifest multiple creatures' characteristics at the same time.

@Grand Master Koop I guess I wasn't completely truthful earlier. I meant I haven't seen the entire anime. I've really only just watched clips of it so I at least have some ideas to what's going on.
Accepted! I agree with the others as well in terms of having basic knowledge on the show so no complications happen but as long as you believe you have it under wraps it'll be okay!

I would still recommend getting a slightly better grasp on the plot and world. It'll help you out in terms of writing.

Im debating dropping a pro hero character with a quirk allowing them to manipulate wavelengths and frequencies - one of the abilities the quirk comes with allows them to do basically what headphone does. Thought this might be a cool concept if there's room for another teacher anywhere, they would be a great mentor for Nokia.
Always room for more teachers, especially a support class teacher if anyone is feeling up to the challenge!
Is this still open?
Yup it's still open though If my math is correct we have room for about 2 more kids in the hero course!

All right so that's everything that's come up addressed.

Still plan to have the post up by Saturday but it'll most likely be late in the night English time.

Name: Hachō, Nami A.K.A. Wavelength
Role: Pro Hero, Teacher
Likes: All types of music, festivals, beaches, manga, movies, fashion, science
Dislikes: Uptight folks, bitter drinks, offpitch singing, receiving bad press
Appearance: Standing at around 5'2" (157cm) and weighing in at 101lbs. (46kg), Nami Hachō is a pitch-haired young lady with grey-blue eyes and a pale complexion. Her expression is usually accompanied by heavy bags under her eyes from late nights spent reading manga or listening to newly discovered music. She typically dresses in a style that focuses more on comfort than anything else, her usual outfits consisting of tanktops and hoodies paired with shorts or sweats. Her costume for herowork reflects this being boots and stockings, a black skirt with hip/waist charms that get changed frequently, paired with a black, croptop-hoodie bearing a white swirl on the chest. To top off her 'uniform', she dawns a black mask with white swirls coming off either side.
Background: Nami Hachō has always been a laid back, 'go with the flow' type of girl who enjoys activities like reading manga as well as stylizing her outfits. Born to a civilian, stay-at-home mother and a hardworking, office-job father who were both more overbearing than they ever needed to be, in her youth Hachō was a bit rebellious and often got into trouble for minor things like cutting class and breaking her schools uniform code with her quirks ability to alter colors.
Enrolling in U.A. for high school, Nami originally found herself in the support course chasing dreams of being a top designer of hero costumes and support items, though she soon transfered to the hero course after realizing the potential of her quirk. Eventually graduating and joining up with an obscure hero agency under the name Wavelength to start off her career, she mainly became known for the frequent changes in color and accesories to her costume. Now taking on the task of being a teacher at her former school, she balances her time between being a pro hero, mentoring students, and maintaining her social life with appearances at festivals, concerts, and other events.

Quirk: Frequency Change
Type: Emitter
Description: The quirk bestowing the user with control over different types of waves. This includes variations of waves including but not limited to electromagnetic, longitudinal, transverse, sound, and with enough practice, seismic and gravitational.
Certain aspects of the quirk put the user under an extreme amount of stress, as the manipulation of waves requires intense concentration and energy output from the body. Only one type of wave can be controlled at a time, and each distinct type of wave is controlled in a different manner. Each type of wave also poses a unique risk to the user, i.e. gamma waves can cause radiation sickness if mishandled, mechanical waves can be accidentally absorbed into the body resulting in broken bones and dislodged organs, along with many other dangers being present.
If a wave requires a medium to travel, as is the case with mechanical waves, the quirkholder must make contact with the aforementioned medium in order to control the wave. If a wave does not need a medium, the range of Nami's control ends at approximately 100ft.
Some waves, like sound waves, require a point of origin. Waves must already exist in order to be controlled by the quirk and cannot be created by the effects of the quirk alone. However, things such as vibrations, tapping, speaking, or other means of creating waves can be used to make and then intensify the new waves.
Waves cannot be converted or changed between types by the quirk.

Abilities:
Mechanical Wave Altering - Transverse, longitudinal, or other waves inside a solid, liquid, or gas medium can be altered to be intensified or weakened as long as contact is made with the waves medium. This can be used to intensify microwaves and xrays, stop or create small tremors, collapse buildings, redirect radiation, and other useful things.

Water Manipulation - Not quite to the extent of waterbending or hydrokenisis, the quirk allows existing waves within water (and other liquids) to be manipulated. For example, a tiny ripple can be intensified into a great wave and vice versa as long as contact with the waters surface is maintained.

Light Bending - By bending the waves and frequencies, light within 100ft. can be manipulated into reflections, refractions, diffractions, polarizations, or even be absorbed. This serves merely as a sort of parlor-trick-style illusion, though they are quite complex and convincing.

Radio Tapping - By picking up on waves in the air, Nami can tune into radio broadcasts, walkie-talkies, television networks, and other methods of broadcasting. They are currently only able to listen in, however in the future they may develop the ability to actively communicate using this ability.

Sound Manipulation - Existing sounds can be manipulated when funneled through Nami's cupped hands. Sound waves can be dampened, raised, or altered as long as the soundwaves pass through Nami's hands and remain unchanged until doing so.

