• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DONE!

Just have the Sound Four counter the Root ANBU's efforts and we can end the arc. Wanted to show how committed to Danzo's ambitions they were.

Quality not as great as it could have been. Far FAR too many IRL distractions. But I managed to get the post up which is what counts.

It seems like nearly every Naruto character had some type of tragic back story. I’m just thinking about it and I wonder what everyone has planned for their OC’s backstory.

Tomiko's has been highlighted. I plan to reveal more of Azumi's after the brief time skip between arcs though general stuff has been hinted at. Madoka & Kenji I've yet to touch on. Aisha and Takato as well. AU Sakura & Ino were basically the same in canon minus their boy obsession being toned down and not breaking their friendship over a guy.

It seems like nearly every Naruto character had some type of tragic back story. I’m just thinking about it and I wonder what everyone has planned for their OC’s backstory.
*shrugs*
Sagisō's isn't all that tragic, it was a just a means to get the Byakugan while not being from the leaf. I mean, I think it would've been worse if they'd actually just abandoned her out there instead of dying. My other OC's aren't tragic at all, unless the 'tragedy' is canon, like the destruction of Uzushiogakure.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Reaver is a story of belonging, and purpose. Then outright fun.

Zaku is a tragic backstory, Kou is very similar

Kai had a gifted upbringing, a story of justice, nobility, and execution. Not always in that order

I think Azumi has the most ambitious goal of all the OCs. In fact, if things go in a certain way, she could shape out to be an even greater threat than the Akatsuki. She’s smart but if she decides to fully go through with her goal of making the big 5 pay, she will have to be ruthless. And hey, if no one minds, maybe Azumi might even end up as a main antagonist if she goes too far down. It’s just a matter of how far she will be willing to go.

I think Azumi has the most ambitious goal of all the OCs. In fact, if things go in a certain way, she could shape out to be an even greater threat than the Akatsuki. She’s smart but if she decides to fully go through with her goal of making the big 5 pay, she will have to be ruthless. And hey, if no one minds, maybe Azumi might even end up as a main antagonist if she goes too far down. It’s just a matter of how far she will be willing to go.

Damn XD

I wouldn't say Azumi could be a bigger threat than Nagato or the Akatsuki but it's good you think it could go that direction. Even if I originally aimed to have her join the group rather than be an independent party.

Annnnd Shura is complete
48B7CDE8-2CDF-4903-930B-E1BF30F15948.jpeg

Village politics~ That should be a good little interlude to all the action that's been going in.

We can have a nice few pages of discussion where the only thing thick is the tension! Though, that being said we don't have many Clan Leader type OC. I imagine that Danzo, Fugaku, Hinagiku, and the village elders will be there, but we've got no OCs that can give input for the other major clans in the village.

Village politics~ That should be a good little interlude to all the action that's been going in.

We can have a nice few pages of discussion where the only thing thick is the tension! Though, that being said we don't have many Clan Leader type OC. I imagine that Danzo, Fugaku, Hinagiku, and the village elders will be there, but we've got no OCs that can give input for the other major clans in the village.

Kai’s entire family is OC XD and I control their village head so there’s that.

And you have a lot of flexibility with the nadeshiko, and control an elder hyuga

Kai’s entire family is OC XD and I control their village head so there’s that.

And you have a lot of flexibility with the nadeshiko, and control an elder hyuga
Yea, but I meant more like allowing character input on what actually happens in the village and RP instead of just us directing the plot.

Err, basically, make it seem more natural.

Since the next arc is the chase the sound arc, I planned to have Hinagiku personally give the orders for a few Hyūga clan members to pursue the sound ninja, that way it won't just be like these retarded genin/chunin committing suicide on their own whims.

It just feels better for me that they're following orders from an actual character rather than some off-screen the higher-ups said so. So given that for the next few arcs Danzo would be moving into the position of Hokage (correct me if I'm wrong), having the situation actually develop in the RP would feel better than Danzo just becoming Kage overnight during some time-skip.

While the genin/chunin are away on orders to pursue the sound, the village could call a meeting between the influential clans to decide their next actions and after discussion, they'd come to the conclusion that the next best Kage candidate is Danzo.

When I said we didn't have enough clan leaders, I meant for a situation like that. The other villages are even worst because they have less explored dynamics and we don't really know which clans are influential there. Besides the Yuki clan and the Mizukage herself, it doesn't really seem like there are any other relevant parties in the Mist who actually influence major decisions.

Well, as far as Konoha is concerned, I can always bring in an Inuzuka & Nara OC for their clan leaders given I do have Aisha & Takato. In fact, Aisha's motive for coming to Konoha was to get to know her clan better given she grew up in the worlds.

The problem is that the main series gave us ZERO prominent clans among most of the other nations. The Yuki clan is the best we hear of from any of the other big five but beyond that all the major clans are based in Konoha giving us a thin world to work with as far as international politics is concerned.

