• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join ~My Class 1A - The Next Generation (MHA Rp)~

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
The moment the second buzzer rung out, Inanis now faced where he saw the robot ran off while he went to make his entrance and crouched down. With one leap, he had jumped into the air and straightened himself out as he started a repelling vortex from both his feet, pushing himself through the air like a bullet shot from a rifle, giving chase. That was, until he could feel something wrap around his leg. Without even getting as much as a moment as to see what was stopping him, the Cosmic Prince was pulled with might aplenty and slammed into the ground by one long, fleshy limb!

With dust clouds kicking up and debris being flung everywhere, Inanis got his bearings and looked on to his attacker. Of course, the teachers were gonna try to stop them. And out of all those who he could run into, he ran into Nikudzuki Yuzo. Or as others know him by his hero name.. the Siamese Soldier.

His fleshy tendril reformed itself behind him into a sort of humanoid figure, taking on the shape of its owner. Together, the two took up a fighting stance, ready to hold off Inanis until he'd be too exhausted to continue. This.. was gonna be a tricky situation to solve, to say the least. Not only did he have to get the robot first, but now he was stuck in a 2v1 against a professional.

Caleb hurled himself forward after the robot, kicking off walls almost as soon as he landed. He was determined not to lose sight of the robot. Something that fast and maneuverable would be a terrific pain to catch. He thought he was gaining on it, until he saw Inanis in his peripherals fighting two identical opponents. He recognized instructor Nikudzuki. Caleb's mind raced as only the human mind under duress can. One part of him wanted to help a friend, the other to keep going.

"If I help, the robot will get out of sight and I'll never find it!"
"But if I help him out, he can help me look, dude can fly after all."
"The objective is to catch the robot. You can do that yourself and -"

The part of him that wanted to leave the formerly greyscale student out to dry never got to finish as he'd already turned around. Two jumps got him back in line of sight of Inanis and the instructor, and one more sent him cannoning into his teacher. Or it would have had the fleshy clone not interposed itself. The thing was surprisingly tough, and his fist didn't get the feedback normally received from someone with a skeleton. The blow was good, but the tough clone extension allowed Nikudzuki to stay on his feet rather than be floored. The instructor took a few light steps back and shifted his unique dual stance to face both opponents.

"Let's take him together." Caleb growled before rushing in again, fists flying.

DevVoid

Just when he thought he was outmatched and outnumbered, a classmate of his joined the fray, his one specifically. Caleb Anderson. For the life of him, Inanis could not remember the guy's quirk, but he appreciated the help he offered regardless. So, with his confidence now re-newed, Inanis proceeded to fly forward for a charge punch - before promptly being slapped away by a giant meaty hand in comical fashion, landing right back where he started. Of course, this wouldn't stop him, as he'd keep trying to catch the instructor and his fleshy quirk off-guard, seemingly failing at every attempt but never giving in.

Last edited:
Caleb attacked in tandem with Inanis. The numerical odds were even on paper, but Caleb quickly found out that the teacher's fleshy double was far stronger than his more normal looking body. He waited for that half to strike out at Inanis, then delivered a powerful backhand to the "normal" half, knocking both flying. As much as his instinct told him to push forward and finish his opponent, he knew this was a distraction. The objective was still out there, and getting more distant by the second.
"Let's go!" He hauled Inanis to his feet and leaped off with a grunt of feral effort. He hoped his classmates were having better luck than him.
@DevVoid @Void_Nugget @=Nightshade= @Schrift

DevVoid

As Caleb knocked the instructor and his fleshy quirk flying, Inanis quickly zoomed behind them and sent out a vacuum from his back, absorbing the instructor first and then slurping up the meat construct up into his back like spaghetti. He figured the two wouldn't mind lending their power to him for a while - after all, they were all doing this so the class could end up becoming proper heroes, right?

With the Siamese Soldier absorbed, the effects would quickly show itself as a second, fleshy clone of Inanis grew out from his back - strangely enough, it was made out of lavender-purple flesh as opposed to the typical redness one would expect that blood would be. In tandem with this, the mass would form into a giant hand and reach out to Caleb in an attempt to grab him, so the two- three? -could fly out and find the robot together via Inanis' repelling stream.

