• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know how when Naruto was fighting Pain, he had two backup clones in sage mode? When one dispersed, Naruto immediately got into Sage Mode again. So technically, if Kiro’s clone disperses, he should go into LCM. With that, he’ll be able to move away from taking the explosion at point blank range.

I would also try to find a reason for Kiro to catch her but the attacks would happen simultaneously I believe.

Cursed seal and lightning armor should be able to atleast prevent any serious injuries if he can move out the way in time. Kiro should have enough left to lash out at her with one final full power attack. He’ll still be pretty bruised and bloodied though. Will also need to figure out a reason why his coat or whatever he wears wasn’t ruined too.
Indeed, clones transfer whatever chakra they have to the user upon dissipation.

I doubt he can completely avoid it either way, but moving enough to not get hit a point blank should be possible. That's why I'd suggested you counteract it. Speaking of that, I need to custom make Sagisō's weapons and paper bombs.

The Moon is a Fuma with explosive tags pasted onto it; there'd be upwards of...I want to say 20+, but let's go with 10 paper bombs pasted onto it.

latest

Considering the length of those blades I'd say at minimum three paper bombs could fit onto it. So 3 x 4 = 12 then double up for both side back and front of the Fuma. 24 paper bombs.

Also, Kiro impaled one of his legs, he's much more hindered in terms of speed than the clone is.

The attacks happen simultaneously, but Sagisō will take a couple seconds to actually fall to the ground.

Kai: *twitches* do you want frozen blood? This is how you get frozen blood...

Hama: I made these? Honestly you act like we can’t make sugar. You act as if the Nadeshiko has any resource to their name~
Sagisō: You already tried that sweetie~ ♥

Hmmm, the Land of Water probably can't grow sugar crops effectively. They don't have the climate for it. They can perhaps grow Palms and make palm sugar? But Sugar Cane and crops like it would be difficult to grow there because the climate wouldn't be too suitable for their growth.

It's not that they couldn't grow it, they probably can, but their sugar would be pretty low quality because the Land of Water is too moist. I can't see them growing it on a large scale because the quality of sugar they produced wouldn't do well competitively.

Sugar crops don't do well with the cold, or with too much moisture. The former might kill the plant, and the latter reduced the sugar quality.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Sagisō: You already tried that sweetie~ ♥

Hmmm, the Land of Water probably can't grow sugar crops effectively. They don't have the climate for it. They can perhaps grow Palms and make palm sugar? But Sugar Cane and crops like it would be difficult to grow there because the climate wouldn't be too suitable for their growth.

It's not that they couldn't grow it, they probably can, but their sugar would be pretty low quality because the Land of Water is too moist. I can't see them growing it on a large scale because the quality of sugar they produced wouldn't do well competitively.

Sugar crops don't do well with the cold, or with too much moisture. The former might kill the plant, and the latter reduced the sugar quality.
Actually, they mainly grow in sandy soils...which the mist has a huge surplus of. There are also types of sugar plants that only grow in marshy environments, which only the village of grass and mist have in their zones. If anything, they should be a huge supplier of sugar. Now I’m more solidified in their trading power with that discovery XD

Indeed, clones transfer whatever chakra they have to the user upon dissipation.

I doubt he can completely avoid it either way, but moving enough to not get hit a point blank should be possible. That's why I'd suggested you counteract it. Speaking of that, I need to custom make Sagisō's weapons and paper bombs.
Could have the clone physically stop the Fuma shuriken, disperse, and cause it to explode a little bit further away. Kiro will have no idea about the Fuma and the clone’s info is what actually lets him react.

Or he could coincidentally look to the side and see the Fuma.

Also, Kiro impaled one of his legs, he's much more hindered in terms of speed than the clone is.
Well his foot actually, not his leg. So technically he’s still pretty mobile if he ignores the pain. As for speed, I kind of chose speed for one of the major cursed seal atributes... XD

The attacks happen simultaneously, but Sagisō will take a couple seconds to actually fall to the ground.
Well if Kiro does manage to stay standing after the explosion, then he will have plenty of time.

Actually, they mainly grow in sandy soils...which the mist has a huge surplus of. There are also types of sugar plants that only grow in marshy environments, which only the village of grass and mist have in their zones. If anything, they should be a huge supplier of sugar. Now I’m more solidified in their trading power with that discovery XD
They can grow in sandy soils given sufficient water, but it's not a prerequisite.

