• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Oh wait, I forgot I can’t make akatsuki always win or else other people get salty: ok guys like 2 people can live, but maybe like a couple more too. As long as akatsuki still nukes the told tho it’s ok

The Pain arc...well the Rasenshuriken had already been created so it's not really like Naruto got any stronger... just spammed more Rasenshurikens with KCM. Plus, the Rinnegan was already shown to be able to create almost planet level gravity.

Pain-level isn't much different from Pre-Kaguya level, is what I'm saying. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

War Arc Naruto and Pain Arc Naruto are two totally different characters in terms of power. Pain Arc Naruto isn't OP enough to make shadow clones that defeat Kage.

I honestly don't know why people think Nagato can beat Madara when all his abilities come from Madara's eyes...

Madara can do everything Nagato can whilst still retaining the abilities of the Sharingan. Even without mentioning their eyes we haven't seen enough of Nagato in action to say he's got better Taijutsū or Ninjutsū than Madara. I'd have to give Madara the edge simply because there isn't really any evidence supporting Nagato...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Madara can do everything Nagato can whilst still retaining the abilities of the Sharingan. Even without mentioning their eyes we haven't seen enough of Nagato in action to say he's got better Taijutsū or Ninjutsū than Madara. I'd have to give Madara the edge simply because there isn't really any evidence supporting Nagato...
N-Nani?! Kami Pein can be beaten?! Too bad we can’t bring back madara as our final arc...

I honestly don't know why people think Nagato can beat Madara when all his abilities come from Madara's eyes...

Which is why I hate Madara (Probably unpopular, maybe not). He's Nagato but stronger and a less compelling character. One is motivated by the tragic, senseless violence of war and the death of pretty much everyone he cares about. The other motivated by being passed over as Hokage.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Wait... so we’re not deleting everything after pain attack? I’m confused. ok so basically nagato = best character, right jacob?

Wait... so we’re not deleting everything after pain attack? I’m confused. ok so basically nagato = best character, right jacob?

Not best character. Just around that level of strength should our upper tier characters be around. Still strong to be respectable and lead to epic fights without getting to absurd levels like the War Arc and beyond do.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Wait so we can get as strong as Pain? Also how are we deciding why he still gets rinnegan, we brought that up but I don’t think it was ever fully answered

Wait so we can get as strong as Pain? Also how are we deciding why he still gets rinnegan, we brought that up but I don’t think it was ever fully answered

I'm just saying that is the cap. The max level any of our OCs should get around towards. How strong our OCs and AU characters are in relation to each other remains to be seen. Only time will tell.

Yeah, and that is fine. His Shadow Clones being Kage-tier alone is where I pull my hair out. It was too silly. But that is nothing compared to the later parts of the war arc.
The shadow clone isn't really supposed to be any weaker than the original though- and I'm only saying this in the Case of KCM Naruto because he had enough Kyuubi chakra to give all his clone a chakra level equivalent to the original.

It's not really that Naruto got stronger... he just hacked the system. Let's be honest... he's had the same 2 Ninjutsu for the entire series... Can Naruto even counter Genjutsu? If Itachi wanted to capture him when they'd met then he would've been helpless, and considering how 50 naruto clones can never seem to defeat their 1 opponent I can't say he's a Taijutsū god. (Though apparently Naruto level Taijutsū is supposed to be top-tier)

The shadow clone isn't really supposed to be any weaker than the original though- and I'm only saying this in the Case of KCM Naruto because he had enough Kyuubi chakra to give all his clone a chakra level equivalent to the original.

It's not really that Naruto got stronger... he just hacked the system. Let's be honest... he's had the same 2 Ninjutsu for the entire series... Can Naruto even counter Genjutsu? If Itachi wanted to capture him when they'd met then he would've been helpless, and considering how 50 naruto clones can never seem to defeat their 1 opponent I can't say he's a Taijutsū god. (Though apparently Naruto level Taijutsū is supposed to be top-tier)

A shadow clone dies if you practically poke him hard enough. If his KMC clones can fight Kage that means they can avoid getting hit once (In any meaningful way) by Kage-level opponent. That is a stupid and it means he gets to hog all the good fights leaving the rest of the characters to stand around and be cheerleaders.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Just like how you have an unpopular opinion that you hate madara, I have an unpopular opinion that I hate Nagato. Not really tho, he’s really cool I just disagree with your reasons why. There are some times where edgy backstories get done right. Pain had it done wrong, óbito had it done right

