• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: Discussion of a New Age

Alright so slight setting conflict I’ve noticed. Three support course students are in a class whilst the teacher is in another.

Pretty easy fix, we just say the wrong class was put on the time table- common mishaps, perfectly fine. Perhaps Hachō hears the students in the class room next door and redirects them to hers where they should be xD

Other than that the writing is amazing, loving seeing all the characters in action!
I would only assume the support course would be in a separate class, as that's how it is in the manga and show~ I'll write up a post tonight for Hachō to pop over, and I'll include some Kai stuff to hopefully spur some interaction for him - lord knows the shutin needs it.

I would only assume the support course would be in a separate class, as that's how it is in the manga and show~ I'll write up a post tonight for Hachō to pop over, and I'll include some Kai stuff to hopefully spur some interaction for him - lord knows the shutin needs it.
Definitely same! I’m fairly sure the support course students aren’t with the hero course ones so we’ll just say they’re in the old classroom that’s soon to be renovated or something.

Definitely same! I’m fairly sure the support course students aren’t with the hero course ones so we’ll just say they’re in the old classroom that’s soon to be renovated or something.
Could always say the workshop wasn't prepped in time for the school year so the information the students were given was to go to the classroom they're in. Their trusty teach just put in some extra work last minute and tidied up so they could have their space ready on day one! :D Easy fix for the plot discrepancy

very sorry i haven't posted yet, still too much to do for school so I haven't been able to write anything for a long-ish time
School is indeed hell. Although I plan on making it up to Year 12, I doubt I won't drop out in Year 10 (Australia's school system may be different to where you're from, if you aren't from a place with similar education systems)
And I have only been able to make 1 post due to a) writers block, b) somehow higher imagination with other stuff and c) lack of motivation due t- do I even have to explain the third one?

Sooo things were a bit confusing regarding the location of each of the support students no matter how hard I re read each post, so I'm hoping I got things right. To my knowledge there should now be two that remain unheard from simply bc their writers haven't posted yet and then everyone should be accounted for and know where to go.

Anyone who got their aura read by Kai, or even if you didnt, feel free to notice that happening to your character via chills, anxiety, etcm

Sooo things were a bit confusing regarding the location of each of the support students no matter how hard I re read each post, so I'm hoping I got things right. To my knowledge there should now be two that remain unheard from simply bc their writers haven't posted yet and then everyone should be accounted for and know where to go.

Anyone who got their aura read by Kai, or even if you didnt, feel free to notice that happening to your character via chills, anxiety, etcm
Yup, you tied the two groups together wonderfully!!

Went ahead and made my own list of all the characters in this thread so far and some nicknames to help me keep track of everyone. Here it is!
Support Course
Kyosu, Maboroshi (Not a TV)
Satoshi, Morine (Camerabrain)
Senjiro, Tsuki (copy + paste)
Shinsuke, Hisakawa (My eyes can see)
Nokia, Alexander (Ring ring, its ur mom)
Kurogane, Kazuki (Basically Generator Rex)

Hero Course
Roteki, Kyo (Spongebob)
Jouji, Jiren (Bug-eyes)
Takeru, Tarada (Budget Beastboy)
Ryoma, Kawahara (Fire boy - water girl)
Sakaguchi, Koichi (Gengar fr)
Medashi, Kai (Edgier Lucario)
Isalyne, Melusine (Issa hydra)
Fujita, Rei (Solar powered battery)
Hyōketsu, Tsukōri (Elsa, but more trauma)
Yukage, Izumi (Invisi-gal)
Hijima, Tetsuo (Iron Giant)
Omoshiroi, Hone (Skeletor)
Yamada, Kisuni (Phantom smoocher/Kirby)
Tatsuya, Yuki (Is that a dragon?)
Inazuma, Akira (Speedee Gonzales)
Katar, Rahm (Berserk Lore)
Himari, Kaede (Eats-a-lot)

Teachers
Akihiko, Takeuchi AKA Booster Pack (Homeroom)
Hachō, Nami AKA Wavelength (Support)
Wu, Yu AKA The Elastic Fist (???)