The Mist is shown to have snow in Haku's backstory, so it's pretty safe to say it's too cold there. As I'd said though, it's very moist there and past a certain amount of moisture, the quality of sugar is affected.

Sugar cane grows best in tropical climates and eh, some sections of the Mist most certainly aren't tropical. Wouldn't quite be certain of the other sections though.
Could have the clone physically stop the Fuma shuriken, disperse, and cause it to explode a little bit further away. Kiro will have no idea about the Fuma and the clone’s info is what actually lets him react.

Or he could coincidentally look to the side and see the Fuma.

Well his foot actually, not his leg. So technically he’s still pretty mobile if he ignores the pain. As for speed, I kind of chose speed for one of the major cursed seal atributes... XD

Well if Kiro does manage to stay standing after the explosion, then he will have plenty of time.
Well, whatever you decide to do just make it a good one~

The Mist is shown to have snow in Haku's backstory, so it's pretty safe to say it's too cold there. As I'd said though, it's very moist there and past a certain amount of moisture, the quality of sugar is affected.
It has winters, yes. But there are also costal areas of the mist that are known as vacation spots because it’s so warm. Almost like ninja Orlando XD.

Sugar cane grows best in tropical climates and eh, some sections of the Mist most certainly aren't tropical. Wouldn't quite be certain of the other sections though.
Some sections. They aren’t growing it literally everywhere Kyuu hahaha

It has winters, yes. But there are also costal areas of the mist that are known as vacation spots because it’s so warm. Almost like ninja Orlando XD.

Some sections. They aren’t growing it literally everywhere Kyuu hahaha
Eh, my point still stands. The Land of Fire would simply have better quality sugar, thus my marshmallow is superior unless you admit to importing sugar.

This whole conversation is about Marshmallows.

You've claimed that Hama's marshmallows are Pure Mist, and I'm telling you that Sagisō's marshmallow would thus be of higher quality because it uses higher-quality products.

Just because they were made elsewhere doesn’t automatically mean they are better XD. Mist has far more suitable land for sugarcane, I think you are throwing many fallacies my way

Just because they were made elsewhere doesn’t automatically mean they are better XD. Mist has far more suitable land for sugarcane, I think you are throwing many fallacies my way
I never said being made somewhere else makes them better, I said higher quality materials made them better. Whatever locations the Mist has, the Land of Fire has them too and with a better Climate to boot, and a larger workforce with which to cultivate.

Sugar yielding plants such as Sugar Cane are easier to produce in the Land of Fire, because of its bright, warm and sunny climate, as opposed to the Mist which is called the Mist because its islands are shrouded in Mist.

I never said being made somewhere else makes them better, I said higher quality materials made them better. Whatever locations the Mist has, the Land of Fire has them too and with a better Climate to boot, and a larger workforce with which to cultivate.
So? That just means they have more. That doesn’t mean they have higher quality.

Sugar yielding plants such as Sugar Cane are easier to produce in the Land of Fire, because of its bright, warm and sunny climate, as opposed to the Mist which is called the Mist because its islands are shrouded in Mist.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not all shrouded in mist. There are many of islands completely devoted to farming

So? That just means they have more. That doesn’t mean they have higher quality.

Contrary to popular belief, it’s not all shrouded in mist. There are many of islands completely devoted to farming
The type of crop, soil, climate, affects the quality of the sugar produced, not just the quantity. While they'd certainly be able to produce more, their climate is better suited for producing it and thus their sugar would be superior in quality as well.

@kyuukestu
Finished my response but can’t double post lel

I’ll give you a heads up on what I did though. Basically I had Kiro expend more chakra on the funnel to guarantee the hit like you said. Since you didn’t throw the Fuma, I just ended the post with the clone ready to move and catch the thing.

@kyuukestu

I’ll give you a heads up on what I did though. Basically I had Kiro expend more chakra on the funnel to guarantee the hit like you said. Since you didn’t throw the Fuma, I just ended the post with the clone ready to move and catch the thing.

I’ll make a team sound post then

If anything, it’s inferior. It takes better to sandy, coastal climates better.
It does not take better to sandy, coastal, climates. While it is capable of growing there and does have a high yield there, it is by no means take better to those climates that it would to fertile, tropical climates.

Even if it did, the Land of Fire has a coast, so we definitely have sandy, coastal, climate.

