• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Oh, that reminds me. Apparently, not even Zabuza can see through his own Mist, in fact, it's implied by Kakashi that he has his eyes shut half the time

naruto-1565414.jpg

naruto-1565417.jpg

Well, since I didn't go out of my way to say Hyō made the Mist super thick or anything I'm not really gonna argue this point. Zabuza navigates his Mist through electroreception or something smh.

You implied you could see through the mist first with hyo looking up at Kai :p so you should be scolding yourself lol

You implied you could see through the mist first with hyo looking up at Kai :p so you should be scolding yourself lol

Where did I do that?

Hyōryugetsu

A clash of Fire and Ice -errr, Lightning and Ice. Close enough, right?

The crackling sound of lightning gave way to the shatter of overlapping ice shards, electric sparks dancing across the river currents stifled by a frozen blanket of frost crystals seizing the river. As the Jonin clashed, Hyō played the unfortunate spectator to their chakra fueled probes. The little liquid lady let loose lacrymal caterwauls as she fled the scene of the clash, riding along the river currents. Quite a classic case of an innocent bystander getting caught in the cross-fire -getting shot while laying down- a victim of errant arrows and ballistic bullets.

Lamentable as the situation was, fortunately, she had only been caught between the clash and hadn't been the direct target of either Jonin. As such, the dancing sparks and cascading ice shards only caused the girl moderate amounts of distress and damage. Even more fortunate was the fact that the newly formed blanket of ice provided a layer of insulation which served to restrict the volatile current.

Emerging upon a distance river back, Hyō expression had settled into one of extreme annoyance or perhaps livid rage -she herself wasn't quite sure. Her body shimmered, translucent liquid from the river pooling together to construct the figure of a girl before color and pigmentation settled into place. Thin tendrils of mist coiled off her skin, condensing around her as if a thin robe of ethereal, lofty, clouds. Nature itself had garbed her in a beautiful gown -even in retreat, she was stunningly elegant.

In truth, her exposure to Ice-release had, quite obviously, dropped the temperature of her body to near freezing. Her very being now naturally emanated a chill that rivaled those created by the famed Ice-release users of the Yuki clan. Said chill was causing the water vapor in her immediate vicinity to condense into a wispy mist -her robe-like regalia. She surely would've been a picture of fantasy, a fairy descended into the mortal realm heralded by nature itself, had her expression not been a mask of unsightly rage and frustration. With a chill that rivaled the trio of Ice users around her, she locked onto a target -a pink-haired kunoichi. While she might've had no beef with the Konoha shinobi, unavoidable circumstances had floored her irritation for 0 to 60 in moments, leaving the Hōzuki rather volatile emotionally. Since, sadly, she couldn't take it out on her teammates, her foes become the next best choice.

Jabbing a finger fiercely into the sky, Hyō sped up the formation of her Mist veil, Water Release: Hiding in the Mist. Backed by the prodigious amounts of water around her, already chilled to a low temperature by Hama's Icy wrath, Hyō was able to quite easily cause a swirling shroud of Mist of blanket the battlefield, stifling vision and filling the air with a frigid chill. She knew for certain that her teammates would be able to navigate the Mist, they were Mist ninja after all -but, the Meat-shield was probably going to be in for a bit of trouble. Well, he was expendable anyway.

Slinking across the battlefield, hidden by clouds of Mist, and the stampede of Ice drones, Hyō cautiously approached Sakura.

Hyōryūgetsu

An amused glint in her eye, Hyō paid little attention to the water ring. She moved right through the approaching ring of water, her own liquid body fusing with the ring, before defusing as it came out on the other end. She didn't advance any further, instead, standing stock still she raised her arm, pointing a finger in Sakura's direction. Her thumb curved upward, creating a 'gun' with her fingers. Parting her lips, she mouthed silently, 'bang~'

The tip of her finger liquified, firing off of water droplet bullet towards the pink-haired kunoichi.

I've only made those 2 posts with Hyō since the Mist has been up, and I set it up at the end of the first post. She hasn't looked at Kai in any of them ~w~

Wait last time I checked Sakura caught Kai???
Hm? When did this happen?

Where did I do that?

I've only made those 2 posts with Hyō since the Mist has been up, and I set it up at the end of the first post. She hasn't looked at Kai in any of them ~w~
She stuck a tounge at him and looked up at him. What initiated that fight?

I feel like the mist would have the same effect on the byakugan with the Sharingan, like the users chakra is what the mist is made out of and if you use dojutsu that see chakra then you see that and not through the mist
Lmao nope,
The Hiding in Mist Technique is a speciality of the shinobi from Kirigakure, where one causes a mist to spring forth either by using a pre-existing water source, or expelling it from their mouth.[2] They can then go in and out of sight at will from within the pearly-white realm. The mist's thickness is controlled by the amount of chakra kneaded into it. It cannot fool the Byakugan, but, due to the mist being created with the user's chakra, any Sharingan and Rinnegan-user will see the mist coloured by their opponent's chakra — which will effectively hide the user from the dōjutsu.[3]
This is where the All-Seeing White Eye shines, in terms of sheer perception of chakra and visual acuity, it's far above every other dojutsu.