Gravitational Alteration - By changing the flow of gravitational waves, the immediate gravity on an object or being can be intensified or changed. The direction of gravity can be changed as well as the strength of the gravitational pull, though only to a certain extent relative to the targets mass. The larger the subject, the stronger the gravity can be made and vice versa.
Her persona is kinda like a mixture of Midnight and Pop-Step from the Vigilante's manga if anyones read that. She can teach the support course but I'd prefer her to teach what Midnight did, Modern Hero Arts. If nobody steps up for the support peeps though, I got yall<3

Attachments

• RDT_20230907_072451437248304329781498.jpg
    RDT_20230907_072451437248304329781498.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 75
Hello again all!

Hectic weekend, was writing the post on Friday night when I passed out. After that work had me in on Saturday and Sunday whilst I got hit with a substantial writers block. It may be a little while before the starting post comes up but I'm adding to it little by little every chance I get!
Super excited for it! Rather you take your time and post something quality as opposed to rush out something mediocre.
How much gore and graphic violence can fight scenes and villainous acts contain? I usually like to write Kiira as a brutal and disturbing villain if that's allowed. Obviously within reason to not violate ToS or traumatize any young ones via fanfic

Super excited for it! Rather you take your time and post something quality as opposed to rush out something mediocre.
How much gore and graphic violence can fight scenes and villainous acts contain? I usually like to write Kiira as a brutal and disturbing villain if that's allowed. Obviously within reason to not violate ToS or traumatize any young ones via fanfic
Good point here, I was just making a Progress Check to see where it was coming along, as I have to write out a funeral In my intro post.

Name: Hachō, Nami A.K.A. Wavelength
Role: Pro Hero, Teacher
Likes: All types of music, festivals, beaches, manga, movies, fashion, science
Dislikes: Uptight folks, bitter drinks, offpitch singing, receiving bad press
Appearance: Standing at around 5'2" (157cm) and weighing in at 101lbs. (46kg), Nami Hachō is a pitch-haired young lady with grey-blue eyes and a pale complexion. Her expression is usually accompanied by heavy bags under her eyes from late nights spent reading manga or listening to newly discovered music. She typically dresses in a style that focuses more on comfort than anything else, her usual outfits consisting of tanktops and hoodies paired with shorts or sweats. Her costume for herowork reflects this being boots and stockings, a black skirt with hip/waist charms that get changed frequently, paired with a black, croptop-hoodie bearing a white swirl on the chest. To top off her 'uniform', she dawns a black mask with white swirls coming off either side.
Background: Nami Hachō has always been a laid back, 'go with the flow' type of girl who enjoys activities like reading manga as well as stylizing her outfits. Born to a civilian, stay-at-home mother and a hardworking, office-job father who were both more overbearing than they ever needed to be, in her youth Hachō was a bit rebellious and often got into trouble for minor things like cutting class and breaking her schools uniform code with her quirks ability to alter colors.
Enrolling in U.A. for high school, Nami originally found herself in the support course chasing dreams of being a top designer of hero costumes and support items, though she soon transfered to the hero course after realizing the potential of her quirk. Eventually graduating and joining up with an obscure hero agency under the name Wavelength to start off her career, she mainly became known for the frequent changes in color and accesories to her costume. Now taking on the task of being a teacher at her former school, she balances her time between being a pro hero, mentoring students, and maintaining her social life with appearances at festivals, concerts, and other events.

Quirk: Frequency Change
Type: Emitter
Description: The quirk bestowing the user with control over different types of waves. This includes variations of waves including but not limited to electromagnetic, longitudinal, transverse, sound, and with enough practice, seismic and gravitational.
Certain aspects of the quirk put the user under an extreme amount of stress, as the manipulation of waves requires intense concentration and energy output from the body. Only one type of wave can be controlled at a time, and each distinct type of wave is controlled in a different manner. Each type of wave also poses a unique risk to the user, i.e. gamma waves can cause radiation sickness if mishandled, mechanical waves can be accidentally absorbed into the body resulting in broken bones and dislodged organs, along with many other dangers being present.
If a wave requires a medium to travel, as is the case with mechanical waves, the quirkholder must make contact with the aforementioned medium in order to control the wave. If a wave does not need a medium, the range of Nami's control ends at approximately 100ft.
Some waves, like sound waves, require a point of origin. Waves must already exist in order to be controlled by the quirk and cannot be created by the effects of the quirk alone. However, things such as vibrations, tapping, speaking, or other means of creating waves can be used to make and then intensify the new waves.
Waves cannot be converted or changed between types by the quirk.

Abilities:
Mechanical Wave Altering - Transverse, longitudinal, or other waves inside a solid, liquid, or gas medium can be altered to be intensified or weakened as long as contact is made with the waves medium. This can be used to intensify microwaves and xrays, stop or create small tremors, collapse buildings, redirect radiation, and other useful things.

Water Manipulation - Not quite to the extent of waterbending or hydrokenisis, the quirk allows existing waves within water (and other liquids) to be manipulated. For example, a tiny ripple can be intensified into a great wave and vice versa as long as contact with the waters surface is maintained.

