• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look maybe if it is so important to Kiro's character maybe we can make an AU exception and either A. Extend the bloody mist war & graduation policy to Kiro was the final year or B. make it a private thing with Kiro as a transfer from the Land of Fire. A show of skill or something

Why is this so important to the point you're to drop your main character?
It’s not that. The fact is I was misguided from the start. In RP and in the discussion we’ve discussed Kiro’s graduation exams. No one mentioned this back then and just went along. I created him with that exam being a vital part to his backstory. If it doesn’t fit the timeline, either Kiro’s a time traveler or... idk lel

This means Kai and Hyo would've gone through it as well, and while I don't see that as an issue for Hyo, I do wonder how that would affect Kai's character.

Conversely, to create less of a ripple effect we could play to the Mist's caste system. They actively suppress lower castes in fear of rebellion after all, so I could see the Bloody Mist only having ended for Mist Natives while the custom continued for the lower castes as both a means of Examination and culling their numbers.

Honestly I think the best way to do this would be to have Kiro transfer over to the Mist, and take part in some personal exam where he is tossed with some other kids there (Maybe loyalists to the Bloody Mist, outcasts or something) and told to fight to get out leading to something akin to the bloody mist graduation to show his skill and prove himself worthy of the Kiri headband. Maybe he had his own personal AU class for this.

Just a suggestion without causing massive rewrites or dropping or anything.

I was looking over Kiro’s convo with Kenji (who was pretending to be Yasu) during the chase arc and it reminded of the long, very long draft I had written up for Kiro’s graduation exam. I stopped writing it like two months ago lel

Still need to finish describing every kill. I could probably cut some out though. Imo, it’s probably more traumatizing mentally since I took the liberty of describing the relationship he had with his classmates.

As for timeline, Kiro was 14 at the beginning of this. Since Mei and the Yuki cleaned up the Mist earlier than in canon and this is the first group of Mist nin sent to the exams since, they probably finished cleaning one or two years ago. So Kiro was probably 12 or 13 then. For this to fit, he probably took the graduation exam when he was 10 or 11 so it would still be in the blood Mist era.

Anyways, I don’t know when I’ll finish this. Just sharing my thoughts.
Ah, you also only need to kill 1 person for the graduation exams.

Anyone else you kill will be entirely attributed to Kiro's personality.

Edit:
Or circumstances I suppose. Depends on how you wrote it.

This means Kai and Hyo would've gone through it as well, and while I don't see that as an issue for Hyo, I do wonder how that would affect Kai's character.

Conversely, to create less of a ripple effect we could play to the Mist's caste system. They actively suppress lower castes in fear of rebellion after all, so I could see the Bloody Mist only having ended for Mist Natives while the custom continued for the lower castes as both a means of Examination and culling their numbers.
Yeah, I was thinking something like this idea cuz of Kai as well. But I do see why it wouldn’t bother Hyo lel

Mei probably found Kiro after his graduation exam and took out the rest of the Blood Mist loyalists, probably with the Yuki like Shen mentioned awhile back.
Honestly I think the best way to do this would be to have Kiro transfer over to the Mist, and take part in some personal exam where he is tossed with some other kids there (Maybe loyalists to the Bloody Mist, outcasts or something) and told to fight to get out leading to something akin to the bloody mist graduation to show his skill and prove himself worthy of the Kiri headband. Maybe he had his own personal AU class for this.

Just a suggestion without causing massive rewrites or dropping or anything.
It wouldn’t necessarily be a transfer since he’s born there but the rest is sort of similar to what I had in mind. Loyalists to the bloody Mist, an AU class, stuff like that.
Ah, you also only need to kill 1 person for the graduation exams.

Anyone else you kill will be entirely attributed to Kiro's personality.

Edit:
Or circumstances I suppose. Depends on how you wrote it.
One kill sounded boring so I decided to take some creative liberties XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Unless Hina tries to stop me I won’t need more than those two. And it seems she’s busy. Besides I got a totally good reason, you kill an ally of my nation, I kill you. Kiro has already defected to the sound, Hina has gotten enough information out of him, I’ll be fine.

