• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Yeah, I know. Didn't you call his father the Ikeda clan member? Or were you calling Katsuo the Ikeda man?
He was referencing both of them being Ikeda members. Like a ‘father like son’ deal.

Lol shen I’m not even gonna post anything, Kai hasn’t attacked
Ah so not even going to banter or attack first?

Okay, yes. And I'm saying his father isn't an Ikeda, I could just be crazy but it seems like you keep referring to him as Ikeda.. Or does Absurb not know that?
Absurd doesn’t know the details of his father being an Ikeda or not, he justbknow they are related. He’s just the guy who gets payed XD
Man, Orochimaru already working on a Kiro replacement XD
Hey, if you lose your first prize player, go for the runner up hahaha

Just saying it's not like Kiro is gone forever, he is on those same islands. Pretty harsh statement to make XD
This is the same guy that sacrificed two subornats to try and kill an old man. He’s going to be harsh XD. Besides, even if Kiro comes back he has plans for that contingency
Katsuo: I'll kill that Uchiha in cold blood. And Orochimaru couldn't get me because I'm not cheap enough to take any of his offers. Real strength is earned.
Consider Absurd’s test a ‘See if Katsuo is worth my time’ type of thing. Looks like you ‘earned’ his attention by fighting absurd to this point

Azumi: Says the child of two incredibly powerful and infamous ninja of his home nation.

Katsuo: Actually both my parents were low ranking in there clans and only 17/18 upon leaving. And Blood Control isn't a birth trait. It can only be obtained after gaining near perfect control of the water chakra nature. I trained for my power, never doubt it.
Maybe you could even use a variation of it, once you've grown up. ;)

Katsuo: Actually both my parents were low ranking in there clans and only 17/18 upon leaving. And Blood Control isn't a birth trait. It can only be obtained after gaining near perfect control if the water chakra nature. I trained for.my power, never doubt it. ;)

Azumi: All of which is still only possible thanks to their lineage. You working hard versus the average ninja working even harder leads to a world of different rewards. Your teammates are better example of being given nothing or working to something, even if the result leads them to being sub-part. Especially the kunoichi...

Tomiko: Come say that to my face!

Azumi: I have better things to do. Your prodigal potential are also an inherent talent rather than a reflection of hard work. *Sips tea*

Azumi: All of which is still only possible thanks to their lineage. You working hard versus the average ninja working even harder leads to a world of different rewards. Your teammates are better example of being given nothing or working to something, even if the result leads them to being sub-part. Especially the kunoichi...

Tomiko: Come say that to my face!

Azumi: I have better things to do. Your prodigal potential are also an inherent talent rather than a reflection of hard work. *Sips tea*

Katsuo: The blood control is a retired technique anyways, it was to risky to use again. And don't be so angry because you where born in a 'normal' clan. I believe any ninja can achieve the power they set out for by working hard enough and finding a way. Your bias persona exposes your bitterness and envy. Maybe one day you'll learn that bloodline only means so much, because if not, you'll never break your own limits.

Me: ....no need for the speech man.

Katsuo: She's basically anti-me and she's clearly wrong and a tad racist to high ranking clans.

Me: Woah man! What the hell?

Katsuo: The blood control is a retired technique anyways, it was to risky to use again. And don't be so angry because you where born in a 'normal' clan. I believe any ninja can achieve the power they set out for by working hard enough and finding a way. Your bias persona exposes your bitterness and envy. Maybe one day you'll learn that bloodline only means so much, because if not, you'll never break your own limits.

Me: ....no need for the speech man.

Katsuo: She's basically anti-me and she's clearly wrong and a tad racist to high ranking clans.

Me: Woah man! What the hell?

Kai: *breaks through the wall* What Vile Xenotry hath been at work?!?!

Azumi: You know, a prodigy and child of two clansmen and incredibly infamous/powerful shinobi giving lectures on how "anyone can succeed if you try hard" is almost as condescending as a certain child of prophecy saying destiny doesn't define you. You are not a symbol of hard work, you are a prodigy pretending to be just another guy who give it 100% to get where he is at. It's insulting and misleading, and I care little of my birth circumstances. I don't pretend to be just someone, cause I will be the one to change this world.

