• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
They ain’t his summons. Normally he probably wouldn’t even be able to use them. There’s an explanation but it’s more into backstory then explaining what you’re doing in battle. They’re actually limited in power due to Raiku being weak compared to them so they can’t use as much jutsu as normal

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
They ain’t his summons. Normally he probably wouldn’t even be able to use them. There’s an explanation but it’s more into backstory then explaining what you’re doing in battle. They’re actually limited in power due to Raiku being weak compared to them so they can’t use as much jutsu as normal

If they aren’t his summons, where I’m the world did they come from? I am incredibly confused

Maybe he’d be able to use them normally in the future. As of now they’re not his summons
They're basically his then, he just can't use them regularly. More of a Naruto-Gamabunta thing. While Naruto's personal summon is Gamakichi, he has access to Gamabunta.

Hmmm, the issue with summoning creatures above your level is that they generally aren't inclined to listen to the summoner. Depends on their personalities I guess. Also, it usually consumes a crap ton of chakra. Naruto passed out after summoning Gamabunta for the first time.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
They are limited in power so not quite jonin level, or they could be but would have less time available, he didn’t summon them completely based off his own chakra and the two combined aren’t as strong as gamabunta, summoning only needs the chakra when they’re first summoned.

They're basically his then, he just can't use them regularly. More of a Naruto-Gamabunta thing. While Naruto's personal summon is Gamakichi, he has access to Gamabunta.

Hmmm, the issue with summoning creatures above your level is that they generally aren't inclined to listen to the summoner. Depends on their personalities I guess. Also, it usually consumes a crap ton of chakra. Naruto passed out after summoning Gamabunta for the first time.

That’s why I was wondering. Nebulix said Raiku is at around 55%, even after summoning the crows, and that’s what rubbed me the wrong way about it as well. Stronger summons consume vastly more chakra.

Not to mention they seem immediately loyal to Raiku without any dialogue, although that’s a different can of worms.

I just want it to be fair so that power doesn’t escalate to where everyone is spamming hordes of jounin level monsters just to keep up :/

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That’s why I was wondering. Nebulix said Raiku is at around 55%, even after summoning the crows, and that’s what rubbed me the wrong way about it as well. Stronger summons consume vastly more chakra.

Not to mention they seem immediately loyal to Raiku without any dialogue, although that’s a different can of worms.

I just want it to be fair so that power doesn’t escalate to where everyone is spamming hordes of jounin level monsters just to keep up :/
Except he can’t do that??

They are limited in power so not quite jonin level, or they could be but would have less time available, he didn’t summon them completely based off his own chakra and the two combined aren’t as strong as gamabunta, summoning only needs the chakra when they’re first summoned.
Eh, they aren't Jonin level then, maybe like low to mid-Chunin. They can always be Jonin level later.

I'd kinda question how he managed to summon them...without his own chakra? Did he get help from Ramer or something? Indeed, summons only require chakra to be summoned.

I'd kinda question how he managed to summon them...without his own chakra?
This is what I’ve been asking

Eh, they aren't Jonin level then, maybe like low to mid-Chunin. They can always be Jonin level later
If that’s the case, what level of crows is Kai fighting? And how much chakra would Raiku he at after summoning them?

Yea he did. He still spent like 15% of his chakra summoning them though
15% Each? or 15% Total?
This is what I’ve been asking

If that’s the case, what level of crows is Kai fighting? And how much chakra would Raiku he at after summoning them?
Hmmm, I'd say something like...Akamaru? I'd scale them to Aisha's Wolves.

Most summons don't scale to the Toads. The toads are Sage creatures, after all, I think they're inherently stronger.

15% Each? or 15% Total?

Hmmm, I'd say something like...Akamaru? I'd scale them to Aisha's Wolves.

Most summons don't scale to the Toads. The toads are Sage creatures, after all, I think they're inherently stronger.

Because the earth one has already built a dam over the river, created a earth dome to protect Raiku and now is creating several earth prisons all on different locations on the serpent. That one alone has gigantic chakra usage already, I’m surprised it isn’t unconscious from all the usage already. It’s got such a tiny body to fit all that chakra...

