• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
well, something are self-evident, but the actual inner workings of their clan are a mystery since we only really known Jin, Kai, and Hama.

I mean, Jin clearly runs the clan, but I can't imagine he micro-manages the hundreds of members of the Yuki Clan by himself.
Aha I see. So the more nit-noid details and specifics on their inner workings. Hm! I could clear this up with a detailed description for sure. I think I will Go ahead with that

Aha I see. So the more nit-noid details and specifics on their inner workings. Hm! I could clear this up with a detailed description for sure. I think I will Go ahead with that
Include stuff about the Honor guard like what they actually do, and how one becomes an honor guard/the mastery requires to become one.

I don't think the Hozuki will have anything like an Honor guard...I feel like they'd be the type to kinda teach their children the hydrofication jutsu then just throw them into the fray since they're pretty unlikely to die or get seriously injured.

All the clans of the Mist seem kinda like that though lmao, blood-thirsty and vicious.

Include stuff about the Honor guard like what they actually do, and how one becomes an honor guard/the mastery requires to become one.

I don't think the Hozuki will have anything like an Honor guard...I feel like they'd be the type to kinda teach their children the hydrofication jutsu then just throw them into the fray since they're pretty unlikely to die or get seriously injured.

All the clans of the Mist seem kinda like that though lmao, blood-thirsty and vicious.

Oh don’t worry, that’s the first thing that came to mind.

All the clans of the Mist seem kinda like that though lmao, blood-thirsty and vicious
Such is the way of the mist, which is kinda a positive and a negative. Welll, negative if your a Xeno at least lol

The Yuki Honor guard

For one to become an honor Guard the Yuki, you must have done a feat service to the Yuki worth being directly sought after by the head of the clan. Also, you must be in the top six strongest fighters in the Yuki. To demonstrate this, it is usually pro quo to fight a Honor guard or Jin himself to prove your metal.

Upon a passing grade, you will have to vow your life to your purpose, separating yourself from everyone you’ve cared about, your previous life gone and never to return. Then, you must pay a toll, a price that varies from every Honor guard. Upon initiation, you are taught how to use an ancient powerful art passed down by the Yuki for generations: the art of shattering sword.

The Yuki Honor Guard also double as leaders of six different divisions within the Yuki’s infrastructure. They are the strongest warriors in the Yuki’s ranks as well as the strongest of minds. Each one has given up their former life and ties to said life to follow a new path devoted to a lone principle:

Guardian of Knowledge
Guardian of Change
Guardian of Heritage
Guardian of Strength
Guardian of Will
Guardian of Heart

The Guardian of Knowledge is in charge of the vast amount of intel the Yuki have in their possession. Some that is widely known, and some that only Jin himself knows. The Guardian of knowledge also has a diverse skill set due to knowing and memorizing many of the skills and forbidden skills that they have kept under their protection. The Guardian of knowledge has sworn an oath to speak no words to anyone except fellow Honor guards and Jin himself.

The Guardian of Change is devoted to improving the mist from the inside, making brilliant infrastructure in both design and functionality. Creating defenses and powerful fortifications which rarley falter even under the most extreme pressures. Their fighting style is as fickle as it’s title, ever changing to be hard to predict.

The Guardian of Heritage is a valued historian that is aware of the passing of events in rest detail. Has the unique ability to write with chakra on any surface, proving very useful to his occupation. They keeps the history of the Yuki and the mist and records of every person in the village and where they were (to the most part) during key events. They have an ancient fighting style that pre-dates most to the point where it’s considered an extinct fighting style

The Guardian of strength is the sword and shield of the clan, the first one the clan head calls in a time of war. In charge of the arsenal and military training, the Guardian of Strength is unrelenting, only putting up with the cream of the crop. He has the most raw power of ninjutsu amongst the honor guard, and has the most skills in swordsmanship.

The Guardian of Will is seen mostly at Jin’s side. He keeps Jin on course and is there to advise him of possible outcomes and plans. He is incredibly intelligent and make foolproof plans that proved to turn the tables in the civil war. His tactics are second to only Jin himself within the ranks of the Yuki, and his the key strategist amongst them. His fighting style is all about precision strikes to areas you wouldn’t expect a foe to propel an assault upon.

