• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm, we use Yin release very frequently in the form of genjutsu, it's just that besides Hiden (which don't really have similar functions e.g. shadow possession, mind-body transfer) and actual genjutsu, Yin release doesn't have anything for me to work with and say

Yea, this sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing for Yin release to do!

To me, it's not a matter of it being too much, but rather you just have no real way to actually create a jutsu in practice.

Yin release just doesn't really have a consistent scaling for me to say whether it's potentially OP or not. Practically every variant of Yin release shown in the series is already present in the RP already, so I'm flat out at a loss for what you would even do with Yin release.

And beyond that, how would you distinguish it from Genjutsu? You could totally create flames and call it Yin release, but what's the difference between that and genjutsu flames?

It's simply an overall lack of a general mold to fit Yin release techniques into.

Edit:
and the Sharingan can already perform Yin-Yang release in its base form so ...meh?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Welp, if the idea is to die, than it's better to die when it's still an Idea
One example is how techniques similar to it already exist.
Shadow Possession Jutsu has a rough premise of Shadows and Darkness, more so now with Azumi's dark Liquid Shadows.
Plus, light if vaguely represented by Storm Release, which is a concentration of lighting that moves with the fluidity of water. Might I reference Sage Art Storm Release: Light Fang.
Interesting, I do thank you for bringing this point up.
*Steps in, pretending I hate to be that guy*
So you burst people's bubbles for fun?
Weird flex but okay.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Shen, is there access to the earth in Absurb's little tent? If so, I might have an flamboyant introduction ready. If not, I need to edit some details. Still gonna wait for others to post, but can't hurt to be prepared right?

Technically yes. You can, although you have to break up through his floor he has.

Also, I’m curious to what you have in mind :\=|:

Me: RRRRRNNNNNG!

Katsuo: Uh....you good?

*Combat rper in me wants to sink a few shuriken into Absurb when hes distracted.*
Me: Your being passive for now Katsuo.... that was the plan.

Katsuo: If you wanna go that bad, you may really have a problem.

Me: *heavy breathing* Everything's fine.
I can see where you're coming from, but you might want to keep it passive in case we can't get out

Me: RRRRRNNNNNG!

Katsuo: Uh....you good?

*Combat rper in me wants to sink a few shuriken into Absurb when hes distracted.*
Me: Your being passive for now Katsuo.... that was the plan.

Katsuo: If you wanna go that bad, you may really have a problem.

Me: *heavy breathing* Everything's fine.
F0BF8B44-8B5C-40B0-BB81-09E3283CF4AD.jpeg

Katsuo right now with Absurd XD

Taiyo: Well you have to say that....everyone else is gonna berate me about while we fight her.
It'd be mildly humorous if part of Hama's cloths were ripped due to this encounter

Sakura: Look, Taiyo I....I'll reserve any further comments till after the fight. Okay?

Inner Sakura: *Reads further* Pervert!

Hama: hmmm....what’s your clan again? *re-reading how they killed off the Hü*

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So since Seiun vs Taiyo is going to happen, I had an idea.
They bond over combat and have regular conversations as they exchange blows, though Taiyo does eventually win due to a lack of Seiun having LCM or something like that. Btw if this gets 5 likes, Seiun could get LCM, maybe.

Guren, Katsuo, and Me: Well, I gotta figure out what it is before we shred it apart.
Although if I cast a release and it doesn't work, I'll need to know what exactly your doing, as anything more than that would be pretty advanced/semi broken and makes even the Kraken's Roots look weak.

So since Seiun vs Taiyo is going to happen, I had an idea.
They bond over combat and have regular conversations as they exchange blows, though Taiyo does eventually win due to a lack of Seiun having LCM or something like that. Btw if this gets 5 likes, Seiun could get LCM, maybe.
Eh, I might attack you from either side just to spice things up.

Guren, Katsuo, and Me: Well, I gotta figure out what it is before we shred it apart.
Although if I cast a release and it doesn't work, I'll need to know what exactly your doing, as anything more than that would be pretty advanced/semi broken and makes even the Kraken's Roots look weak.

Obsurd’s entire thing is being mysterious. Solve his trick, and he goes down pretty easy, as it would be relatively simple to counter once it’s been found out. His battle tactic is staying mysterious with his moves.