Low ki chakra exhaustion/fatigue never comes into play with any of our characters. The only example I can think of was Sagiso against Kidomaru given kyuu played up the multiple fights Sagiso had been in prior.

Cause low ki we all know she'd have beat him one vs. one if she was fresh XD.

Because the earth one has already built a dam over the river, created a earth dome to protect Raiku and now is creating several earth prisons all on different locations on the serpent. That one alone has gigantic chakra usage already, I’m surprised it isn’t unconscious from all the usage already. It’s got such a tiny body to fit all that chakra...
Lmao, I'm not even going to touch that.

I was already internally squinting at Tsuki freezing the whole river. I just figured y'all throwing chakra away for shits and giggles.

Well, Earth Style is almost 100% of the time at a reduced Chakra cost because Earth is virtually everywhere and they're just shifting an already existing material. As for the dam...depends on the dimensions of the river? We're currently at the smallest River between the 4 Islands.

When combined with the dome and the gates it's quite a bit of chakra though... I don't have much basis for chakra capacity of summons though. I'd give a fair assessment and say 60~80% of the crows chakra should've been expended. Though if we include the jutsu it cast before then that figure probably increases.

I think Nebby's scaling things to Kai though, since his 40ft tall Ice thingy cost like 40% of his chakra lmao.

Low ki chakra exhaustion/fatigue never comes into play with any of our characters. The only example I can think of was Sagiso against Kidomaru given kyuu played up the multiple fights Sagiso had been in prior.

Cause low ki we all know she'd have beat him one vs. one if she was fresh XD.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Sagiso beat Kai in the exhaustion game in her fight with him, making it a prime weakness for him. Zaku also resorted to going out with a bang due to chakra reserves going out in ten seconds.

Lmao, I'm not even going to touch that.

I was already internally squinting at Tsuki freezing the whole river. I just figured y'all throwing chakra away for shits and giggles.

Well, Earth Style is almost 100% of the time at a reduced Chakra cost because Earth is virtually everywhere and they're just shifting an already existing material. As for the dam...depends on the dimensions of the river? We're currently at the smallest River between the 4 Islands.

When combined with the dome and the gates it's quite a bit of chakra though... I don't have much basis for chakra capacity of summons though. I'd give a fair assessment and say 60~80% of the crows chakra should've been expended. Though if we include the jutsu it cast before then that figure probably increases.

I think Nebby's scaling things to Kai though, since his 40ft tall Ice thingy cost like 40% of his chakra lmao.

That’s very true with Kai. 40% chakra used to make that ice serpent even with the reduced price of recycling the ice justu and the river being nearby. Still a big chunk of a cost. Kai was never the best conserver

Even so, have to admit, the lightning keeps catching me off guard, as 80% of my characters are weak to lighting XD

Tomiko so far is doing okay. She burned some chakra early, but recharged herself with Rejuvination and her style is naturally conservative given Earth is everywhere.

Sakura hasn't done anything too draining, her biggest move so far is a paper bomb.

Nobody else I have is fighting. So it doesn't account for much XD

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Sagiso beat Kai in the exhaustion game in her fight with him, making it a prime weakness for him. Zaku also resorted to going out with a bang due to chakra reserves going out in ten seconds.
Also gonna have to agree with Shen here, Sagisō lost to Katsuo cause of chakra exhaustion. I was even counting the number of jutsu she'd used in the discussion.

Tomiko so far is doing okay. She burned some chakra early, but recharged herself with Rejuvination and her style is naturally conservative given Earth is everywhere.

Sakura hasn't done anything too draining, her biggest move so far is a paper bomb.

Nobody else I have is fighting. So it doesn't account for much XD

Tomiko is the master of recovery, which is a huge asset in her vast arsenal. She grew into her skin I’d say.

Also, what do you think of Absurd’s final plan? XD

Also gonna have to agree with Shen here, Sagisō lost to Katsuo cause of chakra exhaustion. I was even counting the number of jutsu she'd used in the discussion.

Ah yes, that’s a good example too