Heroes
Toyama, Tetsuyuki (Gargoyle)
Matsuda, Koji (Smite)
Gekido, Hijima (Rampage)
Ayame, Fujiwara (Eye Scopes)
Fujita, Hitomi (Eyedrop)

Villains
Chrome (Chrome Control)
Hyōketsu, Tōshō (Cold Steel)
Hyokai, Genzo (Terror)
Hanī, Kiira (Killer Bee)

Let me know if I missed anyone or have anything wrong in terms of who's teaching what, names, etc. Hopefully this is helpful to others too!
Definitely inspired by @Martin Pine doing their lists previously so shoutout them.

Last edited:
Went ahead and made my own list of all the characters in this thread so far and some nicknames to help me keep track of everyone. Here it is!
Support Course

Hero Course
Roteki, Kyo (Spongebob)
Jouji, Jiren (Bug-eyes)

Teachers

Heroes
Matsuda, Koji (Smite)
Gekido, Hijima (Rampage)
Fujita, Hitomi (Eyedrop)

Villains
Chrome (Chrome Control)
Hyokai, Genzo (Terror)
Hanī, Kiira (Killer Bee)

Let me know if I missed anyone or have anything wrong in terms of who's teaching what, names, etc. Hopefully this is helpful to others too!
Definitely inspired by @Martin Pine doing their lists previously so shoutout them.
Thank you so much for that list, I love the colourisation on it and the nicknames too XD

There'll be a little bit of radio silence from me today and unfortunately on Sunday. I just got off work but have to go out for a long overdue meeting with some friends and then I'm at work all day Sunday. Will try get something out tonight when I get back and also on Sunday if I can. If the flow is threatened by my absence I'm happy for my characters to be NPC'd momentarily up until the point I suppose everyone is in the Class 1a classroom where I will need to write the teacher. Hopefully that happens Sunday.

Loving the writing so far, the characters and interactions. xD

See you all tonight hopefully?

Support Course

Hero Course
Roteki, Kyo (Spongebob)
Jouji, Jiren (Bug-eyes)

Teachers

Heroes
Matsuda, Koji (Smite)
Gekido, Hijima (Rampage)
Fujita, Hitomi (Eyedrop)

Villains
Chrome (Chrome Control)
Hyokai, Genzo (Terror)
Hanī, Kiira (Killer Bee)

Wait someone else used the Fujita surname? Crap XD

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
@DevVoid Erm ackshully IN ALL FAIRNESS I believe department would be the correct term to use to describe an area of a school devoted to a specific subject.

As to whether the comeback was subpar or not is subjective, except I lied because it was objectively an absolute ZINGER.
Uh.. Cool beans..? I'm not sure why you're telling me this because the entire reason I wrote that segment was because I thought it would be funny and fitting. I mean considering, y'know.. Hone couldn't have gotten the best education, nor does he have the best attitude to deal with people, especially given his love of sarcasm and lack of kindness? I'm not the walking, talking skeleton who got a recommendation letter into Japan's most famous hero school after all, I'm just the guy writing the character, lol.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Uh.. Cool beans..? I'm not sure why you're telling me this because the entire reason I wrote that segment was because I thought it would be funny and fitting. I mean considering, y'know.. Hone couldn't have gotten the best education, nor does he have the best attitude to deal with people, especially given his love of sarcasm and lack of kindness? I'm not the walking, talking skeleton who got a recommendation letter into Japan's most famous hero school after all, I'm just the guy writing the character, lol.
Chalk this one up to misunderstanding on my behalf? I can’t say all of that sprang to my mind in the moment so I just assumed there was another misunderstanding there, so yeah my bad dude, thanks for clearing up.