You can fight his killer if you want. As long as you don’t want to kill Sema then you won’t risk a chance of dying

Screw that XD

I didn't waste this time developing Tomiko's PTSD arc and having her find newfound resolve and that promise to Kiro to prove she can find a strength to surpass him while remaining true to herself all for some third party to take him out randomly XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Screw that XD

I didn't waste this time developing Tomiko's PTSD arc and having her find newfound resolve and that promise to Kiro to prove she can find a strength to surpass him while remaining true to herself all for some third party to take him out randomly XD
If you want to defend him... well you’d be fighting Sema’s teacher so you still won’t die.
Then why is Kiro at risk of dying? He has no reason to kill Sema lel
part of sema’s Idealogies are if you try to kill a suna-nin, you’re worthy of dying. If you succeeded, you’ll also die, but with lots Of torture preceding it

Unless Hina tries to stop me I won’t need more than those two. And it seems she’s busy. Besides I got a totally good reason, you kill an ally of my nation, I kill you. Kiro has already defected to the sound, Hina has gotten enough information out of him, I’ll be fine.
*sips tea*

He's a Hyuga Prisoner. No one can touch him without good reason.

If he gets transfered to the providence of another Clan then go wild, but while he has ties to Hyuga we have a reputation to uphold.

Also, this’ll be in the battle royale so you guys are busy anyways :p

Nah Kiro is too important for me to have you kill off this abruptly so I am gonna pay mind to make sure he lives. Gets his ass kicked? Loses fights? Gets captured? That stuff I can let slide and what not but he will not die till Tomiko gets resolution to her character arc one way or another.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
*sips tea*

He's a Hyuga Prisoner. No one can touch him without good reason.

If he gets transfered to the providence of another Clan then go wild, but while he has ties to Hyuga we have a reputation to uphold.
So the Hyuga would interfere with problems of a murderer of a ninja of another nation? Suprising they care so much about scum like that dealing with people trying to avenge their comrades

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nah Kiro is too important for me to have you kill off this abruptly so I am gonna pay mind to make sure he lives. Gets his ass kicked? Loses fights? Gets captured? That stuff I can let slide and what not but he will not die till Tomiko gets resolution to her character arc one way or another.
If you want, you can have your fight before me. Makes it easier for me to kill him. You’d just have to hurry up

Also, this’ll be in the battle royale so you guys are busy anyways :p

Kek, you're telling that to the Byakugan? You couldn't construct enough confusion to secretly kill Kiro.

Have fun trying though,, it could be an interesting character motivation. Though I'd like to know how your new character is related to Hashima. That'd make her motivation more believable.

If you want, you can have your fight before me. Makes it easier for me to kill him. You’d just have to hurry up

I mean this feels incredibly rushed and against Curse Mark & LCM Tomiko would never beat Kiro if he went all out. She is not strong enough for that yet which is why I want her to fight Sagiso as a display for this arc; as that fight there is a chance she might actually win in.

Besides doing it pre-shippuden feels too early.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kek, you're telling that to the Byakugan? You couldn't construct enough confusion to secretly kill Kiro.

Have fun trying though,, it could be an interesting character motivation. Though I'd like to know how your new character is related to Hashima. That'd make her motivation more believable.
Her ideology? Already said that

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I mean this feels incredibly rushed and against Curse Mark & LCM Tomiko would never beat Kiro if he went all out. She is not strong enough for that yet which is why I want her to fight Sagiso as a display for this arc; as that fight there is a chance she might actually win in.

Besides doing it pre-shippuden feels too early.
Ah then, I’m sorry but you can’t have your fun. Unless you want to fight a guy who can’t fight back xD

So the Hyuga would interfere with problems of a murderer of a ninja of another nation? Suprising they care so much about scum like that dealing with people trying to avenge their comrades
Ninja of another nation? Kiro belongs to the Hyuga as far as anyone is concerned for the duration of which he's their prisoner. The same goes for Tayuya.

They have their own plans regarding both and someone butting in to mess with them won't really be appreciated.