Then consider this

Ao during the 5 Kage summit was able to identify Shisui's chakra from just his Sharingan inside Danzo's body and covered. If the Byakugan can pick out the difference in chakra between 1 eye and the rest on an entire body, then picking out a Human within Mist is a simple task by comparison.

Fair enough I suppose
032187D5-6837-423E-B85C-D3278BE8CA02.png

Oh, that reminds me. Apparently, not even Zabuza can see through his own Mist, in fact, it's implied by Kakashi that he has his eyes shut half the time

naruto-1565414.jpg

naruto-1565417.jpg

Well, since I didn't go out of my way to say Hyō made the Mist super thick or anything I'm not really gonna argue this point. Zabuza navigates his Mist through electroreception or something smh.

Which kinda contradicts Zabuza's first use of the Mist with his eyes opened and he clearly saw people in it. Not to mention Naruto, Sakura & Sasuke seeing stuff in the Mist during the Kakashi rescue portion of it.

Which kinda contradicts Zabuza's first use of the Mist with his eyes opened and he clearly saw people in it. Not to mention Naruto, Sakura & Sasuke seeing stuff in the Mist during the Kakashi rescue portion of it.
That was a thin Mist, it wasn't thick. The thickness of the Mist is variable. During Kakashi's battle on the bridge, he uses the 0 visibility Mist which prevented the Sharingan from seeing him. However, Kakashi also says not even Zabuza can see through that Mist, and Zabuza counters by saying it's because he's a master of the Silent killing technique so he doesn't need his eyes.

Since I never specifically stated the thickness of the Mist I'm not going to try to push the argument at all costs, however, at the same time this level of Mist will have 0 effect on the Sharingan.

That was a thin Mist, it wasn't thick. The thickness of the Mist is variable. During Kakashi's battle on the bridge, he uses the 0 visibility Mist which prevented the Sharingan from seeing him. However, Kakashi also says not even Zabuza can see through that Mist, and Zabuza counters by saying it's because he's a master of the Silent killing technique so he doesn't need his eyes.

Since I never specifically stated the thickness of the Mist I'm not going to try to push the argument at all costs, however, at the same time this level of Mist will have 0 effect on the Sharingan.
Then uh...why did hyo use the justu in the first place? Did she just like how Mist looked like or?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Tsk, I guess I’ll have to pull out raikus other Summons against the wyvern serpent thing. Though they’ll appear a lot less than his main

Then uh...why did hyo use the justu in the first place? Did she just like how Mist looked like or?
I thought it would've been implied that the Mist was thick enough to obscure vision since that's why I used it in the first place.

I'd also stated in my post that Mist Shinobi can navigate the Mist so she wasn't worried about them. I'd said it as well in the discussion that Mist Shinobi are generally good at the Silent Killing technique and would be able to navigate the Mist without vision.

I'd also stated in my post that Mist Shinobi can navigate the Mist so she wasn't worried about them. I'd said it as well in the discussion that Mist Shinobi are generally good at the Silent Killing technique and would be able to navigate the Mist without vision.

I don't think all Mist ninja should be skilled in the Silent Killing Technique. Makes it a bit less special.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nah not really personal summons. Like how gamatatsu was to Naruto but gamakichi was his main. Also hinagiku has like 3 or 2 summons so I don’t see the problem

Nah not really personal summons. Like how gamatatsu was to Naruto but gamakichi was his main. Also hinagiku has like 3 or 2 summons so I don’t see the problem

Hinagaku is also a Uber jounin Tier that can gift both Kabuto and manga back to back and have enough strength to go on and help fight the sound four whilst they escaped. Raiku is not on her level. Not at all.

Is it like a different crow? That would be okay, but a whole new creature just seems like an ass pull for the occasion as we have never heard of it until this very moment.
....I just realized none of my characters have a summon XD
Not neccicarily a bad thing XD. More originality

Hina has 3 small summons >~>

A mini-fox, a Bird, and a raccoon.
I wasn't talking Hyo. I presumed she had some skill in the art. Much like Azumi, whose own reason for picking it up I hope to elaborate on but just can't find the right time to plug in that flash back.
Eh, she'd specified her teammates (Minus Seiun), so Hunter-nin Kai and Hama. Idrk how to scale Tsuki she advances terribly quickly.

Jabbing a finger fiercely into the sky, Hyō sped up the formation of her Mist veil, Water Release: Hiding in the Mist. Backed by the prodigious amounts of water around her, already chilled to a low temperature by Hama's Icy wrath, Hyō was able to quite easily cause a swirling shroud of Mist of blanket the battlefield, stifling vision and filling the air with a frigid chill. She knew for certain that her teammates would be able to navigate the Mist, they were Mist ninja after all -but, the Meat-shield was probably going to be in for a bit of trouble. Well, he was expendable anyway.