" Let's go! We'll find that darn robot together! "

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Dakarai wished she had some way to keep tabs on the robot as it continued to head away, but right now her main goal was to get this teacher to lay off. The fewer obstacles in the way, the better, and maybe another student would finish up their current fight soon— in which case it would be better to weaken or defeat Sunbeam here so they hit fewer roadblocks. Plus, Dakarai could always toss out a quick direction to anyone who passed by in the direction she’d last seen the spideresque automaton.

All these thoughts whirled semicoherently through her mind as more lasers fired. She was getting better at predicting their trajectory, but she still had at least a hundred feet to go before she was in range. Considering using her quirk would only ever make her a bigger target, Dakarai was keeping the bare minimum of sensory organs to assist in her evasive maneuvers and saving her energy for a big attack once she was close enough.

The lasers’ pattern changed again, suddenly becoming rapid-fire rather than long, extended shots. Dakarai supposed it was to be expected; now that she was closer, the ridiculously long-range shots were no longer necessary. And these were far more difficult to dodge, as she quickly found out, one white-hot beam piercing through her ankle, another clipping her bicep. She let out a string of curses and rolled sideways to avoid another barrage.

It wasn’t too far now.

Caleb hurtled through the air, adrenaline-gorged senses frantically searching for the strange robot. A metallic flash caught his eye and he clamped his hands into a building in time to halt his movement. Sure enough, the robot was there. "THERE IT IS!" He roared with a voice like thunder for Inanis, or any other classmate that may be nearby. As he got halfway there, the robot twitched, perhaps recognizing his presence, and it turned and began to flee. The thing was very fast indeed, and Caleb would have trouble catching it on his own. He would need to work with his classmates to catch it.

He slammed through a concrete wall like an out of control locomotive. He braced himself to jump, hoping his classmates would get there soon, a rather lucid thought considering he was wrestling with his temper at the moment.
@=Nightshade= @Void_Nugget @Cryronn the Mudkip @Schrift

DevVoid

Despite Caleb going off on his own and not taking up on Inanis' offer to go together, Inanis really didn't mind it as he used the instructor's quirk to grow himself a series of black and purple limbs to tag along while Caleb went on ahead. It probably was faster this way anyway - they both had their own methods of moving and sticking with him would probably just slow his teammate down, or so Inanis had thought.

At his roaring voice of a signal, Inanis formed the tendrils he used to quickly turn corners to gather on his arm in the shape of a giant hand, now trying to reach the robot before it could get away by expelling a repelling wave out of his legs, trying to propel himself faster than the machine could escape and finally get his hands- er, giant hand on it.

Caleb saw Inanis was close, very close. But he couldn't be sure it would be enough to catch the machine. Perhaps there was a way he could help his classmate out... There. The robot was going to leap again, to carry itself over a wall, and Caleb could at least try to stop that. He grabbed a chunk of broken masonry typical of the ruined cityscape the pursuit was being made in. He heaved the heavy block just above the robot's head. His throw had the desired effect, the machine bounced off the wall it was running towards as it cancelled the jump it was planning to make. Caleb resumed his headlong rush but doubted he would be able to contribute anything more as he'd had to stop in order to get a good throw. Either his classmates would make the capture, or they'd be here for a while yet.
@=Nightshade= @DevVoid @Schrift @Cryronn the Mudkip

DevVoid

Inanis would continue his flight toward the robot in hot pursuit, trying to catch it himself, pushing his repelling vacuum to its limits. Though, hold on. Until now, all he had been doing is holding his arms forward, palms wide open, hoping he could catch it himself. But wasn't there something he was forgetting? That's right, how could he be so stupid to forget! From his arms and hands, an attracting vacuum now propelled forward, trying to draw the robot closer while Inanis was still pushing himself forward with a repulsion stream emitting from his legs and feet, now the machine had to get caught! ..Right?

"Aw, finally made it~!"​

Stepping off the train with a stretch and a wide grin on her face, Yakino seemed to be absolutely giddy. After all, it had not been too often one was about to transfer over to the U.A., the world's greatest hero school and the alma mater of her father. She had been staying in the adjacent city and was a student there as she desired to keep her mother company at father's insistence. Not easy being a full time hero and much as her mother preferred to work local the job opportunity had been too much to pass up.