=========================
Sugarcane is grown in the world from latitude 36.7° N and 31.0° S, from sea level to 1000m of altitude or little more. It is considered as essentially a tropical plant. It is a long duration crop and thus it encounters all the seasons' viz., rainy, winter and summer during its life cycle.

Principal climatic components that control cane growth, yield and quality are temperature, light and moisture availability. The plant thrives best in tropical hot sunny areas. The "ideal" climate for production of maximum sugar from sugarcane is characterized as:

• A long, warm growing season with a high incidence of solar radiation and adequate moisture (rainfall) - the plant uses from 148 to 300g of water to produce 1.0g of dry substance.
  • A fairly dry, sunny and cool, but frost-free season for ripening and harvesting - moisture percentage drops steadily throughout the life of the sugarcane plant, from 83% in very young cane to 71% in mature cane, meanwhile, sucrose grows from less than 10 to more than 45% of the dry weight.
  • Freedom from typhoons and hurricanes
  • Rainfall: A total rainfall between 1100 and 1500 mm is adequate provided the distribution is right, abundant in the months of vegetative growth followed by a dry period for ripening. During the active growth period, rainfall encourages rapid cane growth, cane elongation, and internode formation. But during ripening period high rainfall is not desirable because it leads to poor juice quality, encourages vegetative growth, formation of water shoots and increase in the tissue moisture.
  • Temperature: Growth is closely related to temperature. Optimum temperature for sprouting (germination) of stem cuttings is 32° to 38°c. It slows down below 25°, reaches plateau between 30°-34°, is reduced above 35° and practically stops when the temperature is above 38°. Temperatures above 38° reduce the rate of photosynthesis and increase respiration. For ripening, however, relatively low temperatures in the range of 12° to 14° are desirable, since this has a noticeable influence on the reduction of vegetative growth rate and enrichment of sucrose in the cane.
  • Relative humidity: High humidity (80-85%) favours rapid cane elongation during grand growth period. A moderate value of 45-65% coupled with limited water supply is favourable during the ripening phase.
  • Sunlight: Sugarcane is a sun-loving plant. It grows well in areas receiving solar energy from 18 - 36 MJ/m2. Being a C4 plant, sugarcane is capable of high photosynthetic rates and the process shows a high saturation range with regards to light. Tillering is affected by intensity and duration of sunshine. High light intensity and long duration promote tillering while cloudy and short days affect it adversely. Stalk growth increases when daylight is within the range of 10 - 14 hours. Increase in leaf area index is rapid during 3rd to 5th month, coinciding the formative phase of the crop and attained its peak values during early grand growth phase (Ramanujam and Venkataramana, 1999).
Source: http://www.sugarcanecrops.com/climate/ (Sugarcane)

===============================================

While I wouldn't say the Mist is incapable of achieving these conditions, it doesn't match up to the Land of Fire in terms of Climate to produce Sugar crops. It can produce some other Sugar crop such as that marshy one you were talking about, but even then I don't see the Mist producing better quality sugar.

@kyuukestu

Gotcha Gotcha.

I should probably start working on my response too then. Need to fit ones for Koki'o and Yasu in there as well.

Though, I guess Taiyo's little sister might be one? *shrugs* who knows.
Thought she was a background character?

seems like you're gonna be working hard to have Kou conveniently not realize Orochimaru if like the furthest thing from Pacifist.
Well he’s been painted a pretty big image of Orochimaru. Like a fatherly figure to Zaku, and not to mention Orochimaru introduced him to Palentra, albeit not conventionally. He’s given this almost saint like image of the snake

Pacifism is boooooring~
Kou: I-I don’t think so...

Thought she was a background character?
Yea, Soul said she might get some development though.
Well he’s been painted a pretty big image of Orochimaru. Like a fatherly figure to Zaku, and not to mention Orochimaru introduced him to Palentra, albeit not conventionally. He’s given this almost saint like image of the snake
I mean that all goes out the window if Kou finds him torturing children in his basement :v
Kou: I-I don’t think so...
Sagisō: ...who are you?

Some concept of what now?
Broodlord Palentra, Kou’s rat mama.
Interesting flex with the two tails, I was thinking of doing something similar for Koki'o since she's the Twin Tailed Scorpion, but I ended up deciding on another design instead.

How big is she scaled to say a human?

About the size of her toe there in comparison to Kou’s size.

Oh? I had no idea that Koki’o had a summon.