Azumi: You know, a prodigy and child of two clansmen and incredibly infamous/powerful shinobi giving lectures on how "anyone can succeed if you try hard" is almost as condescending as a certain child of prophecy saying destiny doesn't define you. You are not a symbol of hard work, you are a prodigy pretending to be just another guy who give it 100% to get where he is at. It's insulting and misleading, and I care little of my birth circumstances. I don't pretend to be just someone, cause I will be the one to change this world.

Katsuo: It shouldn't matter whose mouth those word come from, as long as the conviction behind them is true. I worked just as hard as you, maybe even harder, to get where I am. I can't say the same for some who competed in the tournament. And unfortunately, if your point of view on this world is that narrow, I'll have to shut you down before you reach the top. Wouldnt want your point of view poisoning the minds of others.
I apologize in advance, I'd much prefer we be comrades, but your almost no better than that mist trash Kai.
Oh, and I'm not pretending to be nobody. I gonna cure the ninja world. ;)

Shots fired!

Katsuo: It shouldn't matter whose mouth those word come from, as long as the conviction behind them is true. I worked just as hard as you, maybe even harder, to get where I am. I can't say the same for some who competed in the tournament. And unfortunately, if your point of view on this world is that narrow, I'll have to shut you down before you reach the top. Wouldnt want your point of view poisoning the minds of others.
I apologize in advance, I'd much prefer we be comrades, but your almost no better than that mist trash Kai.
Oh, and I'm not pretending to be nobody. I gonna cure the ninja world. ;)

Shots fired!

Azumi: By giving people hugs and kisses and encouraging people to sing kumbaya? You'll find I don't poison, but empower. And I actually aim to take action to ensure those without power of "lesser" nations get a voice. And yes, who says the message does matter. Your little "you can do it" ra ra loses appeal when they realize the man behind it reaps benefits they never will by following your advice without having your genes or natural talents. A crushing reality. And funny you presume that about me, you have no idea what I go through to achieve what I do and what I aim to do. I have no ill will with you personally. Your view is child-like, cute in a way and honestly inoffensive. No reason to hold a grudge over it. And indeed, less of a pest than that extremist Kiri-nin.

Azumi: By giving people hugs and kisses and encouraging people to sing kumbaya? You'll find I don't poison, but empower. And I actually aim to take action to ensure those without power of "lesser" nations get a voice. And yes, who says the message does matter. Your little "you can do it" ra ra loses appeal when they realize the man behind it reaps benefits they never will by following your advice without having your genes or natural talents. A crushing reality. And funny you presume that about me, you have no idea what I go through to achieve what I do and what I aim to do. I have no ill will with you personally. Your view is child-like, cute in a way and honestly inoffensive. No reason to hold a grudge over it. And indeed, less of a pest than that extremist Kiri-nin.

Katsuo: I think you'll find there's more to me than an optimistic face. And don't try to back away now. One necessary element to achieving true peace is crushing those who simply refuse to accept others. Its the harsh truth, but many like you and Kai must perish or change in order to better this world.
I'll see ya next arc, Champion. ;)

Sorta wish Katsuo vs Zaku wasn’t a tie so we could either have a rematch for harem or see who of the opposites would win
Katsuo wouldn't participate in that battle, probably cause Zander isn't that interested in a romantic subplot. He quite literally turned down Sagisō being handed to him, so I can't say I picture him in a harem battle to any lasting effect.

Though its precisely because they're a tie that a rematch with them becomes that more interesting.

I think it’s pretty cool that Orochimaru is going for Katsuo. Even though it’s unlikely, I would want him to join.

If anything, it might turn out the same as Azumi’s relationship with Orochimaru. Interesting storyline that leads to nothing but a quick stab in the back.

Literally. Azumi had Kenji attempt to stab an unconscious Kiro lel
fun fact: Raiku was the first target
Fun Fact: Kai’s original last name was Soda. :p

Hmmm, I need a better way to deal with Power exposition. Sorta Random blobs explaining my character's powers do oft seem out of place...