The Guardian of Heart’s speciality is reading the people. A key advisor directly to him and has the main purpose of being the voice of the clan, being one with the people, keeping Jin updated on the state of the people and if there is unrest or any trouble makers. He is impressive at raising morale and lowering the morale of the enemy. He knows how to build soldiers up and how to shatter them, being a master of psychological warfare. His fighting style props him to always aim for the head, weather to inflict instantly fatal ninjutsu, or cast rather violent genjustu.

A very solid team indeed.

I've got a more in-depth explanation of the Titles, but I'll need to put it under a different heading. I think what I have for the Hyuga and Hozuki right now will all be the overview and then i'll go into more detailed descriptions.

Also, i believe Hyo's title will be; along the lines of Rain and Phantasm.

Rain also doubling to represent the fickle nature of the weather and her fighting style, and its relentlessness.

Phantasm in reference to the composition of her body...and... Well, I'll leave that as a surprise, let's just say the Sharingan won't be the most effective against this genjutsu user ;)

aringan won't be the most effective against this genjutsu user ;)
*remembering the Sharingan can easily see through genjustu.*

Hm....

*remembering the Sharingan can intercept genjustu and overpower it with a different
Genjustu*

HMMMM....

Also, i believe Hyo's title will be; along the lines of Rain and Phantasm.

Rain also doubling to represent the fickle nature of the weather and her fighting style, and its relentlessness.
Ah, a fitting title, let’s hope she lives up to it ;)

*remembering the Sharingan can easily see through genjustu.*

Hm....

*remembering the Sharingan can intercept genjustu and overpower it with a different
Genjustu*

HMMMM....

Ah, a fitting title, let’s hope she lives up to it ;)
Kuku, she'll throw whoever fights her for a loop, in every sense of the word.

I'll have her pull a draw with Sagiso first though, give Y'all a preview of what she's capable of at full power.

Drifting Rain Phantasm Princess, sounds like a long, fancy, Chunni enough title.

Oh, I'll have to prep you for Hyo's Phantasm mode though, don't want my allies getting caught in it.

Yay, another puzzle. We all know how well your last puzzle about the Yuki went so I'm ready

Everything is a puzzle. Both in the RP and the discussion XD

Sorry stuck in school. Cannot get a reply in but am trying to maximize my time between classes. Just fair warning.

With Someone like Absurd, are you really surprised? XD

With the yuki, it’s deep lore, with absurd...well...absurdities lol

sSoul

Previously Swirled
It would be funny if Hama freaking dies here and Taiyo has an existential crisis XD
Yeah, he'd become slightly darker and edgier. But I do wonder what Tsuki is going to do with her life, I got goals for Taiyo and Seiun isn't a goal oriented person, so all I have left to decide is Tsuki, she might become one of the members of the Honor guard provided one of them die, but at the moment, she doesn't have any life goals.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I need to find out what tropes I want to apply to my characters, I think Taiyo has a good chunk of them, but Tsuki and Seiun dint have much development. For one, I know that Taiyo, Tsuki, and Seiun were loosely based on the Elemental Trio of Fire, Lightning and Ice. Tsuki is the Xenophile to match Kai's Absolute Xenophobe, I know Seiun has Become His Mask and Taiyo can be considered a Chivalrous Pervert. But do tell me what other tropes apply to my character cause like Retro said, that site us addicting.

And assuming I can make a fourth character before that next generation RP were not doing, the character would be a Yin-Yang Bomber, assuming I'm allowed of course

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Yin-Yang release is weird *shrugs*

It's got so little showing in the show that we don't really know what I can actually do. Even separately Yang or Yin release is difficult to get creative with because we simply don't know what it's about.

Outside of already defined techniques, it's...kinda hard to explore Yin/Yang release.
Well since Yang is Light and Yin is Darkness and Yin Yang is a mixture of both, I plan on basing the release off of the source material and inferences based off of common powers associated with light and darkness.

Well since Yang is Light and Yin is Darkness and Yin Yang is a mixture of both, I plan on basing the release off of the source material and inferences based off of common powers associated with light and darkness.
Lmao nice one, but that has almost nothing to do with Yin-Yang release in the world of Naruto.
Good effort though.

Based on what's said, Yang release is based on physical energy and Yin release is based on spiritual energy. Yang release allows some vaguely defined altercations to one's body, such as the Akimichi's partial expansion jutsu...which is kinda the best example of Yang release we got.