Light Bending - By bending the waves and frequencies, light within 100ft. can be manipulated into reflections, refractions, diffractions, polarizations, or even be absorbed. This serves merely as a sort of parlor-trick-style illusion, though they are quite complex and convincing.

Radio Tapping - By picking up on waves in the air, Nami can tune into radio broadcasts, walkie-talkies, television networks, and other methods of broadcasting. They are currently only able to listen in, however in the future they may develop the ability to actively communicate using this ability.

Sound Manipulation - Existing sounds can be manipulated when funneled through Nami's cupped hands. Sound waves can be dampened, raised, or altered as long as the soundwaves pass through Nami's hands and remain unchanged until doing so.

Gravitational Alteration - By changing the flow of gravitational waves, the immediate gravity on an object or being can be intensified or changed. The direction of gravity can be changed as well as the strength of the gravitational pull, though only to a certain extent relative to the targets mass. The larger the subject, the stronger the gravity can be made and vice versa.
Her persona is kinda like a mixture of Midnight and Pop-Step from the Vigilante's manga if anyones read that. She can teach the support course but I'd prefer her to teach what Midnight did, Modern Hero Arts. If nobody steps up for the support peeps though, I got yall<3
I’m so sorry I missed you in my last post. Wonderful character with such a versatile quirk! The support course is all yours if you wish for it!

Thank you all for the patience and support!

In terms of the graphic limit question. As long as we keep within Pokecharms ToS I’m fairly happy with whatever. Any grievous injuries made to other writers though should be discussed beforehand though, cutting off an arm or something like that should be requested before performed xD.

Google lol It's definitely someone else's art Im borrowing bc the face claim fits the character. I take 0 credit and if it happens to be yours or someone you knows, feel free to dm me proof if you'd/they'd rather I not use it. :)
No, No, I thought it was a char. Maker and I wanted to make one since it fit the art style of the series.

Anyway, anybody interacting with Nokia is in for a pretty decent conversation. Not a fumbler, not generally antisocial or anything. Just a guy.

I’m so sorry I missed you in my last post. Wonderful character with such a versatile quirk! The support course is all yours if you wish for it!

Thank you all for the patience and support!

In terms of the graphic limit question. As long as we keep within Pokecharms ToS I’m fairly happy with whatever. Any grievous injuries made to other writers though should be discussed beforehand though, cutting off an arm or something like that should be requested before performed xD.
Wavelength shall be teaching the support course then! Beware to support students, she's gonna push you to your limits >:3

As for Kiira she is gonna be quite the violent one. She craycray.

No, No, I thought it was a char. Maker and I wanted to make one since it fit the art style of the series.

Anyway, anybody interacting with Nokia is in for a pretty decent conversation. Not a fumbler, not generally antisocial or anything. Just a guy.
I imagine Nokia looking similar to Manga from 1-B in the main series, but with a phone for a head lol

Wavelength shall be teaching the support course then! Beware to support students, she's gonna push you to your limits >:3

As for Kiira she is gonna be quite the violent one. She craycray.

I imagine Nokia looking similar to Manga from 1-B in the main series, but with a phone for a head lol
AI Phone Guy Voice Generator | Voicify AI Cover Generator
Phone guy on Pinterest

YES. GUESS WHO WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR HIM???
A mix of Mange and Phone Guy, actually, but that's by-the-by

I imagine Wavelength is gonna work Nokia to the bone because of how similar their powers are

View attachment 947345
Phone guy on Pinterest

YES. GUESS WHO WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR HIM???
A mix of Mange and Phone Guy, actually, but that's by-the-by

I imagine Wavelength is gonna work Nokia to the bone because of how similar their powers are
She can't communicate both ways yet though, so perhaps mentoring him will be helpful to her as well. In helping him, she may just figure out how to extend her own quirks utility. Imo a great growth arc, and she will absolutely be showing some special interest there.

The thread is up! Sorry for the delay and small start. Feel free to post introductions of heroes of villains outside of the school plot but they should be stand alone things just establishing them in the world before the plots for them begin.

I'll have a villain plan by the end of the week, will work on a post for that throughout the week and have it up as soon as. Once again the plan is to meet in a shady diner, have the villainous characters interact and share ideals as Chrome shares his plans and view on the world and stuff. I'm finding it difficult to truly explain right now (Brain's a little sparked out which is bad given my two approaching classes) but I think it'll come naturally too us.

Anyways some clarification on the post.

You can have your students already in the classroom, arriving like Roteki or travelling to it like Jouji (Who is moving incredibly fast so if someone wants to write him bumping into them feel free). Also do feel free to include some background/history in the post!

I'm glad to finally have the thread underway, thank you for your patience and enjoy!!

Alright so slight setting conflict I’ve noticed. Three support course students are in a class whilst the teacher is in another.

Pretty easy fix, we just say the wrong class was put on the time table- common mishaps, perfectly fine. Perhaps Hachō hears the students in the class room next door and redirects them to hers where they should be xD

Other than that the writing is amazing, loving seeing all the characters in action!