I don't think anyone has elaborated on what the support course entrance exam, so I hope you guys don't mind coming up with something
I can have Hachō mention some details? I'm thinking it would be something along the lines of a series of academics tests, providing a small hero item or gadget they built (all parts and blueprints supplied by the entrance examiners), and maybe a practical ethics exam? Yknow, a test to see if they'd be willing to build things for villains, risk management stuff.
Maybe an undercover hero or someone went around asking enrollees if they'd be interested in making some money on the side, shady stuff, if they agreed they got booted. Obviously all the ones who are in the class passed or simply weren't selected to be asked.

I had actually something similar in mind, minus the ethical test. An academic exam and then a practical test, though I had imagined it to be more free form. Hold on, let me go get what I had written about it as of now

A written exam as the theoretical part, and then a couple of assignments that were more in line with their course. They were assigned a hero who they had to just think up some sort of gear for that could aid them in some way. The method of completing the task was free form. You could write up your thoughts, draw up schematics, or even make a proto-type if you were ambitious. In the criteria listed, that particular assignment was to test creativity, problem solving and time management. It wasn't really too pertinent if it would work in practice, as long as it did in concept and wasn't overly ridiculous.

I had actually something similar in mind, minus the ethical test. An academic exam and then a practical test, though I had imagined it to be more free form. Hold on, let me go get what I had written about it as of now

A written exam as the theoretical part, and then a couple of assignments that were more in line with their course. They were assigned a hero who they had to just think up some sort of gear for that could aid them in some way. The method of completing the task was free form. You could write up your thoughts, draw up schematics, or even make a proto-type if you were ambitious. In the criteria listed, that particular assignment was to test creativity, problem solving and time management. It wasn't really too pertinent if it would work in practice, as long as it did in concept and wasn't overly ridiculous.
I like this. Perhaps mesh our ideas? Intelligence exam, practical test that you came up with, and the ethics test and that was the criteria for being admitted to the course. That is, if everyone else agrees.

I'm fine with, I'll add the ethical bit to my post and then post it probably and edit if there's any changes to the mentioned test for the support students
Good post, just waiting on the last two support students to make their posts so everyone is officially together in the workshop and then the first day of class will officially begin with introductions and such!

Also on a side note, in one of Satoshi's posts while in the classroom they mention a pair of metal doors that I assume they were implying leads to the workshop; to remedy this possible plothole we can say the proper workshop entrance is the sliding metal door nextdoor but it extends back far enough to have a secondary entrance in the classroom? Would love to hear thoughts from the support folks.

...to remedy this possible plothole we can say the proper workshop entrance is the sliding metal door nextdoor but it extends back far enough to have a secondary entrance in the classroom?
That works- I think it'd make sense for there to be a shortcut between the classroom and workshop for when they need to bounce between the two easily, like going through the theory of a topic in the classroom and then doing the practical in the workshop.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Some of you may recognize this guy from before (though at that point he was much older than he is now). I think the spoiler's name (as well as the family name) do give it away pretty clear, though.

Name: Shimizu Shonin

Role: Support Class Student

Dislikes: Having nothing to do, creative droughts, being injured/sick.

Appearance: Shonin is about 5'2", surprisingly small for someone who's already managed to grow a fair few beard follicles out of his chin and cheeks. Hell, if he grew any more, you could almost confuse him for a genuine dwarf! Just don't let him hear you say that though, or else expect a smack over the head with a wrench, a hammer.. or any kind of tool that's nearby, really. He typically tends to dress formally outside of physical work and, while in the workshop, tends to wear a large set of goggles and protective gear like anyone else.. not that it helps much to prevent debris from dirtying his clothing. Point of reference for his appearance is below.

download20230900171144.png

(Source)

Personality: If one were to look up the definition of 'madman' and 'workaholic', Shonin would be the top result. He's crazy enthusiastic and eccentric about getting physical in any kind of workshop, with any kind of tool and any kind of material, with extra emphasis on the 'crazy' part. One could easily mistake his love for handiwork as someone just having let an insane person run wild in a workshop and try to invent whatever his maddened mind can think of when really.. it's exactly like that. But hey, at least his inventions are useful! ..when they work, that is!