Still, a window seemed to open for the aspiring hero, as her mother needed to go overseas for an extended period as part of her work, so it was decided she'd be staying back with her father in Musutafu. And thus, she had transferred over to the U.A. where now she had a chance to see if she'd be able to succeed along the finest peers of her generation.

"All right, time to show everyone at the U.A. what I can do~!" Yakino mused with a fist to the air, which got a look or two from other passer byers getting off the train as the young girl dashed to the city itself with a full head of steam.

~~~
"Aw man, I missed a cool exercise like that? This bites..."

"Now now you'll get your chances. Just use this opportunity to scout your fellow classmates and future instructors. Sure you can learn a lot from this."
Yakino had arrived to the school and was greeted by a secretary of the staff, who explained that the class currently was in an exercise where they had to chase this programmed robot around who proves to be quite evasive. To add to the difficulty of things, teachers act as obstacles designed to hinder their attempts. This all sounded amazing to Yakino who had been dying for such a chance to show her stuff but alas she needed to just be a spectator. The secretary was kind enough to lead her to this metropolitan exercise area in a spectator's booth safely from harm as she looked down at the action and her eyes seemed to widen.

"Oh wow, things are intense..." Yakino mused looking on to see if her soon to be classmates had the ability to pull this off or not.

Inanis' vacuum gambit began to bear fruit immediately. The pull against it was up and backwards from its flight, and it scrabbled at the ground like a man running on ice. Caleb and his fellow classmates began to close in. They had it now, but needed to make the capture before a teacher came in and ruined everything.

Sure enough, another teacher came on the scene. Class B English teacher, pro hero Sidewinder. Caleb resisted the urge to leap at the robot, pivoting to face the teacher, and hurling himself into the fray. His friends would have to finish the capture without him.

"Oh oh wow! Sidewinder! Seems we got some good Pros as teachers~!" Yakino said with a wide smile as she observed the action from what she called a "spectator's booth" of sorts as a student seemed to be cut off by the Pro Hero as this whole situation seemed to be quite exciting!

Course this had only made her lament she was late to the party all the more, but she continued to look on as least she'd get a good showcase however brief of what her peers could do. So she simply took a comfortable seat, moved her legs up to the stall of the window she watched from and got the metaphorical popcorn ready.

Caleb went at Sidewinder, snarling with hyper adrenaline-stoked rage. He led with what he knew, his fists. The slippery pro wove around them, literally, his body bending in and out of the path of the punches like his namesake serpent. Caleb swept a low kick, not to land it but to stop Sidewinder from using his evasive maneuvers to get past him. After all, Sidewinder didn't need to overcome Caleb to beat the students, only prevent them from taking the robot.

It made sense. Villains could "win" without beating heroes in many ways: stealing valuables, destroying property, injuring or killing innocents to name a few. Caleb would later dwell on this and appreciate the practicality of the exercise. But not now. Now he redoubled his efforts. They were so close! Sidewinder lunged in desperation, giving Caleb his opening. He took it and landed a backfist as Inanis' hands closed around the robot and a siren blasted out, declaring the end of the exercise.

Later, Caleb unwound with his classmates. He gave Inanis a gentle pat on the back (he'd learned not to thump people like he had in the past) in congratulation. "Nice work, I didn't know if we could play off each there, but you did great!" He looked about at his other classmates. They'd all done well, and he was eager to hear more of how they'd progressed in their work studies.
@=Nightshade= @Godjacob @Schrift @Cryronn the Mudkip @Void_Nugget

As the exercise seemed to come to an end and the class was brought together for a bit of unwinding, Yakino was led along from the observation area down to greet them as the new transfer seemed to be beaming after that display. She had desired to be part of something cool like than and if this school had classes like that she seemed optimistic about what to expect when it had come to her time at this school.

Man, no wonder dad seemed to look back at his time here with such fondness, this is awesome!

Soon enough Yakino had been brought before the other students as the member of the staff who accompanied her would explain the situation to whoever had been in charge of the class.

"Apologies for this sudden shift to things, but the new transfer student has arrived." The member explained, giving Yakino the chance to introduce herself as the girl grinned and seemed to fold a thumb and pointed to herself.