As far as the Danzo decision to make him Hokage with the clan head vote, there is one tiny issue with that as it stands now. For one thing, with Jiraiya in the village, the elders would have a preference for naming him Hokage to which he would decline and suggest Tsunade just like in canon. How we get around that is the tricky part.

Yea, but I meant more like allowing character input on what actually happens in the village and RP instead of just us directing the plot.

Err, basically, make it seem more natural.

Since the next arc is the chase the sound arc, I planned to have Hinagiku personally give the orders for a few Hyūga clan members to pursue the sound ninja, that way it won't just be like these retarded genin/chunin committing suicide on their own whims.

It just feels better for me that they're following orders from an actual character rather than some off-screen the higher-ups said so. So given that for the next few arcs Danzo would be moving into the position of Hokage (correct me if I'm wrong), having the situation actually develop in the RP would feel better than Danzo just becoming Kage overnight during some time-skip.

While the genin/chunin are away on orders to pursue the sound, the village could call a meeting between the influential clans to decide their next actions and after discussion, they'd come to the conclusion that the next best Kage candidate is Danzo.

When I said we didn't have enough clan leaders, I meant for a situation like that. The other villages are even worst because they have less explored dynamics and we don't really know which clans are influential there. Besides the Yuki clan and the Mizukage herself, it doesn't really seem like there are any other relevant parties in the Mist who actually influence major decisions.
Oh of course there is a lot of room for oc’s to have input. Kai, Tomiko, and Raiku are examples of that.

I like the idea of the other Clan leaders getting more involved, this plan could work. Especially on getting more of an idea of what each nation’s internal structure is like.

More ninja than just genin are coming for sure. From also what the tactic that was just used, there so many ninja clones and fodder spreading out and making their actual wearabouts and location unknown. So this limits a lot of interference some higher ranks could give

Well, as far as Konoha is concerned, I can always bring in an Inuzuka & Nara OC for their clan leaders given I do have Aisha & Takato. In fact, Aisha's motive for coming to Konoha was to get to know her clan better given she grew up in the worlds.

The problem is that the main series gave us ZERO prominent clans among most of the other nations. The Yuki clan is the best we hear of from any of the other big five but beyond that all the major clans are based in Konoha giving us a thin world to work with as far as international politics is concerned.

I do agree they should have expanded the famous clans. Other than the Fuma, Yuki, Hozuki, and several others. But doesn’t mean we can’t take some creative liberties.

We do have OC’s in several key clan: Yuki, Maa, Uchiha, hyuga, Inzuka, (Tomiko’s relation to his village’s Kage), etc. so they won’t be quiet if that’s what you mean kyuu

As far as the Danzo decision to make him Hokage with the clan head vote, there is one tiny issue with that as it stands now. For one thing, with Jiraiya in the village, the elders would have a preference for naming him Hokage to which he would decline and suggest Tsunade just like in canon. How we get around that is the tricky part.
Depends the clan thing could work against Tsunade as well, the Senju (after Tobirama) do have a reputation of ostracizing the Uchiha, and Tsunade's rather...detached. I'm not sure how eager all those major clans would be to name her Hokage when she'd been absent from the village for quite some time.

She, however, does still have a lot of reputation as the greatest medical ninja and the one to have revolutionized shinobi squads to contain at least one medical ninja.

I believe that could work to our advantage though, they'd still call Tsunade, but mainly so she could heal Minato, and during that time they'd put Danzo as 'substitute' Kage as Tsunade would be busy taking care of Minato. That scenario would work.

Oh of course there is a lot of room for oc’s to have input. Kai, Tomiko, and Raiku are examples of that.

I like the idea of the other Clan leaders getting more involved, this plan could work. Especially on getting more of an idea of what each nation’s internal structure is like.

More ninja than just genin are coming for sure. From also what the tactic that was just used, there so many ninja clones and fodder spreading out and making their actual wearabouts and location unknown. So this limits a lot of interference some higher ranks could give
Aside from Kai, the rest don't have the level of influence needed to butt in on a decision that concerns the fate of their village (besides out of sheer Obstinance) and they wouldn't be taken too seriously. They don't really have the status' necessary to speak for their entire clans.

I actually already have something in mind for your little decoy ploy, it was a good move though.

I do agree they should have expanded the famous clans. Other than the Fuma, Yuki, Hozuki, and several others. But doesn’t mean we can’t take some creative liberties.

We do have OC’s in several key clan: Yuki, Maa, Uchiha, hyuga, Inzuka, (Tomiko’s relation to his village’s Kage), etc. so they won’t be quiet if that’s what you mean kyuu
I'm just trying to push us into taking these creative liberties lol.

The Hyūga clan won't be quiet for sure, I was just pointing out the lack of Clan Leaders, heirs or elders, people who'd actually be taken seriously and can speak for their entire clans.