Bio/Backstory: Even as a child, Shonin has ever felt the attraction towards making his own creations, first resulting in him building increasingly more intricate sandcastles, to then making them completely otherworldy with how bizarre and strange his designs kept becoming. It was when he discovered his quirk that he knew why he had such a love for creating things, and why he was so talented at it, too - for one day, when he was done making a bearenstein (a teddy made from patched parts of old, torn bears with four arms like a bug and four legs, one pair sewn to the bottom of the other) when it started moving in his hand and begun acting strange, as if it were alive when all he had done was breathe on its eyes to give them that little bit of polished shine!

Desired Development: I want to take him in a different direction than Hone. While Shonin won't be the complete asocial jerk that Omoshi is, he won't exactly be the most pleasant to talk to either, thanks to his consistent mad ramblings and mutters of speaking his thoughts aloud. So while he won't become a hero, he'll certainly still have much development to do.. such as not being such a weirdo and acting all crazy all-day, everyday.

Quirk Name (Type): Animation (Emitter)

Quirk Description: Shimizu is capable of breathing his own energy into his creations, which grants them life and makes them sentient and self-aware, as if they were their own individual. Depending on the complexity of the object, it may also grow the ability to communicate directly others, either through body language or actual language.

Quirk Pros and Cons:
+ Can animate inanimate objects, as if granting them life
- Complexity and design of the object differentiate its degree of sentience and speech capabilities.
- Animated objects differ from each other by gaining special properties based on their actual properties, functions, etc.

- Costs energy to use, with bigger designs costing proportionately more stamina to animate.
- Can only animate Shimizu's own projects and creations so far.
-/+ Some objects may end up being clingy to Shonin, like a dog, disallowing him from giving/selling them to others.

Growth: His potential awakening could involve breaking the barrier that ties his animations to his own creations, instead allowing him to breathe life into just about anything inanimate, opening up many more opportunities for his quirk's potential to flourish.

Last edited:
Making a post today for support course, gonna sorta NPC your support character (@Martin Pine) into the room so class can get underway if that's alright, unless you get a post out before me. Either way it shouldn't make much of a difference as Hachō is just going to be doing introductions, explaining the curriculum, things like that.

EDIT: Post for Nami is up, support course has things to do now.

Last edited:
I was not expecting Senjiro to be made a Good Example of.
He just happened to be a step ahead. Better hope that bench is where he wants to be seated!

Also, for reference, there are three on each side of the room totaling six. One is taken by Senjiro leaving three on one side, two on the other. I'm guessing Senjiro took one on the end since he's shy and being in the middle would mean people on both sides, or maybe he picked the middle on purpose to work on his shyness? Your pick.

Another thing for the supports, I took it upon myself to make the pairings for the assignment using a wheel spin lotto to keep it truly random. I thought that might give some unlikely pairings a chance to bond! Plus I thought it would be easier than having a whole discussion here about who pair's with who. If anyone objects I'm open to hear it.

Hi there all!

The weekend has been a lengthy one and I was not able to get stuff done on Sunday. In all honestly I've only had the chance to skim read both the main thread and the discussion but I'm back at home after a short shift today and will get on replying and writing!

It seems as though things have went swimmingly in my absence though! A few hiccups but they were all sorted out by ya'll so props too ya! Cleaning hamsters and showering then reading and replying.

Had an idea for a villain. Bit of a court jester, may be able to help with villain recruitment for the big boss guy? Or not.
Name: Oka, Etsu (Villain Codename: Le Mat)
Role: Villain
Likes: Riddles, Like-Minded People, Rambling, Cryptic messages and warnings. Chrome
Dislikes: Heroes, Restriction, Humanity
Appearance: 4'9 ft, 94 lbs
generated image

Personality: Oka is a cryptic sort. Most everything he says is in mocking riddles and tongues, and what he says seriously would be terrible to disregard. That being said, he is incredibly loyal to his savior; Chrome. Oka is a completely different person around him, taking on the behavior of a dog; eager, loyal, and innocent. Almost like a regular person.
And his outlook is that most humans in general are scum, and Oka honestly doesn't care whether anyone lives or dies. He thinks what he's doing is simply fun to lighten his life. To him, the world burning is a wonderful image of glee.
Bio/Backstory: An orphan who was left to rot on the streets. Was he going to sit down and take it? No! He grew up on his own, taking nothing from nobody until he became a left-hand for a greater man. Oka feels a deep sense of loyalty towards Chrome and would never abandon him.