"Hey guys, name is Yakino Sato. A bit fashionably late to things having just moved but I hope to make up for lost time and hope we get along well. I promise if nothing else to not make things dull...not that that is possible when I am around~" Yakino said showing a bit of flair as she introduced herself and seemed to have a friendly, eager energy to her as she finished up.

Caleb's smiled at the new girl. His tone was necessarily mild, conscious of Sam's eyes upon him. "Nice to meet you. I take it the instructors didn't give you a dossier on us?" He figured not, they hadn't done so for him, probably for the best. Better to let them get to know each other organically. "I'm Caleb, the foreign guy. My quirk is Berserk. It pretty much does what it says on the tin. My work study hero called me Grunt, because I do that a lot."

He gestured around the room at his classmates. "I'll let the rest of the class introduce themselves." With his piece said, he settled back against the wall and put his arm around Sam.
@Void_Nugget @DevVoid @Cryronn the Mudkip @Schrift @=Nightshade= @Godjacob

Kureiji was gently lounging- as usual for the boy- his bright green hair a sight to behold as he had about a dozen lizards crawling all over his body. His expression upturned to meet the gaze of the new girl, and raised up a peace sign as a gesture of well-being.

“Ayo wassup-! I’m Kureiji Yaoyorozu- cheesed to meet ya, girl-!”

He said, his strange nature already quite apparent to anyone who had eyes and ears. The boy was always quite the oddball- at least he was always honest about who he was. He sat forward a bit, the lizards suddenly popping away into mist. For some reason… he felt like it had been so long since a newbie had shown up m their class-!

“…hope we can get along just fine! My quirk let’s me make biological matter on by body- plants and animals and shit-“ someone probably told him off for cussing- likely Caleb, “-but uhh yeah, pretty simple..!”

@Void_Nugget @DevVoid @Cryronn the Mudkip @Schrift @=Nightshade= @Godjacob

Yakino course seemed to smile a bit as her fellow classmates began to introduce themselves. Caleb seemed to be the friendly sort as he gave her his name and a bit of his Quirk, which from the sound of it seemed like something fun to see in action but she supposed she'd get a sample later.

"Nah, suppose the school thinks keeping you in the dark better preps you or something silly like that." Yakino mused with a chuckle on lack of info she had been given about her class ahead of time. But hey, allowed her to get the chance to know them herself so she figured it had been worth it.

Next seemed to be a guy named Kureiji and well, he certainly had his own flair to him. Yakino couldn't help but smile as he made his colorful introduction as she had to admit, she seemed to like his style already and as lizards seemed to pop before him he expressed a desire to get along and explained his rather impressive Quirk as she nodded along.

"Caleb, Kureiji, a pleasure. Suppose I should also share my Quirk: Honey Pot, I can summon and manipulate honey to various uses. Such as..." Yakino explained, producing some honey out of thing air and shooting it out as she saw a quarter on the ground and grabbed it pulling it back to her before she flipped it in the air catching it as she had a bit of flair.

Course, she was curious what the other classmates she had were like as well.

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Hogzilla @DevVoid @Schrift @=Nightshade= @Void_Nugget

DevVoid

I.. did it..?

Inanis tightened his grip. Yep, that sure was metal he was gripping. His eyes did not deceive him either, for that agile machine had finally been caught by him! ..not without the help of his classmates, of course, but still..!

I DID IT!

Sirens blared, announcing their victory over this exercise. Inanis wanted to jump for joy, but then.. he promptly collapsed, having spent all the energy in trying to speed himself along and pull the robot in that his vision became blurry and he really did feel like taking a dirt nap right then and there.. but, he refused to give in and merely sat there, on his knees, with a smile plastered across his face.

Later..
Inanis sat with the others, still a bit tired but overall having managed his previous exhaustion well enough to have been allowed to be back with the others in no time. He could feel the pat from Caleb, which was more of a light tap, really. Still, any harder and he'd have probably been coughing, so he was thankful at both this and the following compliment.

" You said it, man! We did good today, all of us! "

Soon enough, a staff member of the school walked in, someone in tow behind them. He assumed it was probably a newcomer, which he was proven right not a few moments after. So, a transfer then, ey? How very interesting, indeed! As soon as the adult was out of the room, Inanis hopped overjoyed over to the transfer student, doing multiple backflips in the air via light, brief repulsions with his quirk before finally landing and promptly falling face-first on the floor thanks to a miscalculated repulsion stream.

