• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saying the proctors should have stopped this the second Kiro went unconscious. It's kinda silly and against canon how much they refuse to step in even if the battle appears over. The proctor was even ready to prematurely call Kankuro vs. whoever he fought in the prelim exams.

At this point I think retro and Shen had a convo and agreed to let kiro die

Which is a shame. Cause losing an exam doesn't mean a character has to die.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Just saying the proctors should have stopped this the second Kiro went unconscious. It's kinda silly and against canon how much they refuse to step in even if the battle appears over. The proctor was even ready to prematurely call Kankuro vs. whoever he fought in the prelim exams.

Which is a shame. Cause losing an exam doesn't mean a character has to die.

The people they stopped in for quickly were about to be sudden and immediate deaths, so they needed sudden and immediate interruptions as well. In this case, it’s slow, so it’s going to be a slow interruption

@Godjacob Don’t worry, you’ll still have time to save him. I’ll try not too use all the time but it’s really up too you. People have different resistances when it comes to breathing or even living after that much water in their lungs. Just remember that I warned you about the water so many times.

•guy interrupted when he shouldn’t have, Kakashi remarked on this point that he acted prematurely.

That is literally the only time that happened. Every other time the refs called it or tried to call it "prematurely" in much more tame circumstances with no one crying foul over it.

Just seems between this and the Hashima match the examiners in our AU are a bit too uncaring and indifferent. Showing no authority or control at all.

@Godjacob Don’t worry, you’ll still have time to save him. I’ll try not too use all the time but it’s really up too you. People have different resistances when it comes to breathing or even living after that much water in their lungs. Just remember that I warned you about the water so many times.

We'll see.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Guy did stop Tomiko’s battle, and the fights can be fatal, it was said to be like that going in. Kankuro’s neck was snapped (or seemed like it) and it took the proctor a while to Call the match even then

I'm trying not to kill Kiro. And the proctor SHOULD see Kiro's unconscious body. I mentioned that Azumi got his attention and had him staring at them before she made her ultimatum to Kiro.

Guy did stop Tomiko’s battle, and the fights can be fatal, it was said to be like that going in. Kankuro’s neck was snapped (or seemed like it) and it took the proctor a while to Call the match even then

Can be but that should not be the default mindset of the proctors. They try to prevent Genin deaths in these matches. If a competitor looks like they cannot continue, they stop it.

And Guy stepped in only after Yasu did. Which should have been a DQ but given Guy's nature I let it slide.

Just saying, Kiro falling unconscious should be considered a KO and enough to try to call the match from the proctor's perspective. Nothing more on that I'll wait for Retro's post to decide what to do.

You need to have been drowning for over a minute to sustain any real damage, I myself can hold my breath for about that much time anyway. Though, struggling as Kiro did does use up oxygen so it'd plausible that he could be in more danger than it appears.

I'm trying not to kill Kiro. And the proctor SHOULD see Kiro's unconscious body. I mentioned that Azumi got his attention and had him staring at them before she made her ultimatum to Kiro.
Well think about it, theoretically, if he already lost consciousness as well as water flooding his system, he’s probably already dying. There’s no definite fact stating ninja could survive longer with water in their lungs. Congrats, he’s unconscious, now let’s just wait ten more seconds to make sure he’s dead even though it’s already been like another 20 seconds with maybe a good amount water in his mouth plus the fact he’s had to hold his breath for 30 seconds before. Plus a cut to literally his bone. That’s basically Azumi’s thought process when if you just wanted him just unconscious, which is all that’s needed, then you would’ve done things differently just now. It’s like when I warned you guys since yesterday about Kiro suffocating to death, no one took me seriously! Now look... here’s your fricking proof...

Well think about it, theoretically, if he already lost consciousness as well as water flooding his system, he’s probably already dying. There’s no definite fact stating ninja could survive longer with water in their lungs. Congrats, he’s unconscious, now let’s just wait ten more seconds to make sure he’s dead even though it’s already been like another 20 seconds with maybe a good amount water in his mouth plus the fact he’s had to hold his breath for 30 seconds before. Plus a cut to literally his bone. That’s basically Azumi’s thought process when if you just wanted him just unconscious, which is all that’s needed, then you would’ve done things differently just now. It’s like when I warned you guys since yesterday about Kiro suffocating to death, no one took me seriously! Now look... here’s your fricking proof...

Well if that is the case, I can alter Azumi's path on what she does easily enough. Or edits. Or Shen can step in like the proctor should at this point. Since falling unconscious should be enough to call this.

There, Azumi did the merciful thing and released him.

Though being paranoid, she is ready to do it all over again the second Kiro tries something funny XD. But Kiro now can survive this.