• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're waaaaaaaay toooooo passsive. You need to be staunch and firm. More often than not you get convinced with some unsatisfying reason.

I mean when I make mention of a problem I have with a story you all tell me that it isn't an issue and I make something out of nothing. I think you can guess why this kind of back and forth would lead me to give up on trying and just go with the punches as it were XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I mean when I make mention of a problem I have with a story you all tell me that it isn't an issue and I make something out of nothing. I think you can guess why this kind of back and forth would lead me to give up on trying and just go with the punches as it were XD
I only remember that in stuff like the sharingan which is super op so I’m gonna abuse it later on so I’m gonna not agree with you.

I only remember that in stuff like the sharingan which is super op so I’m gonna abuse it later on so I’m gonna not agree with you.

Nah, pretty much every time I mention a character losing a fight with gag moments sprinkled in (This cave thing) as well as Koop's decision to have the Jinchuriki just appear as well. It's plenty of colorful topics beyond just those Uchiha (Who I haven't complained about for a good while actually. Mostly cause of Yuki/Hyuga stuff XD)

Jeez, you're like @Ophious

Alright, I'll be looking out for these things next time, and I'll most definitely put a stop to it if you don't. Then I'll draft you into my harem.

Nah, pretty much every time I mention a character losing a fight with gag moments sprinkled in (This cave thing) as well as Koop's decision to have the Jinchuriki just appear as well. It's plenty of colorful topics beyond just those Uchiha (Who I haven't complained about for a good while actually. Mostly cause of Yuki/Hyuga stuff XD)
I mean, if you'd really pushed it then as a fact, Shen, myself and Zander would've taken your side.

Well tbh, you don’t really need secrets to have an advantage. A lot of us would still get rekt by you either way.

I’m more talking about the story anyways tho so yeah lel
I mean if you wanna know my plans for story and characters you could always just ask. It's not like they're sworn to follow me to the grave or anything.

I just haven't thought up anything for most of them :v

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Idk like I have a few problems. On one hand I’m doing a bunch of stuff behind everyone’s back so I can’t do main stuff. On the other I wanna interact with people and have fun in the RP but don’t really have an oc for that. Can you guys help?

Honestly the best arc for this RP would be something that helps characters, is part of a good story, and has a lot of interactions. If we can do that constantly then we REALLY have a successful RP. And not an arc where everyone is just wanting to get the wins over people but just a regular arc

Idk like I have a few problems. On one hand I’m doing a bunch of stuff behind everyone’s back so I can’t do main stuff. On the other I wanna interact with people and have fun in the RP but don’t really have an oc for that. Can you guys help?

Honestly the best arc for this RP would be something that helps characters, is part of a good story, and has a lot of interactions. If we can do that constantly then we REALLY have a successful RP. And not an arc where everyone is just wanting to get the wins over people but just a regular arc
I did try to push a bunch of regular arcs xD

It's just that the interaction part was an issue. It's hard to force interaction with people that are supposed to be enemies.

Whenever we do get all the characters together its always for conflict.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yea honestly if Kenji for example ended up with Sagiso in the underground thing then I think it would’ve been better and there’s not really a good reason not to do that. If team Oto and team kumo ended up in an actual fight then Kenji could’ve shown off some sick lightning style and Taji could’ve actually fought and it would’ve been better than “lol you got thrown a rat to your face”

I'll just say as a closing thingy, my biggest thing with this RP is it makes us enemies and I do not like that atmosphere. This slight of hand, one up strategy style of RPing adds an air of stress to everything and battles become criminally important as they are a reflection of one's own skill and tactical insight. Which the desire to prove one is better than the other here seems to take priority over what is fun or better for the narrative.

Yea honestly if Kenji for example ended up with Sagiso in the underground thing then I think it would’ve been better and there’s not really a good reason not to do that. If team Oto and team kumo ended up in an actual fight then Kenji could’ve shown off some sick lightning style and Taji could’ve actually fought and it would’ve been better than “lol you got thrown a rat to your face”
Sagisō has no enemies. She's a neutral character, and that's the beauty of neutral characters they can interact with everyone without the constraints of a 'side'.