As everyone introduced themselves, the Cosmic Prince quickly got back up from the ground, having made no motion whatsoever as he simply brought himself to his feet with another repulsion stream, catching the last bit of Yakino drawing a coin to herself using.. honey? Neat! He quickly adjusted his clothes and bowed way too deep before introducing himself.

" Well, my time to shine now! I'm Inanis Ireoidaki, and I'm a Black Hole! Watch! "

Inanis proceeded to twirl on the pot before pointing at a nearby vase on a small corner table. From his finger, a nigh-invisible vacuum shot out, warping the air in its cone-shaped path as it quickly pulled the decorative piece over to him, which at that point he had then grabbed with his free hand, holding it in front of his outstretched finger.

" But wait, there's more! "

From the same finger that drew the vase in, an equally as almost imperceivable repulsion stream manifested, slowly and gently transporting the vase back to its original spot as if it were a tractor beam. Like a gun that had just been fired in a western movie, Inanis proceeded to twirl his finger, pulled his wrist to his chin and blew at his fingernail as if it were a revolver he was holding, even forming a fingergun with the hand he had just used to move the piece of decoration.

This class certainly seemed to be filled with unique personalities, and the next student who introduces themselves to her only confirmed as much. Inanis Ireoidaki, who seemed to hit the Quirk lottery as his name "Black Hole" seemed to live up to the title as he demonstrated his abilities to suck up and then summon back a vase in the area as Yakino's eyes widened. With a power like that, this kid seemed destined to get Pro Heroes lining up for intern chances, but that seemed the nature of this world as she smiled at him.

"My my my, that's pretty cool! Seems we have quite the diverse collection of abilities. Just be careful not to show off too much or you may suck someone by accident or something." Yakino said with a bit of a playful tone as she considered her way of livening the mood a bit as she none the less seemed impressed with Inanis.

More importantly, he seemed like a fun guy, so far this class seemed to have interesting people, her odds of making friends seemed to grow she just had to keep a good foot forward.

Caleb was glad to see Kureiji again, profanity or no. Nonetheless, he shot his friend a glare. Sometimes appearances just had to be upheld. He nodded in satisfaction as others stepped forwards to make introductions. This was the proper way to do this sort of thing. He recalled his own introduction to the class. They'd all been much less experienced and tempers had been rather nasty. Still he couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia for something that hadn't even been a year ago yet felt very, very far away.

Coming back to himself, Caleb wondered how well they did as far as the instructors' expectations. He expected everyone would get reviews on their performance. He was not disappointed as Chrome Cranium entered the room. "Well done everyone. We've analyzed your performances and have feedback for all of you. Please review these documents thoroughly and be prepared to outline how you will use these observations to guide your further development." He paused for effect, then continued with a slight smile. "Now I'll leave you all to socialize if you like. I imagine you have a lot of catching up to do." The teacher withdrew, leaving the students to their reports.

@=Nightshade= @Schrift @Cryronn the Mudkip @Void_Nugget @Godjacob

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Rako hadn't really been paying attention to what any of her classmates had been saying, only hearing small snippets. She didn't really mind not being in conversations and it meant she could sneak quick naps. Although annoyingly just as she attempted to lay her head down to rest for a minute, Chrome Cranium entered, she let out a little sigh and sat up as straight as she could be expected to, she took her document and read through it quietly, her physical and quirk based stuff was all good and she was doing as well as she expected, but as usual she had a lot of improvements to make when it came to team work and assisting others. She placed the document down and glanced around wondering if she should attempt to interact with someone.

Yakino listened as the rest of the class seemed to have their performances evaluated from the previous exercise, one she had not been part of given she was a late transfer. She had kept such disappointment of the timing internal as she rationalized that she'd get another chance to prove herself. Either way they had been given some free time to socialize which hey she needed such a window as she had been the stranger of the group so she smiled at that.

She noticed someone who seemed to sneak a nap off during this, hiding a bit of a giggle to herself as this class continued to be interesting as she decided to walk over by that one as she figured she should introduce herself.

"Hey there, name is Yakino. Gonna be joining you guys for class, hope I add some excitement to things~"