I'm not sure if it's stated, but I'm 80% sure Konan's ability to turn herself into Paper is Yang release as well, but more or less Yang release is some sort of transformation of your body.

Yin release, on the other hand, ranges from Genjutsu to shadow possession to the Mind-body transfer technique...so it does...something? I guess it attacks your opponents Mind through some vaguely defined parameters.

Yin-Yang at its base though is a power far too OP for the boundaries of the Naruto World.

It's not just light-dark, that's only a small portion of it. Yin-Yang is just about my favorite super-power so lemme splurge for a bit xD

Yin-Yang is the concept of dualities, things that come in pairs inseperably, being equal yet opposite. Light-Dark, Young-Old, Past-Future, Up-Down, Male-Female etc.

Because just about everything has an opposite, Yin-Yang is an Omnipotent power since it encompasses all opposites. It's a concept that applies to everything in existences, and by virtue of existence having an opposite, non-existence, it can encompass that too.

Simply one of the many Omnipotent-tier concepts out there.

If you wanna get technical with the mythos, then the general format is, in the beginning, was Chaos, and Chaos gave birth to Yin and Yang, and Yin and Yang gave birth to the five elements, which in turn gave birth to all of creation.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Yin-Yang at its base though is a power far too OP for the boundaries of the Naruto World.

It's not just light-dark, that's only a small portion of it. Yin-Yang is just about my favorite super-power so lemme splurge for a bit xD

Yin-Yang is the concept of dualities, things that come in pairs inseperably, being equal yet opposite. Light-Dark, Young-Old, Past-Future, Up-Down, Male-Female etc.

Because just about everything has an opposite, Yin-Yang is an Omnipotent power since it encompasses all opposites. It's a concept that applies to everything in existences, and by virtue of existence having an opposite, non-existence, it can encompass that too.

Simply one of the many Omnipotent-tier concepts out there.

If you wanna get technical with the mythos, then the general format is, in the beginning, was Chaos, and Chaos gave birth to Yin and Yang, and Yin and Yang gave birth to the five elements, which in turn gave birth to all of creation.
Thanks, and now I have a canon reason not to do all of that. Since all of these things seem abstract, I'd have my character focus mostly on the Light-Dark and the Life-Death aspect of the duality of Yin-Yang, since I doubt manipulating genders will help in battle, though it's make for a decent power on other parts of the internet....

Thanks, and now I have a canon reason not to do all of that. Since all of these things seem abstract, I'd have my character focus mostly on the Light-Dark and the Life-Death aspect of the duality of Yin-Yang, since I doubt manipulating genders will help in battle, though it's make for a decent power on other parts of the internet....

Uh. I seriously urge you not to do this yin and yang idea due to it being easy to cause balance issues...but I suppose I could be open to ideas you come up with

Eh, not really sure how you're gonna work that one out, but I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

Kakashi: .....

Sakura: WHAT ON EARTH MADE YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA YOU IDIOT!?
Inner Sakura: He's gonna get us all killed!

Also, deep deep apologies I literally just got back home after a hectic day. Group projects are chaos when one of your key members no shows a key meeting. I've had quite the fun day as you can tell...*Goes to finish draft*

Taiyo: SHE WAS TRYING TO ATTACK US! I WAS SIMPLY BEATING HER TO THE PUNCH, WHATS SO WRONG WITH THAT?
Inner Taiyo: SHE WAS TRYING TO ATTACK US! I WAS SIMPLY BEATING HER TO THE PUNCH, WHAT'S SO WRONG WITH THAT?

Sakura: Cause this lady is an elite Jonin!
Inner Sakura: We had a mission against Zabuza, that doesn't mean it was smart for even Naruto to throw a punch at him then!

*Steps in, pretending I hate to be that guy*

Associating Light and Dark with Yin and Yang release would cause a bit of confusion in the Naruto world.
One example is how techniques similar to it already exist.
Shadow Possession Jutsu has a rough premise of Shadows and Darkness, more so now with Azumi's dark Liquid Shadows.
Plus, light if vaguely represented by Storm Release, which is a concentration of lighting that moves with the fluidity of water. Might I reference Sage Art Storm Release: Light Fang.

Using Yin and Yang since there concept is so bare bones may be fun if controlled properly, but you can't take the name in a literal sense.

Edit: I know my examples aren't rock solid, I just believe Light and Dark release is a bad idea.