I'll just say as a closing thingy, my biggest thing with this RP is it makes us enemies and I do not like that atmosphere. This slight of hand, one up strategy style of RPing adds an air of stress to everything and battles become criminally important as they are a reflection of one's own skill and tactical insight. Which the desire to prove one is better than the other here seems to take priority over what is fun or better for the narrative.
We can run with this idea. It's not a bad one.

Battles are fun & just fun. No one likes to lose but I don't mind a satisfying loss. If only Retro would have Kiro stop being such a pansy and be more aggressive. Then I could just have Sagisō fall for him and stop caring about basically everything else.

Kenji works too though.

Battles are fun & just fun. No one likes to lose but I don't mind a satisfying loss. If only Retro would have Kiro stop being such a pansy and be more aggressive. Then I could just have Sagisō fall for him and stop caring about basically everything else.
Speaking of which, when are you planning to wrap up the day in the flashback? There’s no rush or anything since I know Shura wants his time with her. Just a bit concerned that Kiro is just gonna sit there wasting his time when we originally placed them there for other reasons.

Before we do interactions we need to find out what we want the relationship to be. Then do the prerequisites. Then the interaction. The prerequisites line up with the setting. The setting lines up with the plot. And boom perfect.
Which is totally fine and is what I try to do most of the time. Prime examples being with Tayuya and Kiro, the former for which I'm trying to push a sister-hood relationship through numerous small interactions.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Tbh I feel uneasy with shen sometimes. Like I wanna have fun but then I also don’t wanna get destroyed easily. When I fought Kyuu it was just fun and I didn’t care about win or lose until the final blow happened. I think if every fight is like that in the RP it would be amazing.

Speaking of which, when are you planning to wrap up the day in the flashback? There’s no rush or anything since I know Shura wants his time with her. Just a bit concerned that Kiro is just gonna sit there wasting his time when we originally placed them there for other reasons.
She's already taken a bath so immediately. I was letting you guys take a bath too or react to Sagisō being so bold but I can also end the day now.

Tbh I feel uneasy with shen sometimes. Like I wanna have fun but then I also don’t wanna get destroyed easily. When I fought Kyuu it was just fun and I didn’t care about win or lose until the final blow happened. I think if every fight is like that in the RP it would be amazing.
Eh, that's cause you're actually a pretty scary fighter lmfao. You've come closer to beating Sagisō than most people.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think it’s actually down to a more psychological level where the way you feel about your opponent before you fight them affects not only your performance but your feelings during the battle. For example, retro was hyping up LCM and it made me really want to put up a fight but not for fun but to win. If you do win it’s obviously super satisfying. However when you take a more lax approach and just think about not your opponent but just trying to do the fight how you want it it’ll be a much better experience. When retro fought Sagiso he was pretty passive I think it’s due to Kyuu being like seen as a tactics pro and he not wanting to mess up and be vulnerable

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think it’s actually down to a more psychological level where the way you feel about your opponent before you fight them affects not only your performance but your feelings during the battle. For example, retro was hyping up LCM and it made me really want to put up a fight but not for fun but to win. If you do win it’s obviously super satisfying. However when you take a more lax approach and just think about not your opponent but just trying to do the fight how you want it it’ll be a much better experience. When retro fought Sagiso he was pretty passive I think it’s due to Kyuu being like seen as a tactics pro and he not wanting to mess up and be vulnerable
To add on to this, when you’re stressed out about your opponent you’re limited in creativity and in RPing that’s the key to winning a fight.

Funnily enough that's the very reason why he messed up in our convo fight, he was trying to be too passive.
Nah, I said don’t rush it. I just can’t really have Kiro react to anything with Shura there and I’m concerned he might find a way to stay in the prison for the entire time.
I've got nothing to react to though..?

He could, but I kinda doubt that he would. Even if he does I can always send Shura to Hina ~w~