@Void_Nugget

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
As thought milled around in her head about how to approach someone, she was approached by a girl she hadn't seen before. The girl introduced herself and she gathered she was a late transfer, information they had probably been given when she either wasn't paying attention or sleeping. She glanced at the girl "um..hi, my name is Rako Kimishima, you can just call me Rako, I don't really care" she said before realising that maybe she should act a little more cheerful, a feat she could simply fake as she had lots of practicing while training her ability to mimic others, she put on a forced smile that was almost perfectly normal looking and shifted her demeanour slightly to appear more cheerful "pleasure to meet you, I'm sure you'll fit in great" she said.

"Thanks, happy to be here and hope we get along well." Yakino said with a grin though as she got the girl's name, she got the sense she had not been the most cheerful of souls. Even her attempts to force a smile and be nice seemed to be just that, forced, which hey not everyone was a social butterfly but she seemed to hope to find the more sincere side of this girl.

"You know, they say it takes less strain to smile than to frown, but I think trying to force a smile might be the exception to the rule. Just be yourself, all I ever ask anyone." Yakino mused to Rako as she seemed to hint that she sensed this cheerful side to Rako had been a little forced.

Months prior, shortly after UA sent out it’s evaluation letters…

Two young boys, adorned in school uniforms, walked along the bustling city sidewalks while chatting away.

“Nah it was fine. To be honest I expected the entrance exam to be a bit crazier,” Koji muttered to his friend while staring down at the acceptance letter in his hands.

“I still can’t believe you got accepted. Such a simple guy making it in?” Joked Detsu, the small-framed, blonde-haired best friend of Koji.

“Simple, yeah? Sorry I lack the complexity of a damn turtle!” Koji retorted half-jokingly while quickly aiming to smack his friend on the back of the head.

Thewp~

Almost instantly, Detsu’s head sunk into his own torso, akin to how a turtle would retract into its shell. This caused Koji to totally miss his target and stumble forward a bit.
Detsu quickly peeked his eyes out over his collarbones, letting out a muffled laugh as he did so.

“You’re not supposed to be using your quirk in public spaces.”

“I know, but it’s funny!”

CRRSHH!

The boys conversation would be suddenly interrupted as the front exit of a nearby bank had its doors blown off the hinges by something inside.
Long locks of jet-black hair snaked out of the newly formed hole in the wall, eventually revealing a dark figure at their core.
The figure floating amidst the tangled mass of hair turned back towards the bank guards, a few of his locks holding out several rows of heavy duffle bags full of cash, “Thanks boys. This should last me at least a few months, so… I’ll see you again after that.”

“It’s a villain! We need to go!” Detsu whispered in a panic while gripping onto Koji’s jacket sleeve.

“Wait, look!” Koji replied while pointing towards a small child who was likely separated from her parents in the chaos. The girl was maybe five or six in age and was wearing a cheap, store-bought superhero costume. If that weren’t enough, she was running right up to the bank robber!

“Give them there money back!” The little girl shouted while coming to a stop, now only a few feet away from the man.
She held both of her hands out and began straining hard. After a few seconds of this, little, blue crackles of electricity began to dance across her fingertips. This only occurred for a mere moment, before the faint energy faded. It was clear the child had just recently unlocked her quirk… and it was even more clear that she wanted to be a hero.

“Koji we have to GO.” Detsu spoke up once again, this time forcing Koji to lock eyes with him.

“That kids gonna die!” Koji half-whispered, half-shouted while quickly shoving his smaller friend off his arm before dashing towards the scene in question.

“Hnhnhnnnn…heroes die, kid.” The villain let out a laugh through closed teeth, being genuinely amused by the child. But rather than waste anymore time on the subject, the man reared one of his tendrils back with the intent to whip the child to the side.

“HEY!”

The villain shot a look over his shoulder to locate the unknown voice, only to immediately be met by a concrete fist slamming into his lower gut.

“Gahag!” The villain was sent rolling from the impact, with the sudden trauma to the stomach causing him to gag a bit as he did so.
His massive locks of hair quickly recessed back into his head, leaving him with a relatively normal looking head of straight, black hair that was now only about shoulder-length.

“How about you let me finish this guy? You seem worn out from your battle with him.” Koji spoke warmly while turning towards the small child to give them a thumbs up.

“Woaaahhh…okay, thank you…” The small girl replied to Koji with stars in her eyes and a big grin on her face.