Perhaps I'll try to take a show not tell approach and keep everything Implied ~w~?

I'll also think about adding more detail to character sheets.

I think it’s pretty cool that Orochimaru is going for Katsuo. Even though it’s unlikely, I would want him to join.

If anything, it might turn out the same as Azumi’s relationship with Orochimaru. Interesting storyline that leads to nothing but a quick stab in the back.

Literally. Azumi had Kenji attempt to stab an unconscious Kiro lel

Fun Fact: Kai’s original last name was Soda. :p

Yeahhhh early boo-boo on my part....

As for Katsuo and Orochimaru, he may have no choice soon enough. We’ll see ;)

Don’t think Kiro is off the hook either

What do you reckon would be a good way to divide the Hozuki clan?

They have a total of 10 divisions, which are then split into Internal and External focus with 5 divisions each. 10 seemed like a nice number to split the clan into. I'm trying to think of what these 5 divisions should be responsible for though;

Internal
  • Finance
  • Logistics (Non-monetary Resources)
  • Internal Discipline
External
  • Military Action; assigning missions etc.
  • Information gathering
  • Relations with other Clans

I'm kinda blanking on other areas to put down. Speaking of which, the Shinobi Guides I write do get updated with some degree of frequency, about last month I added a compilation of Gentle Fist techniques. I haven't had a chance to describe them yet though, so for now it's just the names.

It refers to canon techniques and not self-created techniques, however, I'll probably add some self-created techniques later when I actually go about creating them.

What do you reckon would be a good way to divide the Hozuki clan?

They have a total of 10 divisions, which are then split into Internal and External focus with 5 divisions each. 10 seemed like a nice number to split the clan into. I'm trying to think of what these 5 divisions should be responsible for though;

Internal
  • Finance
  • Logistics (Non-monetary Resources)
  • Internal Discipline
External
  • Military Action; assigning missions etc.
  • Information gathering
  • Relations with other Clans

I'm kinda blanking on other areas to put down. Speaking of which, the Shinobi Guides I write do get updated with some degree of frequency, about last month I added a compilation of Gentle Fist techniques. I haven't had a chance to describe them yet though, so for now it's just the names.

It refers to canon techniques and not self-created techniques, however, I'll probably add some self-created techniques later when I actually go about creating them.
Internal might cover law if that doesn't fall under Internal Discipline and maybe marriage or something?

External I'm unsure about

Internal might cover law if that doesn't fall under Internal Discipline and maybe marriage or something?

External I'm unsure about
Internal Discipline would cover Laws and enforcement. Marriage would fall under Inter-Clan relationships, I have a blank section there for the Hyuga clan as well lol. I just listed the 4 major clans they'd interact with while in Konoha; Uchiha, Aburame, Taketori, Akimichi

though I'll add more as I actually develop the relationships of the Clan.

I'll need to add another Entry for the Yuki Clan though, who I might do next instead of the Sarutobi Clan

We might have someone interested in taking Smug's position and bringing us back to a full Convo's worth of Rpers. (we're currently 1 short)

What do you think @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader ?
Oh? Maybe, we are kind of full. Depends. Last time we let a few In they all bailed. I’d be open to them coming in if they took over characters already existing though

The person in question, @Kid_Nukas, says he's fine with taking over an existing character... But... I don't really see the difference between that and a new character. The only characters to take over would've been those without much characterization thus far :T

I was trying to bribe him into Nadeshiko though, so I guess that's quite fitting all the same. Either way, we can slowly come to a agreement after some discussion.

The person in question, @Kid_Nukas, says he's fine with taking over an existing character... But... I don't really see the difference between that and a new character. The only characters to take over would've been those without much characterization thus far :T

I was trying to bribe him into Nadeshiko though, so I guess that's quite fitting all the same. Either way, we can slowly come to a agreement after some discussion.

Course you were XD.

I don't know, feels weird having a guy come in to take over Yasu given you gave him power ups he'd not know about and the RPer would lack a lot of context for what happened with that character and his dynamic with others (Tomiko mostly.)

Well then if it’s up to debate, I say we have a vote. What do you thinking guys?