Just like how you have an unpopular opinion that you hate madara, I have an unpopular opinion that I hate Nagato. Not really tho, he’s really cool I just disagree with your reasons why. There are some times where edgy backstories get done right. Pain had it done wrong, óbito had it done right

How the hell did Obito have a better backstory than Nagato? I get if you like Obito more for certain reasons but Obito's motive is "my not girlfriend died, now I want to start world wars." Which is incredibly shallow.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
A shadow clone dies if you practically poke him hard enough. If his KMC clones can fight Kage that means they can avoid getting hit once (In any meaningful way) by Kage-level opponent. That is a stupid and it means he gets to hog all the good fights leaving the rest of the characters to stand around and be cheerleaders.
ummm... that’s basically the entire series? Him and Sasuke do that the entire time, and two other uchiha also get it as villains, but cuz they’re op cuz uchiha powers they suck

Naruto = trash, but cuz plot = most powerful protagonist. Did Naruto vs Pain Naruto have sage mode and KCM combined?
Naruto Vs Pain level Naruto only had Sage Mode, and he managed to take out 5 Pains before getting beaten. Then Hinata came in and instantly achieved best girl status by putting up a desperate(but futile) battle against pain and getting beaten up. After that Naruto lost it and just went Nine-tails until the seal broke. After that Nagato just... kinda gave up, and got convinced By all the Good in the world.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
How the hell did Obito have a better backstory than Nagato? I get if you like Obito more for certain reasons but Obito's motive is "my not girlfriend died, now I want to start world wars." Which is incredibly shallow.
Those last two sentences are just everything I never dreamed you could say

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think they both did it right? Nagato and Obito are two of the best characters in the series.
Yea but Nagato just isn’t as cool imo. I mostly said that cuz no offense but I’m getting tired of pain fanboying. He’s really cool but it’s starting to get annoying

I mean Rin's death IS Obito's main motive for everything he does. Just like the death of Nagato's parents, destruction of his village and death of his best friend are motive for what he does.

He's still a better villain than Madara.

That was kinda the point of the entire arc though...

Naruto gets a new mode and hogs all the good fights, and then Sasuke comes in and then they can hog all the fights together.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Naruto Vs Pain level Naruto only had Sage Mode, and he managed to take out 5 Pains before getting beaten. Then Hinata came in and instantly achieved best girl status by putting up a desperate(but futile) battle against pain and getting beaten up. After that Naruto lost it and just went Nine-tails until the seal broke. After that Nagato just... kinda gave up, and got convinced By all the Good in the world.
Ah so Naruto didn’t really win, and Sage Mode is max power?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Obito’s motive was Kaguya, nagato’s ability to do things was Kaguya. Why do you hate Kaguya, if everything was cuz Kaguya?

Obito’s motive was Kaguya, nagato’s ability to do things was Kaguya. Why do you hate Kaguya, if everything was cuz Kaguya?

Cause Kaguya offered nothing as a character. She had raw power, literally nothing else. Even Madara (Who took power levels to stupid levels) had some skill to go with his OP abilities. She was just lackluster all around.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The reason he declared war:
Obito declared war because he knew that the alliance would keep Bee and Naruto at a disclosed location. away from the battleground.
Obito already had Kisame setup to invade Kumo since A was made leader of the alliance due to Danzo's scheme.
Obito already had this figured out.

He had Kisame set to learn where they would place Naruto and Bee.

Obito would have went to capture them both after Kisame sends the intel.
Kabuto showed up while Kisame was spying, thus fucking up Obito's plan.

Zetsu shapeshifting powers were forcing the Alliance into a battle of attrition during the night time.
Obito would have lured Naruto out sooner, while the alliance would slowly fall to the Zetsu.
The reason Obito was corrupted:
While treating Obito's injuries Madara secretly branded Obito with a Forbidden Individual Curse Tag so that Obito would never act against his wishes. Once Obito recovered, Madara manipulated events so that he witnessed the girl he loved being killed by his best friend and childhood rival, thus breaking Obito's ties to others and giving him a reason to want the Infinite Tsukuyomi carried out: to create a world where tragedies like the one that befell him would not happen.
The reason he needed the bijus:
Become 10 tails jinchuriki to cast infinite tsukuyomi