• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Losing motivation for this one...but here is what I got
237173CB-D9A1-4D92-8E1D-E776CF137EE4.jpeg

I had this;

========================================
Sun Tzu said: “The Art of War is of vital Importance to the State. It is a matter of Life and Death a road either to safety or ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a peaceful summer night. The world was awash with peace and tranquillity. Gentle breezes stirred the leaves and bent the grasses; critters of every shape and size chirped, croaked, hummed, huffed and heaved into the night. As opposed to the bustle of activity outside, within the confines of the Hyūga Clan, everything was still and silent. Tonight was an odd night. Perhaps unprecedented in history. The wife to the Clan Head -the Head of the Main household- had borne him three children, three beautiful daughters, three triplets and if that wasn’t enough his younger brother, head of the branch household, had also sired a son. Four births in but a single night.

As the clan sat tensely -on pins and needles- the cries of a child shattered the silent night. One wailing infant became two bawling babes, two bawling babes became three weeping newborns, and three weeping newborns became four mewling neonates. Safely introduced to the world the children made their presences known and their virgin cries meshed together with the cheers of celebration, stretching long into the night.
========================================

But I'm actually pretty unsatisfied with...everything, so I'm rethinking better phrasing. It just feels...like trashy writing. Doesn't flow well enough. Words and sentences don't flow into each other seamlessly, the phrasing is awkward in places, and I think I might be telling rather than showing.

Just wondering cuz I was thinking about that chunin exam part you had planned. Was gonna introduce Kiro’s father by having him ask Hina out and get rejected lel

Oh and Fugaku would be there just shaking his head XD
Depends, I haven't ironed out an exact personality for Young Hinagiku. She might end up being a spoilt loathsome little princess who changed drastically after the 3rd Shinobi War. However, the Hyūga Clan is still strict so she wouldn't be too spoilt. Perhaps something more akin to her taking out all her stress from the harsh training on anyone with a lower status than her.

Well that's for when I actually get to her childhood though.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Low key I have this desire to write a Charms thing telling the story of our RP in a narrative format from Tomiko's POV (Azumi is my main here but I figure Tomiko would work better for this). But I don't have confidence I'd portray your characters as they should be portrayed...

Oh that’s an awesome idea! Just ask me questions whenever my character would appear or show up, or show me what you’re rote and I can tell you if it’s accurate ^^

Low key I have this desire to write a Charms thing telling the story of our RP in a narrative format from Tomiko's POV (Azumi is my main here but I figure Tomiko would work better for this). But I don't have confidence I'd portray your characters as they should be portrayed...
I've had that idea once, and I'd say the thing with PoVs is you don't need to portray other's characters. You simply need to show how your character views them.

For example, Sagisō is either neutral or sorta friendly with everyone, except Kai, who worked really hard to earn her distaste. I wouldn't focus so much on Kai's traits, but instead on how Sagisō interprets his actions.

Oh that’s an awesome idea! Just ask me questions whenever my character would appear or show up, or show me what you’re rote and I can tell you if it’s accurate ^^
I've had that idea once, and I'd say the thing with PoVs is you don't need to portray other's characters. You simply need to show how your character views them.

For example, Sagisō is either neutral or sorta friendly with everyone, except Kai, who worked really hard to earn her distaste. I wouldn't focus so much on Kai's traits, but instead on how Sagisō interprets his actions.

Both these would be interesting directions to take it in. I'll think it over.

If I were to do this I would make changes from the main RP. Some off the top of my head...
A. Pair up the cast into teams (Eg. show who Tomiko's teammates are same for others). Like the main canon.
B. Introduce certain characters (Eg. Shura) earlier in the actual exam part.
C. Probably retool certain stories to some capacity and within reason/permission. Such as Kiro, highlighting his "pride of Kiri" aspect and his distaste for the Uchiha earlier. How the Curse Mark thing would be handled I have no clue.
D. Probably spare Hashima.

Just to name a certain few.

If I were to do this I would make changes from the main RP. Some off the top of my head...
A. Pair up the cast into teams (Eg. show who Tomiko's teammates are same for others). Like the main canon.
C. Probably retool certain stories to some capacity and within reason/permission. Such as Kiro, highlighting his "pride of Kiri" aspect and his distaste for the Uchiha earlier. How the Curse Mark thing would be handled I have no clue.

Personally, I dislike writing Narratives since I feel like more of a reactionary writer than a proactive one, which is kinda why I'm forcing Sagisō on her own to work on that flaw of mine. It's also why I'm jumping back to NUF to join the newly vamped Adventurer's Guild. Since quests there can be done as solo stories to be handed in.

I’d take away the cursed seal if I had to go back. Having him at least get more development beforehand would be better. Highlighting his “pride of Kiri” would also be something I’d love to see. Obviously it became a bit soured over time but he still considers that village his home.

Personally, I dislike writing Narratives since I feel like more of a reactionary writer than a proactive one, which is kinda why I'm forcing Sagisō on her own to work on that flaw of mine. It's also why I'm jumping back to NUF to join the newly vamped Adventurer's Guild. Since quests there can be done as solo stories to be handed in.

Honestly, my tactic with my Fairy Tail/Ender Eye story (A spinoff of it) was to make my own character in the setting of that RP and tell my own tale with it. So I guess I never felt any constriction in that sense or being reactionary.

Honestly, my tactic with my Fairy Tail/Ender Eye story (A spinoff of it) was to make my own character in the setting of that RP and tell my own tale with it. So I guess I never felt any constriction in that sense or being reactionary.
I'm kinda just a bad writer in general lmfao. English has always been one of my poorer subjects. I'm far better with numbers, and the sciences.

The whole reason I started Role Playing was to improve my writing while having fun, so I gotta at least try to push myself out of my comfort zone.

I'm kinda just a bad writer in general lmfao. English has always been one of my poorer subjects. I'm far better with numbers, and the sciences.

The whole reason I started Role Playing was to improve my writing while having fun, so I gotta at least try to push myself out of my comfort zone.

If you are a bad writer then I should just give up now XD

Speaking of writing...would you guys mind if I sent you all Technocity chapter 2?

Yes.

Damn, this is good. Why are all of you or your friends such good artists XD
What can we say, we're attracted to talent lel.

I've got an appreciation for the Visual Arts because I suck at them lmfao, I'm more of a performing arts type given my history with the Orchestra. Which is exactly why Sagisō will reflect that by learning the Guzheng, and maybe Calligraphy.

might have her go the full set and learn all of the Four Arts. Music, Painting, Calligraphy, and Gō.