• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
few things. Just for reference, Absurd caught a palm strike to the eye, not a fist, but that's not a big deal.
Okay that’s a quick edit

Also, is the mystery box game you just set up part if the Genjutsu?

And if so, which box did you go in? XD XD
Hahaha you’d like to know that wouldn’t you XD. And since Katsuo was visible hurt by the explosion, I could assume that some small wrappings around his ears singed off

since Katsuo was visible hurt by the explosion, I could assume that some small wrappings around his ears singed off

No that wouldn't really make much sense. He didn't wrap his ears up, he plugged them closed with small wadded fabric. He absorbed the residual damage into his outward facing limbs. Even if the explosion rocked his whole body, it wouldnt make much sense that it would affect his ear canal of all places.

Katsuo: If you want me in a Genjutsu, you'll need to try a little hard than that.

Me: ....you do realize you just barely dodged a massive bombing right?

Katsuo: You did this to me.

Also I didn't expect everyone to go with the fake death thing. Haha

No that wouldn't really make much sense. He didn't wrap his ears up, he plugged them closed with small wadded fabric. He absorbed the residual damage into his outward facing limbs. Even if the explosion rocked his whole body, it wouldnt make much sense that it would affect his ear canal of all places.

Katsuo: If you want me in a Genjutsu, you'll need to try a little hard than that.

Me: ....you do realize you just barely dodged a massive bombing right?

Katsuo: You did this to me.

Also I didn't expect everyone to go with the fake death thing. Haha

Ah well Katsuo sees everything I described aside the flashing lights and a large sum of the cards aren’t actually there. As well as the floor not bouncing when Absurd hit it.

Idea: Katsuo Zaku and Sagiso DONT get buffed at shippuden
Hmmm, Sagisō doesn't get any buffs as far as my plans go. Sheer chakra control and CQC skill all the way. Through a combination of fighting styles and tactics, I think she'll be good even without any massive power moves. There's isn't really anything to buff her with anyway. Since I'm probably not gonna do the jinchuriki thing, the only real option is Typhoon release (advanced wind I guess)? Or maybe an additional nature transformation.

I'll think about that later though.

Katsuo: The Sharingan versus the Byakugan, huh? This is going to be disappointing.

Me: Don't you mean exciting?

Katsuo: The two most overhyped dojutsu in the world going toe to toe? It'll be a battle of who's cooler and more mainstream.

Me: Psssh....well....you may have a point there.
Since when was the Byakugan overhyped ~w~?

I've seen people rank the Ketsuryūgan higher than the Byakugan, and I wouldn't really blame them. The Hyūga clan as a whole just turned into my passion project for this RP, so I'm milking all their skills for what they're worth. In terms of hyping the Rinnegan, Rinne-Sharingan, and Tenseigan are way more hyped. Hyūga can't get the Tenseigan though, so it's irrelevant.

Should be noted that expulsion of chakra from all chakra points is unique to the Hyūga and not the dojutsu. Ao has the Byakugan but can't expel chakra from all his chakra points.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Since when was the Byakugan overhyped ~w~?

I've seen people rank the Ketsuryūgan higher than the Byakugan, and I wouldn't really blame them. The Hyūga clan as a whole just turned into my passion project for this RP, so I'm milking all their skills for what they're worth.

Should be noted that expulsion of chakra from all chakra points is unique to the Hyūga and not the dojutsu. Ao has the Byakugan but can't expel chakra from all his chakra points.
i think he meant the op sharingan from canon.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
upload_2018-12-2_21-53-2.png
red is raiku and tsuki and green and light blue is konoha fight i think

i think he meant the op sharingan from canon.

No, I genuinely meant both. And Kyuu, a dojutsu is only considered 'overhyped' when it doesn't live up to its talk. Hence why I didn't mention other dojutsu.

(If you can't tell I've got a burning hate for anything Uchiha and Hyuga related, in and out of character) XD

The Byakugan/Sharingan both have been overhyped since there creation.

If you can't tell I've got a burning hate for anything Uchiha and Hyuga related, in and out of character) XD
That’s why I always route for the under dogs with a unique technique that brings possibilities to the table. Like Zaku for instance.

As well as expanding upon bloodlines that haven’t been on the forefront of the show much, like steel release

if zaku is considered an underdog then raiku's considered jonin level
believe he was referring to canon Zaku.
Yeah I was referring to Zaku’s canon treatment...such squandered potential.

And I can agree with Shen. Darui and Rock Lee were my inspiration. Though neither are undwerhyped, there both so powerful due to such a basic concept, which I love.
Preach Zander, your on a roll XD. I always loved uniqueness in characters and abilities, hence The creation of Absurd and Reaver

No, I genuinely meant both. And Kyuu, a dojutsu is only considered 'overhyped' when it doesn't live up to its talk. Hence why I didn't mention other dojutsu.

(If you can't tell I've got a burning hate for anything Uchiha and Hyuga related, in and out of character) XD

The Byakugan/Sharingan both have been overhyped since there creation.
The Byakugan doesn't like up to its talk because it only got 2 battles with any real insight into its abilities and then it got back-lines, like just about every other Kekkei Genkai in the series.

It was poorly developed and poorly utilized in the series, same as a few other kekkei genkai I've got my eyes on, and I'm gonna use it as fluidly as I can. Your dislike of the Hyūga and Uchiha is well, I mean, I don't mind, either way, I didn't pick up the Byakugan because I loved it or anything. I just didn't want the other dojutsu.

My favorite clan in the Leaf apart from my idealized Hyūga Clan, is the Sarutobi clan, because I feel like there's a lot of room for manipulation with their Hiden.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Shizi Sarutobi
Jutsu type: Mainly Fire. Also specializes in summoning jutsu. Has some basic knowledge of Taijutsu, but he fights best with his bo-staff.
Description: Black spiked up hair that's kinda short. He wears a blue t-shirt with beige/brown cargo shorts that go down to just above his ankles. He wears blue sandals, and a white jacket. He has a blue wristband on his left arm and a gray wristband on his right arm. He has orange/amber colored eyes.
Bio: Shizi got his name from his grandparents, equating his flame to that of the mighty lion's flame. Was born and raised in Konoha by his grandparents because his parents were always out doing "work". He never was allowed to know what they were up to, but they were both dead by the time Shizi was 9 years old. His grandparents continued to raise him until he was old enough to understand what happened on the day his parents died. Shizi's mother knew a secret, a secret that Konoha didn't want getting exposed. So they planned to have her murdered, however Shizi's father found out about this and made an attempt to prevent the murder. It cost the man his life, and the plan continued its execution, resulting in the death of the boy's mother as well. Having learned this information, Shizi began to resent the leaf. He ran away from home at the age of 14. (More TBA)
Dislikes: Losing, Talking about the past
Missions completed: 0 Total
yea of course