• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, someone else of culture.

-Edit-
Man_of_Culture.jpg

Yea, I've been subbed to them since about a year ago when I watched their Summary of Journey to the West.

AH, my grim and dark with Furījia isn't for the purpose of just being grim and dark though. I think that it's a legit issue, and I feel uncomfortable addressing it off-screen.

Lot's of people die in war, and most of it will be because of the people leading the armies. Furījia's early exposure to it is because her mother is slightly paranoid about a 4th shinobi war (3 wars in perfectly timed intervals can do that.)

She's not going to be traumatized by the event her whole life, I'm aiming for a more, two sides of the same coin kinda thing. Clan Leaders can be nice and benevolent, throwing parties in the street and spreading cheer for the citizens, or they can openly curse their Kage, cause structural damage to other villages, and be rebellious little scamps (looking at you @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader )

Furījia will be more pacifist than Hinagiku will be, and by shippuden, her personality will actually get brighter and more friendly as she comes to terms with what type of clan leader she wants to be and where she wants to lead her people.

On the other hand, Sagisō will have a different type of development, but it follows a similar route. After learning the way of mercenaries she'll begin to act more like a mercenary. Although she will have a phase of cautious and untrusting, after that she'll have the more comrades in arms mentality, and she'll brighten up as well.

Baiyan starts off as noble, and she's above strife. I'm uhh, not too sure where I'm going with her yet, but it's not dark I swear xD

Hyō is just frivolous. She's probably like a mini-Hama, except with my type of insanity rather than Shen's. So tickle attacks, throwing tantrums, and being stubbornly willful.

AH, my grim and dark with Furījia isn't for the purpose of just being grim and dark though. I think that it's a legit issue, and I feel uncomfortable addressing it off-screen.

Lot's of people die in war, and most of it will be because of the people leading the armies. Furījia's early exposure to it is because her mother is slightly paranoid about a 4th shinobi war (3 wars in perfectly timed intervals can do that.)

She's not going to be traumatized by the event her whole life, I'm aiming for a more, two sides of the same coin kinda thing. Clan Leaders can be nice and benevolent, throwing parties in the street and spreading cheer for the citizens, or they can openly curse their Kage, cause structural damage to other villages, and be rebellious little scamps (looking at you @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader )

Furījia will be more pacifist than Hinagiku will be, and by shippuden, her personality will actually get brighter and more friendly as she comes to terms with what type of clan leader she wants to be and where she wants to lead her people.

On the other hand, Sagisō will have a different type of development, but it follows a similar route. After learning the way of mercenaries she'll begin to act more like a mercenary. Although she will have a phase of cautious and untrusting, after that she'll have the more comrades in arms mentality, and she'll brighten up as well.

Baiyan starts off as noble, and she's above strife. I'm uhh, not too sure where I'm going with her yet, but it's not dark I swear xD

Hyō is just frivolous. She's probably like a mini-Hama, except with my type of insanity rather than Shen's. So tickle attacks, throwing tantrums, and being stubbornly willful.

Naturally. I don't blame you and think that is fine for the characters and what not. I do believe darkness in a world of ninja is natural heck that is the basis for the entire story of Azumi.

I just feel that when there is too much darkness, when there is too much "gritty realism" it kinda takes away from the spirit of the series we are making this RP on. I guess I feel a need to sprinkle optimism in it for that very reason with most of my cast; even ones I did intent to be more neutral or not openly optimistic like Madoka.

talk to more girls, 100% gauranteed to make you cooler.
I’m pretty sure they all think he’s weird.

Now Raiku has an evil look on his face. Then he looked at the nurse and then around the room before finding a marker and drawing mustaches and other silly things on the nurse’s face.

“Normally I don’t treat girls like this but since she insulted me I’ll treat her like a boy. Now...”

Raiku turned to face Kiro once more.
Kiro: Yeah, that’s messed up.

Naturally. I don't blame you and think that is fine for the characters and what not. I do believe darkness in a world of ninja is natural heck that is the basis for the entire story of Azumi.

I just feel that when there is too much darkness, when there is too much "gritty realism" it kinda takes away from the spirit of the series we are making this RP on. I guess I feel a need to sprinkle optimism in it for that very reason with most of my cast; even ones I did intent to be more neutral or not openly optimistic like Madoka.
What we need to do is force a bonding arc, or a cool-down arc.

It was supposed to happen the last arc, but since Shen's sound team was kinda solo, they ended up stuck on their own and it was awkward and boring for him with no one to interact with.

What needs to happen is a forced situation in which the characters are forced together in a location where there isn't really any need for fighting and we can just bond or whatnot. No one gets excluded so we can have a character development and interaction arc without needing to rush to the next war arc because someone won't have anything to do otherwise.

Ideally, Shen's latest character who's a wild card will be able to seal all our main Ocs into a miniature world together and then take off. We can have the older Ocs get them out of there after we're done our bonding arc.

Or something like that.

It was supposed to happen the last arc, but since Shen's sound team was kinda solo, they ended up stuck on their own and it was awkward and boring for him with no one to interact with.

What needs to happen is a forced situation in which the characters are forced together in a location where there isn't really any need for fighting and we can just bond or whatnot. No one gets excluded so we can have a character development and interaction arc without needing to rush to the next war arc because someone won't have anything to do otherwise.

Ideally, Shen's latest character who's a wild card will be able to seal all our main Ocs into a miniature world together and then take off. We can have the older Ocs get them out of there after we're done our bonding arc.

Or something like that.

Well, doing it in the middle of this arc might ruin the Jinchuriki Chase arc which Shen seemed quite passionate about. I don't want to take that from him, even if yes I do think we need to have bonding moments at some point.

Well, doing it in the middle of this arc might ruin the Jinchuriki Chase arc which Shen seemed quite passionate about. I don't want to take that from him, even if yes I do think we need to have bonding moments at some point.
not in the middle of this arc. Maybe after this arc.

I was thinking that the Jinchuriki could even advance to becoming a perfect jinchuriki under the pressure of being hunted then...uhhh, do something I guess.

not in the middle of this arc. Maybe after this arc.

I was thinking that the Jinchuriki could even advance to becoming a perfect jinchuriki under the pressure of being hunted then...uhhh, do something I guess.

Naruto: Wait, how come that never worked for me in all my stressful situations!?

I wish I knew more about the Jinchuriki as a character TBH. I missed the bio and it would help with my plan for action so to say.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb

Or something like that.
I like this idea, you know winter is coming up...
I’m pretty sure they all think he’s weird.

Kiro: Yeah, that’s messed up.
Raiku: hey she bullied me :(
talk to more girls, 100% gauranteed to make you cooler.
is that why Kenji is so cool?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think we should all collaborate on making that idea true as it could lead to things like internal conflicts when fighting friends and stuff like that later on. I can’t think of an event for it to transition or even a setting though where it would make sense and flow with the rest of the RP

I like this idea, you know winter is coming up...

Raiku: hey she bullied me :(

is that why Kenji is so cool?
Kenji: The only girls I talk to are ones Godjacob controls. I've had one conversation with Sagiso of significant length. And minimal with other girls if any at all.
Sagisō: Kenji's right, he isn't very cool. He's adorable for trying though.
We should’ve done Halloween... Jin’s story really set the mood as well.
i posted an early Halloween song, but never had a good enough seeing to use it. Christmas sounds good though.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Btw gonna make smooth transition into completely relevant topic: for second part of the next chunin exams we should have a top 16 pass battle royale (with you losing by being captured)

True but we’d have to finish this arc in like 3 weeks plus think of a way from after all this fighting everyone to be in a festive mood and come together and not fight despite maybe being complete enemies
you'd need to strand them alone with another person who they don't particularly hate, and have them slowly merge into a larger group...

Whatever method it is, I'm sure we could think of it.

***Work in Progress***

The whole Eternal Ocean Nightmare titles are actually one huge reference to a novel that's based loosely on Pokemon xD It's called the charm of soul pets, and it's probably what you'd get if Pokemon were a more gritty and brutal series where your Pokemon were bound to your soul and their injuries reflected on the trainers as well.

The main character eventually gets the title; Eternal Ocean Nightmare Prince, so I'm paying a bit of tribute to that.

As opposed to heiress' the Hozuki will have Princes or Princesses that'll get their own little titles that I might mix up a bit. Hyo for example would be Myriad Sea Dreams Princess, or Eclectic Rivers Fantasy Princess...or however I phrase it when I get to that section of the description. (yes, I'm going full chuni with this one).
=============================================================================
A Guide to Shinobi Nobility: Kirigakure's Hozuki Clan

Overview

The Hozuki clan is one of the four Noble clans of Kirigakure, alongside the Yuki, Karatachi, and Hoshigaki. While not in possession of any kekkei genkai, the Hozuki are known for their Hiden, the Hydrofication jutsu. This jutsu allows the user to convert their body into a liquid, generally made of water, but with varying compositions among its members. Most notably, the Second Mizukage, Gangetsu Hozuki, had transformed his body into a mixture of water and oil.

Internal Structure

The Hozuki clan are a feudal clan with the Clan Leader or Lord/Lady of the house occupying the most influential position within their family adopting the title Eternal Ocean Nightmare King or Queen. Below the Clan leader are two Prime Elders, who divide the clan into two general sections based on speciality, titled the Elder of Eternal Ocean and the Elder of Eternal Nightmare, in reference to the Hozuki's most renown combat styles, genjutsu and water release. Below the Prime elders are yet another bevy of elders who run the internal affairs of the Clan.

Beneath the Prime Elder of Eternal Nightmare are the elders of: Dreams, Fantasy, Phantasm and Mirage. These elders are responsible for genjutsu training, managing finances, logistics, and the internal workings of the clan with regards to administration and management. As their titles would suggest they each specialize in genjutsu and the illusive arts.

Beneath the Prime Elder of Eternal Ocean are the elders of: Rivers, Seas, Lakes and Rain. These elders are responsible for organizing clan missions, enforcing clan rules, reinforcing the clan's defenses, and dealing with matters regarding the external interactions between the clan and other entities. As their names would suggest, these elders specialize in water release and have the highest level of skill with the Hydrofication jutsu.

The elders work in tandem when necessary, and meetings are regularly held to keep track of the workings of the clan, however, unless a strong opinion is voiced from the other side, neither will meddle in the decisions of the other. Their decisions though, can be vetoed by the likes of their respective Prime Elders or the Clan leader themself.

The Hozuki are known to have a particular brand of violence, much like their fellow noble-clansmen of the Mist. As opposed to the Yuki's rampant Xenophobia, the Karatachi's pervasive blood-lust, and the Hoshigakure's frenzied battle-lust, the Hozuki have a streak of playful sadism which many of their members have taken to indulging in based on their combat preference. Members adept with the sword have an urge to cut things, those adept with water prefer to drown opponents, and those fluent in genjutsu are perhaps the most twisted, as they prefer to toy with the minds of their opponents.

Clan Grounds

By capitalizing on their Hyrdofication jutsu and water-bodies the Hozuki live by taking the Oceans as their domain. The Hozuki clan ground is situated at the bottom of the Ocean approximately 3 miles of the coast of Kirigakure. They've occupied a nearby beach as their personal 'harbor' and will more often than not, be seen emerging from that particular location.

Standing on the beach itself is a large sandstone castle which functions more as an outpost than any place of residency. This castle is for all intents and purposes their 'welcoming hall' for entertaining guests or visitors who seek them out, including other clans or the Mizukage. The Castle is rather simple, with a plain, but stylish, allure. Although it is manned at all time, it's presence is more of a formality than anything else, and the Hozuki care little about its actual worth. Not to say their sadistic natures wont finagle some way of avenging a slight against the castle or the Hozuki guarding it.

The Clan grounds themselves, are within a large coral reef on the Ocean floor. Grand stone structures are decorated with an assortment of seashells, coral, seaweed or other marine ornaments. The Clan grounds only have the essentials of the clan such as residencies or gathering ground, completely omitting any designated locations for training, or combat practice. The clan grounds are however, heavily defended by the natural barrier that is a many metric tons of sea water, as well as a Water-style formation jutsu called Charybdis and Scylla.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
***Work in Progress***

The whole Eternal Ocean Nightmare titles are actually one huge reference to a novel that's based loosely on Pokemon xD It's called the charm of soul pets, and it's probably what you'd get if Pokemon were a more gritty and brutal series where your Pokemon were bound to your soul and their injuries reflected on the trainers as well.

The main character eventually gets the title; Eternal Ocean Nightmare Prince, so I'm paying a bit of tribute to that.

As opposed to heiress' the Hozuki will have Princes or Princesses that'll get their own little titles that I might mix up a bit. Hyo for example would be Myriad Sea Dreams Princess, or Eclectic Rivers Fantasy Princess...or however I phrase it when I get to that section of the description. (yes, I'm going full chuni with this one).
=============================================================================
A Guide to Shinobi Nobility: Kirigakure's Hozuki Clan

Overview

The Hozuki clan is one of the four Noble clans of Kirigakure, alongside the Yuki, Karatachi, and Hoshigaki. While not in possession of any kekkei genkai, the Hozuki are known for their Hiden, the Hydrofication jutsu. This jutsu allows the user to convert their body into a liquid, generally made of water, but with varying compositions among its members. Most notably, the Second Mizukage, Gangetsu Hozuki, had transformed his body into a mixture of water and oil.

Internal Structure

The Hozuki clan are a feudal clan with the Clan Leader or Lord/Lady of the house occupying the most influential position within their family adopting the title Eternal Ocean Nightmare King or Queen. Below the Clan leader are two Prime Elders, who divide the clan into two general sections based on specialty, titled the Elder of Eternal Ocean and the Elder of Eternal Nightmare, in reference to the Hozuki's most renown combat styles, genjutsu and water release. Below the Prime elders are yet another bevy of elders who run the internal affairs of the Clan.

Beneath the Prime Elder of Eternal Nightmare are the elders of: Dreams, Fantasy, Phantasm and Mirage. These elders are responsible for genjutsu training, managing finances, logistics, and the internal workings of the clan with regards to administration and management. As their titles would suggest they each specialize in genjutsu and the illusive arts.

Beneath the Prime Elder of Eternal Ocean are the elders of: Rivers, Seas, Lakes and Rain. These elders are responsible for organizing clan missions, enforcing clan rules, reinforcing the clan's defenses, and dealing with matters regarding the external interactions between the clan and other entities. As their names would suggest, these elders specialize in water release and have the highest level of skill with the Hydrofication jutsu.

The elders work in tandem when necessary, and meetings are regularly held to keep track of the workings of the clan, however, unless a strong opinion is voiced from the other side, neither will meddle in the decisions of the other. Their decisions though, can be vetoed by the likes of their respective Prime Elders or the Clan leader them-self.

The Hozuki are known to have a particular brand of violence, much like their fellow noble-clansmen of the Mist. As opposed to the Yuki's rampant Xenophobia, the Karatachi's pervasive blood-lust, and the Hoshigakure's frenzied battle-lust, the Hozuki have a streak of playful sadism which many of their members have taken to indulging in based on their combat preference. Members adept with the sword have an urge to cut things, those adept with water prefer to drown opponents, and those fluent in genjutsu are perhaps the most twisted, as they prefer to toy with the minds of their opponents.

Clan Grounds

Taking the Oceans as their domain, the Hozuki clan is situated at the bottom of the Ocean within 5 miles of Kirigakue. They've occupied a beach as their personal 'harbor' and will more often than not, be seen emerging from that particular location.

Standing on the beach itself is a large sandstone castle which functions more as an outpost than any place of residency. This castle is for all intents and purposes their welcoming hall for entertaining guests or visitors who seek them out, including other clans or the Mizukage.

The Clan grounds themselves, are within a large coral reef on the Ocean floor. Grand stone structures are decorated with an assortment of seashells, seaweed or other marine ornaments.
Ah some tasty details here. Does help clear things up. Not to mention their new beachead in leaf territory. Nice details about the elders of genjustu as well, nice touch

Also, should I make one for the Yuki, or is it already self evident?

Ah some tasty details here. Does help clear things up. Not to mention their new beachead in leaf territory. Nice details about the elders of genjustu as well, nice touch

Also, should I make one for the Yuki, or is it already self evident?
well, something are self-evident, but the actual inner workings of their clan are a mystery since we only really known Jin, Kai, and Hama.

I mean, Jin clearly runs the clan, but I can't imagine he micro-manages the hundreds of members of the Yuki Clan by himself.