Quirk name: Orbit
Quirk type: Emitter
Quirk description: He has a unique center of gravity that he can control like a limb! He picks up heavy objects with ease that escapes most people and throws them around! He can't lift anything larger than a fridge. He can lift himself, too, but he can't move himself like he can objects.
Specifically, he can throw himself but he can't make himself fly. With physical training, Oka is able to orbit objects as heavy as he can carry as well as anything smaller than a fridge.
Oka can also move the center of his orbit. The orbit itself affects all objects within 35 feet of the center, which he can only move within 10 feet from himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an idea for a villain. Bit of a court jester, may be able to help with villain recruitment for the big boss guy? Or not.
Name: Oka, Etsu
Role: Villain
Likes: Riddles, Confusing People, Rambling, Cryptic messages and warnings
Dislikes: Heroes, Restriction
Appearance:
generated image

Personality: Oka is a cryptic sort. Most everything he says is in mocking riddles and tongues, and what he says seriously would be terrible to disregard. That being said, he is incredibly loyal to those who give him a certain amount of freedom when they hire him.
Bio/Backstory: An orphan who was left to rot on the streets. Was he going to sit down and take it? No! He grew up on his own, taking nothing from nobody until he became a left-hand for a greater man.
Desired development: This is all rushed, I'm gonna finish this later

Quirk name: Orbit
Quirk type: Emitter?
Quirk description: He has a unique center of gravity that he can control like a limb! He can pick up heavy objects with ease that escapes most people and throws them around! He can't lift anything heavier than a fridge.
Growth: rushed, will finish later

I like the villain idea, our little ragtag group is growing and I promise there'll be something soon for them.

On the google slides I'm gonna be making a slide where it will essentially be the hero course seating plan. Everyone will be able to edit so if ya could plonk where your characters are when that's up with their names in the circle (Maybe shortened to initials) That'll be a good reference to have along with the bios all being in one place.

I'm thinking of setting up a discord for a more easier place to discuss and plot and manage resources, don't exactly want to post a link to an editable google slides on the forum so discord will be up sometime this week for people that want to join.

Sorry for how long it's taken for me to reply, I had a suggestion of a friend to perhaps have someone that would essentially act like a mod? A co-host I suppose is a good answer, just to help out on the thread so if anyone fancies doing that it'd be welcomed but no pressure and no worries if there's no candidates. I'm going to sleep now, will be active tomorrow after class!

I like the villain idea, our little ragtag group is growing and I promise there'll be something soon for them.

On the google slides I'm gonna be making a slide where it will essentially be the hero course seating plan. Everyone will be able to edit so if ya could plonk where your characters are when that's up with their names in the circle (Maybe shortened to initials) That'll be a good reference to have along with the bios all being in one place.

I'm thinking of setting up a discord for a more easier place to discuss and plot and manage resources, don't exactly want to post a link to an editable google slides on the forum so discord will be up sometime this week for people that want to join.

Sorry for how long it's taken for me to reply, I had a suggestion of a friend to perhaps have someone that would essentially act like a mod? A co-host I suppose is a good answer, just to help out on the thread so if anyone fancies doing that it'd be welcomed but no pressure and no worries if there's no candidates. I'm going to sleep now, will be active tomorrow after class!
I'll be sure to join! All those resources readily available will make writing so much easier

@Jayblade planning on getting a post out soon for Ryoma? I don't want to come off as rushy, that isn't my intent, I totally understand being busy and stuff! Just asking out of anxious curiosity because I'd love to continue writing Kai but I don't want to abandon or sidebar our interaction :)