“INARI!” A middle-aged woman with tears streaming down her face came half-running, half-stumbling up to the young girl and scooped her up.
Even after the lady had embraced her daughter, her wails only grew louder.

“It’s okay, Mom. I was in a battle!” The young girl replied almost comedically as the mother quickly began fleeing the immediate area.
During all this, Koji had leaned down and began to absorb more and more of the concrete pavement beneath his feet, slowly converting his entire body into said material.

“You little bitch!” The man spat while climbing to his feet. Now in clear view, the guy very much looked like… an 80’s rocker. Black, leather pants with spiked, heavy-duty boots and no shirt. Though it would be fair for one to miss this as his entire torso was covered in tattoos, which could almost pass for a shirt from a distance.
He was rubbing the spot on his abdomen where he’d been hit with what felt like a sledgehammer. He looked around to see about half of his duffle bags had been ripped open during the tumble, allowing a large quantity of bills to spill out onto the sidewalk. The anger on his face only grew, causing his hair to once again began growing.

“Just give it up. You’re not making it away.” Koji shot to the man while lowering into a fighting stance, his body now completely made of concrete.

“We’ll see!” The man shot back while lashing out with a thick strand of his tentacle-like hair.

—————————————————

“Koji?! Koji? Oh thank god you’re awake.” The fuzzy yet familiar voice of Koji’s mother was the first thing the young man heard as he stirred back into consciousness.

“Mom? What happened?” Koji replied slowly through dry, cracked lips.

“You freaking stopped a villain, man!” Detsu, who was sitting opposite of Koji’s mom, shouted with excitement. This caused Koji’s eyes to finally snap open, allowing him to see his current situation.
He was in a hospital bed, fully hooked up to the monitors, wearing a gown, the whole shabang. Whats more, one of his arms and one of his legs were heavily wrapped in thick casts and elevated off the bed by the support straps. His other arm was covered in a plethora of scars that looked akin to cracks running through concrete. Needless to say, he was pretty messed up.

“I don’t really remember. How did it all happen?” A now slightly more awake Koji asked.

“You guys went blow-for-blow for several minutes! His spikey hair was cracking up your concrete, but you managed to just completely smash his nose! The guy was pouring blood like a faucet!” Detsu explained with a massive grin on his face, clearly finding the whole experience to be quite impressive.

“Yes. You did manage to injure him…” Koji’s mother cut in, giving her son’s friend a somewhat skeptical look before continuing, “…and then you were immediately knocked unconscious. Lucky for you the pro heroes arrived just in time to restrain him.”

“Sorry, Mom. He was gonna attack the kid. I had to help.” The heavily bandaged boy replied with a small smile.

“I know. I’m proud of you. That being said… if you ever scare me like that again I’m gonna blast you through a wall. Understand?”

“Yes Ma’am.” He replied, his smile quickly fading and being replaced with the all too familiar ‘I messed up’ face.

“Good, I love you. I’m gonna call your father and let him know you’re awake. He had to take an important mission so he’ll be a short while.” Koji’s mom finished while stepping out of the room, leaving the two friends alone for a moment.

“Hey Koji, I’m sorry I doubted you, man. You’re gonna make a great hero.” The small framed teen piped up while giving his buddy a small pat on his uninjured shoulder.

“Damn! UA! I was supposed to start soon. What am I gonna do? These injuries are gonna take months to heal!” Koji shot up in the bed, causing a sudden wave of ache and pain to wash over his body. Despite this, he remained up and propped himself up on his good arm.

“Woa, woah! Relax, man. I’m sure they’ll understand. Nothing wrong with starting a little late in the year.” Detsu replied while trying to make his friend lay back down.

“What if they retract their acceptance?”

“I’m sure we can work it out. They’d be stupid not to accept you, you’re a hero, man.”

—————————————————

Present day…

Shortly after Yakino’s arrival, another office worker shuffled into the classroom with Koji close behind.
He still had a few visible scars trailing up his neck and down his hands, as well as a small brace around his right wrist.
Truthfully, he’d rushed his way through recovery as fast as he could, which was likely irresponsible, but he couldn’t help it. He had lost time to make up for.

“Hey, could we not do a big class entrance, if at all possible? I’d rather not have all eyes focused on me until I’m back to 100%.” Koji asked the office worker, who gave him an understanding smile.

“I’ll let your teacher know. Go ahead and find an empty seat.” She replied while hobbling off to the front of the room.
Meanwhile Koji quickly slipped into a seat at the back of the room, trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible.

Last edited: